IGNORED

Boyer Sisters Part 6: Two Left Limping Along

Coconut Flan

4 years ahead of herself? Lots of plans eh? I'm not sure I believe it!

Spoiler

This one looks like a senior picture! 

Spoiler

Meh I've got nothing! 

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok, i'll have a go at this.  while i don't know how she arrived at the four-year figure, i'd venture a guess that she's a planner because her parents didn't give her enough tools to be a do-er.  she can't know what they didn't give her a chance to learn.  she could do more with her plans if she had the chance to either go to school or work full time; and as an able-bodied/minded adult, there's no reason why she shouldn't be doing one, the other, or both.  

Dragging people into her narrative who don't belong?  i could guess that she has a too-small social circle, or that she imposes on people inappropriately, or she doesn't know how to choose friends well, but since i don't know enough about her, i won't speculate.  but it's not God's story; it's hers.  does she really think God has nothing better to do than wait around for her to want something and then give it to her?   if God actually does have a story for her, maybe He wants her to get off her proverbial backside and put her own life together.  Doesn't God help those who help themselves?  in what capacity is she helping herself?  and getting hurt isn't the end of the world if one learns from one's mistakes.  

the second photo does look like a senior picture.  i wonder if they got the homeschool equivalent.  with all of the posing J&C have done since becoming a two-some, they truly seem to enjoy being photographed.  if only they could pursue some local-level commercial modeling; they're both very pretty and look so nice in their pictures.  (i'm leaving Brigid out because i didn't encounter BoyerWorld until right around her wedding, and she's stepped back so much since then that i don't really know if she genuinely likes doing so.)

the flower is just plain pretty.

It looks a bit like she thought she'd found someone (maybe) and began spinning dreams before the other person realized she was there.  She really needs to get out of the middle school mind set. 

God can't steer a stalled rowboat.  She needs to get out and actually live life.

In regards to expecting a man to just show up at their door- could that be why they post so often about nothing? Trying to brand themselves as hot helpmeet Christians so men will take notice and reach out to them?

i don't know, just taking a guess to why they vague book so much. It reminds me a lot of middle/High school. I cringe when I see some of those on this day things that pop up on Facebook. "FleeJanaFree is going out of town for the weekend!" Who the hell cares, self? 

Does anyone recall how Brigid and Gabe met? It was before I started checking out this thread.

Charlotte grates on every single one of my nerves.  I feel like a bitch but aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh she makes me want to do one of those full body eye rolls.

She looks nice but are tight rolled jeans still in style?  I feel like they came back a few years ago already and should be gone again by now.  When we were doing that circa 1993 I had one friend whose mom wouldn't let us out of the car at the mall until we unrolled them.  

Edited to add wear what you like when you like, I'm just surprised since she seems into fashion.

13 minutes ago, IntrinsicallyDisordered said:

She looks nice but are tight rolled jeans still in style?  I feel like they came back a few years ago already and should be gone again by now. 

My 16 year old daughter was tight rolling her jeans this year. I had to show her how to do it!

Tight rolled jeans (didn’t realize there was a term for them) are definitely still in. I know this because I’ve been looking for new jeans and most of them are rolled up at the bottom and dammit I just want jeans that are normal jeans. Like a nice pair of basic straight leg jeans. That aren’t ripped, artfully stained, cropped, ultra high waisted, bedazzled or rolled up. Just. Jeans.

47 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Like a nice pair of basic straight leg jeans. That aren’t ripped, artfully stained, cropped, ultra high waisted, bedazzled or rolled up. Just. Jeans.

They don't exist anymore. Sorry to tell you. I went to buy shorts and they were all embroidered and bedazzled. I'm not even shopping in stores for teens, I swear! 

13 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

They don't exist anymore. Sorry to tell you. I went to buy shorts and they were all embroidered and bedazzled. I'm not even shopping in stores for teens, I swear! 

Don't forget the ones that are ripped all to hell! 

6 hours ago, FleeJanaFree said:

In regards to expecting a man to just show up at their door- could that be why they post so often about nothing? Trying to brand themselves as hot helpmeet Christians so men will take notice and reach out to them?

i don't know, just taking a guess to why they vague book so much. It reminds me a lot of middle/High school. I cringe when I see some of those on this day things that pop up on Facebook. "FleeJanaFree is going out of town for the weekend!" Who the hell cares, self? 

Does anyone recall how Brigid and Gabe met? It was before I started checking out this thread.

I don’t know exactly how Brigid and Gabe met, but the Boyers used to be very active. They toured with their family music group and pulled decent audiences. They were involved in things like historical reenactments (they used to really have a passion for period/Historical clothing),  and I think they may have done some traditional dance as well? Memory is fuzzy. Anyways, the point is that they used to be QUITE busy before Brigid married, and had lots of opportunities to meet people. One of the remaining sisters even had a failed relationship. So they WERE meeting people. 

Gabe has said they still are, just not in a way that translates to blogging. If so, they sure make a concerted effort to keep their activities off social media while simultaneously posting all the time, which translates into them looking like they do a whole lot of nothing. That’s usually the opposite of how people use social media, but OK. 

Basically, it appears that Brigid was always the leader and sort of pulled her sisters along for the ride. It was a working dynamic, but now without Brigid’s leadership and direction, they appear lost. That’s not uncommon or unusual. If you spend your entire life essentially as a tag-along, it can take time to adjust and learn how to find your own direction. But the Boyer sisters are quickly approaching the end of that acceptable time frame, and I worry that they aren’t going to get it without some help...which of course they don’t have access to. 

I really wish this country didn’t have such a stigma around therapy. It’s not just for mental illness! If you just want better life or emotional skills or need help to get over a hurdle or major change in your life, of course a professional can help you with that! It’s never shameful to take steps to be your best self! 

2 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Tight rolled jeans (didn’t realize there was a term for them) are definitely still in. I know this because I’ve been looking for new jeans and most of them are rolled up at the bottom and dammit I just want jeans that are normal jeans. Like a nice pair of basic straight leg jeans. That aren’t ripped, artfully stained, cropped, ultra high waisted, bedazzled or rolled up. Just. Jeans.

Nope. None for you! None for any of us. :penguin-no: Fashion decided decreed that we don't need normal jeans anymore. 

2 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I have several pairs of basic, normal jeans that I got at Costco. Just saying.

I just hope the skinny jean look is on the way out, I can't wear those. Even if they did flatter me, I find tight clothing terribly uncomfortable. 

And all this is why I end up in "mom jeans". :sigh:

45 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I just hope the skinny jean look is on the way out, I can't wear those. Even if they did flatter me, I find tight clothing terribly uncomfortable. 

I have sensory issues with clothing, apparently even as a toddler I couldn't stand anything tight aka noticeable around my neck or waist.  I haven't gone jeans shopping in 5 years, looks like I'm not missing anything.  

15 minutes ago, IntrinsicallyDisordered said:

I haven't gone jeans shopping in 5 years, looks like I'm not missing anything.  

I’d agree with that.  I haven’t bought a pair of jeans since around 1993, and haven’t worn any since maybe 1996. I never thought they were particularly comfortable; I used to clean motel rooms on the weekends, so my pants style of choice was—get this—knit stirrup pants. They just worked better for all the bending and kneeling I had to do. Then as I started gaining weight, my fat distribution made pants shopping a long, tedious, often-fruitless venture.  If they fit through the waist and hips, the thighs would be too snug; or they’d be too short.  Now I favor skirts and yoga pants. 

13 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I know this because I’ve been looking for new jeans and most of them are rolled up at the bottom and dammit I just want jeans that are normal jeans. Like a nice pair of basic straight leg jeans. That aren’t ripped, artfully stained, cropped, ultra high waisted, bedazzled or rolled up. Just. Jeans.

If you find a pair that meet this criteria AND fit my booty, please shout it from the rooftops.

1 hour ago, catlady said:

I’d agree with that.  I haven’t bought a pair of jeans since around 1993, and haven’t worn any since maybe 1996. I never thought they were particularly comfortable; I used to clean motel rooms on the weekends, so my pants style of choice was—get this—knit stirrup pants. They just worked better for all the bending and kneeling I had to do. Then as I started gaining weight, my fat distribution made pants shopping a long, tedious, often-fruitless venture.  If they fit through the waist and hips, the thighs would be too snug; or they’d be too short.  Now I favor skirts and yoga pants. 

I live in yoga pants, elastic waisted skirts, and kaftans.  I have a closet full of clothes that no longer fit, and maybe they will again...but I don't think I'll be going back to jeans.

I stopped wearing jeans about 4 years ago. It was the best decision & I wish I did it years ago. My mother is a big time QVC shopper. Their are a certain type of pants they sell. I wear those in the winter. I think they are really suppose to be leggings. I get a size up and they fit great. The only draw back for me is they don't have pockets. Another type of pants they sell are made with a looser type of material and I wear those in the summer through fall and they do have pockets. 

I have two pairs of cotton harem pants from a company that is no longer in business.  I wear them to work in the winter on days when the weather is too brutal for a skirt. They’re loose enough that I can put leggings under them. 

I had stopped wearing dresses about 15 years ago because current styles looked sloppy on me; I stuck with separates and migrated to bohemian skirts as my weight went up (I can hide a lot under a full skirt).  Then a couple years ago I started shopping at a retro shop and figured out that the 50s look of fitted bodice and very full skirt works with my shape, so I’m back into dresses again. 

2 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

And all this is why I end up in "mom jeans". :sigh:

Apparently Mom jeans are in. Or at least I keep seeing “Mom jeans” listed on clothing sites lately. 

13 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Or if they do, they're not made of real denim.  I bought Old Navy jeans @ Eaton Centre and when I got home I realized they were made of partial synthetic.  They were itchy, didn't loosen like real cotton, and they absolutely stank of chemical (never washed out). No Old Navy purchases since.

You guys I think I found the worst jeans.

Spoiler

agg94382_blue_xl

For anyone looking for plainer, basic jeans, I definitely recommend Target’s Universal Thread collection. It’s basically their Madewell knockoffs. I have a few pairs and they fit really well and there are a variety of washes and styles. 

I have a couple of pairs of black jeans that are ok. I just dread the day that the seam busts out of them on the leg. Always happens! 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived