IGNORED

Tori Bates - Part 4: Pretty Dresses Hiding Ugly Ideologies

samurai_sarah

22 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She would probably like living down in Florida with Bobby. The family would visit occasionally but then they will leave her in peace for a month or two at a time. And they can’t push her into doing things for the show she does not want if they are far away. But their visits would be full of pushing her into irritating situations.

Aren’t they moving to Nashville? That is 4 hours away from her parents so that would give them some space. I think moving away from both parents is healthy for them.

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, TeaELSee said:

Aren’t they moving to Nashville? That is 4 hours away from her parents so that would give them some space. I think moving away from both parents is healthy for them.

Knowing Kelly she’ll probably dump a kid on them each week now that flying them out isn’t needed. Not to mention Carlin wanting to go to Nashville all the time to visit Evan.

i hope they do get some space but who knows 

24 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Knowing Kelly she’ll probably dump a kid on them each week now that flying them out isn’t needed. Not to mention Carlin wanting to go to Nashville all the time to visit Evan.

i hope they do get some space but who knows 

I agree. It’s still close enough for Kelly and Gil to force them into filming dumb shit for the show.

Lawson is in Nashville a lot and all they'd have to do it tag along with him.  

To be fair, spending time with your adult sibling you seem to have a good relationship with isnt really comparable to flying two teenagers to live with their elder sister and 3 children under 3 a week after she has a baby.

I agree though, I hope the 4 hour distance is just enough of a barrier that they can have their own space and privacy most of the time. 

6 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I jut think Gill and Kelly are conniving. Did they push a marriage because it was for the best for the show? That I don't know. I do think that they pushed Tori out of her comfort zone for the show. I think it's likely that they will continue to do that unless she goes far, far away.  

This I agree with. I think their family lives for the camera at this point. I dont think Tori could have had a low key wedding if she wanted to. I also wonder if they stall and approve courtship based on film scheduling. I wouldn't be surprised if they did. However, to fake like they were marrying after graduation knowing December was always the date isn't fake aka reality tv. It's just a down right lie. Now I can see if Tori had this idea to wait, then the family started pressuring them to move it up (for tv or for religion, whatever). But to go in knowing after graduation was never really an option but saying it was is just too ridiculous to me. But I could see how that would increase ratings. #tension #realitytvsucks

2 hours ago, clueliss said:

Lawson is in Nashville a lot and all they'd have to do it tag along with him.  

I think Evan is in it close to Nashville too. I wonder if he and Carlin will move there. Honestly I often wonder what exactly those two will do once married. There's less details about their careers than the other couples.

Don't forget they have Nathan, the pilot. Nashville is only a hop skip and jump in a plane.

1 hour ago, TatiFish9 said:

This I agree with. I think their family lives for the camera at this point. I dont think Tori could have had a low key wedding if she wanted to. I also wonder if they stall and approve courtship based on film scheduling. I wouldn't be surprised if they did. However, to fake like they were marrying after graduation knowing December was always the date isn't fake aka reality tv. It's just a down right lie. Now I can see if Tori had this idea to wait, then the family started pressuring them to move it up (for tv or for religion, whatever). But to go in knowing after graduation was never really an option but saying it was is just too ridiculous to me. But I could see how that would increase ratings. #tension #realitytvsucks

I think Evan is in it close to Nashville too. I wonder if he and Carlin will move there. Honestly I often wonder what exactly those two will do once married. There's less details about their careers than the other couples.

I don’t think anyone was saying this. We were pointing out pretty much what you agreed with - that Tori very well could have genuinely wanted to wait until after graduating to marry, but Bobby proposed too early for that for some reason and it was no longer an option due to their standard three month engagements. I do think it’s extremely likely her parents played a role somehow considering how pushy Kelly was with Brandon and Michael, but we can’t know for sure unless they publicly mention that. 

As for CarVan, I assume that Evan will continue working the reception job until he qualifies as an Electrician or has to leave if he needs to do an internship. Carlin, I believe, is pursuing a music degree right now. I don't know if she’s interested in teaching or recording music, but she could at least put that to use with the band thing that Evan’s family has going on. I’m sure that her job will eventually become all about birthing and raising babies though, regardless of whether she completes her education or not. Let’s hope that isn’t for a while and is because Carlin legitimately wants to do that.

@VelociRapture okay. I read several posts that needed clarity on of the entire thing was fake. I do understand reality tv is staged. I also know there are brands and standards shaping what they do on tv. That's sad enough.

Agreed to the all about birthing part especially for her but she may surprise us. I know Katie recently stated she wanted to become a nurse. I am not sure if she is talking home health or actually certification. Either way. I hope these women actually practice in their fields. I don't see the point otherwise.

9 hours ago, TatiFish9 said:

@VelociRapture okay. I read several posts that needed clarity on of the entire thing was fake. I do understand reality tv is staged. I also know there are brands and standards shaping what they do on tv. That's sad enough.

Agreed to the all about birthing part especially for her but she may surprise us. I know Katie recently stated she wanted to become a nurse. I am not sure if she is talking home health or actually certification. Either way. I hope these women actually practice in their fields. I don't see the point otherwise.

I would hope they use their educations too. I think Tori would probably be the one best setup to use her education if she eventually becomes a stay at home mom, especially if she and Bobby choose to homeschool. It’ll be very interesting to see whether Katie is allowed to pursue nursing and, if so, whether she manages to finish whatever program she enrolls in. Nursing can be a really intense field (for good reason) and is definitely not for the faint of heart or those who aren’t pretty comfortable with the human body. If this is what she really wants then I do very much wish her luck and hope she does well. 

And I just need to tell you, every time I see your avatar I have a mental image of Nathan Bates reacting to Ashley’s recent haircut and it never fails to make me laugh.  :pb_lol:

ETA: As for what the point of education being if they don’t use it, the experience of being in an actual classroom with non-family members could be a really good thing for these young adults all by itself. Even if they attend very religious schools, they’ll still be exposed to people with thoughts and experiences that don’t match their’s exactly. 

I admit I think it’s kind of odd that these girls all don’t get an education degree. They are all probably planning on homeschooling their children. So why not get a degree in education so you can do a better job of educating your children? I would think it would be a much more popular degree amongst fundies.

On 4/27/2018 at 5:09 PM, mollysmom said:

QuiverDance, I don't know how to tag you so I have to quote you lol sorry!

First of all, I love your profile picture!!! And second, I just realized that whenever I read your posts I read them in her voice!!! lol I cracked up when I realized I was doing it!!!!!

NONE FOR GRETCHEN WEINERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I’m picturing Damian dressed as Santa handing out engagement rings to the Bates daughters:

”Erin Elise, a ring for you. Alyssa Joy? A ring for you too. Michael Christian? A ring after waiting eleventy years, Michael Christian! You go Michael Christian! And uh... Tori Layne? Oh, here you go, one for you... and none for Carlin Brianne, bye!”

4 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Now I’m picturing Damian dressed as Santa handing out engagement rings to the Bates daughters:

”Erin Elise, a ring for you. Alyssa Joy? A ring for you too. Michael Christian? A ring after waiting eleventy years, Michael Christian! You go Michael Christian! And uh... Tori Layne? Oh, here you go, one for you... and none for Carlin Brianne, bye!”

Lmao! just spit out the sandwich I'm eating:pb_lol:

I found it really weird that Tori fed Bobby his piece of the wedding cake off the knife used to cut it.  (I was a long knife and there was cake on at least 1-1/2" of the blade.)  

Did she not understand she was suppose to feed it to him from her fingers?  Maybe no one told her this?  

It was a awkward moment and she could have really hurt Bobby's mouth too.  

@VelociRapture

I was very shocked to hear of Katie's choice along with the fact that she is currently in a one year bible program. What exactly does that mean? I believe it's the same one Joseph attended...maybe. Anyhow good for her. Great news if she actually becomes an R.N.

LoL@ Nathan and my avi. I wonder if he'll ever love again.:my_rolleyes: Or will he eventually settle for second best?

Btw, I'm still trying to get over what he said to Tori about not wearing her hair up for her wedding. I can't believe they're actually brainwashed to believe that only long hair is attractive. Unfortunate.

I think we will see more fundies cutting their hair. I predicted it awhile ago but it’s taking awhile to catch on. I think Jinger will eventually chop hers off. Probably 6 months after she has her first baby. No pixie cuts. Just some should length bobs or just past the shoulders. Alyssa already cut hers to just past her shoulders a year or two ago. She will probably do it again at some point. Josie might talk one of the fundies into it. 

Did anyone notice the bit sandwiched in between the last set of commercials during the latest episode of BUB?  (The episode was all about what it's like to be on the show and filmed - basically a love letter from the executive producer [Matthew Hightower] to the family - they're all so "encouraged!".)  It said there would be a "Special Announcement" during a "special Bringing Up Bates" next Thursday and then they flashed to various people (Alyssa, Lawson/Nathan/Trace, Tori, Zach, Whitney, Judson, & Jeb).  Any speculation or news?

9 hours ago, Snarkle said:

Did anyone notice the bit sandwiched in between the last set of commercials during the latest episode of BUB?  (The episode was all about what it's like to be on the show and filmed - basically a love letter from the executive producer [Matthew Hightower] to the family - they're all so "encouraged!".)  It said there would be a "Special Announcement" during a "special Bringing Up Bates" next Thursday and then they flashed to various people (Alyssa, Lawson/Nathan/Trace, Tori, Zach, Whitney, Judson, & Jeb).  Any speculation or news?

Yeah it’s being talked about on the general thread if you wanna go put your guesses there. I’m betting on a pregnancy announcement 

I think the special announcement would be a Tobby pregnancy. She is getting close to graduation (has she done it already?) and is officially married in the series. 

They will be married 6 months on the 16th. It’s very likely she’s pregnant. Most people who have unprotected sex for 6 months get pregnant. So even if they don’t announce a pregnancy, they will soon enough. 

On 4/29/2018 at 2:57 AM, TatiFish9 said:

1234.png

I'm 90% sure that this is a maternity top on Tori, not because of how she looks in it, but because of the ruching on the side toward the bottom. Some non-maternity tops do have ruching on the side, but in that case it usually goes all the way up so as to highlight the waist, while this top only clings to the bottom of the abdomen, maximizing the appearance of a belly. Also, Tori has consistently favored clothes that cover her up (loose tops, and wedding dress sleeves), so it seems like an uncharacteristic choice for her otherwise.

21 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They will be married 6 months on the 16th. It’s very likely she’s pregnant. Most people who have unprotected sex for 6 months get pregnant. So even if they don’t announce a pregnancy, they will soon enough. 

Well at least she finished college before popping out a kid, right?  :562479528aee8_32(4):

On 5/6/2018 at 5:26 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

It'll actually be 5 months they've been married on the 16th not 6 months, but I agree she's definitely pregnant. Right on time for an announcement too going off of the pattern set by Erin and Alyssa's first pregnancies. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived