IGNORED

Josie and Kelton 1: Here We Go Again

Coconut Flan

On 6/25/2018 at 11:02 AM, nausicaa said:

You think she'd be savvy enough to space them out a bit more though. Carlin is the last girl of marriageable age for a while. The boys' weddings just aren't going to bring in as much attention (except maybe Lawson's). Once Katie is married (next year is my guess) the only "events" for the show will be babies, which people will get tired of after a while. 

I'm going to say that Lawson and Nathan will be a big draw. Lawson because the leg humpers are in love and Nathan because he's had his heart broken. 

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/26/2018 at 12:02 AM, nausicaa said:

You think she'd be savvy enough to space them out a bit more though. Carlin is the last girl of marriageable age for a while. The boys' weddings just aren't going to bring in as much attention (except maybe Lawson's). Once Katie is married (next year is my guess) the only "events" for the show will be babies, which people will get tired of after a while. 

Do you think that potentially they may be holding Carlin and Evan off to draw out potential story lines (as well as a myriad of other reasons)? Chances are that Katie may not have met her "special friend" yet, or may not even be interested at this point in time, maybe she thinks the blokes that Tori, Carlin and Josie are with are colossal douches and she's pulling a Jana Duggar and being a little more selective in who she decides to marry, although I have yet to see a Bates husband show real cause for concern as to marriage selection (I'm looking at you D-Wreck).

I 100% agree that the boys weddings just aren't going to have the draw that the girls have, although I disagree about Lawsons bringing more attention than Nathans. I think that based on the "He's been heartbroken and has now found true love" angle that they will sell for it Nathan will get more attention. It will also fit into their narrative of "I'm so glad that I never got physical and gave away pieces of my heart before this". I feel like Lawsons will be underwhelming, I feel like a fundie girl wouldn't suit him. Once he marries a fundie girl he is pinned down to one location and not chasing his dreams any longer, marrying a non-fundie girl (even if she is conservative christian) there is greater scope for him to remain the country music gospel singer that he is because they would be more open to having a job of their own.

After Katie is married they may start going down the path of featuring the married childrens lives more, like the Duggars were forced decided to do after Joshgate. Especially the ones like Lawson and Nathan, Nathan is training as a pilot to do mission work if that works out for him what's the bet they send cameras with him to do that for an episode or two?

Never heard of it. Where did you get it from?

2 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

Didn't FJ mention Evan having and ex girlfriend??

No, Kelton is the one who is rumored to have a previous girlfriend. There was this photo of him alone with a blonde girl (not his sister). But the rumour is fake, the girl seems to be his cousin.

I also have heard rumours on Carlin having a previous boyfriend (maybe a Duggar) but nothing about Evan.

2 hours ago, llucie said:

No, Kelton is the one who is rumored to have a previous girlfriend. There was this photo of him alone with a blonde girl (not his sister). But the rumour is fake, the girl seems to be his cousin.

I also have heard rumours on Carlin having a previous boyfriend (maybe a Duggar) but nothing about Evan.

The Carlin rumor was that she and Joseph where in a "get to know you" stage, but back then I thought he was in that stage with Tori. I think he went to Crown to try to court a Bates. 

6 hours ago, llucie said:

Kelton did have an ex gf - PCC girl that he dated in early 2016 (see her FB profile pictures below). No clue how long they dated for but I guess it was during his and Josie's break? 

Screen Shot 2018-06-27 at 6.56.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-27 at 6.56.18 PM.png

It’s almost (but not really) shocking to see social media evidence of them being so physically close to another person of the other sex. They make such a to-do of the specialness of not touching that Kelton looks as if he’s almost having an affair there. Fundies warp one’s perspectives.

1 hour ago, eleanora3 said:

Kelton did have an ex gf - PCC girl that he dated in early 2016 (see her FB profile pictures below). No clue how long they dated for but I guess it was during his and Josie's break? 

Screen Shot 2018-06-27 at 6.56.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-27 at 6.56.18 PM.png

Oh wow i did search in his facebook, but not so far back, i found the one with the cousin and asumed it was that. Its surprising that he had a girlfriend when they have sell in the show that he was so in love with Josie for a long time and how he waited for her lol

He looks far more relaxed with the former girlfriend. I know it's difficult to judge by just 2 pictures, but I wonder if Bates *fame* makes him looking tense in his pictures with Josie. I mean, the fact he knows the pictures are going to be published around.

Maybe he didn't have ridiculous restrictions with this other girl? They may have even *gasp* kissed? 

Why do I feel like I've lost pieces of my heart, seeing him with a girl that's not Josie? Damn you Bates!

Sorry if I am being a bit slow, but while those pictures seem to indicate that they were a couple- they could have been just friends.....

Not that it matters, but do we have any proof? Right now, all I see are two young people smiling and the captions and comments don’t state anything.

Now, if he dated/had a girlfriend it would definitely tell a slightly different story than what they want us to believe.

3 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

Sorry if I am being a bit slow, but while those pictures seem to indicate that they were a couple- they could have been just friends.....

Considering Christian fundamentalist beliefs - I'm thinking about Christians who adhere to a courtship system - on socializing with the other sex, and the emphasis on the well-known Christian Side Hug (CSH) even between siblings, I don't think that two people of the opposite sex who are "just friends" are allowed to sit/stand that closely to each other or touch each other like that. So, based on how they would likely perceive "normal" contact between friends of the opposite sex to be, I think a picture like this most likely indicates that these two people are (or well, were) more than friends. Can you imagine the moral outrage of fundies if a boy and a girl who are not in a courship/engagement/getting-to-know-you fase would touch bodies like this? In their eyes these two people are probably "basically having sex!!!!!" (Even though for normal people this is a perfectly normal picture, both for couples and friends).

On 6/25/2018 at 6:56 PM, catlady said:

i was annoyed, too, when i read that he surprised her at work.  because, you know, her *job*.  

many years ago Mr. CL attempted to surprise me with a trip.  at the time, i was working full time M-F plus a second job on the weekends at a small family-owned motel.  he arranged a Sat-Sun overnight with show tickets in Toronto (we lived outside Buffalo).  but he didn't take into account my employers' annual convention, which meant they'd be several states away the same weekend.  thus i had to work the morning shift, 7 to 3, both Sat and Sun, and there wasn't enough other staff to cover my absence.  Mr. CL presented me with the trip three days in advance.  the show tickets were non-refundable.  so we went.  the border was busy so the normally-90-minute drive took over 2 hours.  by the time we checked into the hotel, we had less than 2 hours to change, find a place for dinner, and get to the theater.  then i had to wake up shortly after 4 so we could get dressed and leave in time for me to open the motel office at 7.  i won't say the trip sucked, but the whole thing seemed like a waste because we were in Canada for about 14 hours.  my rambling point is that in the real world, surprise trips seldom work as well as intended.

Mr Way is Australian and one christmas many years ago when I thought he seemed especially homesick I got us tickets to visit his family. I cleared it with his boss before I booked so she had plenty of time to find someone to fill in for him. 

Just taking someone from work without clearing it before and make sure it works for bosses, colleauges and customers is just rude though. 

3 hours ago, Marly said:

Considering Christian fundamentalist beliefs - I'm thinking about Christians who adhere to a courtship system - on socializing with the other sex, and the emphasis on the well-known Christian Side Hug (CSH) even between siblings, I don't think that two people of the opposite sex who are "just friends" are allowed to sit/stand that closely to each other or touch each other like that. So, based on how they would likely perceive "normal" contact between friends of the opposite sex to be, I think a picture like this most likely indicates that these two people are (or well, were) more than friends. Can you imagine the moral outrage of fundies if a boy and a girl who are not in a courship/engagement/getting-to-know-you fase would touch bodies like this? In their eyes these two people are probably "basically having sex!!!!!" (Even though for normal people this is a perfectly normal picture, both for couples and friends).

All true but I thought that Kelton and his family while for sure conservative Christians aren’t exactly the kind of side-hugging Duggar crazy Christians.

It doesn’t matter in the end. If he had the freedom to have another relationship good for him. Isn’t that what we wish for all those kids/teens and young adults.

55 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

All true but I thought that Kelton and his family while for sure conservative Christians aren’t exactly the kind of side-hugging Duggar crazy Christians.

It doesn’t matter in the end. If he had the freedom to have another relationship good for him. Isn’t that what we wish for all those kids/teens and young adults.

Althought i think there is nothing wrong if he dated previously, i think that lying saying he waited for Josie for years until she was 18 so they could court because he was so in love with her is wrong. And i hope she knows its not true, and he is not lying to her also.

On 6/26/2018 at 5:55 PM, AlltheJs said:

Do you think that potentially they may be holding Carlin and Evan off to draw out potential story lines (as well as a myriad of other reasons)? Chances are that Katie may not have met her "special friend" yet, or may not even be interested at this point in time, maybe she thinks the blokes that Tori, Carlin and Josie are with are colossal douches and she's pulling a Jana Duggar and being a little more selective in who she decides to marry, although I have yet to see a Bates husband show real cause for concern as to marriage selection.

They said in the last show that Carlin is now taking online classes so she can finish her degree faster and get married, because once she and Evan marry she's moving to Nashville.

And just a reminder, we don't know that Jana Duggar is "pulling a Jana Duggar". I feel like lots of people here assume that just because she's been single longer than her sisters she's turning away loads of boys she likes just fine, and her sisters all married the very first guy who showed interest (ok, Joy might've, but that's just because she married as a teen). I find the "she could find someone tomorrow if she wanted" thing strange in that most women could be dating someone new by next week if they completely erased their standards, but we don't look at most single people's prospects that way.

3 hours ago, llucie said:

Althought i think there is nothing wrong if he dated previously, i think that lying saying he waited for Josie for years until she was 18 so they could court because he was so in love with her is wrong. And i hope she knows its not true, and he is not lying to her also.

I think calling Kelton a liar is kinda over the top. He was at college all of those years.  I seriously doubt he committed to never dating or talking with other girls.

I thought they just decided to stay friends since neither her or her parents were ready for her to have a serious relationship yet.  As far as lying to Josie,  these pictures of Kelton with "the other woman" were on his instagram.  It doesn't look like he was hiding them.  

7 minutes ago, sparrow said:

How did Kelton meet Josie?

I think they said somewhere that his sister Ariana was Erin’s piano student

I have to say, I’m shocked to see Kelton with a potential previous girlfriend. I feel like they have really painted a picture on BUB that Kelton spent his time at college pining solely for Josie.

4 hours ago, Naughty&nice said:

I think calling Kelton a liar is kinda over the top. He was at college all of those years.  I seriously doubt he committed to never dating or talking with other girls.

I thought they just decided to stay friends since neither her or her parents were ready for her to have a serious relationship yet.  As far as lying to Josie,  these pictures of Kelton with "the other woman" were on his instagram.  It doesn't look like he was hiding them.  

Maybe it was not Kelton choice to lie, but the Bates family to paint a perfect picture in the show that is not real. But he should not have allowed it because the one that looks bad in this is him.

• VaSportsMom locked this topic

Archived