IGNORED

Boyer Sisters Part 6: Two Left Limping Along

Coconut Flan

Charlotte is vague-stagraming about something or other. Blah blah blah Jesus! :P 

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

does anyone else see 'moddyapple' and read 'moldy apple'? every damn time!

35 minutes ago, MayMay1123 said:

does anyone else see 'moddyapple' and read 'moldy apple'? every damn time!

Yes!!! 

What does "moddy" mean, anyway? Modern? Or like the fashion in the 1960s?

Urban Dictionary was no help...

49 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

What does "moddy" mean, anyway? Modern?

Modest, maybe? 

1 hour ago, ViolaSebastian said:

What does "moddy" mean, anyway? Modern? Or like the fashion in the 1960s?

Urban Dictionary was no help...

I have absolutely no idea, I read it as MoodyApple. All I can think of is ModCloth. 

I always read it as moldy apple and I can't understand what she is meaning by moddy apple. 

Spoiler

Charlotte is posting a lot lately. Whatever that means. Top down rides to where exactly? 

On 5/31/2018 at 7:05 AM, AlwaysExcited said:

Gabe, please, enlighten us. 

No Clue. (not that I could tell you if I did. ;) )

Charlotte is shilling the Dressing Your Truth scam again. I'm not sure if they want to be a witness for Christ, but from what I can see their version of God involves shilling snake oil and overpriced, not so great clothing advice, which doesn't really make me want to learn more. I'll take hell if heaven is filled with snake oil sales people. 

27 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I'll take hell if heaven is filled with snake oil sales people. 

Have these people heard about the symbolism of snakes in Christianity? 

That’s how I feel about life right now: grasping on tightly to what I’ve got while the waves of change roll swiftly. Have you ever felt scared when something turns out better than you hoped? When reality is better than your daydreams? That’s me right now, and let me be honest: I’m freaked out.

It sounds as though she's found a boyfriend.  Or perhaps a real job and an apartment.

Nah.  I think she's in love.

If Charlotte gets married next I hate to think what will happen to Jessica.

I think she is already spiraling badly. Withdrawing from the media expet for her post about her eating disorder. Wich is most likely making a return. Why else would she post about it? 

3 hours ago, AlwaysExcited said:

Have these people heard about the symbolism of snakes in Christianity? 

Well, to be fair, the snake in the Garden of Eden was encouraging Adam and Eve to gain their own knowledge, even when the powers that be was trying to keep them in the dark.  So really, I don't think even the Snake would have sold MLM products.  The Snake probably would have been like "Have you done your research and looked at peer reviewed studies or at least explored the market?  Because not only does this not work/actually presents a danger to your health, but you could get comparable products much cheaper hisssssssss."

That's right folks, MLM products are a low that even Satan might not stoop to.  Or at least the snake in the Garden.  The Bible isn't always clear if there's just ONE fallen Angel or multiple, probably because the Bible as we know it is a compilation of multiple sources that disagree on certain points.  That's why in one creation story, woman is specifically below man (Eden), whereas just a few lines later, the second creation myth (Noah) specifically calls out that men and women were created equally in the image of their creator.  

[P.S - here’s to ramble-y posts that probably make no sense to the reader if they don’t have proper context, lol Sorry friends, just need a place to simply be.]

Hey, guess what, if you just need to "be" and write things that don't make sense to other people, you should do that in a journal or private account.

If you're posting to SOCIAL media, it should be SOCIAL.  

No one is fooled, because everyone knows YOU aren't a fool.  You posted to social media because you wanted attention.  If you didn't, you would have kept this somewhere more appropriate.  It's 2018. No one is fooled by "vaguebooking" anymore.  You're trying to tease your audience and get people to guess and watch your account.  Fine, but at least be honest about it.  Lying is a sin, after all!

Brigid has a new blog post up. Mostly about finding yourself in fashion. 

Sarah Jane posted on Brigid's post! When fundies collide! Rose is utterly precious. 

Moldy Apple is giving me horrific flashbacks to the overly long, navel-gazing LiveJournal entries I wrote when I was her age.  I'm triggered.

Does Charlotte realize that the Sarah Bareilles lyrics she's misquoting are from a song about encouraging LGBT to come out of the closet?  Well, maybe... I guess. If so, good on her!  She should photograph a big city's Pride parade -- talk about rainbows and colors and fun fashion. Pride is a photographer's dream. 

Looks like the Indianapolis Pride Parade is June 9th.  What a great opportunity to do something fun in the "big city."

I'll leave this here. My eyes are currently stuck in the rolling position! 

I wondered about the author of the quote above, Grace Thornton, and found this introduction to an interview conducted by singlematters.com (my bolding):

In a season of darkness, Grace Thornton wrestled with God because He didn’t bring along the husband and kids she had always craved. She was hung up on the notion that the world has more to offer than God does. At one point or another we all have probably been caught up with dreams or goals that we idolize, and have unconsciously guarded our hearts and ourselves from God. This just keeps us from trekking along the adventure God has laid out for us. When this clicked for Grace, she was able to discover and embrace her path and begin to encourage others to let go of expectations and to live with anticipation. While talking with Grace, I found her wisdom and grace exuberating through her passion to encourage others while sharing about the peace in her heart.

It's too bad that the fundy life encourages so many of these talented young ladies to stay at home and hope for a special delivery of a husband who will rescue them from their dull lives with mom and dad.  I'm hoping Miss Moddyapple :tw_apple: is taking steps to get out and about (at least, I think that's what she's doing, but who knows from her ramblings).

it kind of blows my mind that these ladies (generally, not just the Boyers) seem to think that a man is just going to show up one day and ask to date/court/whatever.  back in the dark ages, i used to think along similar lines, too (like, i'd just be bashfully sitting in study hall and the Cute Boy From Spanish Class would walk right up to me and start chatting), but i was a 14yo introvert who read a lot of fiction.  these girls and women are encouraged to remain home-based and limit their contact with non-related males because Modesty! and yet somehow Prince Charming will still turn up.  it doesn't seem to occur to anyone that the logistics just don't add up.  

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived