IGNORED

Lori Alexander 38: Still Cooking "Healthy" Meals?

Has she lost chat room members? It’s showing at 764 and I thought it was higher. I looked at members and two I thought were members are no longer there. One has joined a private anabaptist group (that came up under the Always Learning group). 

Her post today makes me sad for two ladies who used to be fairly regulars on her page. I can’t imagine how her words must have hurt them- unnecessarily. One of them had commented that her husband left her for another woman, they seem to be ex living it up, and are engaged to be married. I remember she once commented that she did submit, was a keeper at home- yet the new woman has a career, etc. 

Lori- complaining about negative posts on Amazon (calling people trolls at that) just serves to reinforce some of those comments you hate. Same with your constant deleting of anything with which you disagree. 

11 minutes ago, EowynW said:

Mr. EW goes in 3/4 AM to 2:30/3:30 PM. Yea, dinner isn't happening that early lol 

My DH is self employed/does part time paramedic shifts-  his return home time varies by day and I rarely know what time to expect him.  When he does a paramedic shift he either works 7am one day to 7am the next day, or 7pm to 7am. He’s generally on his own for meals, but that’s also part of firehouse culture- chipping in for larger meals they cook or eating in restaurants with shift partners and interacting with the community. 

Depending on how late he is, I will make a plate and store it in the microwave for him. 

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazon review fun facts:

- April Cassidy (Peaceful Wife) used to post on Lori's blog.  In return, Lori would go to her comment section to stir the shit.  April's readers pretty much ran Lori out of there when she said she wanted to share one of April's posts, but she was going to "change it up a bit". 

-April's book, The Peaceful Wife?  4.5 out of 5 stars.  (guess she didn't need Lori to "change up" her work, after all.)

-Debbi Pearl's CTBHH?  4 out of 5 stars.

-Home by Choice?  4.5 out of 5 stars.

-Me?  Obey him? 4 out of 5 stars.

All of the above can be found under: "Customers who bought this item also bought" (when you look at The Power of a Transformed Wife).

Speaking of which...

-The Power of a Transformed Wife?  Still 2.5 out of 5 stars.

Absolutely NONE of the "Customers who bought this item" books have ratings even in the ballpark of Lori's 2.5 stars.  All are 4 or above.

I wonder how Lori reconciles the above listed reviews, with her thought that people are leaving negative reviews for her book, because they  "want nothing whatsoever to do with biblical womanhood".  Obviously books spewing similar views are doing quite well, and there's definitely a market for them (god help us all).

It's like it never occurs to her that it's the way she comes across.  She's downright cruel, even to her "fans" (who, by the way, STILL haven't offered up any new 5 star reviews).  

Anyway, the whole "please give me a 5 star review, whether you've read my book or not", really annoys me.  I didn't leave her a review, because I haven't read the book.  If I did, it would be marked "verified purchase" (as many of the 1 star reviews are), and I would STILL give it 1 star.  It's a regurgitation of her blog for heaven's sake!

Now that I think about it, who would even want a review that they didn't "earn"?  Is it really a legitimate review if you have to beg someone to leave it for you??

2 hours ago, Frog99 said:

Has she lost chat room members? It’s showing at 764 and I thought it was higher.

She likely kicked them out, herself.  The chat room is Lori's version of a cool (read: MEAN) girl club.  I think she gets a thrill out of tossing someone out, and making them feel unwanted/not godly enough.  She kicked Jilly out!  I mean Christ....

I had to report her post from today. Not sure if it will do any good. Putting blame on the victim is never okay. Someone is going to read that post and feel like it is their fault for the mistakes of their s.o. People make choices and mistakes. Those choices and mistakes are of no one fault but their own.

4B846D42-EEBD-4624-BC7E-E777654AD7E8.png

On 1/30/2018 at 3:39 AM, Lgirlrocks said:

I hope she realizes how lucky she is that she never had to work. My dad worked two jobs so my mom didn’t have to work full time. My mom still worked and it was part time mostly on the weekend but occasionally it was during the week. When it was during the week we had a baby sitter. We all turned out just fine. Sometimes even Christian wives have to work to help the family out. Two jobs doesn’t always cut it and my dad wouldn’t have been able to sleep if he worked three jobs. 

Being able to stay fully at home unless a farmer's wife has never really been the reality for women except perhaps during the time 1880-1960 and even then a lot of women worked even if they called themselves housewives. Most of my relatives worked at least during periods of their life even if the majority of their adult life was lived as housewives. A farmer's wife might stay at home but she was vital for the survival of the family. If her job was done poorly the whole family would freeze or starve to death and many jobs were absolutely back-breaking and most would at the very least help out during the harvest and many times during all the important farming events like the births of animals and planting and harvest. The preparation of the harvested products was probably her most important task as that would be what made them survive during winter. Lori would not survive one year or even a day as a traditional old-fashioned farmer's wife. Can you see her milking, feeding and mucking out after a couple of cows to mention one chore a woman in "the good old days" would do? She would whine and yell for Ken but that wouldn't fly, most European cultures considered cows to be animals to be cared for by women and some would even have strong enough taboos that a man could not even enter a building meant for cows. Sheep, goats and poultry were often also "women's animals" and men often only cared for a horse or oxen. I think that a standard morning for an old-fashioned farmer's wife would have left Lori in tears. Caring for all the animals first at dawn and then making a breakfast for all as soon as she got back indoors. After finishing it and washing up on to all the million tasks that the survival and comfort of the family depended on. Even in the evening when the family might sit down next to the fire for a short time would still mean work for most farmer's wives. She might allow her legs to rest but there would be yarn to be made, socks to be knitted, clothes to be mended and so on that could be done while resting one's legs. 

2 hours ago, elliha said:

Being able to stay fully at home unless a farmer's wife has never really been the reality for women except perhaps during the time 1880-1960 and even then a lot of women worked even if they called themselves housewives.

(snip)

And even then, it was illusory. My paternal grandma was a farmer's wife. She worked, and she worked hard.

4 minutes ago, samurai_sarah said:

And even then, it was illusory. My paternal grandma was a farmer's wife. She worked, and she worked hard.

Yes, superhard work. Farm work is hard even today with tractors and farm robots etc. Then it was all people or animal that did everything that needed to be done. 

18 hours ago, Koala said:

So, this is weird.  She had 165 Amazon reviews yesterday, and only 163 today.  There was a time, a post like yesterdays would have guaranteed her a few sympathy stars, but apparently not this time.  Not a single fan girl has reviewed her book in the last 24 hours, and she still has a glowing 2.5 out of 5 stars.

Now she is at 164.   Since I just conveniently recorded her posts by stars and verified members, I can tell you that the one that is missing at this point is a one star non-verified comment.

When I recorded everything, she had 20 verified purchases that were 5 star reviews.  Right now she has 18.

Edit:  I realized when looking at the stats from today that I made an error yesterday.  She had 25 total verified and I miscounted the 5 star. I included the 3 and 4 star ones.  My mistake.  I've corrected it so the stats are correct now and we can keep track of the evolution.

The newest review 2/1/18 is actually one that was updated.  It was the newest post as of the time I recorded the stats, but the reviewer has added information and changed the text of the first paragraph slightly.

at 12:33am on 2/1 these were her review stats:

5 star: 64 total 18 verified

4 star: 5 total 1 verified

3 star: 1 total 1 verified

2 star: 2 total 0 verified

1 star: 93 total 5 verified

Today (2/2) at 8:44am

5 star: 64 total 18 verified

4 star: 5 total 1 verified

3 star: 1 total 1 verified

2 star: 2 total 0 verified

1 star: 92 total 5 verified

@Sarah92 and @AuntKrazy You seem to have missed the memo that Lori speaks for the GOD OF THE UNIVERSE!  That's who she thinks she is (seriously).  Her hubris is amazing if you take a moment to think about that.

LORI IS BATSHIT Y’ALL

But seriously. I don’t know what she’s smoking. But it sure ain’t common sense or kindness or compassion.

Today she's going off on covering up while breastfeeding again. 

'Many young women today believe that it’s fine to nurse a baby in public and have other men see their breasts because feeding a baby is much more important than what men think or being modest and this is why breasts were created.'  Maybe that's because feeding a baby IS more important than the opinions of weak, fragile men, and that IS what breasts are for!  

'I nursed four babies for over a year and no man besides my husband ever saw my breasts.' Yeah, Lori, we get it, you're so much better and holier than the heathen women nowadays.  :pb_rollseyes:

' I’m an adult and I eat without having a naked breast at my face and you can train a child to accept anything.'  Like you trained yours, Lori? No thanks. I'd much rather women breastfed publicly in the nude than that. 

'No, covering yourselves while nursing isn’t shameful. Not covering yourselves is shameful.'  It's only shameful if you make it so.  

I breastfed my children, and at the time I did cover up, because at the time I didn't realize there were other options-my youngest is over 20, so it wasn't within the last few years!  If I could do it over again that would change.  I wonder what woman was breastfeeeding where Ken could see her, and pissed Lori off this time? 

I'd love to see Lori Alexander and Zsuzsanna Anderson go at it about breastfeeding and covering up! 

"You can train a child to accept anything." Said the parents of the 13 Turpin children.

I think we can guess now how Lori probably feels about that.  :my_sad:

What today's post is really about:

You can bet I sure wouldn’t want a woman coming into my home and openly showing her breasts to my husband while nursing her baby. 

It's Ken.  It's always Ken.  

4 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Can someone explain Lori’s beef with April of peaceful wife? I missed that!

Yes please. 

"God is a man and had men in mind when he created our breasts." 

What the fuck. That is so disgusting. 

IMG_2038.PNG

22 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

snipped

I’m an adult and I eat without having a naked breast at my face and you can train a child to accept anything.'  Like you trained yours, Lori? No thanks. I'd much rather women breastfed publicly in the nude than that. 

snipped

Why does this line sound so weird and creepy to me? I am now picturing regular ol' adults eating their dinner with naked breasts dangling everywhere and being unable to concentrate on eating. 

Thanks Lori, you hateful hag.

5 hours ago, elliha said:

I hope she realizes how lucky she is that she never had to work.

What occurred to me, and I was tempted to post on her site, although I know it would be deleted so why bother..... Lori always advises those women who have explained why have to work out of necessity to help their family make ends meet to pray for God to provide. To have more faith. Like they don't have enough faith.  Has she ever thought that God HAS answered the prayer and provided for the family -- by providing the wife WITH that job opportunity so she can help support the family. 

Its the same thing with medical intervention.  I believe God gave us the brains to discover cures, vaccines, etc.  I'm a Christian and I believe God sends us help in a variety of ways. Not just Lori's pat little cookie cutter ways. 

Could someone with biblical knowledge please point me to the passages wherein it states that not covering while breastfeeding is against god and his ways?   :pb_rollseyes:

"My breasts are for my husband's enjoyment and for my children to eat." In that order. 

3 hours ago, elliha said:

Yes, superhard work. Farm work is hard even today with tractors and farm robots etc. Then it was all people or animal that did everything that needed to be done. 

Farm work is hard physical labor and farms can be extremely dangerous places. There are all sorts of ways to get hurt. I hate it when Lori glorifies farm life as being so "healthy".

1 hour ago, Koala said:

What today's post is really about:

It's Ken.  It's always Ken.  

She's not even attracted to him, has to "give" him sex, yet she still cares? Let the guy look around a bit if you aren't interested in him yourself. On some level, he knows all she cares about is the paycheck.

29 minutes ago, smittykins said:

"My breasts are for my husband's enjoyment and for my children to eat." In that order. 

Those are some seriously fucked up priorities there.  

2 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

.  I wonder what woman was breastfeeeding where Ken could see her, and pissed Lori off this time? 

Yes, she always posts in reaction to something that triggers her. A new member in the fight club, I mean chat room, recently responded negatively to an old post about covering your titties when feeding babies. Lori implored her "Please don't make this an issue in here." Naturally, Lori had to make it an issue on her blog. I think she takes the temperature of the group to see what will rattle women and posts accordingly. She is desperate to be noticed and finally fawned over. She just wants attention so badly. 

14 hours ago, Koala said:

Anyway, the whole "please give me a 5 star review, whether you've read my book or not", really annoys me.  I didn't leave her a review, because I haven't read the book.  If I did, it would be marked "verified purchase" (as many of the 1 star reviews are), and I would STILL give it 1 star.  It's a regurgitation of her blog for heaven's sake!

I have a few titles on Amazon, as author or co-author. They don't get a ton of reviews, partly because of specialized topics and partly because my promotional talent score is close to zero, so it's exciting when a new one pops up.

One time the buyer gave it five stars and then went on to say she hadn't started reading it yet but she was sure it would be terrific. I was kind of miffed. I adore good reviews, but I'd like them to be based on something other than a hunch.

As far as I know, none of my reviews or ratings online have been put there by friends or family. Asking for stars would be creepy. But maybe if I were the mouthpiece of the Almighty it would be different.

@Curious

I think there are two old ones missing - there is a new 5 star rating that sounds like it was dictated verbatim by Lori.

image.thumb.png.8bd0a5d12ce778370627ded3cab95ee0.png

I honestly laughed out loud when I read this. 

5 minutes ago, AuntKrazy said:

@Curious

I think there are two old ones missing - there is a new 5 star rating that sounds like it was dictated verbatim by Lori.

image.thumb.png.8bd0a5d12ce778370627ded3cab95ee0.png

I honestly laughed out loud when I read this. 

Yep, that sure sounds like Lori.  I wouldn't put it past her to post her own review, but I suppose we have no way to know for sure. 

She actually got 2 new reviews:

This book is mostly a collection of old blog posts. The author is hypocritical in many respects. For example, throughout the book, she criticizes women for immodesty. Yet here is a picture of her. Does her shirt look modest? 

She criticizes women for working in her book, yet in real life she helps her daughter-in-law work by providing childcare.

She blames women for their husband's affairs, claiming they did not "submit" enough, or treat their husband as respectfully as they should.

A picture of Lori in her navel cut navy shirt is included under the review. :pb_lol:

Based off the information @Curious listed above, 2 of the 1 star reviews were deleted.  The question is, why?  Did Lori contact them (as she pondered doing with another 1 star reviewer), or is it something else.  It's awfully odd that it happened right at the same time.  

9 minutes ago, Koala said:

She actually got 2 new reviews:

A picture of Lori in her navel cut navy shirt is included under the review. :pb_lol:

Based off the information @Curious listed above, 2 of the 1 star reviews were deleted.  The question is, why?  Did Lori contact them (as she pondered doing with another 1 star reviewer), or is it something else.  It's awfully odd that it happened right at the same time.  

I don't know much about reviewing things on Amazon, but is there a chance that they contained some nasty profanity that went against Amazon's terms? Or perhaps Amazon somehow verified the accounts were trolls or something? 

But let's all be honest here - deep down we all know it was God Himself who deleted these reviews. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived