Jump to content
IGNORED

Counting on Season 4- Part 4: Duggar Time or Watching Paint Dry


samurai_sarah

Recommended Posts

Firebird

We already know what they will cover. 90% will be recaps of previous seasons, 5% will be talking heads about the previous seasons or them saying, "gee Davey, I have no idea what x is." Another 2% will be shots of cows and fields followed by another 2% of material we already knew from their Instagram, and the other 1%will be new material where the faithful fjers  try to decipher the real feelings of the Duggar family behind their perfect masks.

 

  • Upvote 26
  • Love 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Buzzard

    23

  • singsingsing

    19

  • nst

    15

  • Ivycoveredtower

    15

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rufus bless. 

So, it appears (yet again) that I will be occupied during the regularly scheduled Counting Bullshit airing.  To make up for that I'm posting the recap in its entirety below.  I will put it behind a sp

Joy making a point of saying that they will accept all the kids that the Lord gives them because " he won't give us more than we can handle ". Keep telling yourself that girl. 5 yrs and 4 kids from no

Posted Images

albanuadh_1

If it's wedding prep for Joe and Kendra , I will have to boycott! I just can't go through another back - asswards wedding prep... with giggling to boot!

  • Upvote 13
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
SassyPants
3 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Don't forget "we plan to adopt".

Wait...

If she's not PG, and HWS is >9 months of age, they could adopt, right????

  • Upvote 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
JordynDarby5
3 hours ago, JMO said:

No way!  I can't really read the list so I'm going to trust you on this.  We joke on here about that name, Were they really considering it?!?  

Its on the list. Its the last name I can make out. I wish I could figure out the rest of the names especially the one that looks like it ends in 'ssa'. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
MoonFace
1 hour ago, Firebird said:

We already know what they will cover. 90% will be recaps of previous seasons, 5% will be talking heads about the previous seasons or them saying, "gee Davey, I have no idea what x is." Another 2% will be shots of cows and fields followed by another 2% of material we already knew from their Instagram, and the other 1%will be new material where the faithful fjers  try to decipher the real feelings of the Duggar family behind their perfect masks.

 

One thing for certain, with the Dullards out of the picture we won't have film of Dickhead puking on the side of the road.  

  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 17
  • Love 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
snickers34
8 hours ago, MoonFace said:

One thing for certain, with the Dullards out of the picture we won't have film of Dickhead puking on the side of the road.  

Seriously! Only famewhore fundies would think going on TV would be the way to solve your medical issues. I still feel like him thinking it was a good idea to film a scene of himself puking, then burping while puking was the moment he lost his fucking mind and was never going to get it back.

  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
VeryNikeSeamstress
15 hours ago, JordynDarby5 said:

Its on the list. Its the last name I can make out. I wish I could figure out the rest of the names especially the one that looks like it ends in 'ssa'. 

Jenessa? I actually know a Jenessa.

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Eternalbluepearl
32 minutes ago, Dogalog said:

I'd call my daughter Jasmine, Jacqueline, Julia, Jemima, Jessica, Judith, Juliet or Justine before I'd name them Jinger.

 

I can understand your point. For some reason personally, I don't mind the name Jinger. "Jinge" is kind of a fun nickname. Now the name Joy-Anna on the other hand, I just find awkward to say. Not that any of the Duggar offspring can help what their name is. Jasmine would have been a pretty name!

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
VelociRapture
9 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

Did they ever figure out what the issue was? I kind of wonder if it could be psychosomatic. 

As far as I remember it was related to exercise and food. I think intense exercise combined with specific foods would cause him to get sick, I know a few posters on here have spoken about personal experiences with this and one of them may be able to explain better. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
JordynDarby5
3 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

I can understand your point. For some reason personally, I don't mind the name Jinger. "Jinge" is kind of a fun nickname. Now the name Joy-Anna on the other hand, I just find awkward to say. Not that any of the Duggar offspring can help what their name is. Jasmine would have been a pretty name!

Me too. At least its not the same like Joy-Anna and Johannah or Joseph, Josiah and Josie. But I do find it odd that it came before a Jennifer and Johanna. Most people would use up Jennifer, Johanna and maybe even Jinger before going to names that sounded similar to their other daughters names. Same with their sons.   

  • Upvote 6
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/21/2017 at 3:45 PM, SorenaJ said:

Names the Duggars have used that are all variants of the same name:
John, Jana, Johanna, Jackson 
Joseph, Josie 

I never thought of it that way before, but Jana and John, twins, literally just have the appropriately gendered version of the same name 

(Also, I have always wondered if the Duggars uniquely decided to change the pronunciation of her name to match -to anglicize the /J/ sound- or if it's just a more common variant in the US)

 

Edited by seraaa
  • Upvote 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
Rachel333
14 minutes ago, seraaa said:

I never thought of it that way before, but Jana and John, twins, literally just have the appropriately gendered version of the same name 

(Also, I have always wondered if the Duggars uniquely decided to change the pronunciation of her name to match -to anglicize the /J/ sound- or if it's just a more common variant in the US)

 

Like saying it like "Yahna?" That would be pretty unusual in the US (though I do have a cousin named "Johanna" pronounced like "Yohahna"). The way they pronounce "Jana" is definitely the most common.

Edited by Rachel333
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rachel333 said:

Like saying it like "Yahna?" That would be pretty unusual in the US (though I do have a cousin named "Johanna" pronounced like "Yohahna"). The way they pronounce "Jana" is definitely the most common.

Yes!

I wondered because I am not in the US, and all the Janas I've come across pronounce it the European way

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

What I don't get is that while all the other reality shows rely on conflict and drama, where producers magnify or even create more drama, CO pretends everything is fine in Duggarville. 

I'm not saying making conflicts worse or profiting from drama is ethical, but selling this fake idea about a perfect family when in reality the Duggars' ideals are very destructive, is worse. TLC is very complicit in painting fundamental Evangelical Christianity in a positive light and in marketing it towards a large public.

  • Upvote 22
  • I Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
MoonFace
21 hours ago, Queen said:

What I don't get is that while all the other reality shows rely on conflict and drama, where producers magnify or even create more drama, CO pretends everything is fine in Duggarville. 

I'm not saying making conflicts worse or profiting from drama is ethical, but selling this fake idea about a perfect family when in reality the Duggars' ideals are very destructive, is worse. TLC is very complicit in painting fundamental Evangelical Christianity in a positive light and in marketing it towards a large public.

Id be more interested in seeing them actually prepare a meal - a real meal and see someone set the table and all sit down to a family meal. 

I picture food (tator tot casserole and whatever slop they lay out) and everyone grabbing a paper plate and plastic utensils like they are in a school cafeteria.   

It would be interesting to follow ME around for a day that is not part of a script to see if she actually does anything with those kids. 

You know - a REAL day in the life.  

But we all know that won't ever happen. 

  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
allthegoodnamesrgone

I'd like to see Joy & Austin fixing up their house. If Jana WANTS to, I'd love to see her plan her garden and what she does for it.  What the married and unmarried kiddults do all day for work, not pretend work REAL work. 

  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if they will show Amy and the gang going snow tubing? They flew to the resort. Interesting how the Duggars fly all over now, yet in their 14/15/16 Kids and Counting days the whole family were shown barfing from air sickness. Was that cured or faked for the cameras? 

  • Upvote 9
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
picklepizzas
On 12/21/2017 at 1:54 PM, SassyPants said:

Wait...

If she's not PG, and HWS is >9 months of age, they could adopt, right????

I think they can technically start the process at that point but it'll take awhile and she's likely to get pregnant again before they complete the process. 

  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
NotQuiteMotY
On 12/31/2017 at 5:56 PM, Markie said:

I wonder if they will show Amy and the gang going snow tubing? They flew to the resort. Interesting how the Duggars fly all over now, yet in their 14/15/16 Kids and Counting days the whole family were shown barfing from air sickness. Was that cured or faked for the cameras? 

Maybe they just pack lots of dramamine? And I guess it's possible to acclimatize; that can happen with seasickness.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
NewOrleansLady
On 12/22/2017 at 5:20 AM, Firebird said:

I still think they should have had a Jezebel. it is biblical after all

It follows the EL pattern just like Samuel or Israel.  I think I'm getting a little loopEL.  Too much reading with the wrong glasses.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Buzzard locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



  • Recent Status Updates

    • choralcrusader8613

      choralcrusader8613

      I am going to scream or commit a crime. Why is Driscoll still a thing?!
      CW: misogyny, sexual gross, TMI
       
      · 0 replies
    • Maggie Mae

      Maggie Mae

      Where is the lost and found thread? I want to talk about the Wilkersons (simple living ak) but I'm not sure which thread or where to post. 
      · 5 replies
    • HerNameIsBuffy

      HerNameIsBuffy

      I bet no fundy mom every got such a touching Mother's Day tribute...

      Wishing everyone who celebrates a happy Mother's Day...and some extra love to others out there missing their mom's today, too.
       
      · 2 replies
    • Jasmar

      Jasmar

      My uncle just died from COVID. He wasn’t that much older than I am, so I kind of grew up with him. Just ten days ago my mom had been pleading with him to get vaccinated, but he wanted to wait to make sure the shots were really safe. I’m kind of devastated.
      · 6 replies
    • PumaLover

      PumaLover

      I just found out my little bonus kid is in a treatment center on a suicide watch tonight. He and I share a hobby and a couple weeks back he opened up to me that he's severely depressed and was wanting to hurt himself. I let his parents know and thankfully he had also been talking to them. I'm just heartbroken because him being in this center means that his parents had to call 911 and have him admitted and I know that was so hard for them to do. He's a young kid and has his whole life ahead of him but just wants to end it all and I don't know how to help him. 
      · 6 replies
    • HerNameIsBuffy

      HerNameIsBuffy

      Middle aged woman with mommy issues...but missing her today.
      She got so much wrong with me, but she had the best intentions and tried so hard. 
      She got so much right, too.  I forget that sometimes.  Sometimes I remember and dismiss it out of spite.  
      “They did the best they could with the tools they had.”  I forgot where I first heard that but I’ve carried it with me like a mantra since my parents passed.   They truly did.  Whatever else was missing, whatever I needed that they couldn’t give, the love was always there.  

      Always. 
      That’s something.
      My confidence in my own abilities.  Faith in my own power.  My own strength.  They gave me that, too.
      That’s also something.  
      They’re why I’m messed up, but they’re also why I’m okay.  
       
      Shit’s complicated.
      She died before I figured out how smart she really was.  Sad thing is I don’t think ever figured that out for herself.  
      Ignore me - just crying in my car waiting to pick up my son.  

       
       
      · 1 reply
    • CuttySark

      CuttySark

      The nice thing about posting about Jewish history is how quickly it flushes out the antisemites. 😘
      · 2 replies
    • choralcrusader8613

      choralcrusader8613

      I've been feeling a shitload of this for a while now about various types of Christians tbh.

      · 0 replies
    • HerNameIsBuffy

      HerNameIsBuffy

      It's Friday so yay!  But sweet Jesus I need it to be the end of the day already.  Crappy week and I'm so ready for it to be over.

      · 0 replies
    • nst

      nst

      I got vaccinated yesterday. In the am I got the email and I was  vaccinated 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Blog Entries

×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.