IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 2: On to the Honeymoon Somewhere Warm

Coconut Flan

8 minutes ago, theologygeek said:

I giggled over "John Single."  The truth is out.  Teri had an affair with Mr Single and conceived John.  

No one will ever believe that since John is looking more and more like Steve's clone everyday.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, theologygeek said:

I giggled over "John Single."  The truth is out.  Teri had an affair with Mr Single and conceived John.  

Someone needs to gift Sarah with a dictionary:

immediate family

noun

one's parents, step-parents, siblings, spouse, children, step-children, foster children, in-laws, sibling in-laws, grandparents, great grandparents, step-great grandparents, grandchildren, aunts, uncles, nieces, and nephews

Perhaps "nuclear family" is too ebil science for the Maxwells so they, per usual, reinterpret words for their own use.  

Christmas day in Maxhell, same as every other day in Maxhell. 

I am single and live alone. My family does Christmas on Christmas Eve and the extended family (aunts! uncles! cousins!) do a Christmas party in January. So, Christmas day for me is not a big deal. It's a day off. The day after the celebrating. 

And my Christmas day was far more of a holiday than their day. Then again, I don't live by a godly schedule or have a narcissistic asshole controlling my life, so I suppose it's not surprising. 

47 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Christmas day in Maxhell, same as every other day in Maxhell. 

I am single and live alone. My family does Christmas on Christmas Eve and the extended family (aunts! uncles! cousins!) do a Christmas party in January. So, Christmas day for me is not a big deal. It's a day off. The day after the celebrating. 

And my Christmas day was far more of a holiday than their day. Then again, I don't live by a godly schedule or have a narcissistic asshole controlling my life, so I suppose it's not surprising. 

I live alone, too. We do Christmas Eve as a family, then get together the afternoon of Christmas Day, so I have some time to myself both days—chilling, doing last-minute wrapping or baking, taking cookies to friends. It’s kind of a nice balance.

Absolutely spot on,   Theologygeek.  Excellent points.  And I truly hope  J + C will move to Iowa.   The question is whether John will have the strength to break the chain with which Steve has shackled him.  Frankly, I'm not sure why they decided to live so close to S + T. Doesn't John's irrigation business make him fairly portable?  I'd gotten the impression that he was the least involved in their computer business.  But just speculation.  I don't know......

Oops. Sorry. Should have quoted directly before posting. Am having some glitches.  Sorry, sorry for any confusion.  Will fix before posting again.

( Just realized I sound totally Canadian.Which I am.  )

Does John still have the irrigation business? I try to keep up, but I'm not really sure how any of them earn a living. I know Christopher does photography and I guess they are still selling books and whatnot? 

7 minutes ago, Emilycharlotte said:

Does John still have the irrigation business? I try to keep up, but I'm not really sure how any of them earn a living. I know Christopher does photography and I guess they are still selling books and whatnot? 

I wonder if the married sons have other streams of online income that Steve doesn't know about. Surely have must have some kind of regular income.

I don’t think Christopher does much photography anymore. The older two boys do IT consulting for small businesses and churches. I have no idea how they make enough money to support two large families from it. 

The three younger boys have Swift Otter, whatever the fuck that does. They used to have some sort of construction business, but it seems to be defunct. John has his irrigation business. I suspect the younger boys are heavily propped up by Communucation Concepts (Steve’s umbrella company), especially while living at home and purchasing their debt free house.

Thankfully Chelsea has her own money to bring to the marriage. And I wouldn't be surprised if she kept making money after marriage (piano lessons or something else).

44 minutes ago, Emilycharlotte said:

John is a licensed realtor. It's been some time since he sold a home, however.

https://www.zillow.com/profile/KansasHomeForYou/ 

"As a Realtor, every day is different. He loves adventure, meeting new people, and trying new things." He never was a good fit for Maxhell, where there is no adventure, no new people and the days are exactly the same.

Here's hoping all your burritos contain spices and meat from here on out, John!

John and Chelsy could do really well with real estate - they have construction skills to flip houses and I think Chelsy would be really good at staging homes for sale.

15 hours ago, grammyj said:

Absolutely spot on,   Theologygeek.  Excellent points.  And I truly hope  J + C will move to Iowa.   The question is whether John will have the strength to break the chain with which Steve has shackled him.  Frankly, I'm not sure why they decided to live so close to S + T. Doesn't John's irrigation business make him fairly portable?  I'd gotten the impression that he was the least involved in their computer business.  But just speculation.  I don't know......

I think he'd move if she was firm about it.  He's a man who never had sex with anyone but her.  He's gonna go where the sex is.  Did you ever watch My Big Fat Greek Wedding?  I've seen it a million times.  One of my favorite movies.  Chelsy reminds me of one of the quotes from the movie.  "Let me tell you something, Toula. The man is the head, but the woman is the neck. And she can turn the head any way she wants."  She just reminds me of that.  Submissive, but gets her way when she wants something. 

John's interests and skills seem to match up far better with Chelsy's brothers than his own.  It's only a matter of time before they head back to Iowa, maybe 2-3 years, IMHO.

Allison said this in her blog comments. So it seems that they may not plan to live in Maxhell forever. Although I'm sure Steve plans it that way.

IMG_6074.PNG

Once Chelsy begins having teh babies every 18 months, starting in 9 to 10 months...hopefully she'd find more support among her own family, and that would be another impetus to move back to the Bontrager hive. 

The thing is, even though John was the difficult one, he's done everything "right" in the fundie world so far. He lived at home, bought his own house, found a fundie wife, and is now going to start having a litter of kids. He no longer has to live under Steve's watchful eye and deal with the daily passive aggression that kept him in line. He is now the head of his own family. He gets to make the decisions. He's extended family. He makes his own money in real estate. He doesn't rely on Steve. This is why I think John is most likely going to be the first to move away from Maxhell. I think they will stay in their home for a few years and eventually move. And I really hope it inspires Joe or Jesse to do the same eventually. 

On 1/4/2018 at 12:24 PM, bertnee said:

That balloon dress is amazing!! And requires far more creativity than the Maxwells have combined.

Love that balloon dress. But you'd SWEAT in that thing.. and what about going to the bathroom!!

15 hours ago, lilith said:

John and Chelsy could do really well with real estate - they have construction skills to flip houses and I think Chelsy would be really good at staging homes for sale.

I don't know about that. There were very high expectations for the wedding with her 'sense of style', etc...and that was a roaring disappointment. 

2 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

I don't know about that. There were very high expectations for the wedding with her 'sense of style', etc...and that was a roaring disappointment. 

I still hold out hope that the drab, weird wedding decor was a result of Maxwell meddling. Because while I have some quibbles with the fit of her dress and her being barefoot in single digit temperatures outside, I think that her dress and overall bridal style showed attention to detail and a level of creativity. I think that was all her and had she had more creative control in the scenario I think played out, she would have had a decor that matched the aesthetic of her dress/flower crown. 

14 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

From what we've seen of the house so far, Chelsy is going with some very safe choices that would appeal to a lot of buyers. I definitely think she could figure out what appeals most to the buyers in Kansas.

18 hours ago, lilith said:

I don’t think Christopher does much photography anymore.

Thank Rufus for that!  Sounds like he didn't photograph this wedding as Poor Sarah mentioned having to go through I phone pics.  Which is great since I wasn't up for pics of serving tongs, the bride standing outside the john, and a wedding dress on a hanger.

13 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Thank Rufus for that!  Sounds like he didn't photograph this wedding as Poor Sarah mentioned having to go through I phone pics.  Which is great since I wasn't up for pics of serving tongs, the bride standing outside the john, and a wedding dress on a hanger.

The Bontrager Bowers double wedding had two wedding dresses hanging in a tree. It looked like a freak tornado came through Iowa as the ladies were getting dressed and their gowns got caught in a tree.

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The Bontrager Bowers double wedding had two wedding dresses hanging in a tree. It looked like a freak tornado came through Iowa as the ladies were getting dressed and their gowns got caught in a tree.

This sounds like something the Arndts have done.  Seriously, when did this become a thing?!

1 hour ago, Elegant Mess said:

This sounds like something the Arndts have done.  Seriously, when did this become a thing?!

Thank Pinterest....

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived