IGNORED

Tori Bates - Part 4: Pretty Dresses Hiding Ugly Ideologies

samurai_sarah

3 minutes ago, stardust said:

It'll actually be 5 months they've been married on the 16th not 6 months, but I agree she's definitely pregnant. Right on time for an announcement too going off of the pattern set by Erin and Alyssa's first pregnancies. 

Lol I can’t math. Seriously though. I’m not good at math as you can tell ;)

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean, that’s certainly more than Kelly would ever write about tori and her academic accomplishments... can’t snark on this one too much. I just hope she gets to use this degree she worked for and not have a bunch of kids right away...oh wait.

Cringing at Magna Cumme Laude and all the other errors in that post, but it was really sweet of him.

51 minutes ago, QuiverDance said:

Cringing at Magna Cumme Laude and all the other errors in that post, but it was really sweet of him.

Writing Magna Cum Laude might be too sinful!!!

Would Crown actually change the spelling of the Latin to avoid "the appearance of sin"? Or am I reading too much into this post?

I went on the Crown College website because I had nothing to do and found out (to my horror) that unless I'm misreading, the only math requirement for a degree in elementary education is introduction to algebra. Which is... 7th grade math. So Tori will barely be more educated than the 6th graders she will be teaching. That is not good at all. But I am very happy for her for getting a degree and the potential for a fulfilling profession as a teacher in the future. 
Also, if anyone has a lot of time: the video about Nepal on the Crown College website is very funny. I think they hired a speakerguy who usually does barbecue advertisements or something, his voice so doesn't fit the soft music and soft-spoken young man in the video :D What is it with fundies and Nepal though? Derick was there, too. 

I have a feeling Tori is brilliant. That may explain the crankiness surrounding her personality. Sometimes when people are significantly smarter than their circumstance, they come off annoying when really they're just annoyed by the lack of proper stimulation - in general. No excuses. Just a possible explanation.

Anyhow, Magna Cum Laude? Wow! Sorry can't snark when women's education is on the table. Too important to me. Don't care if it's a Christian college, because I know better. I saw the credit schedule. Not a walk in the park. Also B.S. is a versatile degree. Further, I have been noticing more and more education majors following literacy tracks because there is high demand for that in challenged regions. Smart.

Tori better take her behind to somebody's school and teach!!!##$$!

Is that too much to ask??? God grants us gifts not to waste. Sadly Crown mentioned homeschooling in it's curriculum summary.:tw_cry:

Maybe Tori can start her own Christian academy or sumpin'. After the baby of course! lol Afffttterrr! You can do it Tori. Break away!!!!! Baby steps.

But maybe homeschool is better. Less range in passing down harmful ideology, I suppose.  I'm always torn by theses kind of announcements. Certainly better than the usual type from this camp, but maybe not so different in the long run.

Can we just talk for a second about Kelton and Zach looking like they’re posing for prom photos in this group shot:

EE9EFA8B-32BD-42C2-BA94-61E92B4F6567.jpeg.074a632363153b2198e0e01767866fcb.jpeg

:pb_lol:

19 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Can we just talk for a second about Kelton and Zach looking like they’re posing for prom photos in this group shot:

I think Zach was probably messing with him. I want to talk about Callie’s giant bag. It’s almost as big as her! I hope she’s just holding it for someone.

What about the young Bates brother at the far left who looks like he's breaking out in an opera aria?

9 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Oh my God, this is amazing. If I could ever bear to part with Rufus, I would totally make that my user picture.

12 hours ago, TatiFish9 said:

I have a feeling Tori is brilliant. That may explain the crankiness surrounding her personality. Sometimes when people are significantly smarter than their circumstance, they come off annoying when really they're just annoyed by the lack of proper stimulation - in general. No excuses. Just a possible explanation.

Anyhow, Magna Cum Laude? Wow! Sorry can't snark when women's education is on the table. Too important to me.

I think this could be a good reason why she wasn't into wedding planning/wanted to wait until after she graduated...evidently she was really focused on her grades and taking her education seriously. I can't fault her there. I'd prioritize school over wedding cake flavors too. 

3 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Oh my God, this is amazing. If I could ever bear to part with Rufus, I would totally make that my user picture.

Poor Ellie! Someone save that girl!

Despite what Bobby's and the official Bates Family instagram posts say, I don't see how Tori could have earned a Bachelor of Science, since Crown doesn't offer that degree. What she should theoretically have earned is a Bachelor of BIBLICAL STUDIES, or BBS, in Elementary Education. (see this page here: https://thecrowncollege.edu/academics/school-of-education/)

A BBS is not even remotely the same thing as a BS, since a BBS focuses primarily on biblical studies with the other degree content as an add on. It's generally offered only at Christian educational institutions. (see this page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bachelor_of_Biblical_Studies

1 minute ago, Kangaroo said:

In case you missed it in the Bates discussion thread:

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/news/tori-bates-is-pregnant-expecting-first-child-with-bobby-smith/

Tori is pregnant, and the child is due in November.

Ugh, and that announcement brings home yet another reason why Tori waiting until after graduation to get married would have been better for her. It says she was experiencing "extreme morning sickness" (whether that just means sick a lot or hyperemesis gravidarum is unspecified), which would have made her student teaching a far more difficult experience than if she was not pregnant. Classy, Bobby.

I guess we should be glad she didn’t get pregnant on her honeymoon. That way her last semester in college wasn’t completely full of morning sickness. 

Silver lining folks :-/

6 minutes ago, stardust said:

Where did you hear that she's due in November? The article only says she's due sometime in the fall

Their Instagram (Tori and Bobby’s)

6 minutes ago, stardust said:

Where did you hear that she's due in November? The article only says she's due sometime in the fall

As @VBOY9977said, it was mentioned via Instagram.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived