IGNORED

Boyer Sisters Part 6: Two Left Limping Along

Coconut Flan

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Both C and J have real acne issues. I’ve known people with severe acne and absolutely nothing OTC or essential oil related will put much of a dent in it. Unfortunately they most likely need to see a dermatologist and possibly use medication. Accutane is often the last ditch effort because it has so many side effects. I’m glad they are embracing their skin for what it is and not hiding it. It’s one of the very few things I may applaud them on...

The thing is, they've talked about their skin before and acne treatments. It clearly bothers them, but their current treatments aren't working. 

I'm certainly for body positivity and not focusing on the out ward appearance, but they keep talking as if it will just take time, and then magically the oils and meditation will start working. That's the difference I see in terms of saying "Girl, get some help."

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Jhamishwat said:

The thing is, they've talked about their skin before and acne treatments. It clearly bothers them, but their current treatments aren't working. 

I'm certainly for body positivity and not focusing on the out ward appearance, but they keep talking as if it will just take time, and then magically the oils and meditation will start working. That's the difference I see in terms of saying "Girl, get some help."

All the stuff they talk about doing is fine for mild acne. But theirs most likely is cystic acne. Which absolutely won’t be helped with that mild stuff. 

I thought that Jessica looked really sad in that picture. That's why I said that it wasn't flattering. The essential oils are not helping them. Jessica is a wonderful artist, I wish she would find something art wise that will make her happy. So she can focus on something besides her broken heart. 

I used to be sooo envious of Jessica's skin, it was radiant. Pics below are from 2016 and 2014. The sisters used to get a treatment from their dermatologist but they ditched it when they converted to oils and toxin-free living. Something about acne medication messing with fertility, a myth that has been debunked long ago. 

Sadly, acne is strongly correlated with depression. It makes sense - our faces are the first thing people see so it deeply affects the way we socialize. In her own words below from a Bwell post, Jessica felt terrible when her skin changed from clear to acne-riddled. It's a shame that they reject modern medicine in this instance. This isn't plastic surgery to change one's God-given features, it's treating a condition to restore the skin to a healthy state.  

I won’t deny how great the feeling of having beautiful skin was. In more ways than one that acne treatment empowered the girls and me as we entered the next 4 years of our Singing Career. 

Again, I’ll admit, I loved it. I loved being loved, and I loved being thought of as beautiful. I had it all good. Nothing to worry about, right?

I was so wrong.

Fast forward to this present year now and you find me battling waves of misery, looking, looking for something that would fix the way I looked, naturally.

Every time I saw myself in the mirror I felt ugly. Painful thoughts entered my head that never had a place in my mind before.

JB pic2.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

I'm not going to rag on them for their skin. That just seems unfair and unnecessarily mean. I will criticize them for trying to push their b.s. on people when it's clearly not even working for them - even worse because they're trying to sell it. Like I can't do makeup to save my life, so I'm not going to jump on Instagram and try to tell everyone else how to do their makeup. I'm a horribly disorganized person, so I'm not going to lecture other people on how they should get organized.

I'm not sure if they just can't admit to themselves that they were bamboozled by the essential oils racket, or if they know it's all crap but they're still trying to sell it to people. Hopefully the former, and hopefully they can swallow their pride, get out of the pyramid scheme, and cut their losses before they're in way over their heads.

4 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I thought that Jessica looked really sad in that picture. That's why I said that it wasn't flattering. The essential oils are not helping them. Jessica is a wonderful artist, I wish she would find something art wise that will make her happy. So she can focus on something besides her broken heart. 

Right--She looks sad. I realised that my first post literally called her "a bad guy", and that was wrong. Her actions provoke snark, to be sure, but despite her decisions to act like a toad, calling someone a villain was too far. Especially when her flat sadness is so apparent.

Just a thought. Maybe the Boyer girls should see the counsellor their mother saw. Counselling might be a better use of their time than pointing the finger of blame towards their mom or FJ.

23 is still so young. I hope that Jessica finds what she is truly passionate about this year and goes for it! 

Damn. I came here after an event. I don't have much to add, apart from agreeing that that post was ludicrously inappropriate and did not show anyone involved in it in a good light. Like, you're posting this on your public blog. For people to read. On the internet. Publicly. These aren't personal feelings stashed in a journal, they're presented with the intention of complete strangers reading the post. And that post... wow. I couldn't finish it, it just made me angry.

And Gabe, since you're so fond of setting up rules for people you don't know to follow, how on earth would anyone "prove" that they would react differently to a similar post about their father? Unless they write an accompanying one for Father's Day airing his dirty laundry (and I doubt they will, since the backlash on here has been significant), what "proof" would satisfy you? If you insist on telling people what to do, at least provide clear guidelines so people can "prove it" if they so desire. But that would mean, of course, that someone could prove you wrong. So you can just sit there smugly saying "prove it" without specifying how, so no one actually can "prove it" and you can be smug knowing you're right because no one has "proven it". It's circular logic. That's my theory, at least. Feel free to prove me wrong (preferably by asserting how one could "prove it" in your recent post).

On 17/05/2018 at 10:55 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Both C and J have real acne issues. I’ve known people with severe acne and absolutely nothing OTC or essential oil related will put much of a dent in it. Unfortunately they most likely need to see a dermatologist and possibly use medication. Accutane is often the last ditch effort because it has so many side effects. I’m glad they are embracing their skin for what it is and not hiding it. It’s one of the very few things I may applaud them on...

Accutane is god like. I had horrendous skin up till this year when I tried it. The amount of shame I felt from having acne in my mid twenties was unreal. I have perfect skin now and it’s been a bit of an adjustment. My doctor did say a lot of the side effects are over hyped. I had none besides the initial dry skin. 

21 hours ago, Eliowy said:

Accutane is god like. I had horrendous skin up till this year when I tried it. The amount of shame I felt from having acne in my mid twenties was unreal. I have perfect skin now and it’s been a bit of an adjustment. My doctor did say a lot of the side effects are over hyped. I had none besides the initial dry skin. 

Side effects are going to vary from person to person.  My spouse used Accutane for cystic acne in his early 20's and he had intense muscle pain/stiffness so badly that it took him a great deal of effort just to stand up from a chair (and he even had to buy a special chair so he could sit for any length of time).  He had been extremely fit before that - and he quickly went off it and just settled for bad skin.  

3 hours ago, acheronbeach said:

Side effects are going to vary from person to person.  My spouse used Accutane for cystic acne in his early 20's and he had intense muscle pain/stiffness so badly that it took him a great deal of effort just to stand up from a chair (and he even had to buy a special chair so he could sit for any length of time).  He had been extremely fit before that - and he quickly went off it and just settled for bad skin.  

I have a friend in his thirties who has a permanent side effect from taking it as a teen. 

Mr. Shrew had severe cystic acne & took Accutane in his late teens. It did the job, but also left him with super light sensitivity (he has to wear sunglasses inside if it's too bright), and left him bald on top at around 21-22 years old. The dermotologist & several other doctors over the years told him that these things were caused by Accutane. He probably had inherited male-pattern baldness, (we don't know because he was adopted, knows nothing about his bio-family history, & won't have his DNA tested), but if he did the medication speeded it up & made it worse.

Charlotte was in Indianapolis for a business event. 

25 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Charlotte was in Indianapolis for a business event. 

BEC, but I always have to roll my eyes over Charlotte's fawning about "Indy." I'm a native Hoosier and Indianapolis is not the place I go for city lights. There's a reason Indianapolis is sometimes called Naptown.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUIDk9lD9gG/?taken-by=moddyapple

I love my boring mid-sized Midwestern cities (I've lived in multiple and actually moved cross-country to plant myself intentionally in a boring mid-sized Midwestern city) but there's something about getting drooly over "Indy" that is pretty revealing about the Boyers' boring life.

I guess there's a difference between recognizing the comfort and practical affordability of Midwestern cities (outside of Chicago) and acting like Thoroughly Modern Millie over arguably the most average town in the U.S.

Sorry, all this was super BEC, and I apologize if anyone with a deep and abiding love for Indianapolis gets offended. I grew up an hour away and I know it's a nice town but the Boyers need to try Chicago or something for once in their lives.

If she loves it so much, here's an idea- move there, get a job, and an apartment! Take Jessica with you! Haha just kidding stay at home and keep dousing yourself in oil.

The hashtag "citygirl" is cracking me up. But why not? Seriously, it would do her a world of good to be exposed to people with a more diverse range of experiences, origins, priorities, and belief systems. 

I non-ironically totally support this. I would be shocked if the Boyer parents had enough faith and trust in their daughters to let one of them move to a city alone, even a somewhat podunk one, but it'd be great for her.   Pay your own rent.  Deal with entry level jobs.  Make friends in varied walks of life. 

I'll keep dreaming, I guess. 

7 hours ago, Kariina said:

BEC, but I always have to roll my eyes over Charlotte's fawning about "Indy." I'm a native Hoosier and Indianapolis is not the place I go for city lights. There's a reason Indianapolis is sometimes called Naptown.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUIDk9lD9gG/?taken-by=moddyapple

I love my boring mid-sized Midwestern cities (I've lived in multiple and actually moved cross-country to plant myself intentionally in a boring mid-sized Midwestern city) but there's something about getting drooly over "Indy" that is pretty revealing about the Boyers' boring life.

I guess there's a difference between recognizing the comfort and practical affordability of Midwestern cities (outside of Chicago) and acting like Thoroughly Modern Millie over arguably the most average town in the U.S.

Sorry, all this was super BEC, and I apologize if anyone with a deep and abiding love for Indianapolis gets offended. I grew up an hour away and I know it's a nice town but the Boyers need to try Chicago or something for once in their lives.

She needs to visit Columbus and possibly think about moving there. It’s not that far from where they live and it’s bigger than Indy but still affordable (compared to Chicago). 

On 5/13/2018 at 7:41 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I hope these girls (I say girls on purpose) have a little more empathy for their mother once they become mothers themselves. Because it’s the most difficult job I’ve ever had and I’ve made plenty of mistakes. 

I have a fundy family member who said very similar things about her mother AT HER MOTHER'S MEMORIAL SERVICE. This particular family member has a number of children herself, but she is of course the perfect mother and everything she does is exactly right...according to her. That's for another post though.

The mother in question was suffering from Alzheimer's and was not physically or mentally capable of "repenting" in the way described in my family member's "eulogy." Also, the description of her supposed dysfunctional early life was made up out of whole cloth and bore no relationship to the truth. I suspect my family member and others simply badgered her poor confused mother, who most likely had no idea what was going on but was just with it enough to realize that a "yes" or "no" answer was desired, and naturally cooperated with the daughter who was caring for her in her home. 

I couldn't finish reading the Boyer Mother's Day post. It was bringing back the overpowering feelings of anger that I had to choke down at the memorial service.

"Honor thy father and mother" was still in the Bible the last time I checked. I understand that some parents are horrible and don't deserve to be honored, but this family member's mother was a decent, loving person and did not deserve to be thrown under the bus in front of a hundred people or so who came to honor her memory because she had meant something to them.

I am still angry. I will probably be angry the rest of my life about this. I really hope that at least one of my family member's children eventually wises up and does the same to her when the time comes.

Editing to add: I forgot the best part. You can buy my family member's "eulogy" on the Internet, you know, in case you find its loving message helpful. I wish I were making this up.

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She needs to visit Columbus and possibly think about moving there. It’s not that far from where they live and it’s bigger than Indy but still affordable (compared to Chicago). 

And extremely gay-friendly.  Now that I'd like to see.

In today's thrilling news from the Boyer household, Charlotte has switched around her bedroom. 

Spoiler

Jessica was drawing D. Gary Young. Which someone mentioned previously! Bleck. 

2 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Hide contents

Jessica was drawing D. Gary Young. Which someone mentioned previously! Bleck. 

But no mention of the daughter he drowned? 

5 hours ago, wikinggirl said:

OK, that sent me googling. What a disgusting human being he was.

5 hours ago, wikinggirl said:

Just catching up on the thread and was thinking that same thing! I doubt most YL oil reps even know about that terrible incident, or about his arrest for practicing medicine without a license. This information is easy to Google, but I think a lot of oil-shillers would rather bury their heads in the sand about the true origins of the company.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived