IGNORED

Lori Alexander 38: Still Cooking "Healthy" Meals?

Maybe Sarah was just being nice to Abraham after God told him to get circumcised at age 90.  

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I finally went and tracked down Alyssa's Instagram, and dang. Given how passive aggressive Lori is I'm starting to understand how a lot of her posts could be/are definitely digs at her daughter. (Who is stunningly beautiful and graceful, everything our beloved Lori is not. Why does it seem like ballet and leggings and strong athletic women could cost a certain blogger her nerves...?) 

Alyssa's post about how people relate to humanity and not perfection was so well expressed. Her post on how the pressures of having a perfect body originated in her childhood makes my eyebrows raise in Lori's direction. Her post on how she "believed the lie for many years that it's my fault we haven't been able to get pregnant" makes me want to send a fist in Lori's direction. I hope Alyssa continues to heal and separate herself from Lori and her "teachings". If she wants to stop by FJ and share that journey with us I wouldn't complain about that either :P

5 hours ago, TeddyBonkers said:

It warms the cockles of my heart when I read about all the fabulous marriages that FJ'ers have, us unsubmissive modern women!

agreed....and despite my best intentions, I did some looking around and saw that her daughter Alyssa (who is beautiful BTW)  is a leggings wearing, cleavage showing, education-obtaining, working woman.  What's with that? Is the other daughter, and daughters-in-law, the same? 

As Lori preaches the evils of all of these things -- seems her own offspring reject her crazy teachings.  You can love God and wear leggings.  Just saying. 

1 hour ago, SongRed7 said:

agreed....and despite my best intentions, I did some looking around and saw that her daughter Alyssa (who is beautiful BTW)  is a leggings wearing, cleavage showing, education-obtaining, working woman.  What's with that? Is the other daughter, and daughters-in-law, the same? 

As Lori preaches the evils of all of these things -- seems her own offspring reject her crazy teachings.  You can love God and wear leggings.  Just saying. 

Well, her daughter-in-law, Emily seems to enjoy showing lots of cleavage.  Eh....her business and all that, but her clothing choices are anything but modest (by Lori's standards).  The others, just from pictures Lori has posted, wear a lot of plunging necklines and spaghetti straps. 

Remember, though, Ken has labeled these styles "Christian Risqué" so it's all good.  

Also, all the daughters/daughters-in-law dress less modestly than the girls that Lori slut shamed in that homecoming photo from her son's high school days. Those dresses coverd more than many of the things the Christian Risqué Alexander women wear. 

1 hour ago, EmiGirl said:

Just an armchair observation, I'd say that Alyssa is the scapegoat child.

I think so too. If I remember correctly, Alyssa is the oldest and presumably went to daycare when Lori returned to teaching before getting pregnant with the next child (Ryan or Steven). I think Lori is jealous of Alyssa but instead projects that out on Alyssa. Among other things. 

"We all know what it's like to be slandered and gossiped about..."

Uhh, Lori?  Are you dedicating this to all of the women/neighbors/"friends"/fellow church members/etc. that YOU gossip about on your blog?

Do you know how I know that your neighbor has/had a messy house?  YOU.

Do you know how I know that your pastor's wife wore a bikini?  YOU.

Do you know how I know that someone borrowed your car and didn't return it in the condition you would have liked?  YOU.

Do you know how I know that your "friend's" daughter sells thong bathing suits for a living?  YOU.

Do you know how I know that you disagree with pretty much every church you go to?  YOU.

Do you know how I've seen pictures of people's houses that you didn't think were up to par?  YOUYOU looked in their windows, YOU posted the pictures to your VERY public Instagram, and YOU shamed them without having a clue how they got where they were!

YOU gossip (endlessly and relentlessly) about everyone you disagree with.  

YOU gossip about other women in the ministry (or in your case, "ministry").  

YOU try to make people feel less than so you can feel better, not because "you aren't afraid to speak the truth" (and I use the word "truth" loosely).

On 2/4/2018 at 9:05 PM, EmiGirl said:

It could be because the kids are Episcopalian.  I know the Catholic churches will let Episcopalian priests transfer to Catholic even if they're married.

I have heard about that. On a similar note, I read the book Priestdaddy by Patricia Lockwood. Patricia's father was a Lutheran minister when he decided to convert to Catholicism. He received dispensation and became a married Catholic priest. It's terrific book about how Patricia who is liberal clashes with her conservative priest father.

I've been gone from FJ due to a death in the family. So I've been getting caught up on the latest Lori crap. I feel sorry for her new grandchild more because it seems Cassi is a lot like Lori.

4 hours ago, EmiGirl said:

Just an armchair observation, I'd say that Alyssa is the scapegoat child.

I have thought that for awhile too. I feel sorry for her because she's been treated like crap for years by her parents and it's not going to end. I wonder if Alyssa and her husband would move far away from Lori and Ken if given the chance.

I might have missed it. But, are there any updates on Lori's plan to move out of California?

@lilwriter85, my condolences. :(

No, there's been not another word about moving out of California. 

Someone finally  commented on today's FB doodle. Lori ain't gonna like it; it's not a glowing recommendation for wifely submission or reverence:

Abigail did not obey nor reverence nor submit to her husband. She went behind his back. She also bad-mouthed Nabal to David. She was so intelligent and so wise. Her actions prevented much bloodshed. Abigail did far more than provide ample food and drink, she spoke truths to David. She prophesied. She was very brave. Not easy, what she did. Brave, as well, considering Nabal was surely a wife abuser who would make her pay dearly for what she'd done. She saved her foolish husband's life that day, saved the lives of many. It all worked out perfectly. Well... maybe not so much for Nabal... heart attack and all when Abigail told him what she'd done. Abigail disobeyed her husband, God protected her from him, He gave her a new future. Abigail was a wonderful woman of God.

:clap:

1 minute ago, Loveday said:

@lilwriter85, my condolences. :(

No, there's been not another word about moving out of California. 

Someone finally  commented on today's FB doodle. Lori ain't gonna like it; it's not a glowing recommendation for wifely submission or reverence:

:clap:

Thank you Loveday for the condolences. 

@Frog99 She wrote her a letter about it.  I kid you not.

I think the original comments about writing her pastor's wife a letter got cleaned up in the Great Blog Scrub of 2014, but here are a couple of comments referencing it:

Lori:

I have confronted several who wear skimpy bikinis, one was even a pastor's wife, to no avail. My rebuke fell on deaf ears. They believe they should be able to wear whatever they want and no one should tell them what to do. It's is the men's fault who lust, they say.

One of our reader's posted this bit:

Lori has a post in her sooper secret chatroom saying that a few years ago, she sent the wife of her church pastor a letter, telling her she was dressing too immodestly, and even wearing tiny bikinis to the beach, because you know, the men would be drooling or whatever. Apparently, the pastors wife told her that the men were responsible for themselves, and not her problem. (Yay, pastors wife!!)

I remember the original account of this story, from the Always Learning days...crazy stuff.  

It seems like they have problems everywhere they go.  Lori wants a pastor who teaches nothing other than Titus 2, and a church family who falls directly under her authority.

Lori and Ken seem to have issues with any leadership other than their own, and they stir a good bit of strife among the church body.

An elder called Ken and told him that I wasn’t supposed to talk to women on their property about this subject.

(She's referring to submission).

We have mentored a couple who decided they didn't want to meet with us after the first time. I have met with women who have decided the same thing. They don't like being corrected or told they are doing anything wrong. I seriously doubt they will ever have a great marriage.

So yeah...lots of division, church hopping, and now that I think about it, lots of GOSSIPING.  What kind of "mentor" reveals such things online?

1 hour ago, lilwriter85 said:

I have heard about that. On a similar note, I read the book Priestdaddy by Patricia Lockwood. Patricia's father was a Lutheran minister when he decided to convert to Catholicism. He received dispensation and became a married Catholic priest. It's terrific book about how Patricia who is liberal clashes with her conservative priest father.

I've been gone from FJ due to a death in the family. So I've been getting caught up on the latest Lori crap. I feel sorry for her new grandchild more because it seems Cassi is a lot like Lori.

I have thought that for awhile too. I feel sorry for her because she's been treated like crap for years by her parents and it's not going to end. I wonder if Alyssa and her husband would move far away from Lori and Ken if given the chance.

I might have missed it. But, are there any updates on Lori's plan to move out of California?

I actually think she’s Ken’s favourite (probably another reason Lori is so passive aggressive to her). He seems really proud of her dancing (and didn’t like it when I pointed out it was immodest by Lori’s standards) and her beauty. And he just recently holidayed with just her and her husband.

Im sorry for your loss.

I do think a lot of the posts are directed towards Alyssa. They seem to line up in some aspects. So add potentially emotionally abusive towards her children to that list. 

And really with the not making a name for yourself post? You paid for views, you've invested time and energy into the blog, you block people so you can maintain an illusion of acceptance. I'm not buying it. If anything Ken needs to have the blog and you be a guest writer. 

And I think her posts are so repetitive because she's really only supposed to teach the things listed in Titus 2:5. A woman should never teach anything outside of that. 

I think it really kills her to have a book on Amazon with such poor reviews. Remember, she wants attention--attention from media, and from Christian churches and groups who might ask her to talk. What can she point to as her cred? A failing book with negative review after negative review, along with some pretty damning pictures of her in immodest outfits, outfits that will surely cause men to stumble if they catch sight of her granny butt.

Despite myself, I feel sorta sorry for her because I think this book was  a big deal in her life. Her daughter did the flowery cover. It cost money to print. It was her first book, I'm sure it took time and effort to put together (even though the writing was from the blog). I don't think she was expecting such a negative backlash. And now she cannot point influential Christians towards the book, without giving them a long explanation (persecution! feminists!) about the negative reviews.

The problem is, Lori wants three things simultaneously:

a. to hold very negative, ugly, critical beliefs that she believes women should follow

b. to ignore those beliefs when it is convenient for her

c. get a lot of attention

These things are bound to clash and that is why her book is a failure. At least Debi Pearl (so sick I am defending this lady) . . . at least Debi Pearl actually dresses modestly, did not have a nanny, does not take 10 week vacations and most likely does not spend $15 on a pound of pasture raised butter. Debi is also not constantly thrusting herself in the public eye, trying to get attention for being something she really is not. I can't stand that child abuser/abuse apologist, but at least she is less of a hypocrite than Lori.

2 hours ago, lilith said:

I actually think she’s Ken’s favourite (probably another reason Lori is so passive aggressive to her).

Yo ure probably right about that. She seems to be his favorite way past the creepy point. 

2 hours ago, Koala said:

An elder called Ken and told him that I wasn’t supposed to talk to women on their property about this subject.

(^ Koala, quoting Lori)

What’s that pejorative bible verse about the woman that goes from house to house...?

Lori is jealous that her daughter Alyssa is FAR beautiful than her and that Alyssa is Ken’s favorite.

Classic narc.

Lori is a textbook narcissist and a female Trump.

3 hours ago, refugee said:

(^ Koala, quoting Lori)

What’s that pejorative bible verse about the woman that goes from house to house...?

It’s 1 Timothy 5:13, which, in the King James Version, reads:

And withal they learn to be idle, wandering about from house to house; and not only idle, but tattlers also and busybodies, speaking things which they ought not.

@Koala thank you for adding in some backstory. I can picture her doing those same things she talks about. I feel sorry for the pastors and parishioners at those churches- that must have been very difficult to manage. 

Shes so hyper-focused on Titus 2:4-5, it’s like she’s screaming “you’re supposed to listen to me. I'm older and godly”. Except she’s not godly. 

There is nothing about her marriage or relationship that I hope to emulate, and certainly nothing about her relationship with her children that is a model for me. Im not submissive nor a keeper at home, yet DH and I have been married for 18 years, and we have a strong marriage. We have an 8 year old and a 10 year old who are kind, empathetic, and who believe in God, despite their public school attendance. And I can’t think of a time when we were ever in conflict about a decision that we couldn’t arrive at one together. Yes, there is give and take but that’s in anything. My conservative Christian parents raised all three of us girls with the expectation that we go to college, that we know how to take care of ourselves, and that we have the necessities to do so. I’m so grateful for that upbringing. My parents celebrated their 50th last year and I don’t remember submission or needing to have one decision maker. Same with both sets of grandparents. The life Lori promotes is lazy and bland. 

I also agree with PP about Ken and Alyssa. His affection might be borderline creepy but I also wonder if it’s an attempt to make up for Loris vileness towards her daughter or a way (not necessarily effective) to shield her or serve as a buffer. 

7 hours ago, Hisey said:

At least Debi Pearl (so sick I am defending this lady) . . . at least Debi Pearl actually dresses modestly, did not have a nanny, does not take 10 week vacations and most likely does not spend $15 on a pound of pasture raised butter. Debi is also not constantly thrusting herself in the public eye, trying to get attention for being something she really is not. I can't stand that child abuser/abuse apologist, but at least she is less of a hypocrite than Lori.

It's sad when Debi Pearl wins the better person competition!  Child abusing, anti-woman, marital slavery advocate Debi Pearl!  

1 hour ago, Frog99 said:

There is nothing about her marriage or relationship that I hope to emulate, and certainly nothing about her relationship with her children that is a model for me. 

A thousand yeses to this! Lori’s marriage is so hard, from her own descriptions. It sounds like it has been hard at the beginning and hard at every stage. Maybe because they were (and are) incompatible. Maybe because Lori really should not have married anyone. She should not have inflicted her misery on anyone. She is incapable of giving control to anyone, even for little things.

My marriage is not perfect; we’ve been through a few rough spots, brought in by tough financial times mostly. But we have always been nice to each other. We’ve come out of the rough times with more commitment, wisdom & love. Lori doesn’t seem to have grown or changed, no matter what she says.

A wise woman once told me every marriage can have rough spots at times but when the rough times never end, it is  just a bad marriage and you need to get out. It eats you up inside.

how she treats children makes me so ragey that I can’t even put it into words.

Today's post is basically all about how all other parents suck except her. 

Our job as parents is to break our children’s stubborn, rebellious, and sinful will and replace it with a will that first wants to please and obey their parents and when they grow older with a will that wants to please and obey the Lord.

Our job is to break their will! 

Then don't you dare feed them if they have a hunger pain. Just give them fruit. IF all you are having is salads for meals, you need more than just that. No wonder they got hunger pains. 

People considered us strict parents. Our children did not rule our home. We did. They weren’t allowed to do whatever they wanted. They ate what I gave them: nourishing food. If they were “hungry” as children are continually saying, they could only have something simple like a piece of fruit or nothing at all until meal time. Allowing them to eat whenever they want isn’t teaching them any self-control.

If you don’t teach them self-control, they will struggle with it when they grow up and will want to eat every single time they feel a hunger pain. It is not good to snack all the time since it’s a difficult habit to break when they get older. Many children are obese today because of this. Mothers are the ones who should keep an eye on this and feed their children healthy and develop taste buds for this; another good reason for mothers to be keepers at home. If they are taught to grab for something nutritious when they are hungry, it will be beneficial for them when they grow up. Mothers should be the ones who train their children’s taste buds, not the children.

Then the reason why kids don't work hard is of course because moms weren't home. 

Too many children have been not taught to be hard workers, probably because their mothers were not home full time with them to teach them.

From today’s post:

Our job as parents is to break our children’s stubborn, rebellious, and sinful will and replace it with a will that first wants to please and obey their parents and when they grow older with a will that wants to please and obey the Lord.

And this right here is what I object to about religion. I could not disagree more that this is our job as parents. I’m going to have to leave here for a bit because I’m actually shaking.  I abhor indoctrination of children.  

Another logic fail! Teaching your child to instantly obey their parents every wish will not teach them self control. It teaches them to be little robots! Do you really want children who can’t make a decision by themselves? A child who needs to run every decision by Mommy? 

And how does having a WORKING mother not teach children the value of work? Another logic fail! Kids see  their mothers hold down jobs and manage the household just fine. We bring in income, contribute to society & keep a clean home & take care of our families. I’m starting to think Lori & her ilk are intimidated by working women....

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived