IGNORED

Lori Alexander 35: Closing Windows Because of the Fires

Something just hit me- Did Lori post her "Look at my fancy, newly painted front door!" Instagram, before or after the fire?  

Surely to god, she's got more decency than that...right?  Dear lord...

Also, despite "rushing" to her sister's house, she sure spent a lot of time online deleting comments and snapping at readers.  Priorities, amiright?!

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must have missed the new front door. But it wouldn't surprise me in the least if she'd posted about it even as the fire was raging at her sister's house. Because no...she does NOT have more decency than that, I'm afraid.  :my_sad: No decency, and no sense of what's appropriate and what isn't. 

Lori is a smug, nasty, self-centered piece of work. The bible permits divorce, so get over it already. Some divorce too easily, but some don't divorce soon enough. There is no perfect cookie-cutter life for everybody, why the hell can't she see that? 

She had better stay married to Ken because no man in his right mind would marry her now.

I painted my front door earlier this year. Should I have posted it on FJ? Lori, no one gives a pickle about your front door, or most of the crap you post.

2 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

Lori is a smug, nasty, self-centered piece of work. The bible permits divorce, so get over it already. Some divorce too easily, but some don't divorce soon enough. There is no perfect cookie-cutter life for everybody, why the hell can't she see that? 

She had better stay married to Ken because no man in his right mind would marry her now.

I have a feeling if California wasn't a community property state that Ken would have blown out of there about 20+ years ago when the kids were all out of the house.  Now he'd lose so much it's probably the lesser of two evils in his mind to just put up with/ignore her and keep his portfolio intact.

He gives into stuff he knows she's doing on purpose and I have to think there is some reason for that.  If I had PURPOSELY damaged my countertops 5 years before a planned remodel, I'd be using damaged countertops for that 5 years (and frankly wouldn't expect anything less since I'm not a toddler and I know better than to do things like that)

Just when I think she can't get any lower, she finds new levels of ignorance and disgust to mine. Honestly, who thinks "Oh my sister's house almost burned down, let me write a blog post comparing that to divorce"? Disgusting. 

IG says the door photo was posted 20 hours ago. So that would have been 2pm eastern and 11am CA time, so yeah she posted that during the fire and chaos. She said in her post they were going to breakfast on Sat morning when they heard the news. 

I am capturing this to show the 20 hour mark on IG plus the date and time on my laptop as I looked at this for proof that she did indeed post this during the fire. 

mynewlypainteddoor.PNG

By the way that looks like a lot of work to hang that wreath. However did you she manage. 

2 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

IG says the door photo was posted 20 hours ago. So that would have been 2pm eastern and 11am CA time, so yeah she posted that during the fire and chaos. She said in her post they were going to breakfast on Sat morning when they heard the news. 

I am capturing this to show the 20 hour mark on IG plus the date and time on my laptop as I looked at this for proof that she did indeed post this during the fire. 

mynewlypainteddoor.PNG

By the way that looks like a lot of work to hang that wreath. However did you she manage. 

Wow...I figured as much, but some part of me couldn't believe that she would be gloating about her freshly painted front door as her sister's house burned.  

17 minutes ago, jerkit said:

Maybe I’m dim, but I’ve read the post three times now and I still don’t see the connection she’s the trying to make.

Oh it's easy. 

Lori has nothing bad going on in her life right now so she is taking her sister's tragedy as her own. Because Lori always gets her way and Lori is happiest when she is unhappy. 

THEREFORE, she had something to use in her post which MUST include some sort of scolding and judgment so she is telling us "My sister's house nearly burned down, but more importantly, divorce is wrong!" 

Also, her green door is really pretty but it does not "match" her wreath It blends in with the wreath and does not highlight it at all. But what is really important is that she has a new door and her sister has no home. 

Says Lori: "nah nah nah nah nah NAAAAAHH! I have something new and pretty and you don't." 

4 hours ago, Curious said:

I have a feeling if California wasn't a community property state that Ken would have blown out of there about 20+ years ago when the kids were all out of the house.  Now he'd lose so much it's probably the lesser of two evils in his mind to just put up with/ignore her and keep his portfolio intact.

I think the same thing too.  Even if he had tried to leave and divorce her years ago when the kids were at home, I think Lori would have tried to trash or ruin Ken's business and make everything hell for him. I can also picture Lori bitching up about child support being too low because we all know she wouldn't have wanted to work to help provide for her kids after a divorce.

Lori took that post down because she realized she made a mistake in writing it publicly.  She admitted she was wrong and apologized, something someone with her rigidity would find appalling.  She does not make mistakes.

I always read Lori with a view towards the rest of her life.  In this case I don't think the apology was written with the OP in mind, I think it was to Ken who had recently returned from a vacation without her.  She won't apologize to him so she does it to someone else knowing Ken will read it and, hopefully, think, "Wow, maybe Lori really has changed".  He's seen it now so it's time to take it down so the rest of her readers will know she is always right...never wrong.

Projection and transparency are her hallmarks.

She said she did offer her home which is great. But it doesn't make the post anymore appropriate. I've known quite a few people who were relieved when their parents divorced. It was an end to constant fighting or abuse. In fact, many wished it had happened sooner. They were glad to see their parents remarry better people. I've met some who  have divorced their spouse because of all kinds of abuse, including rape. I don't like divorce, but I value individuals and the fact is we don't always know why people choose to divorce. 

The song "Not right now" comes to mind in this situation. It paints a picture of what empathy can look like. Sometimes we need to take a moment to sit with people in the ashes and to mourn with them. We don't need to use a person's tragedy, yes it is a tragedy, to further ourselves. As a "fixer" I struggled with practicing empathy, I had to learn to just sit and not to fix. 

"Not Right Now"

You could see the smoke from a mile away
And trouble always draws a crowd
They wanna tell me that it'll be okay
But that's not what I need right now
Not while my house is burning down

I know someday
I know somehow
I'll be okay
But not right now
Not right now

And MORE gossip about her sister:

This hangs in my sister’s kitchen. Her kitchen was NOT her happy place for many years but she had a huge attitude change and now she loves fixing nourishing food for her family! 

Really, Lori?  Does she want you to use her for blog and Instagram fodder all in one day??

Today our Godly mentor uses her sister's tragedy of her house catching fire to rail about divorce. She sure must be sore from making that stretch. Losing material possessions in a fire has nothing to do with divorce. When one has a tragedy like that, they are just thankful everyone is safe. We all can understand that.  I'm sure even children with divorced parents would rather have both parents alive instead of worrying about them being together. 

My parents were not divorced, and I've been married 25 years. Yet even I know sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Divorce is not God's perfect plan for us, but the Bible does permit it for adultery. I also don't believe God wants women to stay in situations that are not safe. 

Enough on divorce already, Lori. Time to switch to giving your husband sex or the evils of public school. You haven't covered those in a while.

Regarding the timing of the front door picture on instagram, I want to point out that there are some social media scheduling tools that allow you to schedule an instagram post in advance. It is possible that Lori wasn't anywhere near instagram during the fire and that she'd scheduled that picture ahead of time. Okay. I need to take a shower. I feel gross from defending Lori.

You could be right, @molecule.  But as someone who makes ‘YouTubes’, do we think she is that technically savvy?  

1 hour ago, Fascinated said:

You could be right, @molecule.  But as someone who makes ‘YouTubes’, do we think she is that technically savvy?  

No, but I did want to mention it as a possibility.

5 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Damn, Lori has truly ruined the words "nourishing" for me. 

I was just thinking how annoying that word is.  It's entered "moist" territory for me.  Why doesn't she say healthy or any of the probable multitudes of other words that mean roughly the same thing.

thesaurus.com is free

I wonder how Lori's sister really feels about the fire.  Different people react differently to similar circumstances, so perhaps she doesn't see it as a tragedy, but some folks are good at presenting a strong front to others.  Maybe she just doesn't want all the criticism and judgment, so she just said what Lori wanted to hear...and I wouldn't blame her at all. 

Several years ago my home burned down, nothing of significance was salvageable, At the time I didn't call it a tragedy, since no one was physically harmed-happened during the day, only one of my kids and I were home, we got out immediately, and none of us went back in.  It was just stuff, true, but it was a significant setback at the time.  In the years since then I've realized that the fire was a turning point, the motivating factor that I needed to get out of the rapidly dying fundie marriage I was in at the time, and my life is far better now A.F. (after fire) than it was B.F.  Perspective has turned it into just a bump in the road that led me where I am now.  That's my experience, not necessarily anyone else's, but of course Lori will never understand that one size does not, in fact, fit all.  :pb_rollseyes:  

5 hours ago, Curious said:

I was just thinking how annoying that word is.  It's entered "moist" territory for me.  Why doesn't she say healthy or any of the probable multitudes of other words that mean roughly the same thing.

thesaurus.com is free

Yes! This is what I’ve felt for the past year but couldn’t put into words. Nourishing for me is like moist to other people. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived