IGNORED

Tori Bates - Part 4: Pretty Dresses Hiding Ugly Ideologies

samurai_sarah

I hope Tori works in an actual school. It would be interesting for many reasons especially because she never went to an actual school herself. Still want it for her.

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fundies really like singing during their wedding (okay to be honest Joy is the only one who is coming to mind) 

12 minutes ago, candygirl200413 said:

Fundies really like singing during their wedding (okay to be honest Joy is the only one who is coming to mind) 

Michael also had Lawson sing at her wedding.

I think Alyssa had the sister of that guy that helps Erin record music sing at her wedding. It’s on YouTube.

And let us not forget Josh singing a song about remaining faithful to Anna at their wedding.

So yeah, it totally seems to be a common theme at fundie weddings.

I remember laughing and being so taken aback by the cringe worthy singing and song choice at Joy’s wedding.

For some reason I kinda liked Bobby’s song. He was sincere, the lyrics were nice and her wasn’t performing.

What is up with Tori?  Something is off with her. I used to think she just had a strong willed personality and I found that charming when she was younger. Now I just find her rude and irritating.

Tori really does look beautiful. Kelly annoyed me again last night during the episode by deciding Michael would fix a slip for the flower girls when she arrived. The boys spray painted the trees (although they seemed to get a lot help from a friend) one sister did the cake, the other the flowers. Remind us again Kelly what do you do?   

Does anyone else think it looks like Bobby's parents are always a little bit annoyed with Tori? His dad tried to say something to Tori on the walk outside after the wedding. She ignored him and I think he rolled his eyes. 

Kelly always acts like Michael is her rescuer. Oh thank God, Michael is here! Now everything can get done! Michael is a saint. 

32 minutes ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

Kelly always acts like Michael is her rescuer. Oh thank God, Michael is here! Now everything can get done! Michael is a saint. 

They do that with Chad too, for more construction-related stuff.

Michael is truly the Jana for the Bates.

Ever since that clip someone posted with the Bates' and Smith's going to that tapas restaurant where the Bates' had no manners so that whole looking annoyed won't surprise me.

Do we know who the non-related bridesmaids were?  She had 10 bridesmaids but besides her 5 sisters and Whitney, who else was there?  Also, did anyone else see Grandma Mary in the background at the wedding?  She was in one of the front pews. 

Did Tori/ Judson(?)( Actually not sure if it's Jeb) have a close relationship? I noticed he cried during the ceremony during the song and also in this picture.

the caption said it’s Judson (I think Kelly edited it) 

it always breaks my heart to see the little kids cry when one of their sister moms is leaving 

This picture is HEARTBREAKING:

image.png.c29644ea6f715a43fe27d0b2fc1eef06.png

A reminder as always how traumatic it must be for these younger kids to lose their sister moms when they get married. At least she's nearby for now before moving to Nashville, but still. Poor little Jud, for whom Kelly wrote, "And yes, the tears on Jud’s face are a picture of a whole lot of love for his big sister." Dude, you stupid woman, the tears are not just his love but his LOSS.

15 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

I think part of that is the fact that the ceremony is such a big deal to them. They tend towards simple receptions and more elaborate ceremonies.  I say that as someone who had two songs at her wedding. (Stand by Me and The Irish Wedding Hymn.)

2 hours ago, JMO said:

Do we know who the non-related bridesmaids were?  She had 10 bridesmaids but besides her 5 sisters and Whitney, who else was there?  Also, did anyone else see Grandma Mary in the background at the wedding?  She was in one of the front pews. 

IMG_3859.PNG.aafd52be7d8d1eb3a0c7465f54b3b27f.PNGYup. Catherine Smith is Bobby's sister, Devonna Killin is a Clown College friend, and Abby Paine is a longtime family friend and Chad's sister.

Does Bobby come from a small family? I noticed he didn't have any brothers as groomsmen. 

13 minutes ago, lumpentheologie said:

Does Bobby come from a small family? I noticed he didn't have any brothers as groomsmen. 

I believe he has just the 2 sisters. 

On 1/24/2018 at 8:26 AM, QuiverDance said:

Tori isn’t getting a job. Come on y’all. Also, Hendersonville is fundie/Bible thumper/hypoChristian  central. That is the home of CBN of Paul and Jan Crouch fame. 

QuiverDance, I don't know how to tag you so I have to quote you lol sorry!

First of all, I love your profile picture!!! And second, I just realized that whenever I read your posts I read them in her voice!!! lol I cracked up when I realized I was doing it!!!!!

I thought that Tori giggling during the vows was kind of silly. She obviously was nervous, but the nonstop laughter was annoying.

19 minutes ago, wandering woman said:

I thought that Tori giggling during the vows was kind of silly. She obviously was nervous, but the nonstop laughter was annoying.

I laugh uncontrollably when nervous. I cannot make it stop and it's awful. She said that she wanted to stop laughing.

5 minutes ago, Kelsey said:

I laugh uncontrollably when nervous. I cannot make it stop and it's awful. She said that she wanted to stop laughing.

I do that too. I have gotten better over the years though. 

1 hour ago, Kelsey said:

I laughed through my wedding ceremony because I was so excited.

(Plus, the JOP incorporated Harry Potter into the sermon portion and that just made me really happy. Lol!)

On 4/27/2018 at 1:24 PM, freethemall said:

This picture is HEARTBREAKING:

image.png.c29644ea6f715a43fe27d0b2fc1eef06.png

A reminder as always how traumatic it must be for these younger kids to lose their sister moms when they get married. At least she's nearby for now before moving to Nashville, but still. Poor little Jud, for whom Kelly wrote, "And yes, the tears on Jud’s face are a picture of a whole lot of love for his big sister." Dude, you stupid woman, the tears are not just his love but his LOSS.

Heartbreaking indeed :( It's always obvious on the little one's face when they're devastated to see their mom leave them, I wonder how the sister moms feel about it long term. Michael did seem sad to be leaving Callie when she married, I wonder if she or any of the other girls recognize what they did as parenting.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived