IGNORED

Jinjer 35: The Baby Wait

Coconut Flan

5 minutes ago, bekkah said:

No matter what, I will always hear bathroom on the right.....I don't even know the right meatloaf song. That's what I heard when I was 3 in the car and will never get it out of my head. 

It's cold and lonely in the deep dark night, I can see paradise IN THE DASHBOARD LIGHT!!

Im guessing that's the correct lyric!!!!

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

It's cold and lonely in the deep dark night, I can see paradise IN THE DASHBOARD LIGHT!!

Sad thing is, I don't know the meatloaf song. I think I will have to go back and listen. I do think its out of the Bat out of Hell album....

"There's a bathroom on the right" is a classic mondegreen (one of multiple words for misheard phrases or lyrics) for Creedence Clearwater Revival's "There's a bad moon on the rise"

Never heard it connected to the Meatloaf song.

6 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

There's also a Japanese sketch comedy show that would have segments where actors would act out what lyrics in foreign songs sound like in Japanese. 

This reminded of this video 

I have a friend that is notorious for misunderstanding lyrics. 

Spoiler

THE TOP 40 MOST MISHEARD LYRICS

1. 'Money for nothin' and chips for free'. Correct lyric: 'Money for nothin' and your chicks for free' from Dire Straits’ 'Money For Nothing'.

2. 'Every time you go away, you take a piece of meat with you'. Correct lyric: 'Every time you go away take a piece of me with you' from Paul Young’s 'Every Time You Go Away'.

3. 'Sue Lawley'. Correct lyric: 'So lonely' from The Police’s 'So Lonely'.

4. 'We built this city on sausage rolls'. Correct lyric: 'We built this city on rock 'n' roll' from Starship’s 'We Built This City'.

5. 'Saving his life from this warm sausage tea'. Correct lyric: 'Spare him his life from this monstrosity' from Queen’s 'Bohemian Rhapsody'.

6. 'See that girl, watch her scream, kicking the dancing queen'. Correct lyric: 'See that girl, watch that scene, diggin' the Dancing Queen' from ABBA’s 'Dancing Queen'.

7. 'Excuse me while I kiss this guy'. Correct lyric: 'Excuse me while I kiss the sky' from Jimi Hendrix’s 'Purple Haze'.

8. 'Dancing queen, feel the beat from the tangerine'. Correct lyric: 'Dancing queen, feel the beat from the tambourine' from ABBA’s 'Dancing Queen'.

9. 'Sweet dreams are made of cheese'. Correct lyric: 'Sweet dreams are made of these' from The Eurythmics’ 'Sweet Dreams (are made of this)'.

10. 'Calling Jamaica'. Correct lyric: 'Call me when you try to wake her' from R.E.M.’s 'The Sidewinder Sleeps Tonite'.

11. 'Or should I just keep chasing penguins'. Correct lyric: 'Or should I just keep chasing pavements' from Adele’s 'Chasing Pavements'.

12. 'All the lonely Starbucks lovers'. Correct lyric: 'Got a long list of ex-lovers' from Taylor Swift’s 'Blank Space'.

13. 'I can see clearly now, Lorraine is gone'. Correct lyric: 'I can see clearly now, the rain is gone' from Johnny Nash’s 'I can see clearly now'.

14. 'Gimme Gimme Gimme a man after midnight, take me to the doctors at the break of the day'. Correct lyric: 'Take me through the darkness to the break of the day' from ABBA’s 'Gimme Gimme Gimme'.

15. 'Poppadom Peach'. Correct lyric: 'Papa don't preach' from Madonna’s 'Papa don't preach'.

16. 'It doesn’t make a difference if we’re naked or not'. Correct lyric: 'It doesn’t make a difference if we make it or not' from Bon Jovi’s 'Livin’ On A Prayer'.

17. 'I'm farting carrots'. Correct lyric: 'I'm 14 carat' from Selena Gomez’s 'Good for you'.

18. 'Then I saw her face, now I’m gonna leave her'. Correct lyric: 'Then I saw her face, now I’m a believer' from The Monkees’ 'I’m a Believer'.

19. 'I want to hold your ham'. Correct lyric: 'I want to hold your hand' from The Beatles’ 'I want to hold your hand'.

20. 'Kicking your cat all over the place'. Correct lyric: 'Kicking your can all over the place' from Queen’s 'We Will Rock You'.

21. 'Blue seal in the sky with diamonds'. Correct lyric: 'Lucy in the sky with diamonds' from The Beatles’ 'Lucy in the sky with diamonds'.

22. 'Dyslexics on fire'. Correct lyric: 'Your sex is on fire' from Kings of Leon’s 'Sex on Fire'.

23. 'Here we are now, in containers'. Correct lyric: 'Here we are now, entertain us' from Nirvana’s 'Smells like teen spirit'.

24. "Let's pee in the corner, let's pee in the spotlight". Correct lyric: "That’s me in the corner, that’s me in the spotlight" from R.E.M.’s 'Losing my religion'.

25. 'Bald-headed woman... bald-headed woman to me'. Correct lyric: 'More than a woman… more than a woman to me' from the Bee Gees’ 'More than a woman'.

26. 'I remove umbilicals'. Correct lyric: 'I believe in miracles' from Hot Chocolate’s 'You Sexy Thing'.

27. 'We're caught in a trout'. Correct lyric: 'We're caught in a trap' from Elvis Presley’s 'Suspicious Minds'

28. 'I'm Terry Wogan'. Correct lyric: 'I'm every woman' from Chaka Khan’s 'I’m every woman'.

29. 'Let me just staple the vicar'. Correct lyric: 'Just let me state for the record' from Sister Sledge’s 'We Are Family'.

30. 'This is the dawning of the Age of Asparagus'. Correct lyric: 'This is the dawning of the Age of Aquarius' from Fifth Dimension’s 'Aquarius'.

31. 'You're the wobbly one'. Correct lyric: 'You're the one that I want' from John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John’s 'One that I want'.

32. 'Don't go Jason Waterfalls'. Correct lyric: 'Don't go chasing waterfalls' from TLC’s 'Waterfalls'.

33. 'A year has passed since I broke my nose'. Correct lyric: 'A year has passed since I wrote my note' from The Police’s 'Message In A Bottle'.

34. 'Kick a chicken with it'. Correct lyric: 'Gettin’ jiggy with it' from Will Smith’s 'Gettin’ jiggy with it'.

35. 'Hold me closer, Tony Danza'. Correct lyric: 'Hold me closer, tiny dancer' from Elton John’s 'Tiny Dancer'.

36. 'Take your teeth out, tell me what's wrong'. Correct lyric: 'Chiquitita, tell me what's wrong' from Abba’s 'Chiquitita'.

37. 'I like big butts in a can of limes'. Correct lyric: 'I like big butts and I cannot lie' from Sir Mix-A-Lot’s 'Baby Got Back'.

38. 'We’re working for peanuts'. Correct lyric: 'We're heading for Venus' from Europe’s 'The Final Countdown'.

39. 'I just died in your barn tonight, mustard no mayonnaise instead'. Correct lyric: 'I just died in your arms tonight, It must have been something you said' from Cutting Crew’s 'I just died in your arms tonight'.

40. 'Aww freak cow! Le freak, c'est sheep'. Correct lyric: 'Aww freak out! Le freak, c'est Chic' from Chic’s 'Le Freak'.

2 hours ago, Antipatriarch said:

As a straight-laced conservative-raised kid, I would sing it as "baddest man in the whole downtown". :lol:

I tried to do that, too, because I had a horror of saying a wrong thing, even when alone. But somehow it slipped out that day, just going along with the song. :pb_redface:

The only mondegreen I've created for myself, and I will stick to it til I die, is "clowns in my coffee." Because even as a child, I demanded context in everything, and would get really annoyed when other kids thought some bit of lyric was strung-together nonsense. But after all, she said she had some dreams, and so I figure clowns can be every bit as confusing as clouds, and possibly more. :-)

to be fair, no one could really know wth kurt cobain was singing without reading the lyrics... one of my favorites is manfred mann- blinded by the light- “wrapped up like a douche, you’re rollin’ in the night” instead of  "revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night.” :lol:

52 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

"There's a bathroom on the right" is a classic mondegreen (one of multiple words for misheard phrases or lyrics) for Creedence Clearwater Revival's "There's a bad moon on the rise"

Never heard it connected to the Meatloaf song.

Haha....I'm terrible at placing musicians before I was born! My dad played a lot of meatloaf, obviously creedence clearwater revival and bruce springsteen. I just can never keep them straight...:tw_astonished:

16 minutes ago, MayMay1123 said:

to be fair, no one could really know wth kurt cobain was singing without reading the lyrics... one of my favorites is manfred mann- blinded by the light- “wrapped up like a douche, you’re rollin’ in the night” instead of  "revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night.” :lol:

until this very moment i thought he said "wrapped up like a douche" 

1 hour ago, bekkah said:

Haha....I'm terrible at placing musicians before I was born! My dad played a lot of meatloaf, obviously creedence clearwater revival and bruce springsteen. I just can never keep them straight...:tw_astonished:

This might be the oldest I have ever felt in my life!  That someone would mix up Meatloaf, Bruce Springsteen, and Credence Clearwater Revival makes me feel like I must be 1,000 years old.  :pb_lol:

I’ve heard a lot of those songs in that list posted upthread and never misheard any of them!! Maybe I just have good listening ears? There are some songs where I genuinely can’t get the lyric. I don’t mishear it as something else, I just hear gibberish. I then google the lyrics and I understand. 

1 hour ago, MayMay1123 said:

This one always confused me, especially as Bruce Sprinsteen write it for them I believe. 

I prefer the daft one. It makes more sense!

16 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Dont forget Taylor Swift talking about all the StarBucks lovers in “Blank Space” ;)

Every d@mn time!  Even though I know that's not the lyric.  Drives me crazy :)  

And now I want a latte....

NGL the first time I heard Foo Fighter's The Sky is a Neighborhood, I thought they said "Scotty is a neighborhood" and I was like "wtf is this song?" 

2 hours ago, MayMay1123 said:

I got the second part right, but had "wrapped..." up like you. 

3 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

I went thru the song in my head an its BY THE DASHBOARD LIGHT. 

1 hour ago, Gobsmacked said:

This one always confused me, especially as Bruce Sprinsteen write it for them I believe. 

I prefer the daft one. It makes more sense!

He's referring to revving the engine of a hot rod car; a "deuce coupe," as a metaphor for the excitement of the whole weird night he's describing, to put it politely.

3 hours ago, MayMay1123 said:

Re: Kurt Cobain. I remember when Nevermind first came out. My friend always heard the first line of Territorial Pissings as "When I was a ma-ii-an, Trojans were a pa-ii-an" (actual lyrics: "When I was an alien, cultures weren't opinions"). To this day I think of dudes who don't like wearing condoms when I hear it.

Re: Blinded By The Light. I also hear douche. What's even funnier is the line in the second verse that sounds like "And little girly pearly gave my anus twirly whirly, and asked me if I needed a ride."

Perhaps the Secret Agent Man also happened to be Asian?

For shits and giggles, it's fun to listen to Jammin by Bob Marley and imagine he's actually saying Vagina.

On 1/9/2018 at 10:24 AM, LilMissMetaphor said:

I missed how we got to hockey but I'm game...this was my birthday present from a friend.

Capture.JPG

I need that! 

In "The Shape of You" there's a line that's apparently "we push and pull like a magnet do," but I hear the word "shampoo" in it every time.

Misheard lyrics is always funny. Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton Islands In The Stream messed me up for years!

18 hours ago, twoanddone said:

I thought Van Halen's Panama was actually called  "Animal"

I thought the chorus of this was 'Ready to Go, Ready to GOooooo' and obviously panama was where they were going....

I could never figure out the words to Hotel California as a child, now I just know that it's a really weird song. lol

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived