IGNORED

Jana 6: What's in Store for 2018?

Coconut Flan

5 hours ago, The Wanderer said:

Unfortunately not. They’re in Australia with the family. Normally I would look at a vacation on your birthday as a great thing, but I wouldn’t call that trip a vacation for either Jana or JD.

ETA: And since it seems they just got to Australia and it already the 13th there, they spent their birthday on a 20+ hour flight.

JD wasn't on that flight. He was flying someone around from Laredo to LA and back to AR today. I'm sure he's on his way to Oz now, as IBLP promised "16 Duggars," so JD needs to be there to make the count. 

eta: The Jana name debate. Rhymes with banana. Pen/pin Ben/bin are pronounced differently. I'm from CA, classic anchorman non-accent. 

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Azriel said:

The twins are 2 years younger than I am and their lives are so different from mine. I'm no overachiever by any means, but I have had so many opportunities that they never will. It makes me sad for both of them that their life is so narrow. I truly hope they have found happiness in the world they have. 

Same here. 2 years older. Not a genius or high achiever by any measure but definitely been able to make the most of many opportunities than the twins have. I feel so bad for them to be honest. There is so many directions a 28 year old could be taking, instead of staying at home looking after your siblings and sleeping in the same room as children 15 years + younger than you

Fuck you Jim Bob and Michell.  You are too narrow minded to see the EVIL you do.  The world is beautiful and YOU try to make  it ugly.  You should be against the Law, we are supposed to love one another , you spread hate and ignorance.  Beware of ignorance!!!  rant over and it feels good  to get this off my chest.   Going to prayer closet now!!!eleventy !!!"&&"@&""!!!

Did anyone see one of the snippet videos pickles posted? JB pointed out that it's Jana's bday (yesterday) and of course had to mention that she's still single. She kind of re-coils after he says that. God dude, you really know how to put the 'boob' in Jim Boob. I mean yes, of course, normal people know it's absolutely no big deal for her to be single at her age, but considering the ridiculous amount of attention/questions she gets re: why/how she's still single, combined with the cult beliefs, combined with the fact that she clearly looks uncomfortable, it's really a douchy thing to say in front of a crowd.

I’m two months younger than Jana, and while I am not single, I do know that if I was and my father said something like that of front of everyone, I would give him a death glare.

Whether it’s by her own choice or not, my heart can’t help but break for Jana. When Joy kept going on and on about it “finally” being her turn to marry I could only think of how that might have made Jana feel. I really hope she can find a life of her own, even though it looks unlikely at this point (but I can still hope right?)

On 11/01/2018 at 1:19 PM, Daisy0322 said:

Alright curiosity is getting the best of me haha... merry, Mary, marry all sound the same to me and Carrie, Carry, and Kerrie all sound the same and they all rhyme together for me. What are the other ways of pronouncing it?

Marry sounds different to me with Mary and merry being the same. My marry rhymes  with carry while mary/ merry sound like very! 

I hope there is some kind of karmic retribution for Boob's asshat comments about Jana's relationship status on her birthday. What a tool. :smiley-signs131:

2 hours ago, byzant said:

Marry sounds different to me with Mary and merry being the same. My marry rhymes  with carry while mary/ merry sound like very! 

merry/mary/marry  and very and carry all sound the same when I say them, lol

19 hours ago, snickers34 said:

Did anyone see one of the snippet videos pickles posted? JB pointed out that it's Jana's bday (yesterday) and of course had to mention that she's still single. She kind of re-coils after he says that. God dude, you really know how to put the 'boob' in Jim Boob. I mean yes, of course, normal people know it's absolutely no big deal for her to be single at her age, but considering the ridiculous amount of attention/questions she gets re: why/how she's still single, combined with the cult beliefs, combined with the fact that she clearly looks uncomfortable, it's really a douchy thing to say in front of a crowd.

And nothing said about her TWIN also being single! 

Why not just put her up on an auction block and get bids, Jim BOOB?

4 minutes ago, MoonFace said:

Maybe her twin is NO LONGER SINGLE? Has Bachelor Till The Rapture John-David Duggar found love at last?! :pb_surprised:

Answer: Probably not. Jim Bob's just Jim Bobbing.

I was trying to find footage of JB heckling JD for the same thing. IIRC, that was a recurring punchline for some time on 19KAC.

Anyway, this whole damn family is tactless. See Jill at 2:35.

I’d guess it’s not a big deal that JD is still single like his twin as men can produce children well into old age as long as their wife is still able to bear children, but Jana’s child bearing years are numbered, and in this cult, that’s all that matters.  Realistically, Jana could meet, court, and get married before the age of thirty and if she has her mother’s superhuman fertility, pump out at least 10 kids before menopause, but that’s not enough for the Boob.

If Jana is not courting because she doesn’t want to, then Boob needs to shut up.  If Jana is not courting because she hasn’t met the right guy yet, then Boob needs to shut up.  If Jana is not courting because her parents are holding her hostage, then Boob needs to shut up.  Basically, Shut up, Jim Bob.

Everyone has their pet fundie, and mine is increasingly becoming Jana.  I just want her to be happy and free to live her own life.  She has practically raised her parents’ entire brood of children.  Girl deserves a tropical vacation, a stiff drink, and a some peace and quiet.

7 hours ago, MoonFace said:

He probably didn't mention JD because he wasn't with them yet. I think that he was going to be joining them a few days later.  

12 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

He probably didn't mention JD because he wasn't with them yet. I think that he was going to be joining them a few days later.  

So, why in Duggarville and FundiLand is it ok for JD to be unmarried but everyone is looking to see that Jana marries (other than the fact that she is the mother figure in that house and without her the kids would be without a 'mom')

25 minutes ago, MoonFace said:

So, why in Duggarville and FundiLand is it ok for JD to be unmarried but everyone is looking to see that Jana marries (other than the fact that she is the mother figure in that house and without her the kids would be without a 'mom')

I'm not sure that it's any more okay for JD to be unmarried than Jana in their eyes. I've definitely seen them tease him and make comments about him being single, maybe even more so than Jana. I'd be surprised if there weren't pressure on him to get married. But the truth is that it's actually not that unusual for men or women in these circles to still be single in their late 20s. I'm slightly perplexed by people making comments about Jana as though any hope of her marrying is basically gone. She just turned 28. Sure, a lot of them get married a lot earlier, but I've also seen plenty of fundie women get married in their late 20s and 30s (same with men). It's less common but it's not super rare either.

According to Pickles' source at the Q&A show, when asked about packing tips, Josiah chimed up " Everyone needs a Jana." Josiah needs a kick!

My speculations: I don't think Jana has as many fucks to give about her relationship status as everyone else around her. Her story line on and off the show has been being single for like a decade. She was over people bringing this up as soon as it started from the looks that are always one her face when it happens but they all tease her about it anyway.

But why? It's not like she couldn't be married off to some dude trying to climb up the ranks of IBLP headquarters in 2 seconds if she went for that. But she had said she doesn't want to be married to an office job type guy in the city and would rather be in the country with a more outdoorsy guy and someone she could work with on projects. I think she really likes doing stuff and learning things and takes pride in becoming good at it and expanding her skill set and is actually cool with taking this time in her life to fit in what she wants to do and learn. I also thinks she's picky and wants to find a man that will actually suit her.

There are a lot of things I like about and admire in Jana and I hope if and when she decides to court and marry someone she does it on her own terms and is happy. 

However, Jana is still up the butt of the IBLP (what with all those journeys to the heart and back) and I just can't get behind that. The admiration stops there. If she marries another IBLPer or fundamantalist....well you guys know, it will be a let down and a disappointment.

My fantasy for Jana is that she falls in love with some average more mainstream Christian construction worker or furniture maker she meets  at a hardware store trying to buy supplies for whatever random project she's working on. That this guy will be uninterested in being on TV or fame and maybe has never even heard of the iblp but is fine with his own more mainstream christian beliefs and the fact that he believe's in evolution and it doesn't affect his faith. She would fall in love with him, God would tell her he's the one and she would "purpose" to not give a fuck what her parents or anyone else thought, and just marry him and get on with her life. They'd lead a private life of making furniture together or something and maybe have a few kids and that she forgets to remember to involve herself in the IBLP or ATI or the creation museum etc. etc. etc. Nothing of the sort will happen of course but that's why it's a fantasy.

My hope for Jana (and all adult Duggars) is that they marry a good match for them- whatever that may be. I would like to see Jed/Jer, Siah, and JD/Jana marry this year. Mostly because I would like to see JB and DQ pushed into a position where they need to be the primary people running the home. Also, since they aren't allowed to be real people until they marry, it's the best one can hope for. I cannot imagine sharing a room with a 13 year old girl at this age and that's the same situation Jana is in.

Can someone link the video of Boob saying that about Jana? My searches (albeit half-hearted and luke-warm) have been unsuccessful.

Maybe she could meet a handy, handsome Australian. Australia is far, far away from the TTH and Australians, in my totally unbiased opinion, make excellent husbands.

I wish her, and all the girls, a husband like mine. One that looks at marriage like a partnership and his wife as an equal. That’s an excellent dad and doesn’t care about what’s ”women’s jobs” and what’s ”men’s jobs”. One that will love and support them and make them laugh every day. Maybe a bit less heathen then mine so they can still visit their family. :pb_lol:

I know a somewhat fundie girl (actually, the Duggars probably know her too, since I saw her family in pictures from some of the Duggar weddings) who married an Australian guy. I would imagine it had to be kind of hard on her to move by herself to Australia, though. She got married there without any of her own family since, unlike the Duggars, she and her family don't have the money for all of them to travel back and forth from the US to Australia easily.

From the way I heard him call her out as being single was less than being picked on but more like "hey guys, this one is still available, going once....going twice..."

:my_sad:

I didn't see this on here yet, also from Pickles: 

IMG_0815.thumb.JPG.77a7bb6234b84767dac5bffb0b025531.JPG

If this were any other Duggar I'd not think much of it, but pictures like this are exactly why people refer to her as Cinderella Duggar. :( I can only hope for some reason she enjoys it - maybe she'd rather do it all herself then risk it not being done right (or at all) kind of thing. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived