IGNORED

Lori Alexander 38: Still Cooking "Healthy" Meals?

Slightly off topic - my kids went to a Catholic school for a few years, and I got to know some of the other parents.  A number of those parents actually attended a nearby Episcopalian church - they were reared Catholic, but some of them had gotten divorced and later remarried, so they had to leave the church in order to take communion.  One mother had her daughter confirmed in both the Catholic and Episcopalian denominations, so she took communion in both, though I didn't hear of anyone else doing that.  

I thought it was interesting that they had left over communion.

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today's post title is "Thanking God for Simple Pleasures." I thought that it sounded a bit too positive for Lori and wondered if it had been written by someone else. Yup, I was right. Lori didn't write today's post. It's pretty pathetic when even a hint of positivity is a dead giveaway that Lori couldn't have written something.

Just popping in to say that scrubbing a toilet in and of itself is not a gift from God. 

Although I do believe that the brains God gave to those who invented indoor plumbing, air conditioning, refrigeration, electric/gas stoves, central heat, the washing machine. dryer, the vacuum cleaner, etc.  -- those brains were gifts from God.

I think what annoys me most about her reposting other individuals work is one, I don't really know if she asks permission to do so. And most annoyingly two, she should just be posting links to the article rather than copying them to her own page. Something along the lines of "hey check out this article linked below, I found it to be a great blessing". That way she's not taking away views from the individual bloggers and it makes it clear that Lori isn't the author. Furthermore, if the blogger has ads to make money then they need the views to their page. Lori not directing them directly to the page link can lose them money.

The question is how many people know that Lori has linked the page in the top and how many are actually going to check it out for themselves? 

I think it's about integrity. 

Edit: I left the author a comment asking if permission was granted. 

It could be because the kids are Episcopalian.  I know the Catholic churches will let Episcopalian priests transfer to Catholic even if they're married.

There is still a conversion process. Catholics and Episcopalians are not in full communion.

27 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

I think what annoys me most about her reposting other individuals work is one, I don't really know if she asks permission to do so. And most annoyingly two, she should just be posting links to the article rather than copying them to her own page. Something along the lines of "hey check out this article linked below, I found it to be a great blessing". That way she's not taking away views from the individual bloggers and it makes it clear that Lori isn't the author. Furthermore, if the blogger has ads to make money then they need the views to their page. Lori not directing them directly to the page link can lose them money.

I agree. I'm bothered a LOT by the fact that she doesn't include a "shared with the permission of" type of statement. It's just basic blogging etiquette. 

I sometimes check out the content use policy at the places she pulls her material from. Today's post is from a site with this policy.

You are permitted and encouraged to reproduce and redistribute the articles found on this site only if, you do not alter the wording, nor charge a fee. 

To share any portion of this site (including images), you must include: "By Sunny Shell. Copyright © 2017. Abandoned to Christwww.sunnyshell.org"

Lori included most of that information, but why on earth wouldn't she paste in exactly what she is told to do by the person whose material it is? It's such an easy thing to do.

@molecule I'm gonna guess that it's because she didn't check out the content use policy. With how she uses information she doesn't seem to be concerned with using accurate sources or following the requests other set for the use of their work. 

Here's what gets me.  Lori welcomed a new granddaughter yesterday.  Most people would be over the moon, not wasting their time posting hateful shit to Instagram. 

But nope.  Lori shows up like clockwork, because this is clearly more important than helping her daughter/pampering the new family/telling anyone willing to listen, about her precious new granddaughter.  Never mind that she's repeating herself, never mind that her energies could be used for good, elsewhere.  

I don't get that.  

16 minutes ago, Koala said:

Here's what gets me.  Lori welcomed a new granddaughter yesterday.  Most people would be over the moon, not wasting their time posting hateful shit to Instagram. 

But nope.  Lori shows up like clockwork, because this is clearly more important than helping her daughter/pampering the new family/telling anyone willing to listen, about her precious new granddaughter.  Never mind that she's repeating herself, never mind that her energies could be used for good, elsewhere.  

I don't get that.  

Lori disgusts me. Even moreso today because she should be celebrating her beautiful new granddaughter, not posting this vile (and repetitive) shit. Tell me Lori, you state that "women and GIRLS shouldn't dress provocatively"; does this include that new grandbaby of yours? I mean, what is the age in which "girls" should start being aware of how they dress so they do not upset those weak men? 

Lori, you are a heinous piece of crap. 

Yeah, it's just kind of beyond me.  Has anyone else noticed that here lately, a good majority of the stuff she posts is written by someone else?  Why not just skip a day?  Does she think the internet will melt if she doesn't post a blog post and notebook doodle a day?  All of her stuff is either repeating what she's already said, or posting someone else's work.  Seems like her time would be better invested, doing all of the "femaleness" chores that she wants the rest of us to do.

The FJ mantra of LET ONLY BOYS BE BORN INTO THE CULT applies particularly well to Lori. Our other families emphasise modesty for girls, but they don’t bang on and on about it like Lori does. Except boys shouldn’t be exposed to Lori’s shit either. 

That being said, I wouldn’t wish infertility on these people either. No-one, even these folks, deserves the pain and heartbreak infertility brings. (Disclaimer: not suffered it myself, but I do have compassion unlike Lori and can at least somewhat imagine what it’d be like).

Is it wrong that I really really hope Alyssa will come visit us? Maybe one day when Lori does or says something especially heinous to her she will go no contact and dish it all out. 

I'll tell you what else bothers me- the whole "Grandbaby #6" business.  Zsu did it a lot when she was pregnant.  "Baby #10".  It's not about the human being, it's about letting people know what number you're on.  Very dehumanizing to me.  The person doesn't matter at all, just collect more babies!  :roll:

If it was anyone else, it probably wouldn't seem that way, but coming from people like Lori and Zsu, it irritates me.

So Lori had a new granddaughter born yesterday? Geez... One of my best friends from back home had a new grandbaby born this morning. Her FB is already COVERED in pictures of the new little one! I think she's already posted 10 pictures and baby was born about 8am Eastern time (I'm pacific time so I'm WAY behind). So, it's like 1pm on the east coast right now...and grandma covered facebook inside of 5 hours after baby's birth. 

Lori is a bitch. If it's not about her and her hate, she isn't having it. 

4 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

So Lori had a new granddaughter born yesterday? Geez... One of my best friends from back home had a new grandbaby born this morning. Her FB is already COVERED in pictures of the new little one! I think she's already posted 10 pictures and baby was born about 8am Eastern time (I'm pacific time so I'm WAY behind). So, it's like 1pm on the east coast right now...and grandma covered facebook inside of 5 hours after baby's birth. 

See, that's what I was thinking.  I can guarantee you that when I have a new grandbaby, people who know me will be begging me to shut up already, because I will be over.the.moon!

I would be out shopping for gifts to pamper the new family, cooking meals (so they could rest and relax), and running any errands they might need done.  No way would I be wasting my time prattling on about modesty (for the MILLIONTH time).  

I am a BIG believer in making life easier for the new family, and not making yourself a nuisance by sitting around begging to hold the baby.  When my kids were babies, I made a mental list of things that would have made our first weeks home easier.  When (and if) my kids have children, I plan to do as many of those things as possible.  Everyone wants to hold the baby, but no one wants to do laundry, go to the grocery, provide the family with meals.  THAT'S how I would spend my time as a new grandma.  Forget Instagram and monitoring the internet. :roll:  Get to work serving your daughter, Lori!

3 minutes ago, Koala said:

I can guarantee you that when I have a new grandbaby, people who know me will be begging me to shut up already, because I will be over.the.moon!

When my grandbabies were born, I was shoving pictures under EVERYBODY'S nose in minutes! Well, I was there when the first one was born, the second one ended up showing up a bit early so I didn't see her until she was about 2 weeks old, and the third one was born on the other side of the country...BUT...I had pictures of them "fresh"! I still shove pictures under people's noses and the grands are 14, 13 and 5 (they better get busy and make me more of 'em). 

1 hour ago, Koala said:

Get to work serving your daughter, Lori!

Maybe her daughter does not want her around. Maybe she didn't invite her to Houston for the birth, or maybe she encouraged her to go home right after. "No need to stay, mom, we're fine. .  ."

1 hour ago, Koala said:

I'll tell you what else bothers me- the whole "Grandbaby #6" business.  Zsu did it a lot when she was pregnant.  "Baby #10".  It's not about the human being, it's about letting people know what number you're on.  Very dehumanizing to me.  The person doesn't matter at all, just collect more babies!  :roll:

If it was anyone else, it probably wouldn't seem that way, but coming from people like Lori and Zsu, it irritates me.

Yes! Yes! I have felt that way for a long time about numbering babies. I didn't know anyone else thought that too. It does dehumanize them, even the speaker didn't mean to. I remember when Jim Bob was giving a tour of his home, and he pointed to his bedroom and tastefully said something about maybe Baby #17 would be conceived soon. (And she did, it was Johannah). I was like Number 17--who calls an infant (or a fetus for that matter) by a number?

2 hours ago, LimeKitty said:

Lori disgusts me. Even moreso today because she should be celebrating her beautiful new granddaughter... 

Lori doesn't seem to place a very high value on infants, despite her claim that the purpose of women is to have babies.   

2 hours ago, Koala said:

I don't get that.  

IMG_2113.PNG

Low cut tops, short shorts or short skirts...um, hasn't she worn these? 

She's bitching about her own self.

2 hours ago, feministxtian said:

.BUT...I had pictures of them "fresh"!

There's a store that sold newborn onesies with "freshly squeezed" written on them :giggle:

4 hours ago, Koala said:

Not to mention you are only a day old and you are up on instagram already! How godly!

Instagram before baptism! That is how godly ladies roll. 

She is imprinted onto the internet whether she wants it or not for forever and ever and ever. 

I don’t think she would care what Cassi wants in terms of visiting. Lori seems so self-centered I think she would impose herself if so inclined. 

I halfway wish someone would post the pics of her immodest (I don’t think they are but that’s what she preaches) outfits in the comments. Maybe a reader or two would wake up.  

@Koala DH’s step-Mom made meals for us after each of our kids were born- enough to feed us for a week. She also brought breakfast items- yogurt, fruit, homemade muffins. She’s a fabulous cook and it was so welcome. My mother did DD’s laundry for almost the first three months of her life. It was so helpful. And one of our most used gifts was a homemade hooded towl (thicker and more absorbent than those in the store) with a small laundry basket (perfect for carting infant clothes) and detergent and other odds and ends. I love your plan. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived