IGNORED

Lori Alexander 38: Still Cooking "Healthy" Meals?

The apparently now daily recording of Lori's amazon reviews stats

12:33am on 2/1:

Total reviews = 165; verified = 25

5 star: 64 total 18 verified

4 star: 5 total 1 verified

3 star: 1 total 1 verified

2 star: 2 total 0 verified

1 star: 93 total 5 verified

Today (2/2) at 8:44am

Total reviews = 164; verified = 25

1 star: 92 total 5 verified

12:59am at 2/3/18

reviews = 167; verified = 5

5 star: 65 total 18 verified

1 star: 94 total 5 verified

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, TeddyBonkers said:

I vividly remember the first time i wanted to BF in public.  I went into the ladies room to adjust my top, latched Older Bonkers, and tried to walk out to the waiting room while carrying her. 

SPOILER ALERT: it didn't work.

It just takes some getting used to.... When the midwife dropped round for the one week visit with my last (4th) child I opened the door with her on the breast, walked the midwife into the living room, went to the bedroom to get paperwork, grabbed my drink and sat down - all without removing child. Her first comment “ so it seems breastfeeding is going ok?”. I wouldn’t have felt able to do that with first child, but, as Michelle Duggar would say, practice makes progress. And parenting my first 3 (all born in 3years) gave me lots of practIce at meeting the needs of other kids with a baby on the breast.

Lori would hate me though. I made some effort to nurse discretely with my older kids, but this time round I just don’t care. And I’m now nursing a toddler who doesn’t give a damn about modesty or discretion - she will happily pop off the breast for a chat with a nearby stranger before continuing her feed. Strangely enough, I haven’t been overrun with lustful men - it’s actually almost exclusively older women (and my teenage daughter) who have a problem with me nursing publicly. My sons have survived exposure to my lactation witbout commenting on the breasts of other nursing women too, though my then 10 year old did ask why a mother in a cafe was hiding her baby under a blanket.

Today, in the Lori Alexander Does Not Understand Irony department, we have a 'guest post' from a man named David Murray who says that technology is really, really bad for us:

Well, I’ll sum it up very briefly . . . it (technology) is killing us. I can expand on that if you want. I love technology—I’m a technophile—I just love it! But, and it’s not just Christians saying this, it’s a very broad range of secular opinion, from a sociological viewpoint, educational viewpoint, health viewpoint.

We’re seeing, increasingly, the digital revolution is changing us in detrimental ways. It’s damaging us, and I think even out of self-interest—never mind spiritual interest at the moment—but even out of self-interest, I truly believe that the young people, the millennials, that are able to get their technology under control and develop a disciplined life in that area, the competitive advantage they are going to have, over the long haul, is going to make them soar career-wise in whatever field they are in, because our brains were not made for this. Our brains need rest; they need quiet; they need peace; they need down time.

Now, I do agree with all of that to some extent. But I must point out that I'm not the one who bolded that last sentence, "Our brains need rest; they need  quiet; they need peace; they need down time." LORI bolded that. Lori, who spends nearly every waking moment on the Internet. Lori, who also gets up in the middle of the night to zap comments that don't agree with her and make creepy, furtive, whispery 'YouTubes.' 

Just when I think her lack of self-awareness can get no worse, she posts stuff like this. :roll:

38 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Today, in the Lori Alexander Does Not Understand Irony department, we have a 'guest post' from a man named David Murray who says that technology is really, really bad for us:

Now, I do agree with all of that to some extent. But I must point out that I'm not the one who bolded that last sentence, "Our brains need rest; they need  quiet; they need peace; they need down time." LORI bolded that. Lori, who spends nearly every waking moment on the Internet. Lori, who also gets up in the middle of the night to zap comments that don't agree with her and make creepy, furtive, whispery 'YouTubes.' 

Just when I think her lack of self-awareness can get no worse, she posts stuff like this. :roll:

On FB she says 'We’re only ten to fifteen years into the real digital era, and so it’s been a while until we realize just what it’s doing to us. But the science is in, and it’s really bad!'  She wouldn't know actual science if it bit her on the ass.  And what's this about science suddenly being right?  We know Lori ignores science and everything else that doesn't fit her little preconceived notions, but now we're supposed to pay attention to what science says? Maybe she's actually right this time, and her constant use of technology has fried her brain.  

After a woman posted a long passage that supposedly supported the idea of covering while breast feeding (the passage is actually about not having sex with relatives but whateves), Lori commented this. Sweetheart, God covered them because THEY felt shame in their nakedness, not God himself. They claim they hid from him because they were naked but in reality I think it was much deeper then being naked. It's like a child that tries to cover its face after doing wrong. 

But hey as someone who likes fashion, it's cool that God was the first fashion designer. I bet those fur clothes were fabulous. 

image.png

21 hours ago, Curious said:

I'd like to know where all these breastfeeding women that are showing anything but some side boob are.  I've seen a fair few women breastfeeding in public and can't think of a single one where I've actually seen any actual boob.   

Once the baby is latched on, there is a giant head hiding the majority of the boob, IME. 

I really enjoy the women that put hats that look like nipples on thier breastfeeding babies.  I crack up every time and think "good for you breastfeeder, good for you"

nipplehat.jpg

Edit to add:  the woman in the picture is actually showing a lot more boob than most women I see out breastfeeding (I don't have a problem with it, just making an observation).  Most women I've seen pull their shirt up or unbutton the first few buttons so there really is nothing to see once the baby is latched on.

They are crocheted and there are patterns all over the internet.  I'm kind of addicted to crochet, but I don't know anyone who could use one.  I would have, when my daughter was a baby but breastfeeding didn't work for us so she was a bottle baby.  And Lori is still ad idiot.

22 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

On FB she says 'We’re only ten to fifteen years into the real digital era, and so it’s been a while until we realize just what it’s doing to us. But the science is in, and it’s really bad."

Snipped

This line sounds like a 5-year-old wrote it.

13 hours ago, Briefly said:

They are crocheted and there are patterns all over the internet.  I'm kind of addicted to crochet, but I don't know anyone who could use one.  I would have, when my daughter was a baby but breastfeeding didn't work for us so she was a bottle baby.  And Lori is still ad idiot.

I have only seen a few in real life circumstances, but I don't get out that much so I figure if I see them, there must be a fair number of women using them.

I've never made one despite my love of crochet.  I'm frantically crocheting baby things for my dental assistant who is due in March.  I have an appt with her this week and want to bring the stuff with me.

*ponders* I'm not sure whether she breastfeeds or not, but this might be my only chance to make one of these hats /off to check my yarn stash

On 2/3/2018 at 1:05 AM, Curious said:

The apparently now daily recording of Lori's amazon reviews stats

12:33am on 2/1:

Total reviews = 165; verified = 25

1 star: 93 total 5 verified

Today (2/2) at 8:44am

Total reviews = 164; verified = 25

1 star: 92 total 5 verified

12:59am at 2/3/18

reviews = 167; verified = 25

1 star: 94 total 5 verified

The list is getting a bit long so I'm going to just start quoting my old posts and putting the new stats in the new post.  People can hit read more if they want to look at the list.

8:57am at 2/4/18

reviews = 168; verified = 25

1 star: 95 total 5 verified

Still 2.5 stars so not bothering to copy that bit every day.

Why do these people always say things like "they don't want to make the sacrifice"? Do they not realize how presumptuous that is? Is there a magical lens that allows them to see into other people's hearts. And if you've lost friends over this issue, I'm not really surprised. Cause friends totally love being accused of not willing to sacrifice for their children, etc. 

5 hours ago, LimeKitty said:

This line sounds like a 5-year-old wrote it.

Or a certain US President. The dumbing down of America. 

1 hour ago, Sarah92 said:

Why do these people always say things like "they don't want to make the sacrifice"? Do they not realize how presumptuous that is? Is there a magical lens that allows them to see into other people's hearts. And if you've lost friends over this issue, I'm not really surprised. Cause friends totally love being accused of not willing to sacrifice for their children, etc. 

We are getting $5.76 a week back from the new Tax Cut. I can so totally afford to sacrifice and go full organic and pasture raised everything now. I'm so excited!! /S

After reading the post Lori linked today, I'm wondering how I missed "Turn kids into atheists 101" during my 15 years of teaching and professional development. Was it optional? Was i sick that day? Or maybe...maybe....

it doesn't happen 

From Lori’s post:

"Would you send your children to a Muslim school? I have yet to find a Christian parent who says yes to that question – and the reason is obvious. We don’t want our kids indoctrinated into Islam. We want them to become Christians.

Should that line not read: We want them to be indoctrinated as Christians?  Seriously. How is it any different?

I taught in public school, and I can tell you that most of my fellow teachers were church goers. Never once was I required to teach anything Lori and the fangirls are prattling on about.  If they mean that not saying a prayer or having a Bible class makes you an atheist....Um, OK

What I did teach was Reading, Math, Spelling, Writing, and History. Even science was about the weather, the water cycle, how plants grow, electricity, healthy eating etc.  Just because one doesn't mention they believe  God created the world (as I do) doesn't mean the content is wrong. No matter how you believe the earth came to be, vegetables are good for you, plants need sunlight and water, and the water cycle is still evaporation, condensation, and precipitation. 

There's heaps of christian schools around, haven't heard of muslim one yet.

I went to a christian boarding school, that one produced A LOT more atheists than the public (girls only) school I went to previously. :evil-laugh:

There are quite a few Muslim, Christian and Jewish schools here (UK), as well as the usual secular ones. I was home schooled for a bit, plus three secular schools and a Church of England school. My best friend at that school was Catholic, and there were a couple of Muslims, but mostly white, middle-class, Christian. Pretty representative of the area, but still, it would have been nice to have a bit more diversity. 

My children go to a Catholic school. In Sec Three( 9th grade) the religion module is Catholic studies while in the other years it is simply religion. Strangely my children have not become Catholics.

I sometimes want to ask the people if their personal religious faith is that weak that their children earning about other faiths  or having no religious teaching affects the parents by proxy.

I was both home schooled and sent to public school. Some of the worst kids I ever encountered were home schooled. I learned so much more in public school, about myself and in general, than I did being home schooled. Nothing against home schooling but lori’s fan girls and most fundies don’t understand that what really matters is your child education. If you truly believe god is real and teach your children about him then there shouldn’t be a problem. At some point they will have to enter into the real world and their faith will be tested. 

The problem I have with home schooling kids to shelter them for religious reasons is you won’t ever know if their faith is real. I am an atheist Jew who grew up in a Jewish Christian home. As a kid, even when I was in public school, I always said and did the right thing. I never cussed or had sex. I had no problem sharing the gospel if people asked. I was good at pretending because I am a people pleaser. You will truly have no way of knowing if your children are all talk if their faith never gets tested and they only hang out with like minded people. 

According to Instagram, Lori's sixth grandchild has been born - a very pretty dark haired little girl. I'm guessing it is Cassi's second child.  The post does not mention the parents and I don't know when Emily is due.  

I take a little comfort in knowing that both new mothers live in different states. Perhaps these babies will not be subjected to the Lori Crazy. 

I mean at my public high school I took a Bible as Lit class that was taught by a wonderful Christian woman. While she did share what she believed occasionally, she mostly just taught the material. Had a Muslim friend that went to a Catholic school before she moved to public. My bio teacher was the leader of the FCA. He still taught evolution which bothered some kids, I personally didn't care much. 

But I survived with my faith intact. My faith was actually shaken by what happened in a church but I've come out stronger. So much for not living in fear right? 

It is very common for children of all faiths to go to christian schools here. The more affordable local private schools tend to be catholic and the extremely prestigious private schools/grammar schools are mainly Anglican. They accept and respect children of all faiths, with the understanding that children of other faiths will respect but not be made to participate in the rituals of the schools faith They’ll sing in choir, for example, but not take communion or participate in confirmation classes. They also have to follow the state curriculum. We don’t have many Islamic schools yet, and the few that we do have service heavily Islamic communities, but when these suburbs inevitably diversify and children of other faiths wish to attend those schools I’m sure the same standards will apply - mutual respect, not indoctrination.

My former Episcopal priest and his wife transferred their kids to our town’s Catholic school(which is now closed), and she said that they were allowed to take Communion so they wouldn’t feel left out.

5 minutes ago, smittykins said:

My former Episcopal priest and his wife transferred their kids to our town’s Catholic school(which is now closed), and she said that they were allowed to take Communion so they wouldn’t feel left out.

Well, that is totally against church teaching and doctrinal law. 

I went to Catholic school and was not Catholic back then. We participated in virtually everything except communion and confession. And never felt left out because of it. Our high school masses were in the gym. In the melee of people going up and down bleachers to get to the priests, no one really noticed who got up and who didn't. And no one actually cared.  About 2% of the student body in my high school was not Catholic. In the Catholic school I taught in, about 1/3 of the student body was not Catholic. They, likewise, participated in everything but communion and confession. 

On to other things...like Lori's nonsense. 

Her Nancy Wilson quote just strikes me as so stupid. There is about 1000 miles of middle ground between regarding taking care of your home as "drudgery" and considering it some sort of might calling from God. I suspect that most people live somewhere in that middle ground. I certainly do. It is not drudgery. It is also not a calling from God. It is, in my mind, the necessary stuff that adults do to live. 

3 hours ago, usmcmom said:

According to Instagram, Lori's sixth grandchild has been born - a very pretty dark haired little girl. I'm guessing it is Cassi's second child.  The post does not mention the parents and I don't know when Emily is due.  

I take a little comfort in knowing that both new mothers live in different states. Perhaps these babies will not be subjected to the Lori Crazy. 

If you look at the baby's little wrist tag, it says "Boyer." Cassi's kid.  Cassi seems deep in denial (and rather depressed) so I don't have hope this kid will be raised to be a strong, confident woman.

It could be because the kids are Episcopalian.  I know the Catholic churches will let Episcopalian priests transfer to Catholic even if they're married.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived