IGNORED

Josie and Kelton 1: Here We Go Again

Coconut Flan

3 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

callie-Anna is going to give them a run for their money I can see it now 

I hope so. I hope that when almost all the older kids are out of the house and busy running their own lives, the last 3 or 4 Bates kids give Gil and Kelly hell. 

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

No date yet? I'm just trying to avoid sharing my birthday with a fundie lol,

Will you change your birthday if it's the same day?:pb_lol:

has anybody brought up the other picks Jolton have on their wedding website, yet? The ones that are very obviously from a few years back, probably form that initial "crush" phase when she was way too young for a real relationship, that we we always speculate about....lol. They do look like normal teenagers, though. That's nice. 

On 8/7/2018 at 2:37 PM, Ivycoveredtower said:

Josie has a new insta for her salon work. 

https://www.instagram.com/hair_by_josieb/

I give her kudos for getting a job and working outside the home but yikes do I not like that style she did for the bride. The curls looks limp and the braid doesn't fit with the curls. I hope the bride liked it but it just looks sad and droopy to me.

3 hours ago, artdecades said:

I give her kudos for getting a job and working outside the home but yikes do I not like that style she did for the bride. The curls looks limp and the braid doesn't fit with the curls. I hope the bride liked it but it just looks sad and droopy to me.

If the braid were slightly higher up on her head and had been pulled out a bit to create volume (I watch waaaayyyyy too many Kayley Melissa tutorials), I think it would have worked. As for the curls, I pretty much only heat-style my hair on special occasions and when I get my hair cut and they blow dry it, so I'm pretty clueless when it comes to using a curling iron, but I feel like you'd get those limp curls if you were going for soft/afraid of it looking all Shirley Temple, or if it looked OK in the salon but then taking lots of photos outside in the heat made things start to wilt and droop. I know that my hair, no matter how much sea salt spray and dry shampoo I blast at it, always ends up looking like Anton Chigurh from No Country For Old Men after like 90 minutes if it's more than 70 degrees outside. 

I feel like nearly all the fundie bridal hair is underwhelming. I think it’s because all of them are desperately in need of a good trim. It’s typically too long, too scraggly, frizzy or limp & flat from the weight of all that hair. 

** With exception of Jessa Seawald. That girl just has a beautiful head hair. 

I am now thinking about Joy Anna’s wedding hair. That was so tragic. 

I looked at this girls insta and her hair seems naturally thick, wavy, and full of volume. Makes the limp sad mess sadder. 

10 hours ago, Joyfully Available said:

I feel like nearly all the fundie bridal hair is underwhelming. I think it’s because all of them are desperately in need of a good trim. It’s typically too long, too scraggly, frizzy or limp & flat from the weight of all that hair. 

** With exception of Jessa Seawald. That girl just has a beautiful head hair. 

That bride is definitely not fundie. She has a -gasp!- tattoo!!!

23 minutes ago, Azryhael said:

That bride is definitely not fundie. She has a -gasp!- tattoo!!!

hey maybe Tattoo's will be the new fundy thing I mean Jill Duggar Dillard did get her nose pierced why not a tattoo. :laughing-rollingyellow:

Did anyone else notice that her profile pic in the new instagram she's wearing a sleeveless and pretty far above the knee dress! Pretty crazy to see a non-married Bates ditching some of the dress codes. Plus the shirt in the second pic with the bride she's wearing a top that has a big cutout on the chest. 

11 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

hey maybe Tattoo's will be the new fundy thing I mean Jill Duggar Dillard did get her nose pierced why not a tattoo. :laughing-rollingyellow:

I wouldn’t be a bit surprised. We actually have a very “trendy” church here. Lots of younger people & hipster types attend. The congregation is filled with big beards, bold hair colors & huge tattoos.

I always thought tattoos were a biblical “no no” but what do I know I guess... 

** I personally have nothing against tattoos, big beards or bold hair colors!!

17 hours ago, LillyP said:

Did anyone else notice that her profile pic in the new instagram she's wearing a sleeveless and pretty far above the knee dress! Pretty crazy to see a non-married Bates ditching some of the dress codes. Plus the shirt in the second pic with the bride she's wearing a top that has a big cutout on the chest. 

It was discussed briefly on the previous page.  I thought it was interesting too! :smile:

8 hours ago, Joyfully Available said:

I wouldn’t be a bit surprised. We actually have a very “trendy” church here. Lots of younger people & hipster types attend. The congregation is filled with big beards, bold hair colors & huge tattoos.

I always thought tattoos were a biblical “no no” but what do I know I guess... 

** I personally have nothing against tattoos, big beards or bold hair colors!!

I call them hipster fundies. They dress like hipsters but they have very little in common with actual hipsters. They are the types to have bible verses as tattoos. 

On 8/12/2018 at 8:39 PM, Ivycoveredtower said:

hey maybe Tattoo's will be the new fundy thing

Oh it already it. Just check out Miss Raquel who has all sorts of tattoos. 

17 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

Jolton's (is that the portmanteau we're going with?) wedding website now features the history of their relationship, as told by Kelton.

https://www.theknot.com/us/josie-bates-and-kelton-balka-oct-2018

Parts of that history (both the introduction and the breakup part and pining) are a little...odd...in tone. Kelton comes across in a rather unflattering and entitled way to me. He may really love Josie, but that story as written might not be the *best* way to show that to the world.

27 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

Jolton's (is that the portmanteau we're going with?) wedding website now features the history of their relationship, as told by Kelton.

https://www.theknot.com/us/josie-bates-and-kelton-balka-oct-2018

Okay I had to laugh at the pumping iron part but I actually felt really bad for him when he was talking about having to listen to Bobby go on about Tori. 

2 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Okay I had to laugh at the pumping iron part but I actually felt really bad for him when he was talking about having to listen to Bobby go on about Tori. 

I agree with you there. If you're unhappily broken up from the person who helped you set up her sister with your friend and your friend is still happily dating that sister, I can see, even if you're happy for them, why you would want him to "STOP TALKING ABOUT IT AROUND ME"!

Welp i hope his ex-girlfriend doesnt read that, it must be hard to swallow that when they were together he was in love with Josie the whole time (and also the fact he has deleted her existence from his narrative).

10 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I actually felt really bad for him when he was talking about having to listen to Bobby go on about Tori. 

But really, what was Bobby supposed to do? Pretend he wasn't in a relationship with Tori? It is natural when you are friends to talk about the person you are falling in love with. And if it was too hard for Kelton to hear about his friend being in a happy relationship he should have just talked to Bobby about it. But at the same time, doing so would mean that Bobby would have to make sure he never shared anything with Kelton about a big part of his life, which would have put a big damper on his friendship. 

every time he talked about Tori, it made me feel rejected by Josie. 

Wasn't Josie still in highschool at this point? It seems like he had a really difficult time being happy for Bobby since the person he liked had rejected him. 

And it is weird how he has rewritten the story to exclude the fact that he dated someone else. 

I found the story of us to be weird because it is totally one sided. Normally the story is from both sides or a shared account. 

Other than that I felt it to be genuine and heartfelt. I can admire when fundies admit Christians are not perfect. He was hurt, rejected and most likely envious. Then he took wisdom from his dad and got over it. Turned out to be a great decision for him.

I think he left space in there to include the ex when he mentioned he went on with his life for awhile.

I thought it was interesting that Tori isnt one of Josie's bridesmaids.

Also was Evan just included out of pitty? Or is it a different Evan, since the last name is spelled incorrectly???

If a college student went after my teen daugher wanting her number, to text, be her best friend and enter a serious relationship with and then didn't seem to understand why we, her parents, said no way, I would warn my daughter about that guy. 

He was jealous and angry because parents of a 16 year old who only believe in dating with the intent of marriage said that they didn't want an adult contacting their daughter? He couldn't understand that and God had to work on his heart to get him to the point he could forgive the Bates?

47 minutes ago, BunnyBee said:

I thought it was interesting that Tori isnt one of Josie's bridesmaids.

Also was Evan just included out of pitty? Or is it a different Evan, since the last name is spelled incorrectly???

Tori will be almost 9 months pregnant by the time of the wedding, it would be weird in other circustances, but i just think its because of the pregnancy.

• VaSportsMom locked this topic

Archived