IGNORED

Lori Alexander 38: Still Cooking "Healthy" Meals?

7 hours ago, Florita said:

I believe today's blog post and afternoon doodle are directed at Cassie. She probably has her hands full with a new baby and toddler running around. Grandma Lori thinks she should be hitting them more, and apparently not letting the toddler snack so much.

Lori is supposed to be there helping Cassie and baby Rachel Lyn (sic). She prayed to sweet baby Jesus that she would be strong enough to travel to Texas to help. I think Ryan's poor late mother must have helped with the first baby. I don't think Lori was the first choice for nurturing grandmother. The new baby's name is fine but it's awfully close to the nearly illiterate Frankenstein-ing of the first daughter's name "Rylyn." 

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Lori has moved from peachy teaching to downright mean. I don't even believe she was as harsh as she says she was. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say she was only a hard ass when she had to be, meaning when the kids interrupted her quiet time or when she took it in her head to control food. She's too damn lazy to have done everything that she's preaching. 

I've mentioned before that personally I like a little mischief in children. Not naughtiness but the mischievous silly things kids do that gives them a little spunk. And as far as I'm concerned, the best way to teach self control is to allow kids to explore boundaries through consequence when possible. For example, when my daughter was in first grade I would tell her to put on her coat. She would gripe about it every day. One morning she yelled, I don't want to. So I said fine but you'll be cold and you might get sick. She came home later miserable because she was cold all day and lo and behold she woke up sick the next day. Probably a coincidence but it served a lesson that I couldn't teach. I never had to fight about the coat again. She's a grown woman and still brings it up occasionally. 

I agree with you. I can count on both hands the amount of times ever got in trouble. One time when I was about five my mom was curling my hair for a dance recital in the kitchen, our bathroom didn’t have the room for a chair. She left the kitchen to get hair spray and put the curling iron on top of the fridge. She told me not to touch because it was hot. I knew I had to touch it and find out. When she left the room I climbed in the counter and touched it. It was hot and I burned my finger. Instead of punishing me for not listening she just told me that I should have listened and got me ice.

9 hours ago, fluffy said:

Lori is supposed to be there helping Cassie and baby Rachel Lyn (sic). She prayed to sweet baby Jesus that she would be strong enough to travel to Texas to help.

Wait, so Lori bailed on helping Cassi?  She sure was strong enough to vacation for "several months" this summer.

She seems to do that a lot...

Rehearsal Dinner?

The rehearsal dinner was at my home.  Everyone knew that I was unavailable to do much to help.  When my home was filled with the bridal party, my head was throbbing.  I got a pack of ice and went up into my bedroom to ice my head.  About 15 minutes later, I came down and was able to enjoy the evening!

Just as long as people understood that she couldn't do much to help...

Wedding?

A week before the wedding, I finally put out an SOS to all my family and friends that I needed prayer so I would feel good enough to go to the wedding.

I was thinking I would not be able to go to the wedding.

And now she's having to pray for strength to help out after the baby is born?

Just no.  I am going to chime in once again to say that NOTHING would stop me from helping my kids if they wanted my help.  If I could sit on my computer all day (arguing with complete strangers), I could certainly help my child!

I may be completely misreading this - Lori may be there helping now, but if she's not, I honestly believe it's because:

1) She likes to be served, and she certainly doesn't want to be stuck serving others.

2) She doesn't want to get in a situation where she can't devote 100% of her time to "monitoring" the internet/deleting comments/arguing with anyone who dares to question her.

I also think she gets miffed when the family pays attention to her kids instead of her.  Notice how EVERYONE knew that she was too sick to help with the rehearsal dinner?  Notice that she sent out an "SOS" to the wedding guests to let them know that she didn't think she'd be able to come to the wedding?

I am just not buying it.  Maybe I am wrong, but I think it really gets to her when the focus shifts from Her Godliness, even for a moment.

Today's post...:pb_lol:

Well, first let's all take a moment to remember Tuesday's admonishments:

There are many young “Christian” women bloggers these days who have huge followings. 

Is this what God has called them to do? No...

It is necessary for women to fight the temptation to want to make a name for themselves, even if it is only in cyberspace

Today:

My post that has gone viral numerous times has been shocking to some of my friends and relatives considering some of the other more controversial things I have written. 

There's a handy link included in Lori's post, just in case you didn't know that SHE WENT VIRAL!!!!!

Now naturally, she doesn't want to make a name for herself, she just wants to remind readers, (just in case they've missed the other kazillion posts she's made)  that SHE WENT VIRAL!!!!

Her friends and relatives were really surprised by her VIRAL post!  They thought one of her more controversial posts might go VIRAL instead.  Like the one saying women weren't created in the image of God.  That one didn't go VIRAL, though.  Maybe because Lori deleted it.  If she hadn't deleted it, it might have gone VIRAL too!

I love how she's given herself an out in the housework department:

Don’t make him do housework unless he wants to do it. This is your responsibility and if you are physically able, take it seriously.

Because, as we all know by now, Lori is a martyr to her many ailments. :violin:

27 minutes ago, Loveday said:

I love how she's given herself an out in the housework department:

Because, as we all know by now, Lori is a martyr to her many ailments. :violin:

Is this another out?

If you have a husband who works hard to provide for you, take care of him at home as unto the Lord. 

So, if he is an unemployed bum who isn't looking for work, but hanging on the couch, do we have to take care of him then too? Still suppose to serve him when he does nothing all day?

On a general note, it sure is funny timing she does a post about housework after I mentioned yesterday about how her fanboy Dale Partridge is telling men they need to help with housework. This post is almost a response to that.

Can someobody point me to where Lori says she isn't going to go help Cassie?  Or is this a likely very true assumption?  Also, where is the name posted? 

Regarding the baby's name - Rachel Lyn. I think Cassies's middle name is Lyn and always assumed Rylyn was a "so creative!!" way to combine both parents' names. To give your second child your own middle name also? Well, someone thinks hghly of herself, doesn't she?  I am being extra snarky this morning; sorry.

I guess Ryan's middle name could be Lyn - I've seen it used for boys. In that case, maybe they wanted all the family members to have that name. 

I wanted to see how fast she deletes stuff so I signed up for notifications on this post. It definitely seems to have disappeared overnight. Also what about this commented isn't true? image.thumb.png.84a842bb9c4c6092a9dca74b187418ca.png 

And this K.B is a jerk. Because all those things he listed seems to be expected of a woman, except maybe the providing part but that's okay right? Expecting women to do everything is okay. But expect anything from a guy? Nope he's only supposed to provide and after that he's done. Its called being a loving partner

Spoiler

bud. image.thumb.png.664a937237a0dd2b953d7f9472c375a6.png

@Sarah92 I strongly dislike KB. I think he fancies himself as some sort of god with a holier than thou ego. He appears to have a child but no woman; my guess is she saw the light and cut ties. 

I don’t expect my husband to be perfect, and I don’t expect him to cater to every whim and emotion (I’m not emotional by nature nor do I have fanciful thought tendencies). I’m not romantic by nature and breakfast in bed isn’t something I am interested in. The other stuff? Yes, I expect his help with those. We are in this together and they are joint responsibilities. 

3 hours ago, Koala said:

Wait, so Lori bailed on helping Cassi?  She sure was strong enough to vacation for "several months" this summer.

She seems to do that a lot...

Rehearsal Dinner?

Just as long as people understood that she couldn't do much to help...

Wedding?

And now she's having to pray for strength to help out after the baby is born?

Just no.  I am going to chime in once again to say that NOTHING would stop me from helping my kids if they wanted my help.  If I could sit on my computer all day (arguing with complete strangers), I could certainly help my child!

I may be completely misreading this - Lori may be there helping now, but if she's not, I honestly believe it's because:

1) She likes to be served, and she certainly doesn't want to be stuck serving others.

2) She doesn't want to get in a situation where she can't devote 100% of her time to "monitoring" the internet/deleting comments/arguing with anyone who dares to question her.

I also think she gets miffed when the family pays attention to her kids instead of her.  Notice how EVERYONE knew that she was too sick to help with the rehearsal dinner?  Notice that she sent out an "SOS" to the wedding guests to let them know that she didn't think she'd be able to come to the wedding?

I am just not buying it.  Maybe I am wrong, but I think it really gets to her when the focus shifts from Her Godliness, even for a moment.

I can't imagine drawing attention to myself on the eve of MY CHILD'S wedding by emailing the guest list asking for prayers. That is focusing everyone's attention on me, and stealing my kid's day away from her. Everyone at the wedding is going to be like, "Oh, Lori, are you OK?" instead of making a fuss over the bride and groom. 

Plus, before the wedding, when the young folks should be excited and busy, they are rushing out to TJs for more frozen peas or asking their mom how she is doing.

12 hours ago, fluffy said:

Lori is supposed to be there helping Cassie and baby Rachel Lyn (sic). She prayed to sweet baby Jesus that she would be strong enough to travel to Texas to help. I think Ryan's poor late mother must have helped with the first baby. I don't think Lori was the first choice for nurturing grandmother. The new baby's name is fine but it's awfully close to the nearly illiterate Frankenstein-ing of the first daughter's name "Rylyn." 

Ryan's mother passed away? Was she the Susie Boyer who occasionally posted on Lori's FB? That's terrible.

As for "Rylyn", I have no words. Everyone is going to be asking Rylyn how to spell her name. "How do you spell that?" is something Rylyn is going to hear a lot. Or else people will just spell it "Rilin" and the poor kid will have to correct them. "No, it's R--Y--"

I hate when people forget that babies have a future life in which they have to function in society as adults.

Not to mention the confusion within the family. Cassi is married to Ryan, has a brother Ryan, has daughters Rylyn and Rachel Lyn.  and it's possible that if Cassi has a son he'd be Ryan Jr.

These people need to think about some different names.

Adding -- I used to work with a woman who gave all 3 of her sons the same middle name (it was an odd name).  It was a tradition in her husband's family.  Her husband and his brother had the same middle name as did the grandfather and his brothers. The woman didn't like it, but was completely overruled by her husband and MIL.

A Christian egalitarian MAN FB friend of mine is dressing Lori down on his personal FB page today. He somehow saw her post about breaking your children's will. 

19 minutes ago, EowynW said:

A Christian egalitarian MAN FB friend of mine is dressing Lori down on his personal FB page today. He somehow saw her post about breaking your children's will. 

Haha, maybe he’ll go VIRAL.

46 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Not to mention the confusion within the family. Cassi is married to Ryan, has a brother Ryan, has daughters Rylyn and Rachel Lyn.  and it's possible that if Cassi has a son he'd be Ryan Jr.

These people need to think about some different names.

Adding -- I used to work with a woman who gave all 3 of her sons the same middle name (it was an odd name).  It was a tradition in her husband's family.  Her husband and his brother had the same middle name as did the grandfather and his brothers. The woman didn't like it, but was completely overruled by her husband and MIL.

Also, I believe Ryan (Lori's oldest son) has a son named Ryan Kenneth (they call him Kennie), and Alyssa is named after Lori's sister named Alissa.

I notice no one is naming their kids Lori or any variation thereof.

4 hours ago, Koala said:

may be completely misreading this - Lori may be there helping now,

I think she is because she's posting much less than her norm. I'm sure she's a P.I.T.A. to have there though. I thought it was telling that she's never been the grandmother to go help. She needed lots of prayers for her health and strength in the weeks leading up to Cassi's birth of the baby. She did not go the last time Cassie gave birth as fas as I can tell, and Emily's mother helped Emily before her sister came to visit and help for the entire summer. Lori might encourage a lot of  what she deems godly behavior, but she doesn't work that hard at any of it. She makes her weird morning drinks (you know she can't just drink tea or coffee like a non-nut), eats her salads, and holds court behind her apple computer. She is such a drain on everything, giving nothing. 

18 minutes ago, fluffy said:

She makes her weird morning drinks

Beet kvass with a squirt of lemon? Let me guess. . . she says it is so delicious?!

Some people need to eat "special food" to make themselves feel special. If she just had coffee, jam and toast. .. well, she'd just be another human, and would have no special secret to eternal life.

(Of course I am not referring to those who need to eat specific foods for health reasons)

Interesting, were you saying Lori's "health issues" increased during the last few weeks of Cassi's pregnancy? Because I think there is a pattern there.

Ryan's mother passed away? Was she the Susie Boyer who occasionally posted on Lori's FB? That's terrible.
As for "Rylyn", I have no words. Everyone is going to be asking Rylyn how to spell her name. "How do you spell that?" is something Rylyn is going to hear a lot. Or else people will just spell it "Rilin" and the poor kid will have to correct them. "No, it's R--Y--"
I hate when people forget that babies have a future life in which they have to function in society as adults.

That one is no big deal. Names I’ve seen in classrooms:

Jamilton pronounced Hamilton

Dillynraenlynne. Go ahead and guess what that’s supposed to be

Se’Ven pronounced seven.

PE’eer. Pronounced Pierre.

Plus I’ve had kids named Echo, Burgundy and Oktober.

I’d have no problem with Rylyn at this point. In fact I’ve met a couple spelled differently though.

15 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

That one is no big deal. Names I’ve seen in classrooms:

Jamilton pronounced Hamilton

Dillynraenlynne. Go ahead and guess what that’s supposed to be

Se’Ven pronounced seven.

PE’eer. Pronounced Pierre.

Plus I’ve had kids named Echo, Burgundy and Oktober.

I’d have no problem with Rylyn at this point. In fact I’ve met a couple spelled differently though.

I also don't have a problem with the name. My cousin's stepdaughter has hers spelled Ryelynn.

I had a random thought today.

Can you imagine what a drag Lori will be to the other residents and staff in a nursing home?

She will be the crabby feisty one (at best) and they’ll just have to laugh the bitchy comments off. 

I can’t see any of her kids letting her set up room & board so I think she will be in assisted living in 15 years.

I realized her post today is incredibly misleading. The title being "destroying a marriage over housework" yet the scarry mommy article she links to says nothing about destroying a marriage or a marriage ending because of him not doing the housework. Rather, it is a woman saying she had to put her foot down to save her marriage. She was proactive and spoke up for herself. And the woman isn't talking about your ordinary guy who won't do housework, it sounded like her husband was a complete slob.  When you don't clean up after yourself that is not the same as not helping with housework.  Are we really to expect that men will just make a sandwich and leave everything on the counter? I guess though that is the first big failure. Had she made the sandwich like a good godly lady, there wouldn't have been stuff left out in the first place.  

Maybe women should start leaving bloody tampons on the bathroom floor. 

I doubt any of the fangirls bothered to click over and read the article. Since they trust Lori so much, they will just take her word for anything. 

KB Davies:

"Even if a man does not provide or is lazy, it is not down to the wife to nag him into submission or force him to do housework. He is not a child."

Um, If you don't provide and/or are lazy, you are a child. There is nothing more to it. Seriously?!! You are not an adult if you are a lazy ass on the couch all day. 

Lori has two posts in one day about not letting kids get away with anything ... discipline ... train em up ... and break their little hearts,  er spirits.   So here is what one of her minions said:

"I so appreciated this post. It is the way we brought our two up and my husband and I were just talking the other night about what productive, hard-working citizens in their communities our children have become.
A young couple we know have allowed their two young children to rule their home and it is so sad to see. One child is three years old and started at age two of having Dunkin’ Doughnuts and he got them anytime he wanted just because the mom didn’t want to deal with the crying if he didn’t get his way. Now at the age of three, the child refuses doughnuts…they HAVE to be Dunkin’ Doughnuts. It saddens my heart to think of what will happen to that child as an adults."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, because getting Dunkin Doughnuts resulted in him not wanting them anymore.  He is now demanding Dunkin Doughnuts (am I missing something here ... aren't they one and the same) ... so the kid loves dunkin doughnuts.  Brush his teeth more. 

I mean, lady, of all the things that can go wrong, having an 'addiction to dunkin  donuts"  is small potatoes.  It really is.   And your heart is saddened by that?

WTF!  Is it me?  I can think of so many real things that could go wrong and she is thinking eating dunkin donuts is going to make them become awful adults?   

OMG. ... please tell me it's not me.  These people sound nutty as a fruitcake!   (oops food on my brain).

51 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

I had a random thought today.

Can you imagine what a drag Lori will be to the other residents and staff in a nursing home?

Sweet baby Cthulhu, that's a nightmare in the making!  

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived