IGNORED

Lori Alexander 38: Still Cooking "Healthy" Meals?

3 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

Sweet baby Cthulhu, that's a nightmare in the making!  

I am hoping that the residents of whatever nursing home she is in are the type of people that won't stand to listen to her crap. I'd actually like to see an elderly "shout-down" with a bunch of senior citizens telling Lori where she can stick her hateful ideas, while Ken lies in the fetal position in the farthest corner sucking his thumb and Lori keeps trying to explain to them about "going viral". 

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lori taking to her bed before important events (that aren't 100% about her) is CLASSIC narcissism. The thought that someone else will get the spotlight is too much for the narcissist to deal with, and fabricates health issues (or some other events) to take the spotlight.

10 minutes ago, LimeKitty said:

I am hoping that the residents of whatever nursing home she is in are the type of people that won't stand to listen to her crap. I'd actually like to see an elderly "shout-down" with a bunch of senior citizens telling Lori where she can stick her hateful ideas, while Ken lies in the fetal position in the farthest corner sucking his thumb and Lori keeps trying to explain to them about "going viral". 

I hope you have the gift of foretelling the future, that would be priceless.  

Well, this comment, on the Do Your Children Rule Your Home post, is going to disappear toot sweet...

This is anti-biblical. 

It is not our job to break our children in any way. It is our job to show them the unconditional, never stopping, never giving up, unfailing, always and forever love of God. 

This is child abuse. Plain and simple. 

I weep for the children who grow up in homes like this. I’ve seen many, and it’s tragic. 

I’m furious that this is being taught with any connection to Christianity. This is not how God Fathers us. How dare we parent the children he has entrusted to us like this. Absolutely horrible.

It's from a man, by the way. And ooh, he's from my area! Yay, fellow southeastern Virginian! :happy-cheerleadersmileygirl:

And I just have to add this comment which came right after the above, and which will also disappear in the flashest of flashes:

And watch as your children begin to hate you little more day by day... 

Also. Snacking throughout the day is actually a more healthy approach than the three a day guideline. Three meals a day leads to binging and overeating.

If no one asked for your opinion, its usually because they dont want it. As for me and my home, we will be enjoying our Doritos while we watch some quality programming together.

:pb_lol:

The comments might disappear but he shared it and made an example of it! Of course Madame Lori will just chalk it up to righteous persecution. 

Got it.

seanthomas.thumb.PNG.4a8a63528468e93d982a7e5ef1b56be3.PNG

On today's post Ken says:

I   

am married to a wife who like you has had spinal stenosis and horrible neck and whole body pain from it. It does seem that women tend to get more of the autoimmune diseases and other physical ailments than men do, actually 4-1, and this puts an extra burden on them and their family. The real key again is not who does the most, or who out-serves the other, but rather that both spouses know that their service is for Jesus. 

The ONLY reason why I think it important for a wife to look at the whole of life, and what contributions each spouse may make to the life of marriage and family, is for the wife who falsely thinks she is out serving her husband because she may pick up after him or do more dishes. The wife who wants equality of work in the home needs to then produce equality of work outside the home, AND keep in mind that in many cases, a husband's work often lasts more hours and more years. 

But, there are exceptions to every rule, and it would not surprise me to discover that 20% of women do indeed out serve and outwork their husbands. That may have more to do with who they chose to marry, or he gets sick or injured, or she is just a bundle of energy and can outwork any man. 

In God's economy, the husband should be contributing more to the family by way of work service, and the wife contributing by way of love and giving him many precious bundles of joy that she raises for him and the Lord. Throw in the extra value of babies and love into the equation and a wife's value soars greatly! Something a husband cannot give.

A wife's value soars greatly if she produces babies! They have the one daughter who can't get pregnant, right?

2 hours ago, keen23 said:

Lori taking to her bed before important events (that aren't 100% about her) is CLASSIC narcissism. The thought that someone else will get the spotlight is too much for the narcissist to deal with, and fabricates health issues (or some other events) to take the spotlight.

I agree. This is from Lori's old blog. She was too ill to visit a dying friend.

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2015/11/what-if-we-could-have-one-glimpse-of.html

She died a few days ago after a short battle with pancreatic cancer. We all prayed and begged the Lord for healing yet He chose to take her home.... I grieved the last few weeks of her life because I was too ill to go over and hug Cindy and tell her I loved her when her family had a party for her last month. 

If "too ill" meant a viral thing, then I get it. But there is no excuse for not visiting once she felt better.

Isn’t there a Biblical verse advising parents not to discourage their children, “lest they lose heart”?

"The bundles of joy that SHE raises for him"?

Oh, that's right, he's too busy "providing" for them...:pb_rollseyes:

Does Ken even know how to use Google? It’s been established for a long time now that women put in significantly more work hours than men. And guess what, women’s work lasts longer than men’s because even after retirement, somebody has to do the dishes and vacuum—no prizes if you can guess who usually does that. But don’t take my word for it, let’s ask the World Economic Forum what they think...

D017B94A-B961-4AC2-9644-0DFF8B41BC67.png

5 hours ago, lilwriter85 said:

I also don't have a problem with the name. My cousin's stepdaughter has hers spelled Ryelynn.

I think the important thing is whether Ryelynn has a problem with her name, either as a child or adult.

I've noticed that most of the "Ryelynns" I've know have given their own kids names like Jimmy and Betsy.

Has Ken never heard the old rhyme:

"A man's work is from sun to sun
But a woman's work is never done"

Well ....... except for Lori as she has/had a housekeeper and Ken did his own ironing and cooked for himself -- and the kids too after they ate their "big salads."

Lori also had a nanny who was doing all that raising of the children "for him and for the Lord."

Lori visit a dying friend and take the focus off her being so so sick?  BWAHHAAAAA!!!!!   

4 hours ago, LimeKitty said:

I hope this happens so much. I literally laughed out loud for awhile after reading this.

Thanks for giving me a laugh today.

37 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Has Ken never heard the old rhyme:

"A man's work is from sun to sun
But a woman's work is never done"

Well ....... except for Lori as she has/had a housekeeper and Ken did his own ironing and cooked for himself -- and the kids too after they ate their "big salads."

Lori also had a nanny who was doing all that raising of the children "for him and for the Lord."

Lori visit a dying friend and take the focus off her being so so sick?  BWAHHAAAAA!!!!!   

This is classic Lori/Ken thinking. Ken has an experience with Lori during their marriage. For example, Lori had a housekeeper and a nanny. Lori did not work outside the home. Lori did not work very hard inside the home. Now Ken and Lori, with their utter inability to consider that things might be different in different people's lives, project their conclusion drawn from their marriage to the rest of the world. If Lori didn't work hard, that must mean that women everywhere don't work hard. Repeat ad nauseam and cry "EXCEPTION!" whenever a different experience is shared.

So I did a quick google search about how many verses in the Bible say women are to be keepers at home, and could only find one (anyone with more Bible knowledge please chime in). Why is that not considered an exception or something specific to the time? I then tried to search verses that say man is to provide but received a number of responses about his overall role but not specifically as provider. 

I’m going to guess this is targeted to DIL Erin. She’s posted some instastories and IG posts and it looks like she’s been busy with her jewelry business. Hopefully it’s not directed at Cassi who is recovering from childbirth and caring for a newborn. I would bet that the breastfeeding post was directed at her though. 

And Ken, you are a horse’s ass. Please site sources that support your claim that men work harder/longer. 

Who seems like they’re the golden child?

Alyssa is the “scapegoat” and most of the vicious posts are aimed at her. She’s jealous of Alyssa’s beauty, independence, the bond she has with her dad, and that’s Alyssa has her own mind. I also think they hate her husband. He used to work for Ken...

Lori seems to heap praise upon praise for Erin. Lori also “talks up” the son married to her. I think it’s because this son (forgot name) works with Ken, but is apparently in law school now?

I don’t think she likes Emily and I think she’s made digs at her in the past. The orthodontist son (Steven?) she loves to brag about but I think she despises Emily.

I haven’t seen her say much about Cassi besides her babies and praising them for being frugal.

I wish Alyssa and Emily would go “no contact” with Lori and tell her to f**k off.

6 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

I had a random thought today.

Can you imagine what a drag Lori will be to the other residents and staff in a nursing home?

She will be the crabby feisty one (at best) and they’ll just have to laugh the bitchy comments off. 

I can’t see any of her kids letting her set up room & board so I think she will be in assisted living in 15 years.

As someone who worked in long term care for several years, I've seen, and cared for, people similar to Lori.  

As for the residents?  I'll quote some of the things they said about those type of people:

"She doesn't bother me.  I turn my hearing aids off so I don't have to listen to that shit."

"Eventually people like that will die and you don't have to put up with them.  And if I go first, I won't hear her anyway."

"They'd be okay if....well, never mind."

"I hope you glue your teeth together and do us all a favor."

Ladies and gentlemen, our elders ROCK.

6 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

I had a random thought today.

Can you imagine what a drag Lori will be to the other residents and staff in a nursing home?

She will be the crabby feisty one (at best) and they’ll just have to laugh the bitchy comments off. 

I can’t see any of her kids letting her set up room & board so I think she will be in assisted living in 15 years.

5 hours ago, LimeKitty said:

I can imagine her verbally abusing staff members especially if she ends up a facility that has a mostly female staff or lets say there are gay men, and non-Christian men on staff too. Some of the male employees will probably have wives who work to add to their household incomes. I think Lori probably has a lot hatred towards men who are supportive of their working wives.

I can't see Lori making friends with many other residents. She'll be around elderly women who were working moms and if some of those women are lucid they aren't going to put up with Lori's anti-working women attitude.

21 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Who seems like they’re the golden child?

Alyssa is the “scapegoat” and most of the vicious posts are aimed at her. She’s jealous of Alyssa’s beauty, independence, the bond she has with her dad, and that’s Alyssa has her own mind. I also think they hate her husband. He used to work for Ken...

Lori seems to heap praise upon praise for Erin. Lori also “talks up” the son married to her. I think it’s because this son (forgot name) works with Ken, but is apparently in law school now?

I don’t think she likes Emily and I think she’s made digs at her in the past. The orthodontist son (Steven?) she loves to brag about but I think she despises Emily.

I haven’t seen her say much about Cassi besides her babies and praising them for being frugal.

I wish Alyssa and Emily would go “no contact” with Lori and tell her to f**k off.

Ryan is the one who is in law school. I think Lori only likes Emily to a certain extent. I recall Emily made some anti-gay remark on Facebook or Instagram. So I'm guessing she shares a lot of the same beliefs as Lori. But, she might not be as extreme as Lori.

Lori praises her sons quite a bit. But, I think she has drama with the DILs. It's been said that Ryan's wife Erin has a jewelry business and travels for it. Lori babysits the kids and she may have some resentment towards Erin.

I don't see any of Lori's kids cutting off complete contact. I suspect Lori and Ken threaten to cut the kids off of inheritances and resources if the kids cut off contact. The orthodontist son Steven might feel that he owes Ken because Ken helped buy ownership in that orthodontic practice that he works at.

1 hour ago, ViolaSebastian said:

This is classic Lori/Ken thinking. Ken has an experience with Lori during their marriage. For example, Lori had a housekeeper and a nanny. Lori did not work outside the home. Lori did not work very hard inside the home. Now Ken and Lori, with their utter inability to consider that things might be different in different people's lives, project their conclusion drawn from their marriage to the rest of the world. If Lori didn't work hard, that must mean that women everywhere don't work hard. Repeat ad nauseam and cry "EXCEPTION!" whenever a different experience is shared.

I agree, Lori didn't work hard inside the home. Some of the fundies we discuss here are hard workers inside their homes because they don't have nannies or housekeepers. Now some fundies do give their older daughters more duties, but I do think people like Kelly Bates or Zsu Anderson are hard workers compared to Lori. Yeah, Zsu has or had a nanny. But, Zsu puts more effort into homeschooling that what Lori did. Didn't Zsu make her own butter? I doubt Lori would even try that.

Lori has never worked extremely hard in her life. I bet she was quite lazy during the few years she worked as a teacher.

1 minute ago, luv2laugh said:

Do we know for sure the orthodontist son owns part of the practice???

IIRC, an FJer found some business profile or records that showed Ken or Steven as partners in the business. Steven is listed as "president" of the practice on BBB business profile.

Even when Lori "home schooled," it was the laziest possible way--just throw some worksheets at them and tell them to go to their rooms and read. I know that Lori has a lot of medical problems, but I can't help wonder if something else is going on there. A lot of people face significant health challenges and are far more productive than she's probably ever been. So many of her complaints are vague and seem somatic. I don't doubt she's really suffered, but as others have pointed out, she gets symptoms selectively and when it'll create drama and give her the most attention. And she always seems up for some comment deleting and rarely misses a day on her stupid doodles or blog. If this were the 19th century, I'd 100% say neuroasthenia.

http://www.lastwordonnothing.com/2016/03/21/outmoded-diseases-neurasthenia/

2 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Even when Lori "home schooled," it was the laziest possible way--just throw some worksheets at them and tell them to go to their rooms and read. I know that Lori has a lot of medical problems, but I can't help wonder if something else is going on there. A lot of people face significant health challenges and are far more productive than she's probably ever been. So many of her complaints are vague and seem somatic. I don't doubt she's really suffered, but as others have pointed out, she gets symptoms selectively and when it'll create drama and give her the most attention. And she always seems up for some comment deleting and rarely misses a day on her stupid doodles or blog. If this were the 19th century, I'd 100% say neuroasthenia.

http://www.caareviews.org/reviews/745#.Wn0RnOjwZPY

I sometimes wonder if she exaggerated her health issues to justify having a nanny/housekeeper. Some of her stories about her SAHM years change. She claimed she was quite ill and spent time in bed, but in one blog post she claimed that she took her sons to the beach almost daily so they could surf. I also recall her talking about going around with Ken when the boys played Little league and other sports.

You really have to look at the time period of the Bible. It wasn’t safe for women to go out and get jobs. Heck it wasn’t safe for them to live on their own. Women were treated as property. Oh you want to marry my daughter? That will be seven years of labor, two sheeps and three goats.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived