IGNORED

Jinjer 35: The Baby Wait

Coconut Flan

3 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

OK. Going to the prayer closet

You will be in fine company, as 99.9999% of FJ meet you there.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And we'll never be royals
It don't run in our blood
That kind of lux just ain't for us
We crave a different kind of buzz
Let me be your ruler, you can call me Queen B
And baby I'll rule (I'll rule I'll rule I'll rule)
Let me live that fantasy

Or as I hear it “ You can Call me Green Bean”

When I was about 16, I was getting for school and the Today show was on. John Fogarty was playing their weekly summertime concert series, and chose to play the song Centerfield on his trademark baseball bat guitar (shown below).

I saw it and asked my mother why he was playing "Put Me in Coach" (the first words of the song) on a baseball bat guitar. Puzzled, she asked me what I thought the song was about. I had honestly thought it was about traveling by plane. :? It's been a good twenty years, but she's never let me live that one down. 

3(45).jpg

Steely Dan's Hey Nineteen:

"The Cuervo Gold, the pinecone under you"  is actually

"The Cuervo Gold, the fine Colombian . . ."

Somehow, I did hear the Cuervo Gold part correctly, but not the rest.  I like my version better.

Michael Jackson’s Billie Jean.

For several years I thought he was saying, “Billie Jean is not my lover, she’s just a girl who says that I am the one, but Chad is not my son.” :pb_lol:

One of my favorite childhood songs is “I Saw the Sign” by Ace of Base, but I thought it was called “I Saw the Sun” back then.

Ooh... when the song “Black Hole Sun” came out, I was sure it was “Black Holes Suck.” :laughing-rollingred:

57 minutes ago, Alice in Fundieland said:

For several years I thought he was saying, “Billie Jean is not my lover, she’s just a girl who says that I am the one, but Chad is not my son.” :pb_lol:

That's not what it says? That's what I have always thought it said too!

10 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

Lidstrom has three sons that play hockey. The two oldest play division 1 in Sweden. There are SHL and Allsvenskan above that though. Don’t think many players are fully professional in division 1. They are only 23 and 21 though so they might move on to bigger leagues. 

Really good players in division 1 may have a salary from the team that they can live from but nothing like what they are payed even in SHL. Sometimes companies support the team by giving a player a very flexible job that they can work and still play games and practice. That way the team doesn't have to pay a lot but working doesn't get in the way of playing. 

Count me in on the team that always heard starbucks lovers.. i always knew it doesn't make sense at all, but this little part of me really loves starbucks apperantly, so I never bothered to look it up. Granted, yesterday I heard it again after reading that (randomly) and now I don't hear Starbucks anymore..

I find it really interesting that mishearing lyrics also happens if it is your mother tongue. For me it is usually in english, but even with that, I've gotten a lot better. I don't usually mishear lyrics in german (granted, I do not listen to a lot of german music because I mostly do not like it...) My parents love folk and traditional music, and the music channel they listen to has the most random and weird song choices.. sometimes they throw in something that has like 5 french words in it, which do nto make sense at all, but hey, we are so international.. That's usually the time when my earphones come out to play..

I understand the reasoning behind it but sad we won't see any of the NHL players in the Olympics next month. It was always fun to see the guys play with their countryman/worst rival on the same line!

When Destiny Child's "Bootylicious" came out, I actually thought the part "I don't think you're ready for this jelly" was something I heard very incorrectly. Turns out, I heard right :pb_lol:

14 hours ago, Alice in Fundieland said:

For me it was Smooth Criminal. I thought it was about someone named Eddie. It was only a couple of years ago I learned it's ANNIE. I still catch myself singing "Eddie are you ok, are you ok Eddie...."

Did anybody ever catch that show The Glee Project? One of the guys had to sing the song “Jessie’s girl” and instead of saying “I wish that I had Jessie’s girl” he accidentally said “I wish that I WAS Jessie’s girl.” :pb_lol:

It still makes me giggle.

There used to be a website called KissThisGuy.com where people could submit misheard lyrics.  (Named after the way people misheard "'Scuse me while I kiss the sky" in "Purple Haze.")  My favorite one that someone submitted was from "Blowin' In the Wind" by Bob Dylan.

"The ants are my friends, they're blowin' in the wind . . ."

I used to hear "Go All The Way" by the Raspberries as "Please goo-oooo away."

I have yet to figure out if that one Outkast song is saying "Roses really smell like blue poo-poo" or "Roses really smell like boo boo boo" or something else entirely.

And I too noticed yesterday that basically none of the Duggar threads are on topic :pb_lol:

'Kiss this guy' also had my favourite misheard lyric:

Summer of 69 by Bryan Adams

"Standing on your Mama's porch...." was heard as " Standing on your Mama's corpse.... " 

I just like the idea of serial-killer Bryan, wearing double-denim and rockin' his guitar on the body of his latest victim.

(In real life, I stood on his foot once, and he was very sweet about it. One of the highlights of my life....:pb_glasses:)

40 minutes ago, ElToro said:

'Kiss this guy' also had my favourite misheard lyric:

Summer of 69 by Bryan Adams

"Standing on your Mama's porch...." was heard as " Standing on your Mama's corpse.... " 

I just like the idea of serial-killer Bryan, wearing double-denim and rockin' his guitar on the body of his latest victim.

(In real life, I stood on his foot once, and he was very sweet about it. One of the highlights of my life....:pb_glasses:)

I always got ‘standing on your mama’s Porsche’ from that but corpse is definitely one step further.

I thought Michael Jackson was asking the man in the mirror to change his face. I was about 8 at time and his face was always changing.

On 1/9/2018 at 11:08 AM, tabitha2 said:

Not really similar but I worked in a preschool once and one little girl about 5 started singing Cashes “Ring of Fire” to herself one day . Very cute.   

This is my life right now, except my kiddo is 3 and he LOVES Johnny Cash. Luckily he hasn't caught on to A Boy Named Sue too well and just likes to yell, "MY NAME IS SUE. HOW DO YOU DO?" And then growls because he thinks that's what Johnny Cash says, when in fact he says "now you're gonna die"...

He also knows the chorus and some of the verses to American Pie and I'm still waiting to get that call from daycare about him singing "this will be the day that I die" :my_blush:

When Europe sings "We're heading for Venus (Venus)" I always hear "we're heading for penis" :pb_lol:

I also remember being in the car with my gf, her uncle and her grandma and when the song Blow my whistle baby came on gf said to me "you know what the lyrics mean, right?" and I was stunned, I hadn't really thought about it much, at first glance I thought it was about actual whistles... I was giggling awkwardly for the rest of the song especially since the in-laws were with us, it wasn't the best timing to realize that a song you thought was harmless is acctually about a blowjob... My face was pretty red.  

On 8 januari 2018 at 1:55 AM, HarryPotterFan said:

Well a disturbing question just popped into my mind. If you had to hump any fundie, who would it be? And I’m not talking about being a fan.

Lookwise, Jessa. She's pretty hot! But Jinger is really beautiful as well. 

Thought of another one. Not me, but a friend in middle school. On Men At Work's Land Down Under instead of "can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?" he always heard "cut your hair, cut your hair like thunder."

7 minutes ago, MarcyMM said:

Thought of another one. Not me, but a friend in middle school. On Men At Work's Land Down Under instead of "can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?" he always heard "cut your hair, cut your hair like thunder."

That song has one of the best misheard lyrics in Dutch, too bad you guys won’t understand.

One more from Bryan Adams: I got my first real sex dream. :-)

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived