IGNORED

Lori Alexander 35: Closing Windows Because of the Fires

Lori's ever so humble.  So kind of her to say that even her mom has a thing or two to learn from her.  *gag*

It's not too late to order my book for a younger woman whose getting married, a daughter, sister, or even a mother for Christmas. My Mom loved my book! She's always been so supportive of what I teach and I am so thankful for her. She has a teachable spirit at 87 years old! One's NEVER too old to learn.

Yet another person has chimed in to say they can not afford the book, and Lori (who didn't write the book for money), generously offered to send her a copy.  Not really.  She totally wants the money!  The woman can take it out of her grocery fund if she really wants to read it.  Lori doesn't care. 9.95 (plus tax and shipping), or no book!  She likes to help people that way.

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Koala We need someone to reply that all she needs to do is read her blogs. Nothing new in her book that she can't read for free. Plus, she's so repetitive that she doesn't even need to read all of the blog entries. A time saver!

I finished reading her living financial frugal chapter and I figure that instead of buying the book as a gift, it's better to just tell people to read her blogs. They get to read her teachings and I don't have to spend money on it. How frugal of me! :-)

Don Wright This may not make sense to everyone but I say, "we're not arguing,,,I am leading, teaching, correcting or in some form or another communicating and any arguing that's being done is coming from someone disobeying Gods word rather it be wife or kids. 
If I'm not being reverenced, someone is in sin. [bolding mine]

I love this comment. Don, thank you. I agree, you should be reverenced all the time. 

5 hours ago, Loveday said:

Ken is nauseating. 3 and 4 just made me want to hurl--at Ken. He manages to sound smug and pervy at the same time. How the hell does he do that? :puke-huge:

"You will have sex..."

oh so how does that work exactly if the other spouse is unwilling, do tell, Ken. 

I much prefer making it than buying it since the homemade stuff is much less expensive and so rich and creamy like yogurt.

So now she cares about being frugal when just the other day she was buying $14 butter. This is how she pulls the wool over people. Drops a line like that in every once in awhile. Its such an act. Look at me being frugal!

The picture is our newly redone kitchen. We never thought we would want white cabinets until we found out how much they cost to replace. No, thank you! Now, we both love white cabinets. It’s the first time in my life that I’ve had a back splash (and it’s made of stone) and I love it! I also love having granite counter tops. Man can’t beat what God creates, that’s for sure. They are so easy to clean and care for.  We will gradually replace our appliances with new ones when our old ones are no longer fixable. I haven’t heard many people like stainless steel appliances so the verdict is out on this one. (My sisters don’t like theirs at all!) We put the wood floors in when we bought the house almost 20 years ago and they still look great. Wood flooring is definitely my favorite! (Yes, God made wood, too.  )

My God the pride! How many times have we seen her new kitchen photo? Before it was redone she never posted photos. And yada yada granite and wood come from God. No, if you really want what comes from God you will put a granite boulder in your kitchen and use that as your island, unpolished, uncut and all. 

15 hours ago, jerkit said:

A comment from a man from Lori’s doodle on FB:

“This may not make sense to everyone but I say, "we're not arguing,,,I am leading, teaching, correcting or in some form or another communicating and any arguing that's being done is coming from someone disobeying Gods word rather it be wife or kids. 
If I'm not being reverenced, someone is in sin.”

holy. fuck.

Lori reads this, believes it's meant sincerely, and doesn't once think, "Hmm, maybe this sort of attitude could lead to abuse"?  No, Lori left this man's comment up and essentially agreed.

I was married to a so-called Christian man who would never outright say that women must be submissive -- he just knew the correct way to do everything and was determined to "teach" and "correct" me, for the good of everyone, of course.   And he didn't call it reverence, but he said that men needed to feel "respected."   If I had truly believed, as some of Lori's followers do, that this was the role of a husband and I was the one sinning if I disagreed or even FELT bad about it, I would have spent my entire adult life in misery and taught my daughter to do the same.   I want so much to reach out to her readers who are living like that right now.

I cook regularly- “from scratch” (hate that phrase now)- and I don’t have a dishwasher. So I regularly hand wash glasses, plates, silverware, and pots and pans. 

You know what else "comes from God?"  arsenic, mercury, uranium, anthrax, asbestos, and botulism.   I don't suggest anyone keep those things on hand and/or use them.  Just because it's "natural" or "from God" doesn't mean it's not dangerous.

The Godly Mentor says:

For dinner, I have a large mug full of my soup made with chicken broth and lots of vegetables. (I cooked a lot hardier meals for my children when they lived with us

The Horse of Truth says:

Many nights Lori made her big salads which the kids loved, then they came running for daddy’s food that I cooked. Remember, most of these years Lori lived with a sick stomach and other health issues, so I had to fend for myself many days and nights.   

How funny that their stories don't match at all.  We discovered when Ken was here, that he and Lori often tell two completely different versions of the same story.

Also funny that when the kids were young, Lori was too sick to work hard in her kitchen (salad dinners for the kids / Ken cooked for himself).  Now that they're grown BOTH Ken and Lori have decided they like to eat light dinners (soup that can be prepared once a week / salad that can be prepared every four days).  Definitely sounds like a lot of hard work :pb_rollseyes:

Side note- Does anyone else get the feeling that Lori uses the holidays as an excuse to make her visiting family eat "God's Lori's Ways"?  

Side note 2- Notice how she says, "For dinner, I have...".  I wonder if that's because Ken still fends for himself most nights...  She doesn't say anything about him eating the soup.

@Koala Yes, she even posted about forgiveness during Thanksgiving. Maybe she posted that so that her family can forgive her for her meddling ways.

@Curious Yes, Lori, every cell comes from God, even cancer cells. Every organism comes from God, even those that we call parasites. 

@Frog99 We don't have a dishwasher. Only rich people have dishwashers here because electricity is so expensive. 

@LizzieDawn Lori agrees because she believes that men can abuse women, and women should still submit. But if a wife says a single bad thing to her husband, that's already abusive.

I find it very odd that "Jeff" thought it appropriate to talk to Lori and a bunch of other women about his sex life.  That's very off-putting and strange to me.

Apparently Ken thought it odd too.  Here is a portion of his (beyond creepy) advice:

Romance and Sex will be at least once a week.

You will do devotions with each other once a day in bed…. 5 times a week minimum. You will cuddle and one will read a chapter in the Bible and the other will pray. Then you will pull her on top of you and give her a terrific 5 minute massage…

Umm, how is it proper for him to be giving sex advice in front of bunch of modest/discreet women??  I mean my lord, couldn't he have just given his disgusting advice via email?  

Also, you can't demand sex once a week, because some guy on the internet says so.  Jesus, what the hell is wrong with these people?  

@Koala Birds of the same crazy feather flock together. Lori tolerates or even encourages abuse by teaching wives to submit even if their husbands abuse them. Lori tolerates men who post sexual comments as long as they flatter and compliment her (or even if they don't).

Lori hates feminists because they can take control of their lives, while she has to have sex with Ken every day. Meanwhile, Ken has to eat light dinners everyday while vacationing every year and maybe eating steak only every week.

1 hour ago, LizzieDawn said:

Lori reads this, believes it's meant sincerely, and doesn't once think, "Hmm, maybe this sort of attitude could lead to abuse"?  No, Lori left this man's comment up and essentially agreed.

And then, after she replied to him, he said this, which is also still up:

Certainly something to be done carefully and behind closed doors.

I don't know what he means by that, because in response to Lori's comment it doesn't quite make sense, but I'm going to go way out on a limb and guess that he's talking about disciplining a wife for not 'reverencing' her husband to the degree he expects. But be sure to do it behind closed doors. Don't want the neighbours to overhear anything and call the police, do we?

Typing that out just made me feel a little ill. 

1 hour ago, Frog99 said:

I cook regularly- “from scratch” (hate that phrase now)- and I don’t have a dishwasher. So I regularly hand wash glasses, plates, silverware, and pots and pans. 

Same. 

29 minutes ago, Loveday said:

I don't know what he means by that, because in response to Lori's comment it doesn't quite make sense, but I'm going to go way out on a limb and guess that he's talking about disciplining a wife for not 'reverencing' her husband to the degree he expects. But be sure to do it behind closed doors. Don't want the neighbours to overhear anything and call the police, do we?

Typing that out just made me feel a little ill. 

That's what it looks like to me. Got to keep the slave wife in her place, but don't want to spend time in jail for abusing her. It's just our little secret, doncha know? 

I was going to just edit my previous post, but on second thought I'm making this a standalone comment.  If Lori allows that 'carefully and behind closed doors' remark to stand, without further comment, or asking Ken to come in and correct this guy if she's 'too submissive' to tell him what's what, then she doesn't get to claim that she is opposed to a husband abusing his wife.  Silence implies consent, pretty damned clearly in this case.  

Yes, this has me riled up, even more than her usual crap.  

Any “massage” I get better damn well last more than five minutes. 

Um...Lori is really incorrect here. Packaged food was created before the 1960s. Also, again, women have always worked either in a family business, on a farm or outside the home. Only the upper class women had the luxury of not working and even they would sometimes work depending on the circumstances. 

OT regarding something Lori said on one of her many social media platforms:  She and a fangirl dissed “This Is Us” because they saw no “Godly” (TM) people in the show. She then said she prefers Hallmark movies. I bet it’s because they’re Clean and Heterosexual.

Hey, I don’t mind them once in a while, but they’re formulaic AF:

1.  Pretty blonde 30-something heroine with a fun job or hobby that would not keep a roof over the head of a real person.  She either

a. Learns how to break away from Life-Deadening Corporate America and make a living at her hobby or

b. Surmounts obstacles to make her job/hobby a success and spread joy to one and all

2. Heroine’s (sometimes ex) BF, who looks good on paper but has a Fatal Flaw

3. Heroine’s quirky BFF, who is a tad socially awkward and not quite as pretty as Heroine

4. The Elderly Sage

5. Colorful secondary characters, friends/colleagues of the Heroine. A few of these are usually Educated and Well-Spoken People of Color, to prove that the movie Isn’t Racist 

6. The Hero, who remains unattainable until the last possible minute

This amounts to far greater depth and worth than a story about a striving but imperfect family that struggles to overcome real(ish)-world problems and to love each other despite them. Oh, but wait—the show has divorce and fucking and a couple of fat lead characters, and we can’t have THAT. [/sarcasm]

@dairyfreelife according to Lori, her statement applies to all women born after 1960. Where on earth does she come up with these assertions? 

I can’t say anyone taught me to cook. It’s just something I figured out. 

24 minutes ago, jerkit said:

What is L&K's creepy obsession with massages? It's so fucking weird. 

I think it has to do with forcing yourself to do something nice for another person even though you get nothing out of it. Holy Martyr Sex. God forbid the person giving the massage actually ENJOY it.

@dairyfreelife adding to your comment. I wish I could remember the name but Mr Nova and I saw a documentary a few years ago about convenience foods. Initially, companies were having trouble selling prepackaged foods because women liked to cook. They essentially had to educate women to use foods like Bisquik, TV dinners, premade cake mixes, etc. It was really the birth of heavy marketing to a specific demographic. Lori just shoots off at the mouth without ever really researching what the hell she's talking about.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived