IGNORED

Josie and Kelton 1: Here We Go Again

Coconut Flan

OMG.  Talk about putting the cart before the horse. 

I LOVE the Elliot Nope nursery, though.  That is gorgeous.  The beaded chandelier is so pretty.   Josie's style is very boho chic, and that is my jam.

Climbable drapes next to a crib, however Pinterest-y cute they might be, seem ill-advised.

I remember how much fun I had putting my kids' nurseries together, but I can't imagine planning them before I was married.  

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I planned nurseries since I knew that having children was something I wanted- so maybe since I was fifteen. It is like planning your wedding without having a partner yet.

In Josie‘s case- Provided there are no problems she will need the board soon enough. We should embrace ourselves for a pregnancy announcement rather than dreaming that she will continue to work full time. My guess is she will still do hair at home and maybe start working part time in a salon later again. I have no doubt that they will starting their family straight away (as many married couples do- at least she is trained, has work experience and can fall back into it).

I really like the styles she choose (even though my taste is different). A nursery is mostly for the parents- so before the baby is able to stand up and grab things there is no problem with lots of decorating (not talking about a baby in a cod full of stuffed animals or cusions-  but most people use them just to decorate the cod when it’s empty. Too much of a hassle for me but you do you). When children expand their active space most of those rooms change and get adapted to the child’s new skills.

On 8/3/2018 at 7:29 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

That’s a short and tight jean skirt compared to your typical below the knee jean skirt they are supposed to wear. 

Josie will be wearing jeans on her honeymoon.

Apparently that's Alyssa's skirt, lol. 

Spoiler

b.thumb.png.a676c271801a320cbace84f85ebb6fde.png

15 minutes ago, lizzybee said:

Apparently that's Alyssa's skirt, lol. 

Hide contents

b.thumb.png.a676c271801a320cbace84f85ebb6fde.png

I’m so not surprised! She will be dressing just like Alyssa the day after they are married!

I googled the salon where Josie works. There’s 12 different salons under the same company. They also offer spa services. I’m guessing it’s secular since it offers bikini waxes and the like 

Tori will be heavily pregnant by then i guess (the OP who was surprised she wasnt on the list). I would not have picked Carlin though, she was bad enough at Bori's wedding but eh not my wedding either. Also throwing it out there because there really isnt anywhere logical to randomly post this but Katie Bates is deadset gorgeous and a little bit of a chameleon - she seems to look like different sisters at different times. By far the prettiest bates lass (sorry Jos youre a close second) and her instagram feed has got some great pics!

13 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Josie has a new insta for her salon work. 

https://www.instagram.com/hair_by_josieb/

Smart girl! I hope she goes at least part time once she has her chickadies. I think Whitney can be a good influence on her in ways that Alyssa can not simply because Whitney was not raised fundie. 

@HurricaneBells I agree with your post especially about Katie. She is turning out to be quite the surprise. But Carlin is an expected choice for bridesmaid. She is needed for tv ratings and there would be major speculation if she wasn't chosen. Plus they're still at home together. 

However, in looking at old pictures, I noticed Michael was not one of Erin's bridesmaids. Is that correct? In pics Michael was wearing regular clothes and holding babies. I wonder why she was not included. Her parents may have forced her to be baby sitter. But I can't imagine if Erin really wanted her, they would say no. Then again that was intermittent  tv days. Who knows how this family really does stuff. Just thought it was interesting.

1 hour ago, TatiFish9 said:

However, in looking at old pictures, I noticed Michael was not one of Erin's bridesmaids. Is that correct? In pics Michael was wearing regular clothes and holding babies. I wonder why she was not included. Her parents may have forced her to be baby sitter. But I can't imagine if Erin really wanted her, they would say no. Then again that was intermittent  tv days. Who knows how this family really does stuff. Just thought it was interesting.

If I recall correctly, Kelly said that Michael didn't want to be a bridesmaid, as she was too shy. Erin asked her but supposedly Michael preferred to stay in the background and just make the dresses for everyone else, and of course as usual she was around herding the little kids. (Funny enough, one of the flower girls started crying when it was time to walk down the aisle and Michael ended up walking down with her, so she sort of took part anyway.)

Needless to say though, take anything Kelly says with a grain of salt. Michael was in Alyssa's wedding less than a year later, so I have no clue what changed, if she just overcame her shyness or what.

7 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

If I recall correctly, Kelly said that Michael didn't want to be a bridesmaid, as she was too shy. Erin asked her but supposedly Michael preferred to stay in the background and just make the dresses for everyone else, and of course as usual she was around herding the little kids. (Funny enough, one of the flower girls started crying when it was time to walk down the aisle and Michael ended up walking down with her, so she sort of took part anyway.)

Needless to say though, take anything Kelly says with a grain of salt. Michael was in Alyssa's wedding less than a year later, so I have no clue what changed, if she just overcame her shyness or what.

I think it had to do with Brandon. during Erin's wedding Micheal was still dealing with loving Brandon and thinking he didn't even know she existed. he would ask to court her I believe around Christmas that year. she had told her parents it was Brandon or no one so I can see her having no cofidence and thinking she would never marry at the Cherin wedding. by the Alyssa/John wedding she was in full courtship and new she would get her happily ever after not just watch her sisters get theirs. 

13 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

Michael was in Alyssa's wedding less than a year later, so I have no clue what changed

Kelly said that it was because Alyssa wouldn't take no for an answer.

7 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I think it had to do with Brandon. during Erin's wedding Micheal was still dealing with loving Brandon and thinking he didn't even know she existed. he would ask to court her I believe around Christmas that year. she had told her parents it was Brandon or no one so I can see her having no cofidence and thinking she would never marry at the Cherin wedding. by the Alyssa/John wedding she was in full courtship and new she would get her happily ever after not just watch her sisters get theirs. 

I hadn't thought about the timeline, this makes sense!

33 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Kelly said that it was because Alyssa wouldn't take no for an answer.

And I can also see this being true lol.

On 8/8/2018 at 12:37 AM, HurricaneBells said:

Tori will be heavily pregnant by then i guess (the OP who was surprised she wasnt on the list). I would not have picked Carlin though, she was bad enough at Bori's wedding but eh not my wedding either. 

True...but I still think it's surprising to leave Tori out. Bobby is the best man, Josie was Tori's bridesmaid very recently, and Tori's the only sister between Alyssa and Katie who's being left out. It seems like a glaring omission.

I thought Kelly said they wanted Michael in Alyssa's wedding to get her used to the spotlight for her own eventual wedding?  Maybe she can't even get her own stories straight?

2 hours ago, eleanora3 said:

True...but I still think it's surprising to leave Tori out. Bobby is the best man, Josie was Tori's bridesmaid very recently, and Tori's the only sister between Alyssa and Katie who's being left out. It seems like a glaring omission.

Tori's going to be pretty pregnant by the wedding. Pregnant bridesmaids are super common in fundieland, but maybe Tori doesn't want to deal with it. She doesn't seem to enjoy being on stage, anyways. 

20 hours ago, eleanora3 said:

I agree that it would be strange if Josie hadn't asked Tori. But I think the more likely scenario is that Josie asked her and Tori politely declined because she doesn't want to be a bridesmaid at 47 weeks pregnant. I know that heavily pregnant bridesmaids are the rule rather than the exception in fundieland, but if Tori just didn't want to do it, then more power to her!

On 8/7/2018 at 5:37 PM, Ivycoveredtower said:

Josie has a new insta for her salon work. 

https://www.instagram.com/hair_by_josieb/

Josie's profile pic for this account features a sleeveless, mid-thigh dress.  I remember Kelly saying once that sleeves were a must, but I guess their modesty standards continue to evolve. 

At least the girls aren't still in frumpers while Trace gets to go around in a normal bathing suit. 

18 minutes ago, lumpentheologie said:

Josie's profile pic for this account features a sleeveless, mid-thigh dress.  I remember Kelly saying once that sleeves were a must, but I guess their modesty standards continue to evolve. 

At least the girls aren't still in frumpers while Trace gets to go around in a normal bathing suit. 

I’m wondering if that’s her bathing suit (dress really). She’s on a boat in the picture. 

45 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m wondering if that’s her bathing suit (dress really). She’s on a boat in the picture. 

It could be but also Josie is starting to push the line just look at this outfit she wore after the engagement

10 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

It could be but also Josie is starting to push the line just look at this outfit she wore after the engagement

She definitely has been. I’m sure she will dress like Alyssa after marriage. If it is a swim dress, it’s way better looking than those silly modest ware swim sacks they and the Duggars used to wear.

Their noses have to be touching here. It’s hilarious how these two are really skirting the “no kissing” rule. First Kelton kisses her head and then they get so close they touch noses. There will definitely be some younger Bates children kissing before marriage. 20 years from now, Kelly and Gil will be older and won’t give a fuck if Jeb kisses a bunch of girl’s before marriage. Well actually they probably just won’t know.

82EB1D69-18C0-47C7-AE4B-51C1A8EDB011.jpeg

30 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Their noses have to be touching here. It’s hilarious how these two are really skirting the “no kissing” rule. First Kelton kisses her head and then they get so close they touch noses. There will definitely be some younger Bates children kissing before marriage. 20 years from now, Kelly and Gil will be older and won’t give a fuck if Jeb kisses a bunch of girl’s before marriage. Well actually they probably just won’t know.

82EB1D69-18C0-47C7-AE4B-51C1A8EDB011.jpeg

callie-Anna is going to give them a run for their money I can see it now 

• VaSportsMom locked this topic

Archived