IGNORED

Lori Alexander 38: Still Cooking "Healthy" Meals?

Lori has always made Alyssa out to be her problem child.  Naturally, it's because someone else "raised her" for the first two years of her life.

Someone else raised her the first two years of her life while I worked as a teacher. 

No, Alyssa wasn't in foster care, or an orphanage.  She was simply spending her days with her grandma.  :roll:

Spending the day with grandma= someone else raised her

Having a nanny hold your baby for hours a day while you stay home and "rest"= "A nanny sent from heaven".

Anyway, I think Lori got it in her mind that Alyssa's strong will was her grandma's fault.

Alyssa took a lot more discipline, guidance, and talking to than our other three.  I barely had to look at Cassi and she would obey me.  She was a very easy child to raise.  Alyssa received more spankings than the others.  

See?  The children that Lori raised were way too scared to cross her, but Alyssa had to be spanked because Lori wasn't there to raise her for those first two years. (I literally feel sick reading that...)

I honestly feel bad for Cassi when I read this too.  I wonder if her fear of her mother (Lori happily admits that her kids were afraid of her), is the reason for the broken look she always has.  

Anyway, thankfully Alyssa was stronger than Lori, and Lori wasn't able to break her. 

She also claimed she was "strong willed".

Alyssa was definitely the one born with the strongest will in our family

She continues:

The first time you see any evil tendencies in your children, you need to deal with it quickly and forcefully.  

Of course, Lori is the Queen of Contradiction, so who knows:

None of my children are argumentative or strong-willed at all.

Also, Lori:

All of our children were strong-willed but we didn't allow that to control them.

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a very strained relationship with my mother. One day, years ago, we had an absolutely awful blow up over the phone. I have never been one to "fight back" to her and I never really did this time, either; but she went WAAAAAAYY over the line. I refused to take her calls and answer her emails for about three weeks. I was trying to pull myself together and work out my words for when we discussed it again. 

When we finally spoke, I took a page from my aunt's book. When my mom asked if we could put this behind us, I said "No. Clearly, my choices anger you. Clearly, you disapprove of so many things I do with my life.  I am tired of walking on eggshells around you. So, until you can be more accepting and less critical, no, we cannot put this behind us.  You need to decide if you can accept my choices. If they bother you that much, it is not good for us to spend time together."  

It worked for a while; but she is so self centered and mean, I have learned to expect very little from her. She does, however, carefully monitor her words to me now.  She knows some topics are off limits and if she wants any relationsip with me at all, they will remain off limits. I do know that I often need long breaks from her so that I don't let her destroy the progress I have made in becoming more self confident and secure.  

@EowynW, maybe something like that would work for you??  I guess it's putting the emphasis on your choices, but also on THEIR reactions to your choices. One of them has to change and it won't be your choices, so they have an important decision to make. 

Sorry if I am butting in but I wish you luck. 

I nearly fell down the Lori Alexander rabbit hole but was able to claw my way out just in time!  I now need wine or gravol.

WTF!  Am I allowed to say I want to (no I better not)!

Unbelievable Ignorant piece of shit of a  human being.

SIDE NOTES:

I think Lori plagerized a book...well, not word for word. But the thoughts, almost to the T. 

I found this book from when my husband and I first got married. This book "Passionate Housewives Desperate for God". The ideas in the book-and some of the wording-are almost IDENTICAL to what she has written. I was reading some of it and was like WTF. 

And this making a name for yourself-----she is LITERALLY doing this! She has even PAID for followers. What a sick person

I believe today's blog post and afternoon doodle are directed at Cassie. She probably has her hands full with a new baby and toddler running around. Grandma Lori thinks she should be hitting them more, and apparently not letting the toddler snack so much.

And this:

If they were “hungry” as children are continually saying, they could only have something simple like a piece of fruit or nothing at all until meal time. Allowing them to eat whenever they want isn’t teaching them any self-control.

I grew up relatively poor (on public assistance). Mom could stretch a dollar pretty far and we didn't go hungry. When I was young we never had "snack food" in the house. No soda, no chips, no boxes of bars.  If we were hungry between meals there was fruit (apples, bananas and oranges mainly) or bread with butter or jam, or a bowl of cold cereal. After dinner we snacked on popcorn a lot. And if mealtime was within an hour she'd usually tell us no.

None of us was overweight as children or young adults (let's not discuss nowadays!) but I'd say self-control is NOT something we excel at!!! Not at all!!! If that's the lesson we were suppose to get from going without snacks, we didn't catch on very well. :pb_lol:

22 hours ago, usmcmom said:

"Christian Risqué"

WTF?? LOL ....I wonder if they have a special section called "Christian Risque" in Macy's:confused2:

53 minutes ago, YourMamaKnew said:

SIDE NOTES:

I think Lori plagerized a book...well, not word for word. But the thoughts, almost to the T. 

I found this book from when my husband and I first got married. This book "Passionate Housewives Desperate for God". The ideas in the book-and some of the wording-are almost IDENTICAL to what she has written. I was reading some of it and was like WTF. 

And this making a name for yourself-----she is LITERALLY doing this! She has even PAID for followers. What a sick person

Why am I not surprised? Vision Forum, Stacey McDonald, (Jennie Chancey?)

22 hours ago, EmiGirl said:

Just an armchair observation, I'd say that Alyssa is the scapegoat child.

I would agree. Seeing her posts about God looking on our insides and not our outward appearances, and other posts, looks to be direct rebuttal to Lori's rantings.   I love Alyssa

1 minute ago, SongRed7 said:

WTF?? LOL ....I wonder if they have a special section called "Christian Risque" in Macy's:confused2:

Yep! He wrote it as kind of a concession that yeah, maybe his daughters show a little skin but, you know, they walk in truth so it's all good. I think he worded it something like "maybe they dress in a Christian Risqué kind of way, but.."

Also, he wrote on how much side breast was appropriate to show in the skimpy tops - using fractions and everything! I gotta go find that stuff. It's pure gold! 

13 minutes ago, refugee said:

Just looked it up. Yup. And 4.1 out of 5 stars. 70-something percent five star reviews. No wonder Lori is so torqued at her piddling 2.5 stars!

So the first comment on today’s blog post is by a newly married, newly pregnant wife. She has made comments in the past and I peeked at her FB page... I believe she met her husband while he was in prison and they married upon his release- it could be they were friends previously, but he went to prison at age 12.

I don’t know how to hide things in a post and it could be very triggering information, but searching Jake Eakin will get you multiple hits. 

I know people can change, but quite honestly, it worries me greatly that the two of them have bought into Lori’s ideas in the way that they have. Additionally, he refers to himself as an abolitionist and likely has extremist tendencies. I pray I am wrong. 

13 minutes ago, Koala said:

Omg...I am speechless.  That is scary stuff.

Okay, the more I am reading, the more awful it is.  This is the stuff of nightmares.  

I agree. 

OMG, I googled. Isn't it odd too that the woman's name who commented is hyphenated but the first part of the hyphenation is the E name which would suggest that is her maiden name. Is she a relative to her husband?

So Lori is posting about discipline again.  The post below inaccurately describes gentle parenting which involves discipline, but not corporeal punishment.  Lying by omissioin  You dont train them up and break their will, Lori.  You teach them through a rewards system.  Ugh.   This bothers me.  See the image on the right:  This is for you Lori.  You cannot spank a child who is not old enough to understand reason, but that is EXACTLY what you did and you did damage.  Thankfully, Alyssa is getting beyond all of this and if she has a chid, I just know she will not use your methods, which are inhumane, harsh, leave damage and DO NOT WORK!

5a7b7431c698c_GenttleParenting.jpg.3a28b41132070d3ed28dc83be1e7d67b.jpg5a7b749c48b6a_shouldIspankmychild.jpg.7cb2e66711996368edffb621f331e41d.jpg

Latest response on the Do Your Children Rule Your Home post:

Do not break a child's will to the point that you cause them to lose their individuality, passion for life and curiousity to learn about and explore the creation around us.

Oh, honey. There is no such thing as individuality, passion for life, and curiosity in Lori's world. There is only God's Lori's ways, which, believe me, include none of the above. 

7 hours ago, Chocolatedefrauded said:

Another logic fail! Teaching your child to instantly obey their parents every wish will not teach them self control. It teaches them to be little robots! Do you really want children who can’t make a decision by themselves? A child who needs to run every decision by Mommy? 

Not to mention, there will always come a point where the parents aren't around/available to make a decision for the child. Or the child finally decides to rebel and make their own decisions. For a person who's been prevented from thinking for themselves their entire lives, and has never been able to evaluate their options and make their own decisions in a safe environment before (like most children/teens can)... that is a rough situation to navigate.

44 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

OMG, I googled. Isn't it odd too that the woman's name who commented is hyphenated but the first part of the hyphenation is the E name which would suggest that is her maiden name. Is she a relative to her husband?

I don’t know but found it strange as well. 

She has a ignorant mindset that 'peaceful parenting' means you let your kids do whatever the F they want without discipline/correction.

No, you dumbass. It just means you chose not to use harsh punishments-ie spanking, yelling, etc. It also means to teach a child how to make the RIGHT choice becuase it's the RIGHT choice. Not because they are told to do it.

And I NEVER EVER teach my kids that they are to listen to adults and do what they say automatically-just because they are adults. That is danger. 

1 hour ago, refugee said:

Yup. That is the book.

Here's what someone wrote of Sarah Edwards, Jonathan Edwards' wife. I'm assuming the JE she's referring to was the revivalist preacher. Apparently Sarah was a kind godly woman. And together they did produce quite the legacy with their descendants. But note the gentleness aspect not the hit your child with a rubber tube and flick their cheeks.  

image.png

Breaking a child's stubborn and rebellious will does not cause them to lose their individuality, passion for life, or curiosity. They keep all of these but with self-discipline which makes the children much more enjoyable for the child and others.

Phew. That’s a relief. 

Oh!  Almost forgot:

break

brāk/

verb

gerund or present participle: breaking

separate or cause to separate into pieces as a result of a blow, shock, or strain.

"the rope broke with a loud snap"

synonyms:shatter, smash, crack, snap, fracture, fragment, splinter, fall to bits, fall to pieces

From fb post on happy Sarah:

5a7bb11494108_nitpic1.JPG.73403f2aa62200475fd4ea25ac8b4be1.JPG

You attack someone for making assumptions about Abigail but why do you all assume Sarah was HAPPY? Chapter and verse, please.

Anyone?

55 minutes ago, Florita said:

From fb post on happy Sarah:

5a7bb11494108_nitpic1.JPG.73403f2aa62200475fd4ea25ac8b4be1.JPG

You attack someone for making assumptions about Abigail but why do you all assume Sarah was HAPPY? Chapter and verse, please.

Anyone?

My response to the Abigal comment is maybe she loved her husband, maybe she didn't because he was an idiot.  So maybe she was saving the lives of her children and herself? She doesn't really seem to be concerned for her husband ultimately. David was about to kill all the men in the household which would have been a massive amount of blood shed.  

Also the story says he was mean, wicked, and a fool. That sounds a lot like a potential abuser to me. Also he didn't have a chance to abuse her because he became like a stone as soon as she told him and then died ten days later. Reading the story helps 

I think Abraham and Sarah did care for each other but I think the person she is quoting is making a huge jump and placing an undue burden on women. 

Also I hate when Lori, Ken, and the like talk about people as exceptions. If God is perfect, I highly doubt he needs to make exceptions. If he didn't want to use a woman he'd have just used a wise male servant to convince the others to give David food. God chooses with a purpose. Deborah was not an exception, Huldah was not an exception, Abigal, all the Marys, Martha, Junia, Priscilla and all the good, strong women in the Bible are not exceptions. In fact, they seem pretty darn common. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived