IGNORED

Seewalds 30: No new baby, but with more recipe thread-drift

samurai_sarah

48 minutes ago, Daisy0322 said:

Speaking from current experience Jessa may be wearing looser clothes because it's hard to accept/ know how to dress a post baby body for some woman. I'm back to almost my post baby weight but I just look different. My ribcage is expanded, my hips are much wider, my boobs are much much larger, my tummy, even though fairly toned, is just softer, even my damn feet are bigger. I'm not really ashamed of it but I'm not very comfortable of my new mom-bod either.  I believe my pregnancy was a beautiful thing and I'm so very grateful for my healthy little boy. However, It makes dressing gracefully a little hard. Sometimes I miss the mark and look too matronly in lose clothes and sometimes I look ridiculous trying to dress like my friends who are still 24 and out clubbing all the time. It's a awkwardly beautiful stage in my life but that doesn't mean it comes without doubts. Jessa and I are about the same age and I know Ben expressed Jessa feeling self conscious about her weight in that interview episode. She may not be pregnant or even trolling us, she may just be finding herself feeling similar to me. 

Okay serious moment over; she is probably pregnant in all reality of odds.:pb_lol:

This, for real. I am 16 months "post-partum" (can I still say that?) and still wear maternity clothes because sometimes it's all that fits me. While I'm at my pre-pregnancy weight I have bigger boobs (still nursing), broader shoulders, wider hips. People are always surprised that I can't fit most of my pre-pregnancy clothes because I still look petite. 

With all that said, Jessa will likely be spending the next 10 years in a permanent state of either pregnancy or post-partum so I wouldn't blame her for getting a lot of mileage out of her baggy clothes. And if she's not using birth control and is clearly fertile than I'm happy enough for her to have her million babies without a dumb announcement (chalkboards? Ice cream sundaes? Hot chocolate? Baby shoes? Ugh go away) for each one. 

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, singsingsing said:

...so in terms of pregnancy speculation it's not very valuable, aaaaaand I feel REALLY weird typing that):..

What has FJ done to us all?  I don’t think any of us really cares whether Jessa is pregnant or not. Yet, we discuss it at great length. She’s really just a boring person on a boring tv show who no one else in my real life even knows exists. We are all insane.  

8 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

What has FJ done to us all?  I don’t think any of us really cares whether Jessa is pregnant or not. Yet, we discuss it at great length. She’s really just a boring person on a boring tv show who no one else in my real life even knows exists. We are all insane.  

Well, I mean, that's kind of the crux of FJ, discussing fundamentalists. It's hard to argue against the validity of it (and I'd argue that discussing whether a certain fundie is pregnant or not falls under legitimate speculation, because constant pregnancy, or opening oneself up to constant speculation of pregnancy, is one of the issues inherent in fundamentalism) when it's the entire point of the forum. Unless you think the entire point of the forum is insane, and then the best answer is probably to simply stop participating in it.

(Note: I'm using the general 'you', not speaking directly to YOU, @Fascinated! ;) )

33 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Well, I mean, that's kind of the crux of FJ, discussing fundamentalists. It's hard to argue against the validity of it (and I'd argue that discussing whether a certain fundie is pregnant or not falls under legitimate speculation, because constant pregnancy, or opening oneself up to constant speculation of pregnancy, is one of the issues inherent in fundamentalism) when it's the entire point of the forum. Unless you think the entire point of the forum is insane, and then the best answer is probably to simply stop participating in it.

(Note: I'm using the general 'you', not speaking directly to YOU, @Fascinated! ;) )

Yeah, I was kind of joking there. Discussing whether Jessa looks pregnant in every photo is what prompted me to think we are nuts. Discussing her pregnancy when it inevitably happens, to me, that’s more what we are about. I wouldn’t be here if I thought the point of FJ is insane, although I do have to take breaks from it periodically, due to the despicable nature of many of the subjects of our discussions.  

9 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

Yeah, I was kind of joking there. Discussing whether Jessa looks pregnant in every photo is what prompted me to think we are nuts. Discussing her pregnancy when it inevitably happens, to me, that’s more what we are about. I wouldn’t be here if I thought the point of FJ is insane, although I do have to take breaks from it periodically, due to the despicable nature of many of the subjects of our discussions.  

Trust me, I know exactly what you mean, haha. ;) 

1 hour ago, Fascinated said:

that's why the xfiles are so much more interesting at this current time :D

but at the same I am the biggest supporter of you and this dedication to jessa about whether she is or not 

am i kidding :D

5 hours ago, MsSaylor said:

i think if she doesnt announce before the season starts then shes not pregnant. The thing that makes me speculate is that every pic since christmas time shes been wearing really loose clothes but that doesnt really mean anything either. I dont know why Im interested/care but I guess I am. 

I felt the same way about Kylie Jenner.  Why do I even care if she was pregnant or not?  But I did. 

I'm not as invested in Jessa as I feel that eventually, she will be pregnant again but I always feel it would be very cool for one of the kids to say "We have decided we are going to limit our family size to what we feel we can afford, and realistically handle while still be involved and loving parents".  Someday, maybe?

I find it funny that we spend our time wondering, it's like a certain amount of time passes and suddenly we are on the countdown. Then we are counting down to baby, guessing the baby's name, and then the baby is here and we start the cycle allll over again. It's really really funny and it's fun to be a part of! Partly because I think that we are so tongue in cheek about it. 

To be perfectly honest, one of the reasons I follow fundies is because I'm interested in babies - not so much the babies themselves (which sounds awful, haha), but more like... statistics? I'm interested in genetics, chance, probability, variation and all that, and I've also always been really interested in names, and in genealogy, so it all just kind of comes together. So it's kind of an interesting diversion for me to await the birth of a fundie's latest baby, or the royal baby, or the baby of a girl I went to grade school with. Then I enjoy learning the name, finding out the sex, seeing what they look like, etc.

It's also why I keep a spreadsheet of certain fundie families. I like collecting data about people, I guess? That sounds weird, but that's basically it. I used to create fake family trees when I was a kid. Or draw a long school bus, and in each window would be the face of a different kid. I'm not sure how normal any of that is, but, uh, it's me! :pb_lol:

I'm the same as you, I'm a name nerd and so I love finding out what people have named their kids, even if I hardly know them. Or don't know them at all! 

7 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

It's also why I keep a spreadsheet of certain fundie families.

OH wow. That's really kinda creepy in a funny sort of way. lol

4 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

OH wow. That's really kinda creepy in a funny sort of way. lol

Bless your heart.

@singsingsing Im right there with you girl! I used to think about having a billion siblings, their names, what color bikes they would have. I dont fully understand where this bit of weirdness comes from or what it means but the Duggars are and other large families are such a satisfying outlet for it. I think its safe to say theres plenty of peeps on here who have spreadsheets.  

3 minutes ago, MsSaylor said:

@singsingsing Im right there with you girl! I used to think about having a billion siblings, their names, what color bikes they would have. I dont fully understand where this bit of weirdness comes from or what it means but the Duggars are and other large families are such a satisfying outlet for it. I think its safe to say theres plenty of peeps on here who have spreadsheets.  

There are definitely others. I will not out my fellow creeps, however. ;) I vividly remember the days when I used to think I wanted like 12 kids. Then I realized I just wanted to name them all. And then I discovered The Sims!

8 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

There are definitely others. I will not out my fellow creeps, however. ;) I vividly remember the days when I used to think I wanted like 12 kids. Then I realized I just wanted to name them all. And then I discovered The Sims!

The Sims is great, but having that many bloody kids on that damn game is impossible! You finally think you have it under control and then suddenly there’s some kid starving outside playing on the swings at 4am. 

Just now, Nargus said:

The Sims is great, but having that many bloody kids on that damn game is impossible! You finally think you have it under control and then suddenly there’s some kid starving outside playing on the swings at 4am. 

Funny coincidence, but I alway make a Sim who loves family and children and a clean home and he is my slave and does all the work around the house. Next time I need to make her female and name her Jana.

3 minutes ago, Nargus said:

So true! Especially if you're playing with no cheats and you can't afford to hire a maid, gardener, etc. yet so you also have to deal with garbage and diapers and dirty dishes piling up and your sims going insane because their environment sucks. And I always found that nannies were practically useless. 

4 minutes ago, Nargus said:

Or the social worker is showing up because the kid didn't do their homework despite you telling them to! I love the Sims and I make my Sims have big families and all kinds of inter-generation living together stuff. It's a lot of fun. 

I have a huge family and love being in control of the family tree! So...I think it's just how I am! 

1 minute ago, singsingsing said:

...nannies were practically useless. 

Mine were always peeing on the floor! WTF

I do spreadsheets too and collect data like “marriage time before baby # 1” “age gaps between marriage couples” “age gaps between babies” “ age at the time of marriage” 

I guess it’s weird but I do it as a hobby and it distracts me from my day to day life. 

Adding to general Jessa speculation, she posted this video a little while ago.  About 4 seconds in, she pans to her legs and she's wearing either leggings or pants.  I realize there's a good chance that she's wearing leggings under a skirt/dress, but I'd like to imagine that that's not the case.  

Henry is so flipping cute! What a happy baby! He started out so serious and Churchill like. 

@singsingsing and others: when I was little, I would plan fake vacations for large, imaginary families (usually to Disney World). I would name all the kids and do research and plan itineraries. 

I likely needed more friends as a child :pb_lol:

Debate over possible pants and pregnancy notwithstanding, I am today officially declaring Henry as my very first Pet Fundie Baby.

3 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I find it funny that we spend our time wondering, it's like a certain amount of time passes and suddenly we are on the countdown. Then we are counting down to baby, guessing the baby's name, and then the baby is here and we start the cycle allll over again. It's really really funny and it's fun to be a part of! Partly because I think that we are so tongue in cheek about it. 

i am so serious about it though - can't you tell 

i have pictures of her calender 

2 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

I do spreadsheets too and collect data like “marriage time before baby # 1” “age gaps between marriage couples” “age gaps between babies” “ age at the time of marriage” 

I guess it’s weird but I do it as a hobby and it distracts me from my day to day life. 

did you not get my memo that I be in charge of Jessa's spreadsheets. 

you get Jill's 

8 minutes ago, Satan'sFortress said:

Debate over possible pants and pregnancy notwithstanding, I am today officially declaring Henry as my very first Pet Fundie Baby.

Like I straight up just want a Henry. I'm debating buying a new dress today, but I'd totally get a Henry instead if you could buy babies and keep them that way forever.

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived