IGNORED

Jinger 34: Now with Hol(e)y Jeans and Pregnant!

samurai_sarah

31 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Here's hoping for a naming theme to honor Jinger: baffling spelling choices. I predict their first will be a girl named Gulia.

Lol, I'm a big fan of Renaissance names, so Giulia (along with Lucretia and Sancia) is a contender for me!

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Daisy0322 said:

I doubt they'd wait a year if any of them waited to have sex. I use to have a little faith not all of them jumped into having sex but with all these honeymoon babies ... I doubt it.

Do we not remember Jeremy’s creepy innuendos during the filming of their honeymoon? Something like, “what’s your favorite thing about marriage...besides the obvious?” She looked mortified and he was definitely alluding to sexy time. 

@Daisy0322, this wasn’t directed at you, I just didn’t want to scroll back and find where this particular chatter started. ;) These two were def hunching right away.

3 minutes ago, Candydandy said:

If parents have disowned their children then yes I am being naive. Cant imagine  that situation happening. I do need to " wake up". 

It's not just fundies -- I've seen statistics saying that up to 40% of homeless youth in the US are LGBT+.  Their families throw them out or they run away because of what their families subject them to.  It's a big problem. 

Ugh. Double ugh.

Sure; no doubt Jinger and Jeremy are happy about it. Hurray for them.

But there are so many reasons to be annoyed about it, for anyone who is the slightest bit critical of this cult.

So here are my reasons:

• It gives Jim-Boob another reason to boast about the family's prodigious fertility.
  • It passes on yet more of Jim-Boob's and Michelle's dna.
  • It gives another reason for Counting On to continue (I keep hoping it will end).
  • It contributes to making the cult look lovely and fulfilling, rather than what it really is (repressive, oppressive, and especially dangerous to children and women).
  • It contributes to the message that massive families are desirable.
  • It endorses the idea that the meaning of life--certainly for women, but also, I think, for men--is simply procreation.
  • It validates the sexist idea that women are nothing more than baby machines.

Finally, can I just add that I hate the term "expecting"? You're pregnant, Jinger. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with using that word.

5 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

how early can you find out the gender? 

Usually not until the kid is talking, at least ;)

You can find out the sex around 2 months gestation. 

1 minute ago, Pete Pickles said:

Do we not remember Jeremy’s creepy innuendos during the filming of their honeymoon? Something like, “what’s your favorite thing about marriage...besides the obvious?” She looked mortified and he was definitely alluding to sexy time 

Ugh I forgot about that... very JB of him. I wonder if there's any psychological reprocussions from going from first kiss to sex in a single afternoon. 

Then people will ball them out and make fun for being pretentious, stealing another’s cultures  names, giving her her a “weird” name, just misspelling it( Erhmagerd! don’t these idiots know how to spell Julia!!!)...any of this sound familiar? 

I vote for a Anyway a nice trendy but normal name like Lilly or a a virtue name like faith

Another Duggar pregnant. Damn, there's gonna be a lot of them. 

Hoping it's a boy for obvious reasons, and because I'm not in the mood for pink and frilly and giant headflowers. 

Do you think Jeremy and Jinger actually talk to gay people at a regular basis or just preach about/to them?

Do they have access to gay people, like a conversion camp nearby or something?

7 minutes ago, Candydandy said:

If parents have disowned their children then yes I am being naive. Cant imagine  that situation happening. I do need to " wake up". 

Yes, it does happen. It happens in many families, but homophobic or transphobic religious beliefs can make it much worse. Here’s an article from March 2017 that discusses the topic in general:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/lifestyles/ct-homeless-lgbt-teens-parents-20170329-story.html

@lumpentheologieis correct - according to the article 40% of homeless youth in the US identify as LGBTQIA. That statistic is horrifying enough, but even more so when you consider LGBTQIA youth make up less than 10% of the population. 

Sometimes, it is people without the least amount of religious conviction who can be the angriest and least accepting of an LGBTQIA child. I also believe that some people who truly and wholeheartedly follow a faith of love and acceptance are the most accepting. Faith doesn't make you NOT accept it. 

I don't think Giulia is a particularly weird or trendy way to spell that name.  Maybe because I know a lot of Italian people (bro in law was born in Italy, plus I live in Toronto which I think has one of the largest Italian speaking populations in the world).

If Jessa, gets pregnant, ALL the married sisters except Jill will be pregnant. Jill would be devastated. Out of all the married Duggars, Jill was adamantly clear at her wedding and in each interview that "We will have AS MANY BABIES as the Lord gives us!"  :my_angel:

If Jessa, Kendra, Joy, and Jinger all did a preggo photoshoot together, I could see it cracking Jill, especially now that they've been ousted from the show as well...

17 minutes ago, Candydandy said:

It happens, a LOT.  Read about this man from Alabama, he was out against Roy Moore in support of his daughter, who was a lesbian. But killed herself, in part because he refused to accept her for who she was.  It is a heart breaking story, and he's out there trying to make sure other parents don't make his mistake. 

https://www.vox.com/identities/2017/12/12/16766528/roy-moore-lgbtq-bigotry-nathan-mathis

4 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Sometimes, it is people without the least amount of religious conviction who can be the angriest and least accepting of an LGBTQIA child. I also believe that some people who truly and wholeheartedly follow a faith of love and acceptance are the most accepting. Faith doesn't make you NOT accept it. 

Sure, but we're talking about people who have literally said that they do not accept it.

Just now, singsingsing said:

Sure, but we're talking about people who have literally said that they do not accept it.

That is why I say people with real faith. Sure they might not "get it" at first, but if they really believe this child is their blessing or they love their child unconditionally, they will come to an understanding. I don't believe the Duggars have real faith. They think they do, maybe some really do, but I don't believe they all do. 

7 minutes ago, Analytica49 said:

Ugh. Double ugh.

Sure; no doubt Jinger and Jeremy are happy about it. Hurray for them.

But there are so many reasons to be annoyed about it, for anyone who is the slightest bit critical of this cult.

So here are my reasons:

• It gives Jim-Boob another reason to boast about the family's prodigious fertility.
  • It passes on yet more of Jim-Boob's and Michelle's dna.
  • It gives another reason for Counting On to continue (I keep hoping it will end).
  • It contributes to making the cult look lovely and fulfilling, rather than what it really is (repressive, oppressive, and especially dangerous to children and women).
  • It contributes to the message that massive families are desirable.
  • It endorses the idea that the meaning of life--certainly for women, but also, I think, for men--is simply procreation.
  • It validates the sexist idea that women are nothing more than baby machines.

Finally, can I just add that I hate the term "expecting"? You're pregnant, Jinger. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with using that word.

I, too, would very much like Counting On to end, haha. I love weddings and babies as much as any one, but not an entire series worth....gah. 

Technically, we don't know how cult-ish JinJer will be as parents. Do they hold similar beliefs to JB&M, yes. Will they be as strict and suffocating about it, who knows. They don't seem to be striving for a massive family, actually, or as meaning-of-life-is-procreation-for-Jesus as JB&M. We'll just have to see. 

I'm sure I've probably posted my name predictions for Vuolo babies on some FJ thread or another, but I can't remember where lol.....I think if it's a boy they might do Charles after Jeremy's dad, or something equally classic and "sophisticated" sounding (Robert/Thomas/etc). For a girl I like Clara or Sophia, or Giulia/Julia like some others have already suggested. 

16 minutes ago, adidas said:

Usually not until the kid is talking, at least ;)

You can find out the sex around 2 months gestation. 

And to go off this: it's impossible to mis-gender a newborn! A newborn doesn't have the cognitive ability to HAVE a gender yet. They don't even have a concept of self until toddlerhood generally! 

So if you want to default to the sex of the child instead, there's no harm in that. 

The IMPORTANT thing is that when the child begins to express their gender, you listen, respect what they are telling you, and affirm their own sense of self.

Ahhhh, congrats to them!! JinJer seem thrilled. Hopefully they are as happy as they appear. Glad they got some time alone before the eleventy babies arrive. I have a feeling it's a boy too...definitely smaller than the other Duggar grandkids!

I know it's silly, but I actually think a spices/herbs/plants theme would be SO FREAKING CUTE. Think of the options!! Rosemary, Pepper, Sage, Barry, Artemisia, Bay, Laurel, Jasmine, Lavender, Marjoram (Marjorie), Poppy, Juniper, Rue, Cherry, Holly, Rose, Clove, Arrowroot (Arrow), Mace, Maple, Pumpkynn......okay, maybe not that last one. ;) 

2 minutes ago, bananabread said:

Ahhhh, congrats to them!! JinJer seem thrilled. Hopefully they are as happy as they appear. Glad they got some time alone before the eleventy babies arrive. I have a feeling it's a boy too...definitely smaller than the other Duggar grandkids!

I know it's silly, but I actually think a spices/herbs/plants theme would be SO FREAKING CUTE. Think of the options!! Rosemary, Pepper, Sage, Barry, Artemisia, Bay, Laurel, Jasmine, Lavender, Marjoram (Marjorie), Poppy, Juniper, Rue, Cherry, Holly, Rose, Clove, Arrowroot (Arrow), Mace, Maple, Pumpkynn......okay, maybe not that last one. ;) 

I love the name Poppy. 

32 minutes ago, eveandadam said:

Do you think Jeremy and Jinger actually talk to gay people at a regular basis or just preach about/to them?

Do they have access to gay people, like a conversion camp nearby or something?

I'm assuming said gay persons would run like hell after the first sentence. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived