IGNORED

Jana 6: What's in Store for 2018?

Coconut Flan

3 hours ago, Suz8710 said:

I didn't see this on here yet, also from Pickles: 

IMG_0815.thumb.JPG.77a7bb6234b84767dac5bffb0b025531.JPG

If this were any other Duggar I'd not think much of it, but pictures like this are exactly why people refer to her as Cinderella Duggar. :( I can only hope for some reason she enjoys it - maybe she'd rather do it all herself then risk it not being done right (or at all) kind of thing. 

With all of the older female Duggars married, Jana probably packed all of the bags, so she's the only one who knows what they look like. As I recall, Jessa used to be the packer.

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 14/01/2018 at 11:44 AM, snickers34 said:

Did anyone see one of the snippet videos pickles posted? JB pointed out that it's Jana's bday (yesterday) and of course had to mention that she's still single. She kind of re-coils after he says that. God dude, you really know how to put the 'boob' in Jim Boob. I mean yes, of course, normal people know it's absolutely no big deal for her to be single at her age, but considering the ridiculous amount of attention/questions she gets re: why/how she's still single, combined with the cult beliefs, combined with the fact that she clearly looks uncomfortable, it's really a douchy thing to say in front of a crowd.

Don't let her marry an Aussie, especially one from Victoria, the Duggars would come for more visits...

In regard to the picture of Jana with the luggage.. If you look closely I think I see one of those transparant bags in her hand they require you to put your liquids in. Maybe this isn't a 'Cindarella' photo and maybe she's not the only one handling all the bags, maybe she just forgot to pack her facecream right.. Just saying that not everything has to have such a deeper meaning like some people here believe.. Not trying to be harsh, just the way I see it :).

What an incredible opportunity to visit other countries & learn other cultures (looking at you Australia with your opposite toilet bowl spin & authentic souvenir kangaroo scrotum pouch) and they only see it as opportunity to spread their cult's message to the unsuspecting Aussie. :my_sad:

I don't think JD is getting a pass on being single from JB, he practically whored him out on 19KAC before that show got cancelled. Particularly that episode where they went, was it rock climbing? with Ben and dWRECK. 

JD is the "bachelor to the rapture" :giggle: All the JB whoring won't make a difference, if he doesn't want it. 

As for Jana; if she wants a courtship, I hope she finds a nice guy. If she likes her life as it is, I hope it stays the same. If she's Cinderella and wants to scream, I hope she escapes. 

2 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

JD is the "bachelor to the rapture" :giggle: All the JB whoring won't make a difference, if he doesn't want it. 

As for Jana; if she wants a courtship, I hope she finds a nice guy. If she likes her life as it is, I hope it stays the same. If she's Cinderella and wants to scream, I hope she escapes. 

That bachelor to the rapture comment was the most refreshing thing to come from the Duggars since the beginning :pb_lol:

Far be it from me to defend Jim-Bob, but maybe Jana wants a husband and he in his gross way is trying to find her one. Weird, messed up, but actually more than some fundie dads are willing to do for their daughters.

4 hours ago, Crazy Enough to Join said:

Far be it from me to defend Jim-Bob, but maybe Jana wants a husband and he in his gross way is trying to find her one. Weird, messed up, but actually more than some fundie dads are willing to do for their daughters.

I've been wondering this, too. He has zero tact, but maybe Jana has said she is interested and he know it looks weird on their "brand" for the twins to go unmarried for so long. 

Regardless of how close or not Jana and JD are, it's probably still nice to have someone who is your age around. Especially when all the other 20-somethings have married and left. It's going to be kind of weird for them now that Joseph and Josiah will both be gone. Does that just leave the boy twins? I forget their names. They're about 19 right?

Once they're in their 30s and the Lost Girls are in their teens, I wonder if Jana and or JD will at least move out of the house and do something else. Maybe Jana can participate in some kind of missionary or other religious programming. She could absolutely run a child Ministry program.

I was watching a period drama the other day and there was a brother and sister who lived together. He had some kind of job and she kept house for him. It is so old-fashioned but I couldn't help wondering weather eventually Jana and JD wouldn't prefer that to living with their parents. Especially if they are still unmarried in their thirties and forties.... they don't have to be super close for that to work. Having that alone time and independence while still maintaining the cover of propriety might seem really good.

59 minutes ago, PainfullyAware said:

I was watching a period drama the other day and there was a brother and sister who lived together. He had some kind of job and she kept house for him. It is so old-fashioned but I couldn't help wondering weather eventually Jana and JD wouldn't prefer that to living with their parents. Especially if they are still unmarried in their thirties and forties.... they don't have to be super close for that to work.

We have brother/sister neighbors who've always lived together. When their parents died, they bought the house next door to THAT house and have lived there ever since. They're both in their 60s, and neither ever married.

I know a man in his 50s who lives with his twin brother, who is divorced, and their sister, her kid and grandkid, in the house they inherited from their parents. It seems pretty good to me.

UO but maybe JB does that because he feels sorry for her and feels like within the parameters of their beliefs she deserves a life and a family of her own. Same with JD. All the siblings around them have moved on and they're left behind. That has to be tough regardless of their actual feelings. So maybe JB says stuff like that kind of insinuatingly to encourage them to find someone and move forward. Also Jana just kind of rolled her eyes and shrugged her shoulders like "oh gosh, Dad." I don't think he hurt her feelings or anything. I hope Jana, as best as she can, and JD too, are doing whatever they want with their lives and are happy. If they just haven't found anyone or if they have and it's not been right, I'm glad they're taking their time and not settling. 

On 1/24/2018 at 6:40 AM, freedom_for_all said:

Reminds me a bit of the Cuthberts in Anne of Green Gables.

I had the same thought. Maybe Jana and JD will be the first Duggar kids to actually adopt.   

I just hope for the best for Jana in 2018. God bless that girl, it's a miracle she's been in that house for 28 years without getting gray hair. Also, talking about Jana, i wonder what will happen with John David too! He seems to be independent though.

I hope jana is happy. I hope she's staying single because she wants to. My heart breaks for her. She' the oldest girl and had to be mom her whole life. Maybe she does not want kids. 

• 3 weeks later...

Not really 'new Jana' news, but the newest promo pic for #Counting on was released.

I like her jacket and the boots, and i know most people think shes always holding/looking after her sisters kids, but I think its a cute picture of her and Spurgie, he has such a gorgeous face  :my_heart:counting-on-tlc-promo-image.jpg

Looks like someone got a bunch of flowers from her brothers on Valentine's Day. Is it weird that I find that sweet? They seem to appreciate all that she does for the family, IMO.

6678.PNG

I think that's the saddest Valentine's bouquet I've ever seen. Poor Jana. :(

I'd put a cool million on the fact that they only did it because they feel sorry for her. :( 

She looks so pretty in this photo. She's really similar to Jinger. Dye Jana's hair darker and they'd be almost identical (in this pic at least).

Well Jana was Mom for many of her brothers, so it's likely getting flowers for the woman who raised them. Is it fucked up? Yes, but blame JB&M. 

I think its nice.  My kid got me flowers for valentines day (well he got flowers for mama, doesn't know about valentines but still). I call my mom and dad on valentines.  I love them, its not just romantic love.  Maybe I'm weird but showing your love and appreciation for the person who takes care of you is a good idea.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived