IGNORED

Josie and Kelton 1: Here We Go Again

Coconut Flan

On 7/9/2018 at 7:37 AM, QuiverDance said:

I wonder if these lovers of the unborn have feelings about family separation at the Southern border.  You’d think they’d be appalled. 

Time and again we see those who are supposedly pro-life and pro-family have completely contradictory views. In my opinion you can't call yourself those labels but then support policies like the death penalty, gun rights over protecting the lives of gun victims, birth control to prevent unwanted pregnancies, strong maternity leave, good sex education, universal health care (with strong maternity care), giving refuge/asylum to children whose lives are in danger (the same ones they love posing with in missioncation photo ops), keeping migrant families together, and other pro-family policies.

Then again, these are people who are stalwart about aborting fetuses but are okay with putting their children's lives at danger as we've seen countless times - not wearing bike helmets (Bateseses), not wearing seat belts and teaching proper car safety (Rodrigii), letting babies hang out in the car on the highway outside the car seat (Mortons), etc etc.

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Naughty&nice said:

So does anyone have a clue when these two are getting married yet?

Nope, not yet. But the Bates do reveal their wedding dates unlike the Duggars, so we’ll probably find out around a month/month and a half before the wedding.

My guess is October 6th

2 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Nope, not yet. But the Bates do reveal their wedding dates unlike the Duggars, so we’ll probably find out around a month/month and a half before the wedding.

My guess is October 6th

That is a very good guess. So, will Carven be engaged by then? 

29 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

That is a very good guess. So, will Carven be engaged by then? 

Carlin talked to Alyssa about when she will be liked to be married and she mentioned January for a wedding date, so most likely Carven will be engaged by the time of Josie's wedding.  

My personal guess for Josie's wedding date is September 15th. Duggardata seems to think that she will get married in October. 

Pro-Lifers don't give a shit about babies or kids. Their shits are all about controlling women by denying them bodily autonomy.

Oh and the kids detained at the border are overwhelmingly brown kids. Any shits they might manage to occasionally muster up for kids after they have been born are generally reserved for white ones.

I am in total shock Josie was given the green-light before Carlin especially now that it appears Kelton dated after Josie. I will say, Gilly Jo did make it seems like Kelton was pining away for several years, waiting for Josie to get older. Josie did, too. Maybe he was just dating for fun, to pass the time away, until Josie was in courting age range. 

41 minutes ago, TatiFish9 said:

I am in total shock Josie was given the green-light before Carlin especially now that it appears Kelton dated after Josie. I will say, Gilly Jo did make it seems like Kelton was pining away for several years, waiting for Josie to get older. Josie did, too. Maybe he was just dating for fun, to pass the time away, until Josie was in courting age range. 

wait Kelton dated like in real dated. wow I missed something big. wonder how Josie feels about all those missing heart pieces. 

5 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

wait Kelton dated like in real dated. wow I missed something big. wonder how Josie feels about all those missing heart pieces. 

Got this info up thread. Not sure if it is real, fake or something in between. 

42 minutes ago, TatiFish9 said:

Got this info up thread. Not sure if it is real, fake or something in between. 

There is a photo of him with the previous girlfriend still up on his facebook, or was still there last time i checked.

Here’s Kelton and Josie’s registry in The Knot. It says oct 5th 2018. iirc Tori’s registry had the correct date and the early oct date makes sense timeline wise so I think it’s real. 

link under spoiler bc it’s long

7 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

i found Kelton and Josie’s registry in The Knot. It says oct 5th 2018. iirc Tori’s registry had the correct date and the early oct date makes sense timeline wise so I think it’s the real date.

If that date is correct then they are assholes why the fuck would they get married on Katie's birthday. and not just any birthday either but her 18th. Josie gets a giant party for her 18 and Katie has to sit through a wedding. really hope that's just a place holder date

That date is also on a Friday this year has there ever been a Friday wedding? 

21 hours ago, TatiFish9 said:

Well Kelton and Josie are both finished college. I think that is the main factor. Neither Carlin or Fundie Zoolander are done. 

1 hour ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

If that date is correct then they are assholes why the fuck would they get married on Katie's birthday. and not just any birthday either but her 18th. Josie gets a giant party for her 18 and Katie has to sit through a wedding. really hope that's just a place holder date

I feel like we go over this every single time a wedding date is announced - like when JinJer married on Spurgeon's first birthday or Siren got married between Kendra and Jinger’s due dates. There are many reasons they may have picked that date, including availability of the possible venues and the availability of the really important guests (mainly family members.)

That said, there are so many Bateses at this point that it’s going to get increasingly difficult not to double up on important dates. For instance, they already have multiple family members sharing birthdays - Trace and Jeb (2/1), Carlin and Allie (4/11), and Brandon and Judson (9/15.) There is not a single month there isn’t a birthday to celebrate when you count all the Bateses, their in-laws, and the grandkids. October, for instance, sees four Bateses celebrating birthdays - Katie (10/5), Isaiah (10/16), Kelly (10/26), and Bradley (10/29.) That’s almost one birthday each week that they’d have to plan around or take into account for that month alone and two of those dates (10/5 and 10/26) are Fridays this year. September, the other most likely month for their wedding, isn’t much better. That month has three family members celebrating birthdays - Brandon and Judson (9/15) and Whitney (9/21.) All three of those birthdays are later in September when a wedding would have been most likely to occur given when they got engaged and both dates fall on a Saturday or a Friday. Having a wedding on someone’s birthday is bound to happen at some point at the rate they’re going. 

And to answer your question, I don’t think any of the others have married on a Friday yet. If the date is accurate then this would be the first Friday wedding for the Bateses thus far. 

2 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I totally agree with you. One thing is sharing a birthday that is something random and unavoidable, another is a wedding were you choose the date. Poor Katie, and as you said Josie herself just had a big birthday party for her 18 last year (althought to be fair, she got pretty lucky with that, because i dont remember any other of her sisters getting such a special birthday thrown to them).

But maybe is a fake date or a placeholder, since as you said its weird that its in a friday, All of them have been on saturdays so far i think.

1 hour ago, llucie said:

I totally agree with you. One thing is sharing a birthday that is something random and unavoidable, another is a wedding were you choose the date. Poor Katie, and as you said Josie herself just had a big birthday party for her 18 last year (althought to be fair, she got pretty lucky with that, because i dont remember any other of her sisters getting such a special birthday thrown to them).

But maybe is a fake date or a placeholder, since as you said its weird that its in a friday, All of them have been on saturdays so far i think.

And the date could very well be a typo; 5 & 6 are right next to each other on a keyboard, and their rehearsal dinner (which is an especially big deal when you have such big weddings) is likely on the 5th and so that being an important date in their head would make sense that they accidentally put it as the date of their wedding.

Agree with those saying that there are too many birthdays to be able to avoid them. Also though: they could have a birthday cake for Katie at Josie's wedding -they had a Bill Gothard birthday cake at a prior wedding.

32 minutes ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

And the date could very well be a typo; 5 & 6 are right next to each other on a keyboard, and their rehearsal dinner (which is an especially big deal when you have such big weddings) is likely on the 5th and so that being an important date in their head would make sense that they accidentally put it as the date of their wedding.

Agree with those saying that there are too many birthdays to be able to avoid them. Also though: they could have a birthday cake for Katie at Josie's wedding -they had a Bill Gothard birthday cake at a prior wedding.

Yep. That was at Erin’s wedding. I added a photo of that to the bottom of the summaries in the Family Summaries thread. Kelly attempted to rebrand it as a “Groom’s” cake after Gothard was publicly outed from IBLP, but the Internet is forever. 

Alyssa and John also got married on her grandparents’ 50th wedding anniversary and they had a special cake for them at their reception:

I thought that was kind of sweet considering how much Alyssa seems to look up to Mama Jane and Papa Bill (but especially Jane.)

Katie could still have a big party. It's not as though you can only have a party on your birthday. Plenty of people have something else to do on their actual birthday, plus if they have all their out of town friends visiting they could through her an extra big event.

I think a big factor in their date choice is Tori's due date. We know she's due in November, and this may have been the only available date that worked without worrying about Tori being extremely late in her pregnancy or having very new newborn. Like if it came down to a choice not Katie's birthday or Tori's due date, wouldn't most people like the birthday instead?

1 hour ago, Kangaroo said:

Katie could still have a big party. It's not as though you can only have a party on your birthday. Plenty of people have something else to do on their actual birthday, plus if they have all their out of town friends visiting they could through her an extra big event.

This is a good point. If they had the wedding the weekend before or after Katie's birthday, it would make it much more difficult for any out of town friends and relatives to attend both events. And no offence to Katie, but if it came down to a wedding or a birthday party, a lot of people would probably chose the wedding.  Two big events in one weekend is a lot, but it also consolidates the amount of travel time for some. 

Basically, you have a rehearsal dinner on the 4th, wedding on the 5th, and birthday party on the 6th. There's no direct crossover, and the only downside is that Josie and Kelton (most likely) won't be there for the party.  

18 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Here’s Kelton and Josie’s registry in The Knot. It says oct 5th 2018. iirc Tori’s registry had the correct date and the early oct date makes sense timeline wise so I think it’s real. 

I wonder how long the Ellen DeGeneres bedding will remain on there?

1 hour ago, janey said:

I wonder how long the Ellen DeGeneres bedding will remain on there?

I think Tori had it on hers too. The irony.

On 7/22/2018 at 2:07 PM, Carm_88 said:

Well Kelton and Josie are both finished college. I think that is the main factor. Neither Carlin or Fundie Zoolander are done. 

I am all for this, except I don't know why Gilly Jo would  approve the courtship if they were not marriage ready due to career path. This is especially since Carlin and Evan were calling each other boyfriend and girlfriend prior to courting. They could have done that pre-courting stuff until they were in a marrying position. Plus, several of the Bates kids married before finishing school, Tori being the latest. Tori was suspected pregnant at graduation. 

I think either Evan deemed himself not ready for whatever personal reason or Gilly Jo prevented it because of something they saw of concern. It could be a mixture of both.

I always wonder if they schedule wedding's around the bride's monthly cycle in order to promote "Honeymoon Babies"

57 minutes ago, FaithAndReason said:

I always wonder if they schedule wedding's around the bride's monthly cycle in order to promote "Honeymoon Babies"

Or avoid having their period on their wedding night.

• VaSportsMom locked this topic

Archived