IGNORED

Josie and Kelton 1: Here We Go Again

Coconut Flan

She could do it that way. I've been to several weddings where there was a matron and maid. I was thinking to do the same for my wedding but decide against it. Right now she only has Alyssa's name on website.

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bates family posted a birthday message for Josie. One of the pics show the full range of the dress she wore for her professional engagement shoot. Sheer bottom AND a split on the front. Well...go 'head, Josie?

20180804_215302.png

I wonder who edits the site. They still have Alyssa as maid instead of matron. The Evan blunder is funny.

No Nathan or Lawson? Looks like she will have a (considerably) small wedding party. I can appreciate that.

I believe Makayla is her best friend from school.

Bobby is best man over his brother? Interesting.

I guessed Alyssa as her maid of honor back in April, I am ashamed I knew enough to guess that.

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Makayla is a friend from school? Does that mean she’s not fundie? I hope so. 

I’ll give you a clue...the ‘school’ is Crown... 

1 minute ago, BlessaYourHeart said:

I’ll give you a clue...the ‘school’ is Crown... 

Hahahaha! I totally forgot she went to Crown and not a mainstream beauty school! How could I forget!? Lol. I need more coffee. Let’s hope she makes friends with her non fundie coworkers. 

Crown beauty school must be so different than regular beauty school. All my friends that have gone to regular have 17 different hair colors in the time they are there, and more cuts.  I just imagine there’s a lot more “curling long hair like daddy / hubby likes it” and “trimming the hair of the 37394938 little boys you have” at Crown.

1 hour ago, PurpleCats said:

Crown beauty school must be so different than regular beauty school. All my friends that have gone to regular have 17 different hair colors in the time they are there, and more cuts.  I just imagine there’s a lot more “curling long hair like daddy / hubby likes it” and “trimming the hair of the 37394938 little boys you have” at Crown.

Remember Erin’s comment a long time ago about green hair? I imagine a lot of fundies feel that way about “unnatural hair colors.” 

I knew she was close with Alyssa but I thought Carlin would be MOH.

I like that the party is fairly small.

3 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I knew she was close with Alyssa but I thought Carlin would be MOH.

I like that the party is fairly small.

Maybe Josie didn't want to listen to Carlin go on & on about how jealous she is like she did at Tori's wedding. She's still a bridesmaid, but she won't have as much of the spotlight on her since she isn't the MOH. 

10 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Uh oh! Kelton is kissing her head! 

B4A678F3-DAF6-420C-B2CE-2066A943D8C9.jpeg

NIKE 

she is beautiful though! 

Looks like Josie is already making money by advertising products on her Instagram. She really ought to disclose this fact unless she wants to get in trouble (same with Alyssa!).

20 hours ago, JoylessAnna said:

@TatiFish9 and company: JElton updated the bridal party on their wedding website. Awkward that Evan’s name is spelled incorrectly.

AA113C7C-F8CC-47F1-A2EA-672147B7DC03.thumb.jpeg.1856d8d9358d4c13e656dff8775226cf.jpeg

Maybe is another Evan, surname Stuart, is a pretty common name.

3 hours ago, llg1234 said:

Maybe Josie didn't want to listen to Carlin go on & on about how jealous she is like she did at Tori's wedding. She's still a bridesmaid, but she won't have as much of the spotlight on her since she isn't the MOH. 

I'm going to say that maybe she thought if Carlin got engaged at some point before the wedding, that would be a lot of extra stress for Carlin--putting together the stuff the MOH does and then freaking about her own wedding..
And maybe she doesn't want to put Tori in that scenario either--only instead of a wedding, mostly being really pregnant at the nuptials.???

4 hours ago, BlessaYourHeart said:

Uh oh! Kelton is kissing her head

Isn’t this a big deal?  Maybe, (I hope) these 2 took it seriously when they were told they could set their own guidelines.

7 hours ago, TeaELSee said:

Isn’t this a big deal?  Maybe, (I hope) these 2 took it seriously when they were told they could set their own guidelines.

I think it is...others may disagree. As far as I know this is the first time we’ve seen something like this from a Bates kidult 

9 hours ago, TeaELSee said:

I think there’s been an overall trend of less rigorous courtship rules. There have been a lot of instances. 

Olivia Meggs and Ethan Plath kissed in their engagement pictures although Olivia’s older brother didn’t do that in his courtship. 

John Morton and Campbell Roberts kissed at their engagement although many of the Morton older siblings didn’t kiss until marriage. 

The Duggar and Bates courtships seem more touchy feely these days compared to the first few courtships (although Zach did kiss Whit before their wedding). They just seem more huggy and touchy overall. 

Personally I think part of it is Josh Harris’s book being partially denounced by him and falling out of favor with fundies in general. Some of it may be parents getting older and not feeling so zealous about courtship rules and not caring if they let it slide. Another part might be seeing some marriages completely fail when they did everything perfectly according to the courtship rules. 

Whatever the reasoning, I think it’s a good thing. 

The future lil blessing is going to love climbing up the brown draperies pictured in nursery #1

35 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

The future lil blessing is going to love climbing up the brown draperies pictured in nursery #1

And swing in the plant in nursery #3

2 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

So, Josie pinned 3 nurseries for her home board....

Girl, at least wait until you’re pregnant!

No kidding!

i thought the wall hanging on the top right said Elliot Nope

• VaSportsMom locked this topic

Archived