IGNORED

Jana 6: What's in Store for 2018?

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

But she's not entirely doing the selecting, Boob is too. I guess I just don't see how still living under your parents thumb at age 30 while sharing a bedroom with your grade school age sisters is a better position at all. 

Better being a relative word, of course. But yeah the girls who married as teenagers, imagine their life at 30? Hordes of kids, no possibility of divorce if their headship is awful, no end in sight to the perpetual pregnancies, likely financial difficulties, and entirely stuck for decades and decades and decades to come. Heaven help them if one of them comes down with postpartum depression or has a high risk pregnancy or child with time consuming and costly special needs.

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We don't know a lot about Jana's day to day life. We see the little bits that they show us via instagram/facebook and we know what we have seen from the show both past and present. Other than that, we have no idea about Jana. 

2 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Other than that, we have no idea about Jana. 

So true! Maybe that's why Jana intrigues me (and many others) so much.  We only know about her by the few things here and there we see/hear about her.  She really was never a huge part of the show (other than being a sister mom in scenes where we literally did not see J'chelle), and to me always seems a bit more uncomfortable being in the spotlight than her sisters. But I totally agree, we really don't know that much about her!

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Kelsey said:

Did we ever find out what Jana is doing with her building?

I don't think so. A reverse address search still shows the tattoo parlor (which according to their FB is in a new location) and there is no visible signage or even changes to the building on the Google street-view from June 2017.

Jana is no longer on the county tax rolls. Hasn't been for a while; I can't even remember the last time I did a Duggar check, but it's been some months. 

10 hours ago, marmalade said:

Jana is no longer on the county tax rolls. Hasn't been for a while; I can't even remember the last time I did a Duggar check, but it's been some months. 

Yes she is, the taxes were paid in October 2017.

I want to know more about Jana, but recently realized she may not want to be a reality star. She was born into it but doesn't mean she needs to divulge the nuances of her life like some of her family members who love it more. I bet her life is more interesting than she lets on. She seems kinda spunky.

If one day she decides to share, it will be exciting for sure.

This could be me projecting, but I don't see the pained look in Jana's eyes that you see in Sarah Maxwells.  Other than JB & M (or despite them), it looks like Jana rules the roost in the Duggar household.  She has skills and the initiative to put her ideas into action (backsplash tiling, decorating, gardening, etc).

No doubt she is well aware of the burdens of childrearing as she had probably done more of that than many mothers.  I can see her choosing to have just a few children (by virtue of her age or other means) and devoting the time and attention to them that perhaps she or that she saw her siblings not have.

@mydoggoskeeper

I agree. Recently Jana has looked more alive than ever. I think she is enjoying her young adult life as there are several young adults that come by the house or stay there. She may love her work. She may one day want to leave. It's hard to tell.

I always find it a coincidence both she and her twin brother have not followed the normal fundie path of early family building. I wonder if it's a coincidence or not.

On 3/4/2018 at 10:08 AM, Bethella said:

Yes she is, the taxes were paid in October 2017.

Oops, must have skipped over her in the sea of other Duggar properties. 

Shower thought: When Josie was finally potty trained, it was probably the first time in almost 20 years that Jana was not responsible for changing diapers on the regular.  She no doubt helps her sisters out, but I can see why she why she (might) be in no hurry to get married and take up that responsibility again.  I'm exhausted for her.  

The only element that really bothers me about Jana's life, and it may not actually be true, is that since she is single, she is not considered an "adult" in her parents' home. Does she still have to take a buddy wherever she goes? Is Joy higher on the Duggar Authority Ladder than Jana? 

I really believe that Jana is still single because she prefers to be single. She's seen and done a lot of homemaking in her 28 years- Hell, she has double PhDs in motherhood and homemaking.

Many parentified daughter's don't want kids because they'e raised kids already. I don' blame Jana at all. I hope it' her choose which I think it is. Jimchelle will do anything for ratings and cash. A Jana wedding would be a big deal. It's been 8.5 years since a baby has been born. Jana has been free from taking care of a baby for the first time in her life. I just wish she can do things she wants to do. 

Jana honestly seemed so defeated well dress shopping with Kendra she was trying to be nice to Kendra's little sister but man she just seemed so over it if she could have just sat their silently or just not been there i think she would have preferred it. 

This is way old but I’m catching up on some threads and tbh if my brother got me some flowers for Valentine’s Day whether I was single or not I would think it’s really sweet. He won’t ever probably, but it would be a nice surprise 

I wonder how much Kendra's sister had pestered Jana during the lengthy dress shopping and how much entertaining of two little girls or wrangling of them Jana had already done.  Jana may have just had it with her by that point.

The camera sure "zoomed" in on that little interaction of Jana and Gracie at the wedding dress place. I was relieved to see that later in the restaurant, Jana wasn't sitting near the two younger girls (Gracie & Josie). It must be a special kind of special (ha!) to be the oldest daughter in these huge fundie families ... 

Edit; It also annoyed me to no end that Gracie was staring at Jana's phone every time Jana was on her phone.

Btw Josie also looked totally over the wedding dress shopping. It's too bad the Duggars drag little girls to these "events" ... 

Once again Michelle has been jetsetting around. Pickles has pictures of Michelle skiing in Colorado. I assume Mommy Jana is holding down the fort at home.

I really really want Jana to write the tell all!   Her perspective on all of this would be fascinating.   

On 3/14/2018 at 11:10 AM, SummerRocks said:

Btw Josie also looked totally over the wedding dress shopping. It's too bad the Duggars drag little girls to these "events" ... 

But if they didn't take them to these events how would they know what to aspire too :pb_rollseyes:

1 minute ago, Daisy0322 said:

But if they didn't take them to these events how would they know what to aspire too :pb_rollseyes:

I'll never forget that episode where Anna's kids were playing in a sandbox or something. Mackyznie said, "I never want to get out of this sandbox!" And Anna said, "Really? You never want to get married?" Like wtf woman, seriously?!

On 3/15/2018 at 12:39 PM, luv2laugh said:

Once again Michelle has been jetsetting around. Pickles has pictures of Michelle skiing in Colorado. I assume Mommy Jana is holding down the fort at home.

I don't think so - looks like the most of the family went based on Jessa's insta.

Who knows whether she wants to get married? ...but man, I bet she'd really love her own damn living space. That garden is lovely.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived