IGNORED

Jinjer 35: The Baby Wait

Coconut Flan

A former colleague pointed out this gem in What a Feeling by Irene Cara.

What a feeling, Bein's believing, I can have it all, Now I'm dancing for my life.

Take your pants off, and make it happen...

I'm also fan of that Imagine Dragons song about Where Matt Damon Hides.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

I'm also fan of that Imagine Dragons song about Where Matt Damon Hides.

What song/lyric is that?

I think my favorite has to be John Prine's Happy Enchilada song...

My mom has always been a big Barry Manilow fan, which led to “Looks Like Tomatoes,” and the “Amy Bebber song” in our house, too. (Amy Bebber, I love you just the way you are.)

The first was my sister’s flub, the second was mine. 

One time me and my friend were drunk and were singing tiny dancer by elton john and we deff thought we heard "hold me closer tony danza". Didn't know many people also heard the same thing! Now we just sing it like that.

it took me multiple times hearing "One Beer Can" by Brad Paisley to get " It could've been a rubber
Or a half-smoked joint" 

I never expected something like that from Brad. 

So this is slightly divergent to the songs/lyrics theme, but hey. Thread drift is what we’re all about ;)

I was absolutely convinced that Rihanna (or maybe Sia) had a song with a similar tune to Gravity by DJ Fresh. I wanted to add it to my gym playlist on Spotify.

But no, apparently my mind filed Ella Eyre into ‘that’s definitely rihanna’ and I spent a stupid amount of time trying to find a non existent song. 

I annoy myself sometimes. 

I think Marilyn Manson and Motionless in White sound nearly the same, mix them up all the time!

Songs to get mixed up? 90's song "Please Don't Go" sounded like Freeze the Boat to me and Eifel 65, "Blue".  Enough said on that one!

Then of course there's "December" by Collective Soul for questionable lyrics.

We often spent our summer holidays in Italy when I was little. Our favourite restaurant there was called "Nido Verde" (Green Nest).

In the evenings, a local disco would play music really, really loudly and they'd play Freddie Mercury's "Living On My Own" at least once a night.

To this day, I am convinced that he is not singing "Dee do de de, dee do de de", but "Nido Verde". After all, why would he sing gibberish if he could be singing actual Italian words? :my_shy:

I never realized that native speakers also do not understand lyrics as kids.

We have an item on the radio here that is all about mishearing lyrics or hearing Dutch words in songs in another language. It can be extremely funny.

33 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

I never realized that native speakers also do not understand lyrics as kids.

We have an item on the radio here that is all about mishearing lyrics or hearing Dutch words in songs in another language. It can be extremely funny.

There's also a Japanese sketch comedy show that would have segments where actors would act out what lyrics in foreign songs sound like in Japanese. 

My best misheard lyric was that for years, I thought I Believe in Miracles (You Sexy Thing) by Hot Chocolate went "I believe in Malcolm, wear a fro, you sexy thing", and I was really disappointed to find out that the song was not about a guy who really likes Malcolm X. 

And then there's all the songs that I only know the Weird Al version of. 

On 09/01/2018 at 3:59 AM, HarryPotterFan said:

i-wish-we-could-all-get-along-like-we-us

She doesn't even go here (sorry couldn't help it)

I always try to respect other people's beliefs and opinions and I don't get that offended by the Duggar's posts on abortion and other matters as long as they are not directly attacking people. However, what did anger me about them was preaching about the dangers of transgender people in bathrooms and Gay parenting when Josh had abused 5 people, mostly his own sisters and they helped cover it up. 

I think some of the Duggar's who are now married are gradually exposing themselves to new beliefs to an extent but still have a long way to go, getting them to try new foods and not turn their noses up is an achievement for them just now. 

Jim Bob and Michelle failed to expose them to other cultures even when they travelled abroad. Jill found it hard to adjust in Central America, maybe if she had been given more exposure to different people and cultures she may have been able to cope a bit better and not beenough terrified every two minutes. Yes she still may have ultimately decided it wasn't for her but she would have been able to cope with day to day live better.

23 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I was the most naïve teenager EVER, I remember embarrassing myself my freshman year of college watching Naked Gun with a bunch of people in a dorm room and that scene where Leslie Nielson says to Pricilla Presley "Nice beaver" and she says "thanks I just had it stuffed" and hands him a stuffed beaver.  I shouted "OHHHHH BEAVER I get it" It suddenly hit me what those beaver jokes meant all those years, I was 19.  Then years later I was heard the song "Relax" by Frankie goes to Hollywood again and was like "holy shit this song is filthy".  I never really got subtle sexual innuendo and some really overt sexual innuendo.  :lol: :embarrassed:

OK, I'm not really that naive, but I Googled "What does a stuffed beaver mean" and I got (from Urban Dictionary):Top Definition. chubby beaver. The vagina version of the game Chubby Bunny (seeing who can fit the most marshmallows in their mouth while still being able to say "chubby bunny").It is the act of inserting more than 1 tampon into a vagina at one time...

Gross, but how would Leslie Nielson know that the woman had more than one tampon in?  If you haven't guessed, I never watched the movie.

18 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Not really similar but I worked in a preschool once and one little girl about 5 started singing Cashes “Ring of Fire” to herself one day . Very cute.   

What's wrong with "Ring of Fire"?  Isn't it about a man who falls so deeply in love that it's like an all consuming thing?

And since we're at it, what sex act is bringing all the men to the yard of the girl in the milkshake song?  Motorboating or blow jobs?

24 minutes ago, Flossie said:

OK, I'm not really that naive, but I Googled "What does a stuffed beaver mean" and I got (from Urban Dictionary):Top Definition. chubby beaver. The vagina version of the game Chubby Bunny (seeing who can fit the most marshmallows in their mouth while still being able to say "chubby bunny").It is the act of inserting more than 1 tampon into a vagina at one time...

Gross, but how would Leslie Nielson know that the woman had more than one tampon in?  If you haven't guessed, I never watched the movie.

What's wrong with "Ring of Fire"?  Isn't it about a man who falls so deeply in love that it's like an all consuming thing?

And since we're at it, what sex act is bringing all the men to the yard of the girl in the milkshake song?  Motorboating or blow jobs?

1st, Beaver in the US is a slang term for vagina, If you've never seen the movie, the lady is climbing a ladder in skirt and he is following her up and say "nice beaver" while looking up, she hands him a taxidermied beaver and says "thanks I just had it stuffed"  There is a another joke about the show Leave it to Beaver, it is " What is the dirtiest thing ever said on TV?" the punch line is "Ward I think you were a little hard on beaver last night"

2nd I don't think there was anything wrong with the song Ring of Fire, other than it is odd for a Preschooler to be singing Jonny Cash, instead of say Disney songs.

3rd the Milkshake brining the boys to the yard is just her saying she's hot and sexy and the milk shake is literally shaking her boobs.

Not dirty, but until this very week, watching a REELZ show of Michael Jackson's last tour practice sessions, (I had the closed captioning on, or I'd never have noticed) I always thought Michael sang, "Eddie are you ok?" in "Smooth Criminal." Come to find out, it's "Annie are you ok?" or so the CC said.

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

2nd I don't think there was anything wrong with the song Ring of Fire, other than it is odd for a Preschooler to be singing Jonny Cash, instead of say Disney songs.

Yes. And great. I might add that my afternoon 4/5 class listened to pretty much anything I did  or wanted to that was clean... Beatles( Lucy in the Sky was their favorite to sing with),ABBA(Dancing Queen!) Ray Stevens novelty songs  And “Don’t worry be happy” we’re other favorites. We watched the Yellow submarine movie because we loved the Beatles. The other teacher had then dancing to James  Brown ;)  

Those kids were hip. 

My misheard one was always "Secret Asian Man" ....yeah...didn't realize 'til I was in college probably that Agent was the real lyric.

22 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

5fad0a0503a291661afecef3dcd3c600.jpg
Christmas present that is perfect for snuggling with while watching hockey

I live just outside that town haha! I knew I recognized that.

15 hours ago, backyard sylph said:

I accidentally sang "whole damn town," when hearing "Bad Bad Leroy Brown" on the car radio

As a straight-laced conservative-raised kid, I would sing it as "baddest man in the whole downtown". :lol:

58 minutes ago, karen77 said:

My misheard one was always "Secret Asian Man" ....yeah...didn't realize 'til I was in college probably that Agent was the real lyric.

I misheard Secret Asian Man too.

Also, this song always makes me dance around the house when I hear it (and I will always play it when I hear it mentioned)

No matter what, I will always hear bathroom on the right.....I don't even know the right meatloaf song. That's what I heard when I was 3 in the car and will never get it out of my head. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived