IGNORED

Seewalds 30: No new baby, but with more recipe thread-drift

samurai_sarah

17 hours ago, Shadoewolf said:

It was cute, except for the part about "training moments", please God not those two sweet innocent boys.

I took that "training moments" to be more teaching moments and I'm wondering if that wasn't what she was trying to say. While Jessa is one of the sharpest knives in the Duggar drawer, it is a pretty shallow drawer to look through.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I can't see Ben hitting a baby. I really can't. 

I don't see them using the Pearl's methods either, they seem to let the boys be kids and explore. Jessa and Ben are more relaxed than their parents and while they will probably still be strict and raise their kids fundie or fundie light. 

I can't see Ben hitting a baby either--maybe Jessa, but I'd hope not.

She is really pretty though. She and Jana are the prettiest Duggars imo.

3 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Even if they don’t use Pearl I am 99% sure they will spank their children.  

I mean even though I and many others here on FJ disagree with spanking, it's nowhere near the level of pearls method. So it's an improvement and it's very rare that any sort of family cycles and compleatly corrected in one generation. So while I don't agree with it I think it would be a step in the right direction. I don't mean that to be taken as acceptance or excuses or anything. I abhor the thought. I just mean that it can't be regarded on the same level and pearls teachings are illegal while spanking in many areas is (sadly) legal, but it does make a difference.

@tabitha2 sorry I'm not really replying to you mainly just thinking out loud.

On 2/14/2018 at 8:00 PM, Mayluka said:

This is my favorite part of Jessa’s post though... 

BF96DA21-D93F-47FC-97F0-C738698D620A.jpeg.aac56882035a28cab46dc1314a833a53.jpeg

This is the most I have ever liked a Duggar. I was an English major, so there's that aspect, but it is also just funny.  She's not arguing with the person's sentiment, just with the misspelling.  It is really simple, but snarky and brilliant.

3 hours ago, KelseyAnn said:

Can I just say that Jessa is so overwhelming beautiful- from every angle! I mean, hot damn is she gorgeous. 

The picture with Ben is very hot :pearlclutching: . I am pretty much an asexual person, and even I can feel the hotness coming off of that one.  To me, JB & Michelle, Anna & J^$%, as well as Jill and DWreck  always look so awkward and icky with their kiss pictures, but that one was anything but awkward.

10 hours ago, Satan'sFortress said:

The picture with Ben is very hot :pearlclutching: .

I think the two of them get each other in the bedroom a ton - 

moving on 

so you people who are going to the royal wedding - are you inside the castle? 

3 minutes ago, nst said:

moving on 

I'm just glad it is on a Saturday so I don't have to take the day off. Yes I'm so badass I take the day off for royal weddings.  I remember watching Charles and Diana in 1981 it was Sumer time and I was home alone I was 10 and it was glorious. I watched Sarah and Andrew in 1986.  I even saw Edward and Sophie in 99(?) then William and Cathrine in 2011 and I can't wait for Harry & Meghan. I can't help but think Diana would have been so proud of her boys and just loved those grand babies. 

59 minutes ago, nst said:

moving on 

No, we are not. We will be among the thousands (millions??? haha) lining the processional route in Windsor. I'd love to snag a front-row spot on the Long Walk, but will take any spot with at least a bit of a view. 

If there's any way to get inside the castle - legally - I will seriously look into it. lol

Edit:  Apparently there may be a lottery for tickets that would allow members of the "general public" access inside the walls. I'm not sure we'd qualify for those since we don't live in the UK (although DH is a UK citizen).

6 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

No, we are not. We will be among the thousands (millions??? haha) lining the processional route in Windsor. I'd love to snag a front-row spot on the Long Walk, but will take any spot with at least a bit of a view. 

If there's any way to get inside the castle - legally - I will seriously look into it. lol

Edit:  Apparently there may be a lottery for tickets that would allow members of the "general public" access inside the walls. I'm not sure we'd qualify for those since we don't live in the UK (although DH is a UK citizen).

make sure you have a free jinger sign so we can spot you 

42 minutes ago, nst said:

make sure you have a free jinger sign so we can spot you 

OMG - I've been wondering what sort of sign/flag to take... That would be HILARIOUS... haha

8 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

OMG - I've been wondering what sort of sign/flag to take... That would be HILARIOUS... haha

well then now you have to 

Something quite surprising just happened to me. My best friend - who knows NOTHING about the Duggars- just randomly suggested (in jest) that I name my child Spurgeon :pb_lol:. When I asked her how she knows that name she told me she has a 97 year old patient right now in the hospital and she thought it was a silly name. I wonder how many Spurgeons there are out there...

34 minutes ago, LegHumperBibleThumper said:

Something quite surprising just happened to me. My best friend - who knows NOTHING about the Duggars- just randomly suggested (in jest) that I name my child Spurgeon :pb_lol:. When I asked her how she knows that name she told me she has a 97 year old patient right now in the hospital and she thought it was a silly name. I wonder how many Spurgeons there are out there...

Oooops, looks like the Seewalds are not as original  as they like to think :pb_lol:

Judging by the V-Day picture, it won't be long until we are guessing what name those crazy kids will come up with for number 3! :P 

On 2/15/2018 at 8:29 PM, Satan'sFortress said:

This is the most I have ever liked a Duggar. I was an English major, so there's that aspect, but it is also just funny.  She's not arguing with the person's sentiment, just with the misspelling.  It is really simple, but snarky and brilliant.

She's come so far from her "wa-la" days. 

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived