IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 2: On to the Honeymoon Somewhere Warm

Coconut Flan

There is a new wedding of Christopher's site from a November wedding.

One wedding a year is apparently enough for an insufferable, rule making photographer to keep going.

And fundies living by absurd rules will go to great lengths to get their perfectly godly photographer -  looks like the wedding was in Alaska. 

Who the hell flies a photographer to Alaska from Kansas? What, there are no good, Christian photographers in the entire state? Or even Seattle? Or Canada?

**edit** oh, I get it...the bride is a Buckingham. There are ties there; creepy, creepy fundie ties.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regarding disappointment as to Cheksy’s wedding decor - we haven’t seen the reception yet. I’m expecting it to look like Pinterest exploded in the snow.

37 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

There is a new wedding of Christopher's site from a November wedding.

One wedding a year is apparently enough for an insufferable, rule making photographer to keep going.

And fundies living by absurd rules will go to great lengths to get their perfectly godly photographer -  looks like the wedding was in Alaska. 

Who the hell flies a photographer to Alaska from Kansas? What, there are no good, Christian photographers in the entire state? Or even Seattle? Or Canada?

**edit** oh, I get it...the bride is a Buckingham. There are ties there; creepy, creepy fundie ties.

Semi-open flames down the aisle, that picture of the groom on his knees facedown in a chair like he's a sorority girl who's had one too many at the reception, not one but two Homeschool Musical jump shot poses, groom carrying the bride like a caveman during the recessional, and the bride hunching over like someone punched her in the solar plexus and sucked all the calcium out of her bones...yup, looks like a Maxwellian kind of wedding. 

17 minutes ago, lilith said:

Regarding disappointment as to Cheksy’s wedding decor - we haven’t seen the reception yet. I’m expecting it to look like Pinterest exploded in the snow.

Shoot they did have a few pictures of the reception on Instagram that are gone now. It wasn't over the top at all. It was pretty ordinary actually. 

Yay I did save some! Here they are: 

IMG_5960.PNG

IMG_5961.PNG

Question: do the Bontragers ever watch TV or go to the movies? Do they keep up with sports? Wondering what the chances are that “The Beast” makes an appearance in the newlywed’s house.

Those pix look more like they’re set up for Thursday night bingo at the local VFW Hall than a wedding reception. Jebus, even if you’re on a budget there’s so much more you can do to make a room look festive. What a odd wedding this was. 

2 minutes ago, deborahlynn1979 said:

Question: do the Bontragers ever watch TV or go to the movies? Do they keep up with sports? Wondering what the chances are that “The Beast” makes an appearance in the newlywed’s house.

They watched the presidential debates and the republican primaries. I’m pretty sure they also watch “classic” type movies.

They probably won’t purchase an actual beast though, they’ll just watch on a computer monitor (like Steve, the hypocrite with a massive computer screen opposite his bed - but NEVER a television!).

Oh, looking at Chris' latest wedding photographs makes me remember all his greatest hits. Awkward angles that make even the loveliest bride look dowdy? Check. Mysterious back lighting that makes for hideous shadows and maximum highlighting of flyaways? Check. Artfully out-of-focus photographs that are out of focus on the only part anyone would care about? Check. Pinteresty dress shots where the dress is hung on the least attractive thing/background available? Check. Weird shots of vendors who are just there doing their thing and are unimportant to document (I mean, the repairman at the church and the videographer? Come on now...) Check. 

That shot of the bride in the aisle with her dress pulled out and to the side would be lovely, if he had noticed her slip was showing. It's like he gets so close and then he just Maxwells it up.

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Shoot they did have a few pictures of the reception on Instagram that are gone now. It wasn't over the top at all. It was pretty ordinary actually. 

Yay I did save some! Here they are: 

IMG_5960.PNG

IMG_5961.PNG

Wow.  That is bleak.  Please tell me that is was before they put some decorations out.  It makes the rehearsal dinner look "mahvellous."

6 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Wow.  That is bleak.  Please tell me that is was before they put some decorations out.  It makes the rehearsal dinner look "mahvellous."

Unfortunately I think that is fully decorated. But I'm sure they turned on a few more overhead lights at least. 

My theory is that Chelsy took on way too much in the very short time from engagement to wedding. If she had longer to plan then I think she could have pulled it off. The only help she has was most likely just her immediate family. I bet the Maxwells didn't help much. I think she did get a little help from a local girl that helps with events but she doesn't seem like a pro or anything. Probably more of a Sierra type. Chelsy made her own dress along with all the cheesecakes for the reception. Plus she was in Kansas all the time helping with the house. I think that's why the wedding and reception turned out the way they did.

On 1/6/2018 at 7:38 PM, lilith said:

John and Chelsy could do really well with real estate - they have construction skills to flip houses and I think Chelsy would be really good at staging homes for sale.

Flip Or Flop Fundies!

2 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

...yup, looks like a Maxwellian kind of wedding. 

It also looks like the family doesn't know about using a lettuce, err pizza cutter.

3 hours ago, fundiefan said:

On his website he says he charges 1,500 not including transportation

That amount of money is not enough for his family for more than a month let alone a year.

Sheesh, I have been to after receptions for funerals that had a warmer vibe to them than that photo gives off.

I just looked at Christopher’s latest attempt at “photography”. That little girl with the wreath on her is looking up at him with a look that says, “you really suck at this”. Sarah is a much better photographer than Christopher.

Unfortunately I think that is fully decorated. But I'm sure they turned on a few more overhead lights at least. 
My theory is that Chelsy took on way too much in the very short time from engagement to wedding. If she had longer to plan then I think she could have pulled it off. The only help she has was most likely just her immediate family. I bet the Maxwells didn't help much. I think she did get a little help from a local girl that helps with events but she doesn't seem like a pro or anything. Probably more of a Sierra type. Chelsy made her own dress along with all the cheesecakes for the reception. Plus she was in Kansas all the time helping with the house. I think that's why the wedding and reception turned out the way they did.
I agree. Especially making her dress & still teaching piano lessons and cooking for her family in the weeks before she left (i think those were posted on the family and Allison's blog, respectively), although she might have done the last two for enjoyment and nostalgia. Regardless it all seems like too much food on her plate. I hate to say this because nobody likes to hear it, but she did look tired leading up to the event!

7 hours ago, FloraKitty35 said:

Sheesh, I have been to after receptions for funerals that had a warmer vibe to them than that photo gives off.

As Willam says in one of his Beatdown videos: "I've seen more upbeat abortions." 

New pictures up on the Maxwell blog!

And wow, John almost got into a very bad car accident right before the wedding. How scary!

3 minutes ago, freethemall said:

And wow, John almost got into a very bad car accident right before the wedding. How scary!

I believe this has happened before...

Also a picture of Stevie’s sister, is that a first?

50 minutes ago, freethemall said:

Didn't John get into an accident awhile back also? Curious to know if he is an inattentive driver, a magnet for bad drivers or just plain bad luck.

Thankfully it sounds like this time it wasn't too bad and everyone was okay. I hate driving on icy roads. 

14 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Dear lord I hope they turned on a few more lights. Eating in the dark is not very appealing. 

I guess when the candles were lit it was a bit better. I think Chelsy was trying to go for a "romantic winter wonderland" vibe.

My conspiracy theory prediction: Steve found and destroyed Chelsy's vows

Chelsy said she and john first bonded over their speeding tickets. Let's hope these two take car seat safety seriously with their future litter.

17 minutes ago, scoutsadie said:

Sarah's explanation in the latest blog about Chelsy's vows: 

Screenshot_20180108-083158~2.png

I don't believe for a minute that she forgot her vows, or that they couldn't find them.  No way.  She is much too organized for that.  It was intentional, and I'm not sure why, but would speculate that they wanted their first kiss (if it was their first kiss) to be off-stage.

Flying the ring in on a drone just added to the overall show (vs. ceremony).  You would think that, given the reference that fundies have for marriage, they would treat the wedding ceremony with some solemnity.  I don't understand how it is that they are comfortable with treating it so casually and as a show of sorts.

So they served only taco soup and cheesecake at the reception.  Thought they could have put out a little more food than that, although it was probably tastier than the brown and beige rehearsal dinner.  I guess they felt with a mid afternoon reception that they didn't need to do much more.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived