IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 2: On to the Honeymoon Somewhere Warm

Coconut Flan

10 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Church basement or fellowship hall for the reception, punch, cake, mixed notes mints for the food. Very normal, small town Midwest wedding. Yes, even college graduates. Even professionals. I've been to them all.

I must run with a different midwestern crowd because church basements with snacks and punch and cake were only for showers, not weddings. I haven't been to a single Midwest wedding like that. 

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not being funny but I doubt fundies would lie in church. This is in reference to Chelsy's vows and walking off to get them. But it's truly a sexy thought to slip away and steal a passionate kiss. Maybe the way she really wanted to kiss him was too "inappropriate" for the others to see.:giggle:

3 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

On moving... don't hold your breath.

Now when will they buy out a neighbor so Jesse can get married?

Wishful thinking, but if John and Chelsy move away, Jesse could buy their house. 

19 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My theory is that Chelsy took on way too much in the very short time from engagement to wedding. If she had longer to plan then I think she could have pulled it off. The only help she has was most likely just her immediate family.

It's not the lack of time to plan and execute for Chelsy.  I think it is the contrast between her Pinterest pins and the actual wedding that makes me wonder.  

Also Chelsy's immediate family includes a non-passive mother, energetic sisters, cousins (who she probably reckons up by dozens), and aunts.  Plus an actual church family, unlike the Maxwell church of the elderly.  I'm surprised none of them had time to canter over to Hobby Lobby in Iowa City to grab some crap from Christmas sales.  They could have rigged up a few strands of Christmas lights, spray painted a hundred pine cones, or tossed a few baubles into apothecary jars to use as centerpieces quite easily and cheaply.  And I'm not very Pinterest-y (Pinterest-ish?)  I think her family could have done a bit more.

18 hours ago, nomoxian said:

On his website he says he charges 1,500 not including transportation

That amount of money is not enough for his family for more than a month let alone a year.

Christopher doesn't just do weddings.  He also photographs products, real estate (exclusively for John Maxwell ;)), and offers "custom" and advertising photography.  He seems a bit better at photographing inanimate objects.  He also works for CCI so he is not completely dependent on bad wedding photography.

4 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Sarah says the ‘single and married bridesmaids...’ Is there another type? I would assume ‘bridesmaids’ would separate...the bridesmaids....from the mom’s who got done up later. But, I am clearly not as biblically educated as Sarah so she must know something I don’t.

She means the single and the married bridesmaids who have not yet popped out babies.  The mommies refers to Melanie, NR Anna, Elissa and co. not just to Teri and Mama Bont.

The best part was the inflatable.

Oh, Sarah!  Now I have to post this again.  :laughing-rollingred: NSFW.

I saw this in the gallery from Christopher's November 2017 wedding shoot.  What is up with this guy? Is he praying?  Is he crying?  Has he fainted?  Is he about to throw up?  

0595.jpg

I did notice that Elissa and NR Anna were seated at the end of the bridesmaid lines. Who are the other two that are sitting? Are they pregnant as well? 

The wording is now “single and newlywed bridesmaids”. 

Not sure on the other two sitting bridesmaids. Here’s the photo:

3CC3D768-CACE-405C-AD35-ACA970617BDC.jpeg.7729bedbfc3d7c6e00b53b2a938e13cf.jpeg

Also interesting how Sarah only seems to be doing this one post about the wedding. With both previous ones they’ve done numerous posts, like “Day Before Part 3” and “The Wedding Part 4” etc. Maybe they realised that this was excessive and they were doing the posts for ages afterwards, so decided that just one post would be better.

22 minutes ago, nvmbr02 said:

I did notice that Elissa and NR Anna were seated at the end of the bridesmaid lines. Who are the other two that are sitting? Are they pregnant as well? 

It seems like the one who recently announced a pregnancy is standing closer to the bride; but I have no idea. I do think that this is the first time EVER for a Maxwell wife to be shown any deference for being pregnant and possibly being uncomfortable.  

"We'll make sure Anna and Elissa have chairs."

*blank confused stares from the whole Maxwell clan* "We don't understand....." 

edit: I'd try to guess just by looking at the photos, but I would look pregnant in that dress and I am fifty years old and pregnancy is not possible;  so that is not a good guessing tool. 

I get it, now that it’s clarified-but think it’s a very odd thing to say. But, it’s Sarah Maxwell, so I can’t expect to understand her phrases without help.

I think the last one on the left, who is sitting, is their Pastors wife & I thought I read she’s pregnant? I don’t know where-likely FJ comments? 

"my dad's sister and her husband"

...So, your aunt and uncle?

And from someone who claims to be grateful for the Lord's blessing of family.  What a weirdo.

“If you haven’t experienced being IN a wedding, well, I hope you get the opportunity. It’s really such a special thing!”.

Oh Sarah. It’s even more special when you’re the bride....

Why is Cathy Cathy Jo in one pic and Cathy Joy in the next?

“With 14 bridesmaids, and going in the opposite order, well, you have to think quick.”

Wtf does that even mean?

The inflatable was..... odd. At first glance it looked like a Santa, but we all know the Maxwells wouldn’t condone that. But it seems strange to me to purchase a giant blow up dog to put in the back of the grooms car.

I’m sure the Cathy Joy thing is just a typo. The other stuff is just standard Sarah-Maxwell-speak, ie badly written. 

28 minutes ago, lilith said:

“With 14 bridesmaids, and going in the opposite order, well, you have to think quick.”

Wtf does that even mean?

I thought this wording was odd too. I am assuming she means the person standing furthest from the bride walks down the aisle first. But it seems like that should have been figured out in the rehearsal and everyone should know who they are walking in back of. You don't have to remember where everyone else is. 

Re: the bridesmaids and going in opposite order...

Oh geesh, Sarah!

First, this should have been worked out at the rehearsal. Has homeschooling rendered them so helpless that they can't remember their place in line?? 

Second: IF a reminder is needed, somebody stand a distance from the sanctuary door and say "Pretend I'm the bride.  Ladies, line up in front of me - maid of honor closest to me. When we walk in, those going in first will be furthest from the bride during the wedding." Remember this tip for Jesse's wedding.  

Third, Chelsy could easily have made a list "Order of entry - Bridesmaids 1 through 46." 

I really am starting to think that one reason these women will never marry is because the Maxwell family could not handle being in charge of the actual wedding.  I just can't with these people.  

Edit to correct Chelsy's name. 

Im new to the Maxwells and wasnt sure what yall were talking about mentioning Christophers terrible photography. But oh my goodness. I checked out the most recent wedding he shot and am dumbfounded as to how he thought those pictures were a good idea. A picture of cutting lettuce??? And the groom face down in a chair?? Multiple pictures of other people taking pictures... On what earth are those good wedding photos??

Something very interesting to me, was that Sarah didn't know about the drone beforehand. That means the Maxwells weren't informed of the wedding schedule!

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I must run with a different midwestern crowd because church basements with snacks and punch and cake were only for showers, not weddings. I haven't been to a single Midwest wedding like that. 

This was exactly my wedding in Texas (1989) as well as my sisters' weddings in Maryland (1970s), but we do have some pretty deep midwest roots.

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

On his website he says he charges 1,500 not including transportation

That amount of money is not enough for his family for more than a month let alone a year.

He doesn't have a mortgage, doesn't have student loans, doesn't have ANY debt. Heck he probably gets money BACK on his taxes since he has children. 

That said, I still don't know how he gets clients, if what we see of his wedding photography is any indication.

Just what color would you call those bridesmaid dresses? "Leftover blue?" "Budget Blue?" Or is it all just so badly lit and badly photographed. Ugh as in Ug-ly

Northeasterner here: The one cake-and-punch-only reception I ever attended happened in 1970. I was my cousin’s bridesmaid, and our grandmother suffered a stroke and was comatose a week or so before the wedding was scheduled. The bride’s family decided to forego the planned restaurant reception (with open bar, dinner, and dancing) in favor of a more solemn affair, with cake and punch in the church hall.

On the other side of the family, a few years later, my grandma died two weeks before my cousin’s wedding. Sharp as a tack to the end, she insisted that the wedding go on as planned even if she died the day before.  It did, and everyone had a ball in memory of Grandma. She was buried in the beautiful dress she’d bought to wear to the wedding.

I have a question regarding wedding rehearsals. 

I'm wondering what is standard for everyone here as far as dress. Is it something one would choose a special outfit for? Or is it something to which you would just arrive in whatever you wore that day?  I'm asking more out of curiosity than snark. 

It seems that Chelsy's friends and relatives chose to go a bit dressier than everyday wear, while the Maxwell women mostly went with a casual look, which could easily be because they had just driven a long distance. 

What is the norm for your families/areas? 

IMG_9448.PNG

I have bought a new dress for each of the kids' rehearsals and dinners.  They're only say a third to half as fancy as the dress for the wedding.  I guess it would be nice church dress level if I still wore dresses to church regularly. 

In my area, you dress up for rehearsals. Guys usually wear a shirt and a jacket and some will wear a tie. Women usually wear a nice dress. Its not as dressy as a wedding but you still dress up a bit. It is at the very least business casual. Everyone at this rehearsal looks underdressed to me. They are dressed more to go to the mall than a wedding reception.

My 4 year old nephew wore a Spiderman costume to a wedding rehearsal last summer. He as the ring bearer. 

I think it really depends on the person. I've known people who have bought special white rehearsal dresses and required their bridesmaids to show up in full hair and makeup, and I've known people who are just like "Wear clothes that are clean." Personally, I'd just want everyone to be comfortable both at the rehearsal and the actual wedding, but not like in pajamas. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived