IGNORED

Lori Alexander 35: Closing Windows Because of the Fires

I really hate the phrase “husband of my youth.” It bugs me every time. I don’t understand what she’s trying to convey. Good for her for trapping Ken early? And keeping him hostage this long?

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lori is an absolute tit!

The lack of caring about material possessions speaks volumes about how uncaring she is. If my house burnt down I would be devastated, the lost of photos and family keepsakes would break my heart. But lori, well why would she care, she hated every minute of motherhood.

In fact the important things to Lori (kitchen, furniture ect) can all be replace for a shine new model and we all know how much she likes new shinny things!  

11 hours ago, Curious said:

I was just thinking how annoying that word is.  It's entered "moist" territory for me.  Why doesn't she say healthy or any of the probable multitudes of other words that mean roughly the same thing.

thesaurus.com is free

I think she will use a Thesaurus as soon as Cheeto-in-chief uses one.

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 4:58 PM, Frog99 said:

So am I understanding this right? Per Lori and her girls, a woman doctor can’t be pretty? I’m so confused. 

Spoiler

5a2eaafeb0825_Petticoatjunction.thumb.png.5c3e9f14ea465e5129eef66b3e65df34.png

This is bugging me. I am sure this is BEC but honestly fangirls, google is your friend!

Corrie (in above hidden screenshot) says the lyrics say "isn't she pretty". According to sitcomsonline.com & funtrivia.com the lyrics with June were changed to:

It is run by Joe, come and be his guest at the junction.
(Petticoat Junction)
There's our lady M.D., she's a pretty as can be at the junction,
Petticoat Junction

So Lori's fan girls not only have reading comprehension issues (diagnosed for the fact they read their Bible but ask Lori for advice) they also have listening comprehension issues.

6 hours ago, KnittingOwl said:
6 hours ago, KnittingOwl said:

I really hate the phrase “husband of my youth.” It bugs me every time. I don’t understand what she’s trying to convey. Good for her for trapping Ken early? And keeping him hostage this long?

Proverbs 5:18–“Let thy fountain be blessed, and rejoice with the wife of thy youth.”

I dislike "husband of my youth" phrasing for the one-upmanship jab at those who waited until later to get married, who married after losing a spouse, who are single, or who are divorced.  I honestly think she does it because Lori cannot call Ken the "love of her life".

I always tell people that I am now married to the love of my life.  He's the "husband of my middle-age" ;-)   In all honesty, I never thought I'd fall in love again.  When I was in my twenties, I met the man I thought I would marry, and then he died suddenly.    And after his death, it was not appealing at all to get married just to get married. 

What I have with my husband was worth the wait, but also being single and having a career was never less than or second class.  Marrying someone without love would have been the second-rate, miserable life.  And now I've talked myself into feeling sorry for Lori. 

aside: I now have the Anne of Green Gables line in my head, "Oh, Marilla.  How much you miss!"

2 hours ago, Hane said:

Proverbs 5:18–“Let thy fountain be blessed, and rejoice with the wife of thy youth.”

I understand where the phrase comes from, but I don't understand why Lori fixates on it.  @AuntKrazy, I think you are on the right track with her.  Personally, I got married at 22 (which was NEVER my plan), but I wouldn't say I married the "husband of my youth." I'd usually say I married my best friend.  Or the person who was willing to put up with all my crazy.  ;) Is the best Lori can say that they married young and Ken hasn't gotten rid of her?

She's now telling people it's wrong to take the Bible out of context when she does the exact same thing......:tw_expressionless:. But as soon as the person says she's doing it to agree with Lori then it's okay?? Isn't it still out of context? 

image.png

Slightly OT- but sort of not, since she's said that women in the workforce aren't as good as men or don't provide the same level of contribution... I read an article today about "enormously significant" results in a groundbreaking drug trial for the treatment of Huntington's Disease. A woman- Dr. Sarah Tabrizi- led the phase 1 trial. More clinical trials are forthcoming (Roche has paid $45million in license fees to move forward). If success continues, this could lead to advances in treatment for Alzheimer's and Parkinson's. She of course wasn't the only person in the trial, but she is the one who led it. I just have to point it out as women are regularly contributing to the betterment of society despite what she and her followers would try and have people think.

So there, Loriken and all of your minions.

2 minutes ago, Frog99 said:

Slightly OT- but sort of not, since she's said that women in the workforce aren't as good as men or don't provide the same level of contribution... I read an article today about "enormously significant" results in a groundbreaking drug trial for the treatment of Huntington's Disease. A woman- Dr. Sarah Tabrizi- led the phase 1 trial. More clinical trials are forthcoming (Roche has paid $45million in license fees to move forward). If success continues, this could lead to advances in treatment for Alzheimer's and Parkinson's. She of course wasn't the only person in the trial, but she is the one who led it. I just have to point it out as women are regularly contributing to the betterment of society despite what she and her followers would try and have people think.

So there, Loriken and all of your minions.

Lori rejects your reality and substitutes her own. Men invented everything! 

14 hours ago, KnittingOwl said:

I didn't get married at all until my late 30s. So I guess I have no "husband of my youth". Does that mean the marriage is doomed? Or am I bad person? Or are we not really married? 

Or Lori could just shut up. 

On another Lori note: I frequently share Lori's nonsense with my mother and she became referred to between us as "fundie lady" when I did so. Today, I told her about her picture of her door and post about divorce in response to her sister's house fire. Mom's response: "We really need to stop calling her "fundie lady", she's actually "fundie bitch"."

These people are so weird. Why can’t a husband just be a husband?  Why does there always have to have some righteous terminology that is intended to make others feel less than?  Besides, if you think about it, ‘husband of my youth’ implies that there will be another coming along at some point. It reminds me of a jerk we knew who thought it was hilarious to introduce our friend as his current wife. They are divorced, of course, and she is supremely happy with ‘the true love of her middle aged life’.

Lori makes me so angry. I do not care for her at all. 

Lori's latest doodle is about how we all pray for our sons to marry a "godly, submissive help meet to make his life better," so we need to be a "godly, submissive help meet" too.  Lori is sure that we want our son's future wife to be "kind, gentle, warm, loving, and cheerful" toward our son.  Dear God, no.  

Oddly, I pray that my son will be a good, loving man who makes other people's lives better.  I pray that he and his wife have a relationship in which they are equals.  I pray that his spouse loves him but never acts like a doormat.   I pray that he has a wife who is kind and loving, but is never afraid to speak her mind, express real negative and positive emotions, and give him a kick if he's being an *******.     I would be very afraid of what bad habits he would fall into if he had a submissive helpmeet who faked cheerful and never once complained.   Not to mention, he'd be bored to death. 

On 9.12.2017 at 4:25 PM, Loveday said:

The church leaders are allowed to run their churches however they want and it’s up to those attending whether they want to attend the church or not.

In one word: No.

Jesus said I will build MY CHURCH. 

Pastors, elders, deacons, are all there to do the work Jesus would have them do: feed HIS SHEEP.

If you are a Christian, you are a member of Christ's Church and called to remain in Jesus and be an active member by loving others and investing yourself in the life of Christ's body, always following Jesus. 

Lori paints the picture of a "church" that is more like a club led by a few (generally wealthy and influential) individuals. A nice and cozy club where people dress to please the influential, where places are reserved for said influential, where only the washed and well groomed are welcome.  

I couldn't care less about Lori's club. Just know it's not the Church Jesus speaks of when He says I will build MY CHURCH. 

Sorry for the bold and the caps... I just can't believe a teacher of The Word just said what Lori said. 

As godly women, we aren’t called to march for our rights or for social justice since it’s a made up word by those who hate God. God never told us to go out and change culture. He told us to go out and share the Good News and speak the truth in love while individually helping those in need. People need Jesus. They don’t need more “rights.” They need the hope only Christ provides.

Teddy Bonkers breakdown:

The term "social justice" was first coined in 1840 by Catholics. *insert "the more you know gif*

Jesus Himself changed the culture. Aren't we called to be like Christ?

This may come as a shock to Lori, but Jesus also never said to "speak the truth in love" even while helping people in need. He said that there were 2 commandments- love God, love each other.

And that "individually helping those in need" is blatantly unbiblical. Not only is this NEVER mentioned anywhere in Scripture, the exact OPPOSITE is called for! For reference, see Acts 2: 44-45. " And all who believed were together and had all things in common. And they were selling their possessions and belongings and distributing the proceeds to all, as any had need."

"People need Jesus". Even you, Lori. Most ESPECIALLY you.

We need rights (no quotation marks) to do all we can to prevent evil from triumphing.

I place my hope in Christ, but have my hands on the steering wheel when I drive anyway.

"He told us to go out and share the Good News and speak the truth in love while individually helping those in need."

Dear Lori, you are neither truthful, nor loving. And we know you don't help anyone in need. You've stated this on your blog several times. 

Get back with us once you start following your own preaching. 

Today's post warns us all not to become involved in the Women's March coming up in LA in January.

As godly women, we aren’t called to march for our rights or for social justice since it’s a made up word by those who hate God.

A reader says:

Wow. Thank god others before us didn’t give up and go home, or there’d still be segregation and women wouldn’t be able to vote! 

You owe it to society to make it better where you can.

Lori counters:

Are you a believer in Jesus Christ and that He was the Son of God that came in the flesh to die for our sins and rose again? Do you believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God and relevant for today?

Because, as we all know, you can't vote and be a Christian woman at the same time, and we should have kept segregation, amirite?  :my_dodgy:

I'm surprised that sentence didn't smack her upside the head as soon as she wrote it. Talk about cognitive dissonance. Best example I have ever seen.

15 hours ago, jerkit said:

Facebook has started showing me ads for Toesox with alyssa as the model.

I went over to their site and Alyssa is listed as one of their ambassadors and they give bio which mentions her ballet career and how she teaches dance and barre.

Reader:

I get what you are saying as far as feminism and the women’s March. However, there are things we should stand against in our society if people hadn’t, our country would still be segregated with “colored” and “white” drinking fountains and restrooms. We should stand and march for the unborn and stand against sex trafficking.

Lori's response:

We are commanded to speak the truth in love (Eph. 4:15), Michelle, but we are never commanded in the Word of God to march against anything since this accomplishes nothing that matters for eternity.(I noticed you didn’t use one Bible verse in your comment.)

Wow...she never ceases to amaze me.

Let me try:

we are never commanded in the Word of God to BLOG since this accomplishes nothing that matters for eternity.

See how that works?  There are a lot of things the Bible didn't command...like eating organic, making Youtube videos of yourself, or owning a million dollar house.  That sure doesn't stop Lori, though. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived