IGNORED

Lori Alexander 35: Closing Windows Because of the Fires

31 minutes ago, Koala said:

(I noticed you didn’t use one Bible verse in your comment.)

Wow...she never ceases to amaze me.

So, if I understand her comment right, if somebody doesn't use a Bible verse in an argument, it's not Christian enough and doesn't count then? Because it's not like there's other ways to prove your faith by your actions or words. :my_huh:

As I recall, there were quite a lot of Christians involved in various social justice causes from the abolition of slavery to the civil rights movement. Even though there wasn't always a specific verse in the Bible telling them to do it, somehow they were able to connect what they learned in church with injustice in the real world and do something positive about it. Not sure how much more someone could be living out their faith! 

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, LizzieDawn said:

Lori is sure that we want our son's future wife to be "kind, gentle, warm, loving, and cheerful" toward our son.  Dear God, no.  

Well, yeah, I want that. I also want him to be the same to his spouse. I want them to be equal, in independence, intelligence, and ability to run the house. Basically, I want them to be in a happy egalitarian relationship.

If they did use the Bible, she'd just delete it, as she's done in the past.

But back to minding your own business...

We are to do our own business at home and not involve ourselves with other’s business.

In the very same post, she says:

There’s going to be a Women’s March in Los Angeles in January so I looked it up to see what they are marching for. 

Why?  She clearly doesn't support marches of any kind, so why would she involve herself in their business??  After all, she's to do her business at home!

They use all types of foul language and show all types of immodesty 

Something that Lori wouldn't know if she was minding her own business at home. It's not like they are marching through her living room.  No, she is actively looking for information online...instead of "doing her own business at home".

Are you a believer in Jesus Christ and that He was the Son of God that came in the flesh to die for our sins and rose again? Do you believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God and relevant for today?

Ummm, all of that because the reader dared point out that if everyone had that attitude, we'd still have segregation and women wouldn't be allowed to vote?  

Lori is now making a salvation issue out of all of her pet subjects.  If you disagree with her, it must because you're not saved.  

And again, how is quizzing some random stranger on FB, "doing your own business at home and not involving ourselves with other’s business"?

I think it is just hilarious that the picture she chose for the women's march has a lady carrying a sign upon which one can clearly read the word "BULLSHIT".  How scandalous! :shocked:

I'd die happy if Alyssa went to the women's march in LA.

1 hour ago, TeddyBonkers said:

I'd die happy if Alyssa went to the women's march in LA.

Maybe she is and that's why Lori wrote the post?

Mark 10:25 KJV: It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. -Lori is rich  

Matthew 23:12 KJV: And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted. 

Matthew 7:1-3 KJV: Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? 

Romans 14:10 KJV: But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. 

1 Corinthians 13:1-5 KJV: Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.  And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing. Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up. Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

Proverbs 11:12-13 KJV: He that is void of wisdom despiseth his neighbour: but a man of understanding holdeth his peace. A talebearer revealeth secrets: but he that is of a faithful spirit concealeth the matter. 

1 Corinthians 16:14 KJV: Let all your things be done with charity. 

and another just for Lori: 

Proverbs 17:4-5 KJV: A wicked doer giveth heed to false lips; and a liar giveth ear to a naughty tongue. Whoso mocketh the poor reproacheth his Maker: and he that is glad at calamities shall not be unpunished. 

Proverbs 17:10 KJV: A reproof entereth more into a wise man than an hundred stripes into a fool. 

In today's post, could Lori sound any more like an out of touch, overprivledged, upper middle class white woman? She has never had to personally experience the ugliness of true inequality. Lori enjoys all of the freedom and privilege that women before her have fought so hard for and at the same time disparages them.

Lori's blog, insta, "YouTubes", and Facebook are no different than the woman who march in the streets to have a voice. It takes a much braver soul to put yourself and your beliefs out in the world than it does to be a judgemental bitch behind a screen. 

She has really gone off the deep end with this “you hate God” thing. It used to be just feminists and admitted non-Christians. Now it’s literally everyone who disagrees with Lori in any way, real or imagined.

2 hours ago, Koala said:

Are you a believer in Jesus Christ and that He was the Son of God that came in the flesh to die for our sins and rose again? Do you believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God and relevant for today?

She deleted the original comment and this response!

3 hours ago, December said:

As I recall, there were quite a lot of Christians involved in various social justice causes from the abolition of slavery to the civil rights movement. Even though there wasn't always a specific verse in the Bible telling them to do it, somehow they were able to connect what they learned in church with injustice in the real world and do something positive about it. Not sure how much more someone could be living out their faith! 

Exactly and Lori is wrong, there is a verse that covers everything that you said and the person that commented on her page - Matthew 22:36-40 (KJV)

36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.

39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Here's a photo of Alyssa from her Toesox Ambassador's story.

Fuck you, Lori.  Alyssa's body is beautiful and nothing to be ashamed of or hidden away underneath some god awful modesty outfit.  I think you're jealous.  

GO ALYSSA!!  Run as fast and as far away from your abusive mother as you can!5a3054b8c580a_ScreenShot2017-12-12at2_10_44PM.thumb.png.489191ee7a6b34137a2c96f4d6a383c1.png

2 hours ago, molecule said:

Maybe she is and that's why Lori wrote the post?

I really think that could have happened. I would love to be the fly on a wall in Lori's house because I have the feeling that Alyssa is one who rejects a lot of Lori's bullshit and abuse.

Has there been any acknowledgement by Lori anywhere that Ken was on vacay for a week in the Caymans without her?  An entire week of fun-in-the-sun alone and unchaperoned by The Older Godly Mentor during which time he missed their anniversary.

4 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Has there been any acknowledgement by Lori anywhere that Ken was on vacay for a week in the Caymans without her?  An entire week of fun-in-the-sun alone and unchaperoned by The Older Godly Mentor during which time he missed their anniversary.

I think he was with Alyssa and his dad (maybe?).

22 hours ago, Fascinated said:

Lori makes me so angry. I do not care for her at all. 

I do not care, not for her words, not for her walls, not for her halls, no, I do not care for Lori at all.

Someone mentioned several pages back that Lori may be jealous of her daughter, thus the tirades that seem to appear just when Alyssa gets a little attention.  I can't fully express how much I believe that statement to be true.  The whole parent/child jealousy thing is almost a narcissist classic.  Even if Lori isn't textbook NPD, she's a a selfish person who can't handle someone else looking better than she.  Her daughter is beautiful and really physically strong.  She teaches people how to care for their bodies (I did some peeking at her social media pages and love that she's heralded for her craft).  This young woman manages to accomplish with real self discipline and love what Lori could never.  It takes a lot for a person to dedicate themselves to such a physically demanding lifestyle, Lori can't dedicate herself to anything but bitching online and nagging her husband.  

Alyssa also has a lot of respect aimed at her that Lori will never have.  She works outside her home and has what looks to be a thriving marriage and social life...yet she's neither miserable nor does God rebuke her by denying "blessings".  I'd bet dollars to donuts that if anyone could manage to tell Lori that she's rich because her husband busted his ass to get there she'd tell you no, they are blessed by God because of how she lives.  Surely a beautiful, talented young woman who is wasting her married years dancing around and wearing not so modest dance clothes should have been found without Godly favor by now.  Otherwise that means Lori's perfect message has holes in it and we ALLL know that can't be true!  Add insult to injury, Ken adores his daughter (yes to a mildly creepy level).  He dotes on her where he probably can't bring himself to dote on his cold, demanding, selfish wife.  

Come on guys, all Lori wanted was to be young and beautiful forever, laying gold skinned in the sun without damage while a man provided for her as much as she wanted while being satisfied with what little bit she felt like putting out.  Gah.  We should really feel sorry for her!  I mean who could live in such conditions!?    end sarcasm font.  

3 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I noticed he was gone on their anniversary too. So weird!

Ken didn't miss their anniversary. It's on the 27th.

anny.JPG.7bedbd31457852674c1f89d3680d58c2.JPG

IDK why she was talking about it weeks ahead of time. Maybe to attract attention?

Has Lori joined a march for life? Christians usually have pro-life marches in January every year. I joined one such march in Washington D.C. and it was freezing, but the people marching seemed happy and peaceful. Maybe Lori can join that. Just a suggestion. :)

If you find that you can relate to being bored staying at home, find productive things to do around your home and with your children. Develop a new talent that is useful in your homemaking or life. Learn to garden, can your food, learn about natural healing, create a budget and stick to it, clean more efficiently, declutter, cook new meals, read a book, write, study the Word, memorize scripture, sing new songs, knit, crochet, sew, quilt, paint, frame your windows, paint your walls, teach your children all of these things, practice hospitality and have people over for meals, exercise, and on and on the list goes.

OR you can park your ass in front of a computer, arguing with people from behind a screen, only to delete and block them to make it seem like everyone agrees with you.

The list of shit that Lori commands other women to do but wouldn't be arsed to do herself could fill a book.

33 minutes ago, TeddyBonkers said:

OR you can park your ass in front of a computer, arguing with people from behind a screen, only to delete and block them to make it seem like everyone agrees with you.

The list of shit that Lori commands other women to do but wouldn't be arsed to do herself could fill a book.

Yea, what exactly does Lori do at home? She barely gardens, doesn't can, doesn't knit, pays people to paint and redecorate, she barely cooks, did hardly any Christmas decorating. Yet she goes out to eat with friends & to hobby lobby to buy cheap ass decor and spend Ken's hard earned money. 

Today's post sounds so much like my mother. "Oh there is so much to do at home. You don't need to work or volunteer anywhere."

Many women also “gad about” by having jobs where they leave their homes every day for hours. They don’t have the time to look well to the ways of their households.

And some women also “gad about” by having blogs and chat rooms that they monitor every day for hours,. They don’t have the time to look well to the ways of their households, either.

Lori,

first, the passage you quote addresses the problem of younger widows who didn't have anything to do with themselves all day.  Paul was not having a go at women working to provide for their families or women being active outside of their homes. Notice the words "idle" and "busybody". 

Second, you don't have to leave your home to be idle, poke around in other people's business and, as you put it, gad about. If you stopped all your gadding, your blog would cease to exist. 

Third, your friend Gil adds to Scripture. I think I should warn you against him as he teaches some very unscriptural things. 

Blessings!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived