IGNORED

Josie and Kelton 1: Here We Go Again

Coconut Flan

On 7/26/2018 at 8:16 AM, Ivycoveredtower said:

He worked at some type of scrap yard but seems to have stopped that job passing it onto Bobby (And who knows who now that Bobby moved) and he is now doing some type of house flipping with someone. 

Maybe Jackson? in the last episode they make a point of mentioned that Jackson is a hardworker following Chads footsteps (with by the way i find it hilarious that they never try to hide the fact that Gil Bates is so lazy that the only good example the kids have is Chad)

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

For what it’s worth, Carlin met Evan at a woman’s conference that her family was speaking at. Erin introduced them because she thought they would make a cute couple. Evan’s family was there to sing.

He hardly popped out of the woodwork ala Whitney at Sonic. He’s from a respectable Christian singing group and Erin hand picked him. 

What is it with Erin and being the matchmaker for her family? Didn't she also introduce her SIL Tabitha to her rapist husband? And if I remember correctly there was even more matchmaking from her side. Is that something she inherited from her mother? 

@ophelia we never got Tabitha's story so we have absolutely no idea how they met. All we know is that Tim worked as a security guard at a college and Erin was a student. We don't have any evidence that Erin even knew him before, much less introduced them.

12 hours ago, ophelia said:

What is it with Erin and being the matchmaker for her family? Didn't she also introduce her SIL Tabitha to her rapist husband? And if I remember correctly there was even more matchmaking from her side. Is that something she inherited from her mother

One episode Erin proclaimed herself the family matchmaker, it was all in fun. I don’t remember who else she said she matched up other than Carlin and Evan. Erin and her sisters were sitting in a park eating ice cream (of course) when they were chatting about it, maybe someone else remembers the episode.

On 7/24/2018 at 3:27 AM, TatiFish9 said:

I am all for this, except I don't know why Gilly Jo would  approve the courtship if they were not marriage ready due to career path. This is especially since Carlin and Evan were calling each other boyfriend and girlfriend prior to courting. They could have done that pre-courting stuff until they were in a marrying position. Plus, several of the Bates kids married before finishing school, Tori being the latest. Tori was suspected pregnant at graduation. 

I think either Evan deemed himself not ready for whatever personal reason or Gilly Jo prevented it because of something they saw of concern. It could be a mixture of both.

I honestly think at least part of it is because of Carlin's personality - I think she is the type who would have just found a way to sneak behind Gil and Kelly's backs if they didn't let her have the "special friend", so by letting her "pre-court" or whatever, it was their way of getting some form of control over it, and control is everything to these parents who seem to think their adult children having sex outside of wedlock is the worst thing they could ever do.

That does make a lot of sense. One thing I can give to the Bates, they can be cagey about making things work for both themselves and their kids. They throw them a few bones.

On a side not, I often wonder if other high profile fundies are jealous of the Duggars and the Bates. Like why them? They've done nothing so special and differently, yet they are famous.

On 7/27/2018 at 8:14 AM, Seculardaisy said:

For what it’s worth, Carlin met Evan at a woman’s conference that her family was speaking at. Erin introduced them because she thought they would make a cute couple. Evan’s family was there to sing.

He hardly popped out of the woodwork ala Whitney at Sonic. He’s from a respectable Christian singing group and Erin hand picked him. 

Still a baron! Just kidding. 

Is his family ATI? Are Bobby and Kelton ATI?

18 hours ago, TeaELSee said:

One episode Erin proclaimed herself the family matchmaker, it was all in fun. I don’t remember who else she said she matched up other than Carlin and Evan. Erin and her sisters were sitting in a park eating ice cream (of course) when they were chatting about it, maybe someone else remembers the episode.

If i remember correctly she also matched Nathan and Ashley. Hope Carlin and Evan works better.

15 hours ago, llucie said:

If i remember correctly she also matched Nathan and Ashley. Hope Carlin and Evan works better.

Really? Where did you hear that?

On 7/28/2018 at 10:43 PM, TatiFish9 said:

On a side not, I often wonder if other high profile fundies are jealous of the Duggars and the Bates. Like why them? They've done nothing so special and differently, yet they are famous.

I think this is a really good questions. Especially since both families don't really seem into theology. They just chose the ATI/IBLP rule system 30 years ago and somehow got famous with it. There are a lot families out there that are actually way more holier than the Duggar/Bateses, are more into ministry etc. 

3 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

So Josie and Kelton now have a wedding website:

https://www.theknot.com/us/josie-bates-and-kelton-balka-oct-2018

I checked and that picture wasn’t posted before by either them or the photographer before.

still not entirely sure about the date but my guess is that it’s real. Also, it says that Alyssa is the Matron of honor and Bobby is the best man

They actually listed Alyssa as "maid of honor" though she would more accurately be "matron" (though I hate that term). I'm kind of surprised she didn't have Carlin or Katie as MOH, but I guess she's visited Alyssa lots of times in Florida. Clearly she'll be in pants the day she's out of Kelly Jo's house! The website looks legit though and that's a nice picture.

Josie was the one who shared a room with Alyssa separate from all the other girls right? I imagine that would have made them close. Plus I feel like they have similar personalities.

9 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

So Josie and Kelton now have a wedding website:

https://www.theknot.com/us/josie-bates-and-kelton-balka-oct-2018

I checked and that picture wasn’t posted before by either them or the photographer before.

still not entirely sure about the date but my guess is that it’s real. Also, it says that Alyssa is the Matron of honor and Bobby is the best man

Can somebody be so kind and enlighten me about the website? 

I thought it is a registry but after clicking the link it doesn’t look like it? It just seems to be a website we’re you put an announcement up.... And that leads to so many questions.....

Why would you announce your wedding on a website that isn’t yours?

Do you send a link to the people to announce? If not- why put it on a website?

Is it like reading wedding, birth, christening or death announcement in the local newspaper?

Do they assume complete strangers are interested in their wedding date? It seems rather narcissistic.

Please help!

12 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

Can somebody be so kind and enlighten me about the website? 

I thought it is a registry but after clicking the link it doesn’t look like it? It just seems to be a website we’re you put an announcement up.... And that leads to so many questions.....

Why would you announce your wedding on a website that isn’t yours?

Do you send a link to the people to announce? If not- why put it on a website?

Is it like reading wedding, birth, christening or death announcement in the local newspaper?

Do they assume complete strangers are interested in their wedding date? It seems rather narcissistic.

Please help!

The Knot is fairly popular, though not everyone uses it. It’s helpful if you have a lot of family and friends who are interested in the details of your wedding, and you’re planning to invite all of them. It’s a handy place to post stuff like directions to the church. You also write something about yourselves and your romance for people who may not have met your fiancé yet, so it’s especially helpful for people who marry after short relationships.  People know to search it for engaged couples. You can also post links to your registries, but they seem not to have done that yet. It’s easy to include a link to the Knot on a save-the-date card, or to send it electronically when people ask questions about the wedding. Probably they will add more content as the wedding approaches.

Most of my friends made a website through The Knot. They put pictures of themselves and the story about how they met on there. They also added directions to their wedding venue, info on how to tag their wedding on instagram, etc. Some even did their RSVP through the site. Less to put on the actual invitations, which can save money. I personally opted out since my husband doesn’t like to put his pics and info online, but it was cool see with my friends who’s fiancé’s I didn’t know well due to living in different parts of the country. 

8 hours ago, mstee said:

Most of my friends made a website through The Knot. They put pictures of themselves and the story about how they met on there. They also added directions to their wedding venue, info on how to tag their wedding on instagram, etc. Some even did their RSVP through the site. Less to put on the actual invitations, which can save money. I personally opted out since my husband doesn’t like to put his pics and info online, but it was cool see with my friends who’s fiancé’s I didn’t know well due to living in different parts of the country. 

On 7/30/2018 at 10:46 PM, VineHeart137 said:

Josie was the one who shared a room with Alyssa separate from all the other girls right? I imagine that would have made them close. Plus I feel like they have similar personalities.

Interesting because Josie wasn't even a bridesmaid for Alyssa (and she was for Whitney).

image.thumb.png.e8f16d86840908b9f9e8b15602aaa76f.png

Such a beautiful pic

5 minutes ago, JessaBlessa said:

Screen Shot 2018-08-03 at 8.16.23 PM.png

That’s a short and tight jean skirt compared to your typical below the knee jean skirt they are supposed to wear. 

Josie will be wearing jeans on her honeymoon.

I see Josie taking tips from the unmarried trio.

#Batesbedefrauding

I agree @JermajestyDuggar, Josie is going mainstream conservative Christian once the doors shut behind her days at the big house. Just like Alyssa. 

Alyssa is Josie's sister mom. Their relationship reminds me of Jill and Joy Anna. Strong attachment beyond the childhood years, closer to mother daughter than sisters. Wonder how Katie felt about the choice or was it expected. 

14 hours ago, TatiFish9 said:

Alyssa is Josie's sister mom. Their relationship reminds me of Jill and Joy Anna. Strong attachment beyond the childhood years, closer to mother daughter than sisters. Wonder how Katie felt about the choice or was it expected. 

Or could Josie have a maid and matron combo, like Tori did with Carlin and Erin?

• VaSportsMom locked this topic

Archived