IGNORED

Jana 6: What's in Store for 2018?

Coconut Flan

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She is, yes. And this is a horrific reminder of her "single" status. :(

Knowing how I used to feel on VD when I was single, that huge bouquet of flowers would have been a kick in the gut to me. But maybe I'm just projecting my own feelings. lol

It’s a sweet gesture but it also makes me sad. The fact that this young woman is still single just baffles me. Nobody in that enormous family knows anyone that she would click with? Really? I only wish this for her because I have heard her say that she wants to be married and have a family. I’d like to see her have other choices but it’s not up to me. But yes, my initial reaction to that picture was “ouch”.

I heard through an private source, that Jana is courting a guy named Mezekiah Lanyard. I wasn’t sure if it was just another troll, or the guy was just another no name that we haven’t heard of yet. 

That sounds like a made up name. Like someone meant to say Hezekiah and hurriedly screwed it up, panicked, saw a lanyard and hollered out MEZEKIAH LANYARD, YEAH THAT'S IT! 

Like Jan Brady's George Glass. 

1 minute ago, Nikedagain? said:

That sounds like a made up name. Like someone meant to say Hezekiah and hurriedly screwed it up, panicked, saw a lanyard and hollered out MEZEKIAH LANYARD, YEAH THAT'S IT! 

Like Jan Brady's George Glass. 

And Mrs. Doubtfire.

25 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

And Dr. Crentist DDS 

(I know some of you GET this!)

Spoiler

dwightliar.jpg.7dad8797c1c709682f4396c1b6232558.jpg

Her dad just last month in Australia said in public that she was still single. The name this private source gave is also like, nonexistent in the world lol. 

I’m to the point of wanting this guy with the weird name to really exist. Jana and I are the same age. I would be so depressed if my life consisted of chores, parenting my younger siblings, and baby sitting my nieces and nephews. All of this while everyone who I considered a friend is too busy being a couple to know I exist. To the point of a previous poster, why hasn’t anyone thought to set her up, considering she’s not against marriage and children?I mean she has this huge family with that knows other huge families. Someone has to have a relative or a friend. Not to mention she has the means to travel if the relationship should be long distance.

I really, really hope that Jana is happy where she currently is in life, otherwise this picture would be almost heart-breaking :my_sad:

Peer pressure and the feeling that you are missing out on things can be hard to bear even for a secular person in their late 20s when everyone else around them is pairing off, getting married, having children,... It must be especially hard to see your younger siblings marrying off in a cult where these things are the only way a woman can achieve recognition and value.

I also hope that if/when Jana decides to marry, she will be able to still find a good, decent guy. As fundies tend to get married young, there might not be many eligible men her age available anymore, and hopefully this doesn't mean that she'll end up with some weirdo recent reborn convert who got drawn into the cult by sinner's guilt and patriarchal fantasies.

I mean, being single forever doesn't have to be a depressing thing. But it's depressing when your options are so limited. Like not everyone can or wants to go to university, and there's nothing wrong with that. But it's wrong when someone else is forcing you not to do it. Maybe Jana never would have wanted to go to university, but she never even had the choice. Maybe Jana never would've wanted to date a guy who doesn't fit into the cookie cutter JB-approved fundie man stereotype, but she never had the choice.

I have no idea what Jana thinks or feels, but if I were in her shoes, if for whatever reason I didn't want to leave the cult, or felt like I couldn't, I probably would stay single too. Staying at home where everything is familiar and safe, helping out with chores and childcare, and tending to her garden (which is awesome) might seem like a much better option than marrying some guy she barely knows, being put through the humiliation of a public courtship, engagement and wedding, and then becoming his broodmare.

Jana is, along with Jinger, my pet-fundy.

I’m hoping that Jana will be sent to Laredo to help Jinger after her birth, since JinJer don’t have close relatives nearby to help out. When there, she will be able to meet and befriend other young, christian adults through JinJer and w/o the Dryhumper lurking in the bushes.

Jana seems kind of shy, and I guess that when she escapes TTH, she will choose a private life out of the limelight. 

1 hour ago, Rosalie said:

Jana seems kind of shy, and I guess that when she escapes TTH, she will choose a private life out of the limelight. 

Agreed. I sorta think the whole Der-turd getting kicked off the show could be good for Jana. There isn't this perfect rosie picture with Josh/Ann & Jill/Derick - the show's already a mess in not showing everything anymore. The editors  already have to get fancy. It could leave a door open for her to decide to keep things a bit more private - it's not like she's the FIRST Duggar to not be appearing on the show anymore.

They could have a few cheesy montages with pictures of her new guy, the producers could ask all the siblings to pick one garden vegetable that Jana grows to describe him, and leave it at that, with a few lame wedding prep bits here and there.

All of this is based on my hunch that part of her hesitation is that she is really really shy and awkward, and so would be naturally more hesitant anyways around guys, let alone guys while being filmed, in the tabloids, etc. It sounds like an absolute nightmare to me, and I'm not nearly as shy as she seems to be.

2 hours ago, Rosalie said:

Jana is, along with Jinger, my pet-fundy.

I’m hoping that Jana will be sent to Laredo to help Jinger after her birth, since JinJer don’t have close relatives nearby to help out. When there, she will be able to meet and befriend other young, christian adults through JinJer and w/o the Dryhumper lurking in the bushes.

Surely Jeremy has a decent soccer friend she could get set up with. 

Being single isn’t really the issue here. Lots of people are single and happy. But I think the difference is that they get physical interaction. If I were single, I have friends and family I could front hug. I have guys that would lay with me if I were sad, without any sexual undertones. I could have a one night stand if I want too. 

What makes me so sad for Jana is the total lack of intimacy. 

She could have have been set up with a dozen guys and we don’t know. She could have had 3 Or 4 failed courtships as well.  If we don’t know if some of the Duggar   husbands have jobs we certainly wont know that much more intimate behind scenes information about Jana and The Duggars aren’t going to announce that Embarrassing stuff. Not only for her consideration it would be bad for the Duggar brand. 

20 minutes ago, Shiny said:

Being single isn’t really the issue here. Lots of people are single and happy. But I think the difference is that they get physical interaction. If I were single, I have friends and family I could front hug. I have guys that would lay with me if I were sad, without any sexual undertones. I could have a one night stand if I want too. 

What makes me so sad for Jana is the total lack of intimacy. 

But some people don't really care about physical intimacy, either. I think everyone is going to look at Jana's situation and read into it based on what would be most troubling for them personally. So for some it would be the lack of education, for others the lack of romance, for others the lack of sex, for others the lack of independence, etc. What it ultimately comes down to is the lack of choice. 

I think Jana is in the best position of any of the duggar daughters. While her life may see unenviable currently, her 30s hold a world of possibilities. Unlike a teenager, she is now old enough to select a headship wisely and not end up with a headship who will destroy her life. Or she could quietly leave the cult in her 30s and by that point no one would likely notice. It wouldn't have to even be a rebellious move.

2 hours ago, singsingsing said:

But some people don't really care about physical intimacy, either. I think everyone is going to look at Jana's situation and read into it based on what would be most troubling for them personally. So for some it would be the lack of education, for others the lack of romance, for others the lack of sex, for others the lack of independence, etc. What it ultimately comes down to is the lack of choice. 

Yes, you are right. 

44 minutes ago, Crazy Enough to Join said:

I think Jana is in the best position of any of the duggar daughters. While her life may see unenviable currently, her 30s hold a world of possibilities. Unlike a teenager, she is now old enough to select a headship wisely and not end up with a headship who will destroy her life. Or she could quietly leave the cult in her 30s and by that point no one would likely notice. It wouldn't have to even be a rebellious move.

But she's not entirely doing the selecting, Boob is too. I guess I just don't see how still living under your parents thumb at age 30 while sharing a bedroom with your grade school age sisters is a better position at all. 

I’m the type of person who needs time to myself and if I don’t get that, I’m miserable. I can’t imagine sharing a bedroom with several much younger sisters. I can’t imagine being 28 and not being allowed to get in the car by myself and go shopping or just drive. I once saw a picture of her hanging a wreath on the gate at the end of that long driveway. Does she need a chaperone to hang a wreath? I guess we’ve all seen that hiking photo, when Jana decides to go hiking and at least a dozen kids want to go with her. I would lose my mind. I have been waiting for her to start doing things (besides court and babysit) and now I understand that she’s not because she can’t. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived