IGNORED

Seewalds 30: No new baby, but with more recipe thread-drift

samurai_sarah

3 hours ago, singsingsing said:

There are definitely others. I will not out my fellow creeps, however. ;) I vividly remember the days when I used to think I wanted like 12 kids. Then I realized I just wanted to name them all. And then I discovered The Sims!

So did I. I think that's why I ended up writing stories. That way I can name everyone and have as many people as I want.  Almost always huge families with tons of kids. I get to pick their personalities, backstories, schools, religions and friends. That's almost more fun then writing out the actual story.  

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, potato said:

Adding to general Jessa speculation, she posted this video a little while ago.  About 4 seconds in, she pans to her legs and she's wearing either leggings or pants.  I realize there's a good chance that she's wearing leggings under a skirt/dress, but I'd like to imagine that that's not the case.  

I kind of wonder if at home she’s in sweatpants/joggers and a T shirt like a normal human and just ‘Duggars up’ when she leaves the house. 

7 hours ago, Nargus said:

I kind of wonder if at home she’s in sweatpants/joggers and a T shirt like a normal human and just ‘Duggars up’ when she leaves the house. 

Makes the most sense. I can't imagine being up and down and on the floor and chasing one toddler (2 toddlers for her!) and wearing still manage wearing a skirt. I've never been a skirt person though. Too much attention to keeping your legs together LOL

1 hour ago, kachuu said:

Makes the most sense. I can't imagine being up and down and on the floor and chasing one toddler (2 toddlers for her!) and wearing still manage wearing a skirt. I've never been a skirt person though. Too much attention to keeping your legs together LOL

My MIL (old school Mennonite) wears dresses and skirts out in public but wears pants at home. But when she was raising 10 kids - I think she was in dresses that were a step up from frumpers. (if the pics are to be believed. The lines of the dresses weren't awful but the fabric is...)

18 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I vividly remember the days when I used to think I wanted like 12 kids. Then I realized I just wanted to name them all. And then I discovered The Sims!

I used to design huge, elaborate "dream homes" in the Sims games, thinking I'd want a home like that someday. Turns out I just liked designing the places in theory... I can't imagine keeping up a place that's 2/3/4x bigger than the apartment I live in now. :D 

6 hours ago, December said:

I can't imagine keeping up a place that's 2/3/4x bigger than the apartment I live in now. :D 

We renovated and cleaning takes so much longer now. Have to spread it out haha...

That and I'm lazy, I'm a #craphousewife.

6 hours ago, December said:

I used to design huge, elaborate "dream homes" in the Sims games, thinking I'd want a home like that someday. Turns out I just liked designing the places in theory... I can't imagine keeping up a place that's 2/3/4x bigger than the apartment I live in now. :D 

I used to do that and I'd always regret it because it would take my Sims like 2 Sim hours to get from one side of the house to the other. I made them run a lot. Damn if my Sim houses weren't masterpieces though!

I liked the Sims, too! I would also always make a ton of kids. I think the coolest part about having lots of children is, that you get to see what kind of different combinations your and your partners genes can create. I only want 2-3 kids, for practical reasons, but sometimes I wonder... if I had 20 kids, what would they all be like? It must be pretty awsome for Gil&Kelly and Jimbob&Michelle to see all the differences and similarities between all of the kids and also themeselves.  

21 hours ago, JordynDarby5 said:

So did I. I think that's why I ended up writing stories. That way I can name everyone and have as many people as I want.  Almost always huge families with tons of kids. I get to pick their personalities, backstories, schools, religions and friends. That's almost more fun then writing out the actual story.  

I would literally spend every summer as a kid sitting in my backyard with my notebook in one hand and the baby name book my parents' had in the other! I would spend so much time creating characters, try to write the first paragraph, and then get bored!

2 hours ago, Chocolatecheesecake said:

I liked the Sims, too! I would also always make a ton of kids. I think the coolest part about having lots of children is, that you get to see what kind of different combinations your and your partners genes can create. I only want 2-3 kids, for practical reasons, but sometimes I wonder... if I had 20 kids, what would they all be like? It must be pretty awsome for Gil&Kelly and Jimbob&Michelle to see all the differences and similarities between all of the kids and also themeselves.  

If I had twenty kids, I'd soon be broke from the extensive braces and thick eyeglasses they'd all need. And therapy. Lots and lots of therapy. 

13 minutes ago, Mayluka said:

This is my favorite part of Jessa’s post though... 

BF96DA21-D93F-47FC-97F0-C738698D620A.jpeg.aac56882035a28cab46dc1314a833a53.jpeg

I just laughed so hard it woke up daisy baby... worth it

25 minutes ago, Mayluka said:

BF96DA21-D93F-47FC-97F0-C738698D620A.jpeg.aac56882035a28cab46dc1314a833a53.jpeg

Jessa is funny.. Wish the seewalds would leave fundiedom so I can properly like them all the way. They're ok though...

18 hours ago, December said:

To be honest, whether it was managing a huge Sims family or taking care of a huge Sims home, it would always end up being far too much work for me.

Once I attempted to have a quiverfull Sims family. It drove me crazy.

Give me a 2-kid family and manageably sized home any time! Both in the Sims and in reality :my_biggrin:

I also learned not to build houses with stairs as they would forever get stuck when more than one Sim wanted to use them :pb_lol:  Same with elevators/apartment buildings in Sims 3, it would just take them forever to leave the house (haven't tried Sims 4 yet as the reviews weren't that great).

15 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I'm not surprised at the "sensitive" comment, especially after his reaction to Henry's birth.

i like the sensitive comment. I think he is very sensitive. Get that impression. I think it hurt him that Flame's antics didn't help him.   I somewhat don't like her passive agressiveness though a bit 

how does he mess up....by not bringing her ice cream when she wants it....

Ben is sensitive and there's really nothing wrong with that. I like her post a lot more than Jill's! :P 

I like Jessa's post about Ben very much. She acknowledges and clearly appreciates his qualities, and they seem like an excellent match. Of course we only see an edited version of their lives, but they do seem to be true partners in their marriage.

6 minutes ago, SweetJuly said:

I like Jessa's post about Ben very much. She acknowledges and clearly appreciates his qualities, and they seem like an excellent match. Of course we only see an edited version of their lives, but they do seem to be true partners in their marriage.

Agreed. They seem like a proper unit, and she sees him and appreciates him. She's very good at articulating what makes him special to her - has she EVER done the basic bitch #besthubbyever type post? Certainly not recently.

This is one of the reasons I'm relieved at every day that passes without her announcing another pregnancy. They seem to have a decent balance and it would suck if they became overwhelmed with too many kids/too little space/not enough money. It sucks that the model for happiness and success in their world - eleventy babies - gives couples so little agency to pursue their own definition of it. 

(Maybe they'd be thrilled with eleventy babies. Maybe. But it's not like they get a choice.)

18 hours ago, Mayluka said:

That's pretty funny! Given the post, I kind of wonder if they'll end up more fundie-lite or even just conservative Christian in a few more years. Aside from the "training moments" mention this seems pretty mainstream.

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived