IGNORED

Seewalds 30: No new baby, but with more recipe thread-drift

samurai_sarah

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For reference, this is what the poster on the Counting On subreddit had to say about it:

I'm using a throwaway because I don't want to be identified, but I have some insider news... Jessa is preggers!

I have evangelical family members who live near Fayetteville and they run with the same crowd as the Duggars, who they mingle with sometimes. I visited them last week/weekend and my cousin took me and my 1-year-old with her and her kids to a group play date thing at someone's house, and Jessa was there with her boys.

Jessa didn't say much to me and she - and a few other moms - kind of had an air around them that exuded exclusivity if you know what I mean? I got the vibe that she disliked outsiders so I didn't try to talk to her. But she had a noticeable baby bump. Her shirt was somewhat tight so it was obvious that she was pregnant and definitely past the stage of eating too much for dinner the previous night. She appeared about 3-4 months pregnant.

I lurk on this sub sometimes and when I noticed that Jessa was pregnant I immediately came on here to see if it was common knowledge yet. Looks like it isn't, so I wanted to pass this insider info to you! It looks like she's trying to keep it on the down low until she makes an official announcement, but you heard it here first! ;)

Actually she was very friendly with her friends. She seemed lax and chill around them, but she was very standoffish to me because she didn't know me I guess. You're welcome! It's kind of surreal to have insider info on a famous person for once, heh.

No problem! :) Jessa was totally hands-off. I don't think she even paid attention to her boys because there were a few women already watching all the kiddos. During the time I was there (1 hour), Jessa was chatting with her friends and I didn't see her interact with her boys.

Henry was all over the place, climbing on everything and taking other kids' toys but he was happy and gentle in general. Spurgeon kept to himself, he stayed in one spot with his toys. When the other kids went near him he told them to stay away. My daughter accidentally bumped into him and he screamed and pushed her away. I think he was just tired and grumpy...

I don't really have any reason to doubt it, beyond being generally suspicious of anonymous sources on the internet. The way she describes Jessa seems to fit. There's nothing salacious or sensational in her report. And Jessa being pregnant right now would basically be the least surprising thing ever. 

Yeah, that wouldn't be shocking at all. I very much think that Jessa is pregnant and not sharing at the moment. 

Jessa’s last full body shots on her insta appear to be September 4th when she took Spurg to ride horses. I don’t keep up with the insta stories they post though. She hasn’t posted amy selfies at all since then either and for Valentine’s Day he posted an old photo of her and Ben instead of a new one so idk ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ could meant something could mean nothing but a pregnancy would not be surprising 

1 minute ago, habert said:

Jessa’s last full body shots on her insta appear to be September 4th when she took Spurg to ride horses. I don’t keep up with the insta stories they post though. She hasn’t posted amy selfies at all since then either and for Valentine’s Day he posted an old photo of her and Ben instead of a new one so idk ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ could meant something could mean nothing but a pregnancy would not be surprising 

There have been a couple photos/videos of her in the past couple months (not posted by her) where it definitely looks like she could be pregnant, but it also looks like she could just be wearing loose clothing. So Schrodinger's Uterus is still in effect until further notice. 

34 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Yeah, that wouldn't be shocking at all. I very much think that Jessa is pregnant and not sharing at the moment. 

wait for monday 

:D 

I want to preface this by saying that I'm not judging. I'm genuinely curious. I was never really taught to cook, I kind of just started doing it on my own, and I do enjoy cooking but the stuff I make is very basic. What I'm curious about is how an independent adult couldn't/wouldn't cook at all. I understand if it's a situation where two or more adults are living together, and one of them hates cooking and the other one doesn't mind it, but surely someone has to do the cooking?
What really perplexes me is hearing from people my age who are single and live on their own and say they can't/don't cook at all. How? What do you eat? It seems like a necessary chore that just has to get done, even if you hate it, like doing the dishes or vacuuming. I understand that there's takeout and ready made meals from the grocery store and so on, but is that really feasible/affordable for every single meal? (Like I said, I'm genuinely asking. I'm really curious as to how not cooking at all actually works on a day-to-day basis.)

My grandma died when my father was around my age (25). He lived with my grandpa and my uncle, his other siblings (two brothers and one sister) weren’t at home anymore... knowing that my dad and my uncle aren’t good at cooking (grandpa died when I was only a few months old [emoji22]) I really wonder what they ate... probably only noodles and eggs... or the neighbors cooked something... he stayed at home till he was 35 years old, so a long time if you only eat noodles and eggs [emoji28]I need to ask him about it...

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived