IGNORED

Jinjer 35: The Baby Wait

Coconut Flan

On 2018-01-09 at 5:10 AM, Carm_88 said:

Um me! Me! Me! Pick me! I love hockey lol! 

I know the rest of you moved on to music but I want to be in the hockeyclub! I have loved hockey since I used to go with my dad when I was little. Now we have season passes next to eachother. Sometimes me, Mr Way and my parents watch old games on tv. Other people (including my sisters) think we are all nuts. 

On 2018-01-09 at 10:22 PM, Mayluka said:

Lidstrom. His oldest son was close to my age. Pretty sure they moved back to Sweden and both the older boys play hockey there (not sure if it's professional or whatnot because I have very little knowledge of hockey leagues, lol). 

Lidstrom has three sons that play hockey. The two oldest play division 1 in Sweden. There are SHL and Allsvenskan above that though. Don’t think many players are fully professional in division 1. They are only 23 and 21 though so they might move on to bigger leagues. 

The youngest is 17 and play junior hockey in Sweden. There is also a nephew that is 16 and has represented Sweden a few times in different youth teams. So he might be the best of them. 

And no, I’m not so hockey crazy that I knew all that. But I got curious and looked it up. :)

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

39. 'I just died in your barn tonight, mustard no mayonnaise instead'.

Brb dying :pb_lol:

2 hours ago, backyard sylph said:

He's referring to revving the engine of a hot rod car; a "deuce coupe," as a metaphor for the excitement of the whole weird night he's describing, to put it politely.

Thank you Backyard Sylph. I've spent 30 years wondering what that meant! I guessed a deuce might have been something to do with a card game he was winning/ had won:my_confused:.!!!   FJ really is educational. 

When my mother was little she misheard ABBA’s “Waterloo” (just that word) as Barnaboo. She was only six when it came out.

My mum used to listen to The Cranberries all the time when I was a kid, and I could never figure out what they were saying in the song 'Zombie' (maybe I had never heard of a zombie?) - to me it sounded like 'Salami! Salami Sala-mi-a-mi-a-mi-a-mi-a!!!" But every time I'd be sitting there thinking, "No, that CAN'T be right..."

6 hours ago, LegHumperBibleThumper said:

This reminded of this video 

Every time I hear the original version or Mariah singing it, I can't help but sing Ken Lee in my head.

Has anyone noticed that most of the Duggar threads are rife with drift? I think this means that courtships, marriages and babies are passe. What on earth are they going to show this season that we don't already know? Even the leg humpers should be bored.

31 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

When my sisters were little they thought the lyrics "like a G6" (from this song) were "like a cheese stick."

OOH I always hear that as "like a d6" as in abbreviation of a 6 sided dice. I always think that can't be right, they're probably not talking about table top gaming.

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

I could never figure out the words to Hotel California as a child, now I just know that it's a really weird song. lol

I recently read that the song is about a stay in a mental hospital...not 100% sure this is accurate, but it sounds plausible to me...

1 minute ago, MayMay1123 said:

I recently read that the song is about a stay in a mental hospital...not 100% sure this is accurate, but it sounds plausible to me...

Ha, when I was in a mental hospital we made lots of Hotel California jokes.

12 minutes ago, Hokey Pokey said:

OOH I always hear that as "like a d6" as in abbreviation of a 6 sided dice. I always think that can't be right, they're probably not talking about table top gaming

Relevant link: (parody called "Roll a D6")

7 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I have a friend that is notorious for misunderstanding lyrics. 

Hide contents

THE TOP 40 MOST MISHEARD LYRICS

1. 'Money for nothin' and chips for free'. Correct lyric: 'Money for nothin' and your chicks for free' from Dire Straits’ 'Money For Nothing’

Are we friends? :pb_lol: Until just now, I would have sworn that line was ‘money for nothing and your checks for free.’

Then, of course, there’s ‘I’m Gonna Be’ by the Proclaimers, which I called the “teradactyl song” for years. (Tell me the chorus doesn’t sound like ‘Teradactyl! Teradactyl! Teradactyl! Teradactyl!). 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=84CPo4bVkMk

This one wasn’t me, but the rumor on the elementary school playground when my sister was a kid was that Quiet Riot’s ‘Cum on Feel the Noize’ had a very naughty word in the chorus. 

Okay,when I was a little girl ,between 8 or 9..I heard the song "Spinning Wheel" by Blood,Sweat and Tears...it should be "ride a painted pony...I heard "ride a painted toe nail"...LOL......for years,I misheard the lyrics for "Dirty Deeds" by AC DC....I had no clue what they were saying..until one day I was on the way home from work "Dirty deeds and they're done dirt cheap".

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

Has anyone noticed that most of the Duggar threads are rife with drift? I think this means that courtships, marriages and babies are passe. What on earth are they going to show this season that we don't already know? Even the leg humpers should be bored.

I noticed this today as well. All is quiet in duggarland. Fine by me. After Jinger’s announcement I don’t know how much more I can take. 

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

I think it's fantastic! Just be wary of Derick and his Twitter rants...I'm sure he will want and need the attention on him again.

Two misheard lyrics.

Mine: Hotel California "the smell of police dust rising up in the air" instead of "Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air"

Daughter's: You Belong With Me  "I'm a capillary in the bleachers" instead of "She's cheer captain and I'm on the bleachers"

8 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Dave Barry’s Book of Bad Songs has a lot of hilariously misheard lyrics.

NO ONE will ever convince me that Freefalling isn't Freeballing. Child me asked her dad what freeballing meant. ....I did not get an answer.

20 hours ago, church_of_dog said:

I think my favorite has to be John Prine's Happy Enchilada song...

Best one ever! I'd forgotten about that one. Thanks so much. Love love love John Prine.  I walked down the isle at my wedding to "In Spite of Ourselves".

15 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

"the smell of police dust rising up in the air"

Me too!

And probably no one old enough to remember the ancient song from the 70's "don't get hooked on me. but toddler me insisted it was "don't ketchup me" and I sang along whenever it came on and made everyone in my family hate that song.

Or this is just a lie masquerading as family lore because I was delightful...but it still sounds like ketchup to me.

"Body like a backhoe, drive it with my eyes closed"

That's what I thought when I first heard Sam Hunt's song...I was like, "Wait, what? That's not a very flattering thing to say about his girlfriend..."

Took me a few times to figure it out :) 

Bananarama's Venus:

She's got it
Yeah, baby, she's got it
I'm your Venus, I'm your fire   I'm your penis, my vagina

OK. Going to the prayer closet.'=

And also - my friend's 3-year-old son loved singing:  Uptown fuck you up, uptown fuck you up.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived