IGNORED

Seewalds 30: No new baby, but with more recipe thread-drift

samurai_sarah

I wore a kids' XL North Face for longer than I should have because it was about $100 cheaper than the adult version.   I finally found a women's sized one for a great price a few years ago and have been wearing it ever since :my_smile:

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, AlwaysExcited said:

(And, btw, should there be comma before "that" in previous sentence?)

No. And the "that" is also optional. lol

New season starts in one week, they better hurry up with their pregnancy announcement already (People magazine comes out when?) :my_biggrin:

I'll see myself to the prayer closet now for the speculation (I actually don't want to support it, but it's hard, man.)

35 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

If they can afford Talenti and HG as treats they aren’t worrying about money at least. 

Speaking as someone who does have to worry about money, this is a really unhelpful assumption. Some people are on a very tight budget and very carefully save so that they can enjoy a comparatively expensive treat now and then. Then they get judged by people who think they're the arbiters of how economically disadvantaged people are allowed to spend their money. I'm not saying that's the case for Jessa and Ben, but assuming that someone isn't 'worrying about money in the least' because they have a $7 carton of ice cream once a week is kind of off base.

If that was strawberry or blue berry  Ice cream +the Trio label she held up it would be a rather cute and clever way to announce a pregnancy. 

33 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Speaking as someone who does have to worry about money, this is a really unhelpful assumption. Some people are on a very tight budget and very carefully save so that they can enjoy a comparatively expensive treat now and then. Then they get judged by people who think they're the arbiters of how economically disadvantaged people are allowed to spend their money. I'm not saying that's the case for Jessa and Ben, but assuming that someone isn't 'worrying about money in the least' because they have a $7 carton of ice cream once a week is kind of off base.

Annnnd, it's on sale for $3.50 ALL the time at Food Lion (in the SE)

2 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

If they can afford Talenti and HG as treats they aren’t worrying about money at least. 

I can get those for $4 each (or less) at my grocery store. Pretty sure most folks could save up for that once a month...

You know what? Y’all are right! I guess if you have Duggar money you don’t think about cost. ;)  Jessa has always seemed like she was a name brand girl stuck with a frugal family but she can give her Toddlers Mediterranean Mint Sorbet with no second thought now. 

5 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

No. And the "that" is also optional. lol

That's what I'm talking about! If I translated that sentence to my native language and didn't put comma before "that", it would be the grammar version of breaking all ten commandments at once. :pb_lol:

I love ice cream. I have nothing else to add to this discussion but I love ice cream! :) 

Even when I had barely any money coming in I could still buy brand ice cream every now and then. Here pound shops and bargain stores do offers on big brands a lot. She posted a picture of two small ice creams it is not as if she was posting a picture of a banquet. She shouldn't be made to feel guilty about her and Ben treating themselves to ice cream once a week.

36 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

I honestly don’t believe she cares two farts and a turd about what is said on FJ ;)  Jill might but Jessa is a harder nut to crack. 

I don't think it's about hurting Jessa's feelings, it's about pushing back against stereotypes about people on a lower/fixed income.

Popcorn is how I treat myself. I find it so hard to resist the chocolate/raspberry and chocolate/caramel flavours from Smartfood. 

so on my facebook feed - they are promoting counting on with the girls group photo and someone and I mean the network edited out jill for kendra and it's obvious 

I just wanna say Jessa made me crave mint ice cream and I bought myself a pint of mint gelato.. And coconut... And rhum chocolate...

Shame on me:pb_lol:

33 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I don't think it's about hurting Jessa's feelings, it's about pushing back against stereotypes about people on a lower/fixed income.

Which The Duggar daughters or DILs aren’t as Their  husbands either have no fixed job or one that dosent  pay very much yet they live in comfort because of Daddy and TLC.  

13 minutes ago, nst said:

so on my facebook feed - they are promoting counting on with the girls group photo and someone and I mean the network edited out jill for kendra and it's obvious 

Can you download the pic and share it here? 

3 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Their  husbands either have no fixed job or one that dosent  pay very much

We.Don't.Know.This.For.Sure.

6 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Which The Duggar daughters or DILs aren’t as Their  husbands either have no fixed job or one that dosent  pay very much yet they live in comfort because of Daddy and TLC.  

I'm responding to your original comment that eating Haagen Das ice cream proves that they're not worrying about money at all, and I'm pointing out that it doesn't prove that and that kind of assumption contributes to the negative stereotyping of people with limited incomes. I'm not claiming that I know whether or not Jessa and Ben specifically have to worry about money.

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived