IGNORED

Lori Alexander 38: Still Cooking "Healthy" Meals?

3 hours ago, Hisey said:

Maybe her daughter does not want her around. Maybe she didn't invite her to Houston for the birth, or maybe she encouraged her to go home right after. "No need to stay, mom, we're fine. .  ."

Yes! Yes! I have felt that way for a long time about numbering babies. I didn't know anyone else thought that too. It does dehumanize them, even the speaker didn't mean to. I remember when Jim Bob was giving a tour of his home, and he pointed to his bedroom and tastefully said something about maybe Baby #17 would be conceived soon. (And she did, it was Johannah). I was like Number 17--who calls an infant (or a fetus for that matter) by a number?

Nitpicking, I know, but Johanna is number 16. Jennifer is number 17.

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone could tell people, Lori could.  She used a combination of public and private schools to educate her children, and had a nanny to hold her baby for "hours a day".  She wouldn't hesitate to say that she
raised her kids in the way they should go".  She has also declared (multiple times) that she was a "great mother", so I guess public school isn't all that bad.

@EmiGirl Alyssa was away for the weekend so has probably avoided Lori and all the convo. I would love Alyssa to show up here. I don’t think she and Lori are all that close. I think most of Lori’s modesty digs are at her. Of all of them I think Alyssa is most normal for lack of a better term. I also think she’s had a lot of healing to do. 

49 minutes ago, Koala said:

If anyone could tell people, Lori could.  She used a combination of public and private schools to educate her children, and had a nanny to hold her baby for "hours a day".  She wouldn't hesitate to say that she
raised her kids in the way they should go".  She has also declared (multiple times) that she was a "great mother", so I guess public school isn't all that bad.

What irritates me is this post has nothing to do with home schooling. It doesn’t matter if kids go out for school or not there are things that parents need to be teaching their kids. During the Bible they didn’t have schools to send their kids to. Most kids just learned a trade so they could survive. It was a different time than it is now. 

Ugh, not again. Schools did not exist in Biblical times. Literacy is expected now, for everyone. You can’t compare two vastly differently things. I am so tired of her attitude that homeschooling is the best choice for all families. She acts like it is child abuse to send a child to public schools.

Educate your children as you see fit and I’ll do the same. But I have to say, I’d bet my 13 year old public school kid could beat Lori on the SATs or any general knowledge test, hands down. I’d pay to see Lori try to graph a linear equation. Her writing and spelling is not good at all and her grammar is lacking. We see her poor analytical skills on a daily basis.

I'd like to believe that we would completely embrace her should she come here. I know that she probably isn't as far into the more liberal side of life and probably isn't pro choice, but I would hope that we would give her a safe place to hash out her thoughts and beliefs without completely attacking her.

2 hours ago, Koala said:

1. Forgive me, am on vacation still and have imbibed a bit.

2. I’m not really following the emoji story. Is that a mum sending her two children to school and they come out the other end all perplexed?

3. I actually agree with god the Bible Lori that we must train up our children in all areas of life so that they may become functioning, independent adults. Personally, we did this by teaching our children stuff when they were with us and by enrolling them in schools where the prime objective was to teach the children things. 

4. I forgot my train of thought. 

1 hour ago, Chocolatedefrauded said:

But I have to say, I’d bet my 13 year old public school kid could beat Lori on the SATs or any general knowledge test, hands down. I’d pay to see Lori try to graph a linear equation. Her writing and spelling is not good at all and her grammar is lacking. We see her poor analytical skills on a daily basis.

TBH, I'd have trouble doing that graph. Simply because I have forgotten a lot of math stuff that I rarely used since I left school.

I also have trouble helping my children with school work because they are being educated in a language that I don't a sufficient level of comprehension to be of any use.

12 hours ago, molecule said:

To share any portion of this site (including images), you must include: "By Sunny Shell. Copyright © 2017. Abandoned to Christwww.sunnyshell.org"

I read that as sunny's hell. Poor Sunny. :( (Just kidding, of course. ;) )

There's no way in hell I could graph a linear equation right now...I'd need a couple of days to review first. It's bad enough I can't really convert fractions to decimals anymore like I used to...so I'm cheating and using a table I printed off. Half of what I'm doing is using fractions and the other half is decimal. I just had to subtract 1/4 inch off 38 fixtures...then to compute the LED length I have to take another 1/4 inch off. Problem is, to do it right, I have to use the Properties function in AutoCAD and that's decimals...so if something is 26 11/16 in long and I have to subtract 1/4 in from it...I can do that with fractions...remembering that 1/4 = 4/16...so it's 26 7/16. Great. But then convert to decimals...not happening. 

I'm also having to put together a basic "shop familiarization" class for work...reading a tape measure, understanding fractions, etc. The sad part is these people are high school grads. I've just forgotten because I didn't use it for a long time. These kids are starting from ground zero. 

6 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

During the Bible they didn’t have schools to send their kids to. Most kids just learned a trade so they could survive. It was a different time than it is now. 

There are plenty of timeless lessons to take away from the Bible, yet fundies  often gravitate towards the parts that seem very specific to a particular time, place and culture. Though I guess it makes sense why there's such a love of idealized 19th century or early 20th century lifestyles... they're old enough to be "the good old days" but still much more recent than Biblical times, making them easier to portray as totally relevant!

Bottom line?

Lori has once again twisted the Bible to make it say what she wants it to say.

That's certainly not how she interpreted that verse when she had kids.

Let me help, Lori. You asked:  What does the Bible say about homeschooling?

The answer? NOTHING

I peeked at some of the profiles of women who liked/shared the post about women’s dress as sexual harassment of men and some of them are dressed in what would typically be defined as immodest by Lori and her leghumpers. So what is that about? Low self esteem? A need to tear down other women? A need to act smug or self-righteous? 

And today’s blog post? To me it confirms that she and/or Ken pop over here. And likely on SSB as well. 

Oh, Lori... :pb_lol:

Today Lori is warning against trying to make a name for yourself in cyberspace.  No, really... :pb_lol:  

There are many young “Christian” women bloggers these days who have huge followings. 

Take note, they're "Christians", not Christians.  A huge following = "Christian".  Their following alone is plenty of reason to call their salvation into question.

It’s heady stuff having a lot of people reading what you’re writing. Yes, I have a taste of it but I have to be so careful to not allow it to consume me

She did get a taste of it!  Did you know Lori went VIRAL???  Because she did!  She went VIRAL!!!! :roll:

In any case, she's careful not to let it consume her.  She doesn't monitor the internet for a "majority of the day", she doesn't obsessively delete comments, and she certainly doesn't make strange "Youtubes" in the middle of the night.  Nope, not Lori.

My husband often reads what I write, comments, takes any emails or comments from men, and has even written some posts. He, at any time, can tell me to take down a post or change comments and I will

Actually, that's not true at all.  When Ken was here, he was very clear that Lori refused to make changes to her blog.

Ken Alexander:

My wife is not submitting to me on some issues I would like to see changed or modified on her blog. Are you shocked???

Not to mention, that when Ken suggested a more balanced approach, Lori promptly told him that he could get his own blog!

I sometimes encourage her to be more balanced, but she says, "my ministry is not to men. If you want to teach men, start your own blog.'

So, yeah...Lori is totally open to input from Ken.  And then she takes that input, and tells him to shove it!

Lori is so transparent.  She is green with jealously over women whose ministries are more successful than her "ministry".  

Back to Christian women bloggers today. "Making a Name for Ourselves in Cyberspace." 

It’s heady stuff having a lot of people reading what you’re writing. Yes, I have a taste of it but I have to be so careful to not allow it to consume me...

Especially at two o'clock in the morning when she has the all-consuming urge to furtively make a 'YouTube.':laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:

My husband often reads what I write, comments, takes any emails or comments from men, and has even written some posts. He, at any time, can tell me to take down a post or change comments and I will but he gives me the freedom to write what I write and study.

Didn't Ken come here and say that she doesn't always do what he tells her to do? :my_dodgy:

Mothers, your work in the home with your husband and children is invaluable. You are doing a great work so don’t be tempted to leave (even emotionally and mentally through cyberspace) this God-ordained work in pursuit of name recognition, fame, and/or money even if you think it is your “calling.”

Let me fix this for you, Lori: "If more of you stop blogging and making a name for yourselves online, that's less competition for me." :dance:

Oh. My. God. 

There are many young “Christian” women bloggers these days who have huge followings. They write books ...

From today's post:

Consider the temptation for women to seek their own identities and followings on the Internet. It seems that many women attempt to make a platform for themselves and their own teaching which is quite separate from assisting their husbands in their callings.

Umm, that's exactly what Lori does.  Ken was very clear that they don't agree on everything she teaches, from working women, to spanking.

Spanking:

Two issues were mentioned above with which Lori and I do not have complete agreement. Is spanking the only way, and does God demand it? I say no, she would lean towards yes

Lori regularly teaches that spanking is a must for Christian parents, even though Ken clearly does not agree.  She is  "making a platform for herself, and her own teaching", instead of deciding to agree with her husband, as she has told her readers to do.

Working mothers:

The second issue Lori and I are not in complete agreement is working mothers. I work with hundreds of working mothers throughout the world in my job. Some are highly successful doing both 

Lori is undermining Ken's beliefs, every time she insists that mothers are "blaspheming God" if they work.  In other words, she is "making a platform for herself, and her own teaching".

Lori, you should decide to agree with your husband, and stop trying to make a platform for your own teachings.  If Ken says working is okay and spanking isn't necessary, then that's what you should teach!  After all, this is about assisting him in his calling, not answering your own.  In fact, why not start blogging as Mrs. Ken Alexander?  That way you wouldn't be "seeking your own identity"!  How godly would that be??!

1 hour ago, Koala said:

Lori is so transparent.  She is green with jealously over women whose ministries are more successful than her "ministry".  

You captured my thoughts exactly. Obviously she has no self-introspection function -- because ONCE AGAIN she is calling out others WHO ARE EXACTLY THE SAME AS SHE!  She fails to see the irony of these posts.

I have to be honest, I've been binge reading some of her older stuff (as I wear my leggings!) and I think I need to walk away a bit. I find myself so angry at her judgmental rants, twisting of scripture, and meanness.   Hey, Lori...what about: (bolding is mine for emphasis)

Matthew 22:36-40 King James Version (KJV) -- just for you! 

36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.

39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

NOT required homeschooling, NOT using organic ingredients, NOT wearing nail polish, NOT wearing leggings, NOT about women working, and the list goes on.

I see NO LOVE for thy neighbor in ANYTHING she posts.   I need to go watch some kittens videos now before my head explodes. 

Today's notebook doodle:

Check out this comment:

Except for the whole going against God and talking Abraham into sleeping with her maid because she didn't trust the Lord.....look what a pickle that got him in.

Lori could address the reader and have an intelligent discussion.  But nah...better to just leave a snappy, snotty reply:

just going by what the Word of God clearly states.

No Lori, you are going by what John Rice clearly states. 

Isn't he the one that claims women aren't made in the image of God??   When Lori made her own post, making that same assertion, it seems like he was mentioned.  Anyway...

What the reader is referencing is from the Bible as well.  Wonder how long it will take Lori to delete the whole exchange.  Can't have the scriptures "detracting from her message".  <---Note, that's her message, not God's, and CERTAINLY not Ken's.

I don’t allow others to poop all over my blog and Facebook page since it takes away and distracts from what I am trying to teach.

8 minutes ago, Koala said:

Except for the whole going against God and talking Abraham into sleeping with her maid because she didn't trust the Lord.....look what a pickle that got him in.

Not to mention the whole Abraham telling strangers Sarah was only his sister, so they would take her as their wife rather than kill him to get her. (Twice, he used that tactic.) What a brave protector and provider! Oh that the wives of today would be so submissive!  :pb_rollseyes:

Physician, heal thyself! :pb_rollseyes: Lori knows precisely DICK about having a loving marriage. Her and Ken's marriage wasn't a love match, that's for sure, and they fought for over 20 years before she turned to her passive-aggressive bullshit way of topping from the bottom.

It warms the cockles of my heart when I read about all the fabulous marriages that FJ'ers have, us unsubmissive modern women!

This reply to Lori's post is priceless:

So true Lori, not to mention so much personal family information going out all over the internet

Lori will not likely see the irony.

Good grief...the woman has all the material comforts she could want....a beautiful home, financial security, long vacations...and she is still miserable! She'll never know or understand the smile that comes on your face when your big stupid cat lays next to you and begs for belly rubs or your husband brings you a cup of coffee. Or even being THRILLED to move into a bigger apartment and being able to get off government assistance...and then being able to help someone else. 

She's pathetic.

'Consider the temptation for women to seek their own identities and followings on the Internet. It seems that many women attempt to make a platform for themselves and their own teaching which is quite separate from assisting their husbands in their callings.'  Look in the mirror, Lori. Look in the f'ing mirror! 

Oh my God. Are we sure she's not a Poe? Because she seems more and more like a parody every single day, with the way she constantly posts the exact opposite of what she actually does.

Or, is she just following the lead of the Orange one? Alternative facts, if you say it enough you'll eventually believe it yourself, etc.?

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived