IGNORED

Jinjer 35: The Baby Wait

Coconut Flan

Missed a few days here, catching up.

I do hope Jinger and Jeremy will be good parents. I don't want them to be like Michelle and Jim Bob. 

As for hockey...Toronto Maple Leafs fan here, mostly because it's my father's favorite team. :my_angel:

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First off: I am sorry for hijacking this thread. :text-imsorry:

@Shadoewolf ouch! I've had a couple of concussions in my life, but thankfully both were fairly mild, though my bells were definitely ringing. I think it's extremely wise to wear a helmet, generally, but am glad to read that you're taking this precaution, too. And that is interesting how you went from figure to hockey skates. What got you interested in the switch? I should try figure skates one day...:think:

I also fully agree on your last paragraph. It is extremely difficult for me to think of the Canucks without the Sedins because they have been there for as long as I've been an active fan but we all know it's coming and they have agreed to less ice time to give the younger guys a chance to play but they're still being there in their mid 30's in the last season of their current contract not only taking up ice time but also cap space. I respect guys like Jagr, for example, but I feel like, by now, he's more of a gimmick than an asset (and as a hockey fan, both of these last statements really really hurt to say).

9 hours ago, LacyMay said:

I'm more of the style of @Carm_88 I've found most assholes when confronted with abrasiveness (not accusing anyone here of being abrasive!) just get defensive and become more abrasive. And in my personal experience when trying to talk to anyone about their religious beliefs when you go in guns blazing they just shut down and get defensive, because they have been told day in and day out that **the world is out to get them** I don't need to make them think they are right. 

Exactly.   Maybe I'm just a pollyanna, but I think niceness always works to some degree.  I work in a profession that requires diplomacy and "niceness" in all situations.  I've dealt with plenty of assholes and niceness is disarming and transforming in most situations.   It might not bring a 100% turnaround, but certainly a shift of some sort.  

You can be respectful to someone and tell them they are wrong. You can discuss things with someone who has very different views to your own. You can show a person who is prejudiced against you they are wrong by being nice to them and that you are not as they imagine you to be. Sometimes. This doesn't always work but they are all valid ways of impacting a person that work.

Something I never do or recommend someone to do if they want to be able to change a person is call them names or go overboard and tell someone off to the point of fully humiliating them. If done it is only to make yourself feel better and that is OK but do not expect this will do much good for the other person. I am not saying that no one has ever changed after someone yelled at them but they are much fewer than the people who are met with respect and patience. Sadly since it is a very tedious and slow change most of the time for the first category. I am saying this as a teacher who meet people who need to work on expanding their mind ever single day. 

totally unrelated to current discussion but did anyone else see Jeremy's instagram post? it was a video and it was a still image of jinjer with Perfect (Andrea Bocelli & Ed Sheeran) playing over the top.

now that we know that Jinger has listened to Ed Sheeran, I'm imagining her singing along to The Shape of You... 'the club isn't the best place to find a lover so the bar is where I go'... it may never happen IRL but a girl can dream!

Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 10.26.13 PM.png

I wonder if she's one of those super naive people who sing along with popular songs without getting their meaning? I remember a girl I worked with singing along with "You and Your Hand" by P!nk and then getting horrified when it dawned on her what that meant. 

My 70 year old ma just loves Bruno Mars “24 Carat Magic” ... She hasn't really listened to the lyrics just the refrain and beat. And I don’t feel like having that convo with her. 

18 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I wonder if she's one of those super naive people who sing along with popular songs without getting their meaning? I remember a girl I worked with singing along with "You and Your Hand" by P!nk and then getting horrified when it dawned on her what that meant. 

Like 90% America singing Despacito....

32 minutes ago, Front Hugging Fiend said:

totally unrelated to current discussion but did anyone else see Jeremy's instagram post? it was a video and it was a still image of jinjer with Perfect (Andrea Bocelli & Ed Sheeran) playing over the top.

now that we know that Jinger has listened to Ed Sheeran, I'm imagining her singing along to The Shape of You... 'the club isn't the best place to find a lover so the bar is where I go'... it may never happen IRL but a girl can dream!

Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 10.26.13 PM.png

I love this picture. They look happy and cute and Jinger's glance at the sign with a smile is very nice. Ed Sheeran is my guilty pleasure. I don't want to like his music but I do. 

@MakeItSo my downstairs neighbor as a child was huge into figure skating, so I'd often go with her. I got good enough to do a single jump but I was much younger and skinny. When we moved back to the Midwest 2 years ago and my son decided he loved hockey, I figured I'd get back on the ice so I could play with him and I could no longer find comfortable figure skates for my very wide feet. My CCM's are comfortable but after the most recent concussion really messed me up I haven't been able to get over the inner fear of falling and breaking something.  And hey, hockey thread drift is awesome!

Anyone else thinking he posted that because she's suffering from morning sickness?

I've been to one hockey game in my life (Ducks vs. Blues). It was terrifying. I was sitting on the front row and those dudes were bouncing off the glass wall thing in front of me. 

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I was the most naïve teenager EVER, I remember embarrassing myself my freshman year of college watching Naked Gun with a bunch of people in a dorm room and that scene where Leslie Nielson says to Pricilla Presley "Nice beaver" and she says "thanks I just had it stuffed" and hands him a stuffed beaver.  I shouted "OHHHHH BEAVER I get it" It suddenly hit me what those beaver jokes meant all those years, I was 19.  Then years later I was heard the song "Relax" by Frankie goes to Hollywood again and was like "holy shit this song is filthy".  I never really got subtle sexual innuendo and some really overt sexual innuendo.  :lol: :embarrassed:

My hockey story (and I am Canadian).

I was watching a game with my sister and nephew, and after the third period everyone skated off and the news came on.  I waited and watched, waited and watched and then after a time I said to my my co-horts "Don't they come back for  the fourth quarter"?

Of course, I can't skate either so I'm a total failure as a Canadian when it comes to hockey.

On 1/7/2018 at 6:07 PM, WhoompThereItIs said:

Rufus forgive me, but the horse whisperer himself, Lawson. That boy is fine as hell. He'd just need to keep his mouth shut.

Yeah. Lawson melts my butter as well. I’ve been turning down the volume on him and just watching for years. 

9 hours ago, MakeItSo said:

First off: I am sorry for hijacking this thread. :text-imsorry:

Meh! There's hardly anything going on. There's always room for drift and side conversations. :P 

I missed how we got to hockey but I'm game...this was my birthday present from a friend.

Capture.JPG

5fad0a0503a291661afecef3dcd3c600.jpg
Christmas present that is perfect for snuggling with while watching hockey

I'm not much into hockey, but my only contribution to the conversation is that the son of the captain of the Red Wings went to my elementary school. This was back when the Wings actually used to be good, so I have  picture somewhere of my class posing with the Stanley Cup.

5 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Michelle roller skating to WMCA.

5 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

My sisters said that some of the kids at their youth group were singing part of "Take Me to Church" thinking it was meant literally. :pb_lol:

My dad was always a big fan of the “classic rock” station when I was growing up. My mom nearly brained him one night when she came home and found me playing with my Barbies and merrily singing the lyrics to J Geils Band’s “Centerfold.” :pb_lol:

Not really similar but I worked in a preschool once and one little girl about 5 started singing Cashes “Ring of Fire” to herself one day . Very cute.   

@Mayluka Stevie Y's kid,  Nick Lidstrom's, or Zetterbergs?  I grew up watching the Wings and my history teacher in high school lived next door to Yzerman. 

I will be rocking this baby at a game in the next few weeks

20180109_152516.jpg

8 hours ago, kachuu said:

Like 90% America singing Despacito....

The part where he says that he wants to make her scream until she forgets her last name....I must say I do admire regaetton singers' confidence in their skills.

50 minutes ago, Shadoewolf said:

@Mayluka Stevie Y's kid,  Nick Lidstrom's, or Zetterbergs?  I grew up watching the Wings and my history teacher in high school lived next door to Yzerman. 

Lidstrom. His oldest son was close to my age. Pretty sure they moved back to Sweden and both the older boys play hockey there (not sure if it's professional or whatnot because I have very little knowledge of hockey leagues, lol). 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived