IGNORED

Jinjer 35: The Baby Wait

Coconut Flan

I haven't been able to follow them as closely as I would like (I've been living that grad school life), but I just wanted to drop in and say hello to my fellow Blackhawks fans :greetings-waveyellow:

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Sometimes I'll be reading fj in bed, and my partner will wonder what I'm giggling at. I'm embarassed to admit exactly what it is, so I'm slightly evasive.

My colleague at work who come from Northwest Arkansas thinks my fascination with the Duggars is hilarious. Half of what I know about that part of the world comes from this board, she fills me in on the hidden pockets of radical leftist hippie queers who do circus arts (they DO exist in NWA). My colleague looks a bit like a cross between Jana and Kendra, but has a head tattoo.

Haha, I hadn't heard of circus arts, but NWA can be pretty liberal. Conservatives criticize and ridicule Fayetteville for being liberal and have thus given it the nickname "Fayettenam." (I've never understood how that nickname made any sense at all!)

2 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

Haha, I hadn't heard of circus arts, but NWA can be pretty liberal. Conservatives criticize and ridicule Fayetteville for being liberal and have thus given it the nickname "Fayettenam." (I've never understood how that nickname made any sense at all!)

That's weird! Here in NC, we have a Fayetteville also. It's been called Fayettenam forever, because there is a huge military base there and lots of crime...

11 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

That's weird! Here in NC, we have a Fayetteville also. It's been called Fayettenam forever, because there is a huge military base there and lots of crime...

I imagine that nickname probably came first and got borrowed to use for the Fayetteville in AR, but there's no military base in Fayetteville, AR, so the nickname has a different implication. I found one comment on it on this blog.

"What does it even mean?"

Fayetteville is perceived by some to be left-wing politically, and since Vietnam is communist (pseudo communist these days), there you go.

I actually think there were times when Fayetteville, NC resembled a war zone :0

Jeremy and Jinger attended a charity dinner for his mom’s group. Looks like a nice event. I know the religious undertones are an issue for some, but it seems like they are trying to reach out to those kids. I hope there isn’t a big push toward Christianity and they just focus on helping and teaching. 

The photo is from the SWAN 4 Kida FB Page. There’s a few with JinJer in them, but nothing super exciting. 

8394A6E1-347E-4E14-8008-137B577E81F9.jpeg

Lived in Newport News, VA and Fayetteville NC, not places I would even remotely feel safe in. Sad with as many military families live in those areas. 

56 minutes ago, CharlieInCharge said:

Jeremy and Jinger attended a charity dinner for his mom’s group. Looks like a nice event. I know the religious undertones are an issue for some, but it seems like they are trying to reach out to those kids. I hope there isn’t a big push toward Christianity and they just focus on helping and teaching. 

The photo is from the SWAN 4 Kida FB Page. There’s a few with JinJer in them, but nothing super exciting. 

Jinjer looks beautiful. I still love seeing her show off her arms. Wander how mom and pops feel about that? 

4 hours ago, CharlieInCharge said:

She gets to speak and he looks at her adoringly. Nice change. She isn’t showing at all. I wonder if they announced early or if she’ll carry a bit smaller then her sisters. Hope so for her sake. 

Lovely picture of both Jeremy and Jinger there and yes, I love that she is speaking in the picture.

About carrying small, yes, I guess it is nice to not look like you have a rhino in there like I did but a big belly doesn't have to equal a big baby and a small belly doesn't have to mean a small baby, some of it is how the uterus is tilted, some the muscles in your tummy and some the length of your torso. I had a huge belly both times and I had big (3975 g and 4280 g) but not crazy big babies. My mom had the same crazy big tummy as I did and none of her babies were bigger than 3.5 kilos which cannot in any circumstance be described as huge. Two of my siblings even weighted below 3 kilos and one of my brothers was even in the hospital a couple of days for low birth weight but she was huge with him too. You also have to differentiate between a belly that looks big and one that measures big. I never measured big but looked huge but it is possible to not look very big and still measure big. 

5 hours ago, Shadoewolf said:

She looks so elegant!

"You look swellegant. That's a mixture of swell and elegant. And you're welcome." -Willam

On 1/16/2018 at 12:18 AM, Destiny said:

Further drift time! How is Discovery? I'm a big Trek fan, but I think Enterprise was an abomination, and the less said about the current movies the better. I'm a big fan of continuity, and the complete disregard for same those showed made them unwatchable for me. 

I'm really enjoying Discovery.  I was not a fan of Enterprise (or really Voyager).  Discovery is definitely kind of dark, but I like that

9 hours ago, CharlieInCharge said:

She looks so classy. Love that she's got the mic but she's still clinging to his arm.

3 hours ago, elliha said:

Lovely picture of both Jeremy and Jinger there and yes, I love that she is speaking in the picture.

About carrying small, yes, I guess it is nice to not look like you have a rhino in there like I did but a big belly doesn't have to equal a big baby and a small belly doesn't have to mean a small baby, some of it is how the uterus is tilted, some the muscles in your tummy and some the length of your torso. I had a huge belly both times and I had big (3975 g and 4280 g) but not crazy big babies. My mom had the same crazy big tummy as I did and none of her babies were bigger than 3.5 kilos which cannot in any circumstance be described as huge. Two of my siblings even weighted below 3 kilos and one of my brothers was even in the hospital a couple of days for low birth weight but she was huge with him too. You also have to differentiate between a belly that looks big and one that measures big. I never measured big but looked huge but it is possible to not look very big and still measure big. 

I know all that and to clarify I was mainly remembering how horribly uncomfortable I was lugging all that weight around and I wasn’t even that big for my size. Miniway was a pretty avarage weight at birth too. 

6 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

She gets to speak and he looks at her adoringly. Nice change. She isn’t showing at all. I wonder if they announced early or if she’ll carry a bit smaller then her sisters. Hope so for her sake. 

If Joy was right about Jinger being due about six months after her then Jinger won’t be having that kid before August. My sister is due in mid-July and hit 14 weeks early this week. If Jinger is due on August 1 then she’d have hit the 12 week mark today - meaning she could have been around 10 weeks when they announced. If she’s due later in August then they publicly announced very soon after finding out, sooner than the Dills announced Jill’s pregnancy with Izzy in fact.

Now, this is all assuming that Joy wasn’t hit with a bad case of SOTDRT or pregnancy brain by accidentally saying six months when she meant another number. It’s also assuming that they gave the correct time frame - it’s possible they stretched out how long it’ll actually take a bit for some reason (like Jinger not wanting to deal with people guessing when she’s really due or privacy or whatever.)

ETA: I’m betting she’s due in July and the Duggars just stretched the truth with that “six months” comment.

I think she’s carrying small, but also, both she and Jeremy seem like they’re in excellent shape, health wise.  I bet she’s been eating super healthy and exercising since leaving the TTH.  She’ll probably be one of those women who look like they swallowed a basketball but can’t tell she’s pregnant otherwise.

It’s also her first pregnancy and with a lot of women, it takes longer to show the first time around.

58 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

I know all that and to clarify I was mainly remembering how horribly uncomfortable I was lugging all that weight around and I wasn’t even that big for my size. Miniway was a pretty avarage weight at birth too. 

It wasn't to you specifically, more to board at large as it is sometimes assumed that this is the case here. Being pregnant is hard regardless of the size of your belly. I know a couple with small bellies who had hellish pregnancies, my pregnancies were OK physically but I had some mental issues instead (first time the midwife didn't get how serious it was so I got no help but the second time I got excellent help from a psychologist which I am so grateful for).

Isn't there a term for misheard lyrics?Mondeen?I probably spelled it wrong.Not only have I misheard lyrics but band names as well.Years ago when one the boys was in high school.I can't remember all of the conversation but the band's name was "Sublime" and I thought he said "Stop Lying" so of course I said,Boy,I am NOT lying to you....he's 34 now and still jokes about it.Mr Melon knows I come here.I even shared one the stories about the silly things we have done with him and my sons.Sometimes,they just don't share my humor but two of them cracked smiles,and one laughed,not like I laughed,I laughed all week over it.

Looking closely I can see that the dress is snug just below the midsection. Agreed that she'll probably carry small.

She looks fantastic. I wonder if she does any resistance training, her arms have a little definition.

1 minute ago, IzzyM said:

I just saw this on tumblr, according to Jeremy church website, the baby is due in July

https://www.gcclaredo.com/leadership

Great catch. So it seems like Joy just takes after me in her ability to perform simple arithmetic in her head. Now I have to go and update my prediction... if I predicted an August baby... I can't even remember.

Jinger it does look like she's been working out. Jeremy probably does a daily routine out of habit from his soccer days and maybe he encouraged her to join in.

For some reason that reminds me of the Victorian corset-wearing era where patriarchy was partially maintained by physically inhibiting women from  exercise or breathe easily.

Approving of Jinger being physically active will be good for her health in pregnancy. I really don't know about Jim Bob and Michelle but I would assume that women are treated like they are breakable objects during pregnancy in their old- fashioned patriarchy cult. Am I wrong about that?

I know Ben encouraged Jessa during pregnancy, but I seem to generally remember, because of the skirt wearing and the gender divisions, the girls stayed away from focusing on fitness or intensive activity.  Michelle also at some point decided to exercise to lose weight but that also seemed like it was for Jim Bob and was very minimal. I feel like really getting into fitness and working out would not be an acceptable female hobby for most of the Duggars, right?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived