IGNORED

Jinjer 35: The Baby Wait

Coconut Flan

7 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Then years later I was heard the song "Relax" by Frankie goes to Hollywood again and was like "holy shit this song is filthy".  I never really got subtle sexual innuendo and some really overt sexual innuendo.  :lol: :embarrassed:

I had a coworker who used to sing the song (adding 'when you wanna come to mimi's) to her grandson and I nearly lost it.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For some reason I've never forgotten, when I went away to summer camp when I was about 10, I got a bottom bunk, and as I lay there homesick and staring up at the bottom of the bunk above me, I saw that someone had written there, 'Steve Yzerman is hot'.

I was actually at the game where they retired his jersey. It was quite the event. The game itself ended up being completely unremarkable though, haha. 

I was scandalized when I finally really listened to Lady Gaga’s Pokerface.  

I don’t watch hockey but I am a de facto Bruins fan only because I live in their territory. 

So idk if we knew this but Jeremy commented this on his last post. I wonder if his grandparents are still catholic then, and if the rest of the Duggars know

BC3F7D04-1904-4827-AFC6-00AE89EA9C00.jpeg

1 minute ago, Jana814 said:

Interesting I guess I though for some reason his parents were still Catholic. I have a feeling that his grandparents might be. 

His dad is a pastor and actually married Jinger and Jeremy, so no lol.

On another note, I think the link doesn’t work though. Ugh

5 hours ago, Lillymuffin said:

My dad was always a big fan of the “classic rock” station when I was growing up. My mom nearly brained him one night when she came home and found me playing with my Barbies and merrily singing the lyrics to J Geils Band’s “Centerfold.” :pb_lol:

Hearing a song one loved when one was sixteen was on a classic rock station when someone else "was growing up" is a bit much to handle just now today. I understand, though. I accidentally sang "whole damn town," when hearing "Bad Bad Leroy Brown" on the car radio while going over some railroad tracks, yes, back when it was a current hit, and Mom slammed on the brakes. And you know I wasn't wearing a seat belt in that cavernous back seat on account of it being 1973. I thought maybe a train would come while she yelled, but we made it across eventually.

Per other non-essential discussion, I'll freely confess I'd teach Jeremy everything he doesn't know he doesn't know. He would be welcomed to make sounds, but not sentences.

It was kind of a banal reply, as these things go. He has a brand to promote, of course.

I remember choosing not to be confirmed for what I would lay money on are similar reasons, not that I care enough to read their "testimonies." It was smug of me, as a twelve year-old. It might have felt like evolution to them, but Jeremy, being second generation, would then feel superior about it. It's how people do, unfortunately.

I was blasting "Walk on the Wild Side" while GryffindorDisappointment and her best friend were in the back seat of my car. 

They both GASPED when the "giving head" line happened. I laughed like a loon. 

28 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

Is this guy really gonna use the comments section of his baby announcement for anticatholic proselytizing?

Of course! As is tradition.

if someone actually has the time or inclination to listen to him speaking about his parents - can you share because I have no desire to listen to him at all or his parents. 

Do you know how many songs I’ve had to google the lyrics to today? It’s been quite... educational. Lol!

7 minutes ago, Lillymuffin said:

Do you know how many songs I’ve had to google the lyrics to today? It’s been quite... educational. Lol!

Hopefully "Hit me with your pet shark" wasn't one of them.  

3 minutes ago, Elvis Presby said:

Hopefully "Hit me with your pet shark" wasn't one of them.  

It will be now. Be right back...

Oh, hell, I could have done that on my own. My dad used to sing Janis Joplin’s Mercedes Benz to me when I was little. I was in college before I knew the line was “my friends all drive Porsches, I must make amends.” All those years, I had been singing, “ my friends all ride horses.” Talk about embarrassing. :embarrassed: 

19 minutes ago, Lillymuffin said:

Oh, hell, I could have done that on my own. My dad used to sing Janis Joplin’s Mercedes Benz to me when I was little. I was in college before I knew the line was “my friends all drive Porsches, I must make amends.” All those years, I had been singing, “ my friends all ride horses.” Talk about embarrassing. :embarrassed: 

I was never into music but a funny story about that song. I first heard on the original Beverly Hills 90210, I thought the song was just for the character that sang it on the show. Then a few months later I heard the song in a Mercedes Benz commerical.  

13 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I wonder if she's one of those super naive people who sing along with popular songs without getting their meaning? I remember a girl I worked with singing along with "You and Your Hand" by P!nk and then getting horrified when it dawned on her what that meant. 

A girl at work who I regularly closed with a while back had a stalker. Like the creepy fucker was sitting in the parking lot across the street watching us, messaging her asking what we were doing taking trash out etc....

Anyway, he was being sexually suggestive  towards her...and I sent him the link for "U+UR Hand" and lmao  for a few minutes. It amused me and made him leave. :-D Nice night lol.

41 minutes ago, Lillymuffin said:

When I was little, the song Drift Away was playing on the radio all the time.  The lyrics go, Gimme the beat boys and free my soul.  At that time I was learning to count it seems.  I sang out loud and proud:  Gimme the beat boys and 3 my 4.

My misheard lyrics that won't leave my head:

The Eagles

Tequila Sunrise:

It's another tequila sunrise 
Starin' slowly 'cross the sky, said goodbye .....

Take another shot of courage 
Wonder why the right words DRY GOODS never come 
You just get numb 
It's another tequila sunrise,

That one song by the Marshall Tucker band when I was a kid actually said this...

Heard it in a love song
Heard it in a love song
Heard it in a love song
Can't be wrong

I heard: Purdy little love song

8 fet long

5 minutes ago, Mlissmartin said:

"A, A, B, B! The alphabet cloud" yep. I think it's really "hey hey you you get off of my cloud" -Rolling Stones 

Hey hey, You you, get off my purple cow.  I never thought the song said this until I could adapt the lyrics when I sat on a cement purple cow in the late 80's.  

6 hours ago, seasonsoflife said:

The part where he says that he wants to make her scream until she forgets her last name....I must say I do admire regaetton singers' confidence in their skills.

So my Spanish speaking friend in nursing school nearly had a stroke when her teenager was singing this one afternoon on the way home from school.  She told her daughter that she wasn't gonna let her listen to that kind of song, and the kid (13 yrs) was only understanding about 1/4 of the song lyrics.  I made her tell me what the song said.... she got only so far and told me to google the rest.  LOL  I decided it was a song we'd pass on in our house too.  Another friend thought it was really cute when her 4 yr old could sing most of the song, until I told her to google the lyrics.  She was freaked out then. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived