IGNORED

Tori Bates - Part 4: Pretty Dresses Hiding Ugly Ideologies

samurai_sarah

4 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

As @VBOY9977said, it was mentioned via Instagram.

I didn't see this video! Thanks!!! 

I hope she has a safe delivery and a healthy baby. 

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, metheglyn said:

Despite what Bobby's and the official Bates Family instagram posts say, I don't see how Tori could have earned a Bachelor of Science, since Crown doesn't offer that degree. What she should theoretically have earned is a Bachelor of BIBLICAL STUDIES, or BBS, in Elementary Education. (see this page here: https://thecrowncollege.edu/academics/school-of-education/)

A BBS is not even remotely the same thing as a BS, since a BBS focuses primarily on biblical studies with the other degree content as an add on. It's generally offered only at Christian educational institutions. (see this page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bachelor_of_Biblical_Studies

Where did you see what degrees Crown offers? I searched all over the website. I could not find any info except the Dean of Education has a B.S. in Math & Science and a 
M.S. in Educational Administration. I must admit that does seems suspicious.

How did you discover that she has a B.S.S.? Or are you guessing? This family has PR. They should know the difference between B.S. in education and Biblical Studies. Totally different courses of study. 

I don't see why they're inflating their children's accomplishments when they have no problem promoting a 1 year Bible Studies, non-credit degree. 

It's sad if they're lying to people. No need.

8 minutes ago, TatiFish9 said:

Where did you see what degrees Crown offers? I searched all over the website. I could not find any info except the Dean of Education has a B.S. in Math & Science and a 
M.S. in Educational Administration. I must admit that does seems suspicious.

How did you discover that she has a B.S.S.? Or are you guessing? This family has PR. They should know the difference between B.S. in education and Biblical Studies. Totally different courses of study. 

I don't see why they're inflating their children's accomplishments when they have no problem promoting a 1 year Bible Studies, non-credit degree. 

It's sad if they're lying to people. No need.

The link I posted above to the School of Education page on the Crown website specifically says that it's a "Bachelor of Biblical Studies". They list a BBS in Elementary Education and one in Secondary Education. That seems pretty clear to me.

BBS.thumb.PNG.e8c5dcf92d4a03662fe035fe8e5a7d2e.PNG

Here's the link again if you want more detailed info: https://thecrowncollege.edu/academics/school-of-education/ 

Pensacola Christian College, on the other hand, where Bobby went *does* offer a Bachelor of Science degree, so he might be confused. And while I have questions about the Crown College SoE's Dean's actual skills and knowledge, both of the degrees he lists do exist at Pensacola (though the name of one of them is *slightly* different than he listed). See here: PCC Natural Sciences Department (Mathematics) http://www.pcci.edu/Academics/Divisions/ArtsAndSciences/NaturalSciences/  and PCC Education Department http://www.pcci.edu/Academics/Divisions/ProfessionalStudies/Education/ 

@metheglyn Yes, it is clear. For some reason, I can not see it on my screen because of the way the bachelors is posted on another grid. But I definitely see it on your screen shots! What the hell???

Geezzz. So Tori has a Bachelors in Biblical Studies. Good grief. Why don't they know the degree she received?  They're just up there telling lies. It will be another "Jill: Is she or ain't she a midwife?" again as they scramble to clarify Tori's degree.

Let me go check on Josie. Is she an actual beautician or is she a beautician of Biblical studies??? 

8 minutes ago, TatiFish9 said:

@metheglyn Yes, it is clear. For some reason, I can not see it on my screen because of the way the bachelors is posted on another grid. But I definitely see it on your screen shots! What the hell???

Geezzz. So Tori has a Bachelors in Biblical Studies. Good grief. Why don't they know the degree she received?  They're just up there telling lies. It will be another "Jill: Is she or ain't she a midwife?" again as they scramble to clarify Tori's degree.

Let me go check on Josie. Is she an actual beautician or is she a beautician of Biblical studies??? 

Huh, that's weird. Websites can be so odd sometimes.

Josie has something of a hybrid degree from Crown's School of Trades and Technology, since part of that program does involve getting the Foundation for Christian Life Certificate, the same certificate Trace earned. It's a one year certificate if that's all you're doing, but it's integrated over two years in the cosmetology program.

Regardless of the religious studies elements, the Crown cosmetology program DOES prepare you for the state cosmetology licensing exam, so that part at least is legitimate. And since she has a job in an actual salon, she presumable passed the exam. (Although I couldn't find a license for her in Tennessee, but I acknowledge I might be looking for it wrong.)

https://crowntradesandtech.com/programs/cosmetology/

Sorry. I'm late to the Crown College stuff. Now I see why you all call it Clown College. LoL Smh.

Basically, outside of its trade school, Crown is a glorified Bible Institute? Nothing wrong with it, I suppose. But there are actual Christian colleges that award "regular" non biblical studies degree. Crown is not that. 

The Bates are putting on the appearance of "higher" educating their children, but really they're just sending them to part two, three and four of Adult Sunday School??? Amirite??!!

Is there any truth in this world? lol

11 minutes ago, metheglyn said:

Regardless of the religious studies elements, the Crown cosmetology program DOES prepare you for the state cosmetology licensing exam, so that part at least is legitimate. And since she has a job in an actual salon, she presumable passed the exam. (Although I couldn't find a license for her in Tennessee, but I acknowledge I might be looking for it wrong.)

The license information can be found here: http://verify.tn.gov/

Just enter in her name and stuff.

I don't if their site is not mobile friendly or it's just my phone. I can't even see the full picture of the teacher pointing at the board.  :5624795033223_They-see-me-rollinroll: I knew it was odd that there was no degree listed.

7393847.png

27 minutes ago, ColeJo said:

The license information can be found here: http://verify.tn.gov/

Just enter in her name and stuff.

Right, so apparently, regardless of how you get to the verification page it defaults to searching for licenses for architects and I didn't notice when I hit that website earlier. Whoops! That would account for the weird lack of results I got before even though I was indeed in the right place.  :laughing-rollingyellow:

Now that I actually know how to use the website it makes so much more sense and I get the same result as  @Coconut Flan . Thanks all. And it looks like Josie's licensed through 2020. Good for her, getting a degree and state-recognized certificate that's actually worth something and that, at least for the moment, she's actually using!

26 minutes ago, TatiFish9 said:

I don't if their site is not mobile friendly or it's just my phone. I can't even see the full picture of the teacher pointing at the board.  :5624795033223_They-see-me-rollinroll: I knew it was odd that there was no degree listed.

7393847.png

Well, they advertise filtered wifi internet on the campus, and many of their attendees probably also use restricted internet portals, so I wouldn't be surprised if they did fail to consider mobile usage when designing their website if they don't expect their prospective students to have easy internet access on their phones.

Now I kind of feel bad for Michaela again.  It must be so hard to see all her sisters get pregnant with such ease.

Bobby and Tori do seem excited, we know she wants a lot of kids. Everyone in her family names her (used to say her and Michaela) when they ask who will have the most children.

If it’s a boy we won’t have to guess the name!

Re Tori's degree: Well, they aren't lying when they say that what she earned from Crown was BS. 

1 hour ago, TeaELSee said:

Now I kind of feel bad for Michaela again.  It must be so hard to see all her sisters get pregnant with such ease.

Bobby and Tori do seem excited, we know she wants a lot of kids. Everyone in her family names her (used to say her and Michaela) when they ask who will have the most children.

If it’s a boy we won’t have to guess the name!

That's exactly what I was thinking. If it's a boy he'll be Robert Ellis Smith IV but I predict they'll call him 'Robbie' for short. I can't picture Tori with a girl for some reason. I feel like she'll be like Erin and have a boy first. I also have a feeling Tori's gonna mature super fast they way Erin did after she became a mom. I remember that Erin seemed really immature in the 19KAC episode where she got married to Chad but she was so much more mellow by the time Carson was born. 

Not that it was unpredictable,but I was proud of myself for guessing. I also ageee Michaela has to be a a little sad that people who have been married way less time than she has are becoming pregnant. Also I could expect Carlin to be a little sad since her best friend Joy Anna is married with a baby and her best friend in the house is married and pregnant. 

This may just sound whiny but I do feel for Carlin in that regard. I’m the youngest of the first set of grandkids and was very close to my cousins growing up. I skipped work and school events to attend their weddings, and was in one, and now that I’m getting married half of my cousins can’t attend because of new babies or important work events. I get it and I’m so happy for them, but it does feel like getting left behind a little bit. Hopefully Carlin’s friends and sisters make an effort with her, but honestly I can’t wait for Carlin’s wedding just for the drama-rama.

Well we was right so, another baby. Poor Michael! I have the feeling this will be another boy. 

Is so Strange to picture Tori with a baby in the fall...At least they "wait" a little bit after the honeymoon before having a blessing. 

If I'm doing my math correctly with 40 weeks in mind (I had my kids at 37-38 weeks but let's say 40) then she was insta-pregnant after the wedding in January. 

41 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

If I'm doing my math correctly with 40 weeks in mind (I had my kids at 37-38 weeks but let's say 40) then she was insta-pregnant after the wedding in January. 

Not a honeymoon baby, but close- The wedding was in December, and she most likely got pregnant some time in February to have a November due date. A due date of November 1 would put her conception date at around February 8. She could be due later in the month, of course.

10 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

Not a honeymoon baby, but close- The wedding was in December, and she most likely got pregnant some time in February to have a November due date. A due date of November 1 would put her conception date at around February 8. She could be due later in the month, of course.

Yep. I would have been due on or around Halloween 2016 with our first if I hadn’t miscarried. Conception happened on or around February 7th (Super Bowl Sunday was fun that year. Lol!)

With a November due date, Tori is likely anywhere between 11 and 15 weeks at this point. The Bateses have, thus far, tended to wait until the second trimester to announce, so I’d bet Tori is closer to 13 weeks than 11 weeks.

So Tori more than likely got pregnant on her second cycle after the wedding. That's not waiting. That's getting pregnant super fast.

ETA: I guess if she's due at the very end of November, it could have been her third cyle, but even so: super fast.

12 hours ago, Kangaroo said:

In case you missed it in the Bates discussion thread:

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/news/tori-bates-is-pregnant-expecting-first-child-with-bobby-smith/

Tori is pregnant, and the child is due in November.

Just saw the Bates fam insta post and my heart skipped a beat and I instantly became nauseated. I’m not sure why because I know I shouldn’t be surprised but every time, I just get so sad.

My son (first baby) just turned 3 weeks. He is a sweet and relatively easy baby. My husband and I have a 7 year relationship foundation. We own a home, have excellent and well paying jobs and are 30 years old. And ya know what? Being pregnant is gross and filled with embarrassing moments me having a baby is HARD. I knew it would be hard but until it happens, you really can’t know how hard. 

I cant imagine being in Tori’s position or any other young fundie bride (Jill comes to mind) that barely knows their spouse and aren’t sure how ends will be met. 

I really wanted it to be a lame graduation announcement....

I'm due on September 6 (23 weeks pregnant), the cycle I conceived began on November 30. If she's due in November, the earliest she could have conceived is around mid-February. Tori's probably around 12-15 weeks, late first/early second trimester.

Kelly's post about her pregnancy combined with her graduation is somewhat sad to me. My MIL was pregnant with her first child when she graduated with a teaching degree. She went on to have 3 children and a 30 year career in education. I'm skeptical that Tori will ever actually put her degree to use (even if it is only a Crown BS.)

12 hours ago, metheglyn said:

I don't see how Tori could have earned a Bachelor of Science, since Crown doesn't offer that degree. What she should theoretically have earned is a Bachelor of BIBLICAL STUDIES, or BBS, in Elementary Education. (see this page

So if I'm understanding this correctly, she didn't get what most people view as a degree in education? She got a degree that focuses on biblical studies with a side of education? 

I am so shocked that Tori is pregnant. How could anyone have predicted that? *sarcasm* 

Who cares about her fake degree? She's pumping out babies for Jesus! 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived