IGNORED

Jinjer 35: The Baby Wait

Coconut Flan

7 hours ago, AprilQuilt said:

oh my god, it's Clem Fandango!

I had no idea who Clem Fandango was, so I went down the Toast of London rabbit hole on Netflix, and now I'm pretty sure I won't be accomplishing anything else today. 

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My husband knows I'm on a forum, but would think it's pretty weird if he knew how much we talk about real people we don't actually know (I'll show him cat/dog pictures that people post, funny anecdotes, etc.). He mostly just believes FJ is my "other woman" in the relationship  :pb_lol:

I don't really talk about the Duggars or fundies to people outside FJ, except for every now and then with my mum. I'll say, "Hey, guess what, another Duggar is pregnant." And she'll say, "Wow, that is truly shocking news."

My family knows cults are my weird obsession (like we all have that one really weird obsession). But one of my best friends we did a drinking game during 19 kids and counting (I just remember it was a lot of fun but can never drink tequila again) and she's my in person snark person but don't tell her I high key prefer you guys.

There were a couple women I used to work with at my old job that were into the Duggars, one of them even dabbled on FJ a bit. So that was fun to be able to talk about my fundie obsession IRL but currently I dont have anyone in my RL who I talk to about it. Hubby knows about FJ obvs anf my mom will sometimes text me if she hears a Duggar is pregnant. I sometimes read FJ at work when its really slow and others are on their phones. I do not tell them what I’m reading. I definitely feel like its a weird interest/hobby to most people but clearly it’s not that weird or there wouldnt be so many posters here and these yahoos wouldnt have TV shows. But probably most people only have a passing interest, not spreadsheets and stuff. 

Hubby knows all about you guys, even knows some of the regular posters by name. I tend to come and go here and he always knows when I’m on an FJ kick cause I start snorting with laughter periodically. He has even watched some Duggars and Bates with me just so he has some idea what I’m talking about. Same reason he read the first few Harry Potter’s and watched the movies. Basically without knowing about fundies and HP you’re gonna miss about half my references. ;) 

DH also knows about yall, and thinks my time spent here is hilarious. And he was SO proud of himself when I was watching that video of Meeechelle that I posted to give the proper pronunciation of Jana's name. He said, "That sounds like a Duggar woman." lol

I know I'm a week late, but I want to chime in that I'm in a hockey loving home!  Mr. Melbelle and I have season tickets to a college hockey team, we travel for hockey all the time-including going on trips this season to MA and MN, and we've been to Ice Breakers and Frozen Fours.  We also love NHL hockey, we're Caps and Avs fans.  We're both praying to Rufus that our little one on the way loves hockey like we do!  Do any of you hockey lovers follow college hockey at all?  

Also, thank you to whoever posted that awesome vintage dance movies set to Bruno Mars!  That was amazing and now I feel a Fred Astaire movie marathon in my near future!  

I mostly don't tell people about my FJ love, but Mr. Melbelle doesn't mind hearing about it.   He is especially interested when I tell him what people are saying that pertains to political, societal, and cultural views, but is not at all interested in the weddings and babies.  I do know one person IRL that is also fascinated by the Duggars, so we'll talk or text about their weddings and pregnancies here and there.  

9 minutes ago, Melbelle said:

I know I'm a week late, but I want to chime in that I'm in a hockey loving home!  Mr. Melbelle and I have season tickets to a college hockey team, we travel for hockey all the time-including going on trips this season to MA and MN, and we've been to Ice Breakers and Frozen Fours.  We also love NHL hockey, we're Caps and Avs fans.  We're both praying to Rufus that our little one on the way loves hockey like we do!  Do any of you hockey lovers follow college hockey at all?  

We’ve been bringing Miniway to the hockey since he was a baby. The parts he’s enjoyed so far is the mascot, the zamboni, the intro, the hockey lollies, sleeping, and watching youtube on his mums phone. :pb_lol:

It’s getting better and better though. He is actually watching more and more of the hockey. Sometimes we don’t bring the phone out until the middle of the second period. I used to go with my dad when I was little and that was all about buying lollies and talking to my friends. I used to check the score before we went home. 

On 14.1.2018 at 5:49 AM, just_ordinary said:

Let’s introduce: Herbert Grönemeyer

I never have problems understanding him now tbh. 

I always found it funny that there are a lot of songs in german by austrian singers/bands that were hugely popular also in Germany - only that besides people in Bavaria, most people didn't understand a word. What comes to mind is: Brenna tuats guat (Hubert von Goisern). The accent is sorta similar to mine, but I've met a lot of people who said they had no idea what the song is about, but the tune is catchy...

I also ADORE Hockey, but unfortunatly I haven't had the opportunity to watch for a long time. When I lived in Canada, I was pretty much watching hockey every other night, so that was fantastic. It was the year the Canucks were really good, too (only they lost the last game in the Stanley Cup), and me and some other girls were at every public viewing for the last couple of games and I knew the players names better than my host parents. They thought it was hilarious too.. I def. wanna see a game when I'm in North America the next time (Seattle in February - yay!)

FJ is my dirty little secret. :my_biggrin: Even my husband has no idea. He mocked me badly enough when he realized I'd borrowed a season of 19KaC from the library last year that I just don't discuss it.

My husband doesn’t know about FJ.  He knew about my involvement in message boards for two shows I had been obsessed with, but I think this would have him looking at me funny.

Lol I always tell my husband it's a fourm disscussing cults and their behavior... I watch cult documentaries a lot so he thinks nothing of it 

24 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

We’ve been bringing Miniway to the hockey since he was a baby. The parts he’s enjoyed so far is the mascot, the zamboni, the intro, the hockey lollies, sleeping, and watching youtube on his mums phone. :pb_lol:

I'm sure that'll be the case for us for the first few years!  The couple that has the seats in front of ours bring their two grandsons to the games occasionally and even when the oldest was 2 (he's now 5) he would sit quietly and watch the game the entire time with intense focus.  Each season he would ask better and better questions about the game, the players, the penalties, etc.  However the younger one (almost 4) will pay attention a little, but mostly he wants to look around, have treats, and sometimes he'll come sit with me and I'll read him a book.  When the dance team is at our games, they perform pretty close to our seats, so our little one can always watch that if the game isn't interesting!   

3 hours ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

I had no idea who Clem Fandango was, so I went down the Toast of London rabbit hole on Netflix, and now I'm pretty sure I won't be accomplishing anything else today. 

then my work here is more than done! I did wonder what the odds were that anyone on FJ had seen Toast of London, but to have actually brought someone over to it - that's my kind of missioning.

I find this is one of the saddest part about getting older. There’s lots of things I did without any fear when I was younger but now I’m just to aware of the risks. 

Now I sound like an old lady that’s afraid to break her hip bone. But honestly, I’m a bit afraid to break my hip bone. I’m sure that really, really hurts. 

Yep, breaking a hip really, really hurts. Mine was from a car accident when I was 35 and 3 1/2 years later it's finally not hurting. *knock on wood*

I became a figure skater as an adult and do agree that falls as an adult are WAY more painful than when we were kids! I skate with little kids and teenagers and they do all these crazy moves and fall and get right back up. I haven't skated in almost two months due to a fall.

As others have mentioned, the thread drifts are far more interesting than the Duggars themselves. I can't take much more of JRod but I think I'll see what Bro Ween has been up to. Check out the Gary Hawkins threads for some serious entertainment!!

10 minutes ago, 728011 said:

Another hockey fan here!

Is your profile pic the ever adorable Breadman? Whenever we have "hot men" thread drifts on here, he's always my pick! 

Just now, Georgiana said:

Is your profile pic the ever adorable Breadman? Whenever we have "hot men" thread drifts on here, he's always my pick! 

Yes! I love him

5 hours ago, Bethella said:

No, but there is a Varys. According to google, Kharis is a fictional character featured in Universal Studios's Mummy series in the 1940s :pb_lol:. But I wonder if it's a misspelling of the Greek name Charis (meaning grace, kindness, and life).

4 hours ago, clueliss said:

Kharis is one of those Christian names.  There's a church here called Kharis.  Per Google:

Thank you both! I suspect with that context they got it from Charis?

2 minutes ago, 728011 said:

Yes! I love him

I'm a Blackhawks fan, and while I like Saad, I miss me some Bread. All reports I have heard are that Panarin is a really nice guy off ice as well. It was great to have such a passionate and fun guy playing for the team, it made it so much more fun to watch games! Of course, this season hasn't been as much fun so far in general or is, but there's a lot of hockey left!

2 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

I'm a Blackhawks fan, and while I like Saad, I miss me some Bread. All reports I have heard are that Panarin is a really nice guy off ice as well. It was great to have such a passionate and fun guy playing for the team, it made it so much more fun to watch games! Of course, this season hasn't been as much fun so far in general or is, but there's a lot of hockey left!

I'm a Blackhawks fan as well, but I've also been following the Blue Jackets now that Panarin is on the team and I will say that I hope he gets to go back to the Hawks when his contract is up

I was given a Panarin shirt last year for Christmas and bought his jersey at the UC when we drove in last season for a game (both 2016). Then he got traded and Oldest said she heard me yelling halfway down the block. He is just one of those guys who belongs in a Hawks jersey. Saad has done well but we need Panarin back with Kaner. And I admit, I'm really kind of disappointed in Toews the last season or two. He just doesn't seem to be into it. Glass is doing well for being new but I want Crow back. 

8 minutes ago, Shadoewolf said:

I was given a Panarin shirt last year for Christmas and bought his jersey at the UC when we drove in last season for a game (both 2016). Then he got traded and Oldest said she heard me yelling halfway down the block. He is just one of those guys who belongs in a Hawks jersey. Saad has done well but we need Panarin back with Kaner. And I admit, I'm really kind of disappointed in Toews the last season or two. He just doesn't seem to be into it. Glass is doing well for being new but I want Crow back. 

I agree! Kane and Panarin were a great team, though Panarin seems to have good chemistry with his linemates in the CBJ. Selfishly, I wish he'd get traded to the Bruins (my home team) so I could go watch him play more.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived