IGNORED

Lori Alexander 34: The Woo Is Strong with this One

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Lori thinks 'DIVORCE IS LIKE A HORRIFIC CAR ACCIDENT.'  Seems to me that in some cases divorce is more like the paramedics who pull you out of the mangled wreckage, and the doctors and nurses who care for you in the hospital. They may not be able to fix all the damage done by the wreck, but they leave you in better shape than you would have been if you had stayed in the trashed car. 

2 hours ago, lilwriter85 said:

I'm trying to find the Michael Pearl one. I think it's already gone.

Quoting just so I can say, terrific profile pic! I love The Good Place!  

Here is the instagram photo. Look everyone, look at me...I have a sign that talks about Jesus. This proves I am a real Christian!

So on Alyssa’s instastory she and hubs are in the Caymans. She has a bit where she shows who they picked up and it looks like Ken. Can’t tell who the other man is.  Am I right??

15 minutes ago, Frog99 said:

So on Alyssa’s instastory she and hubs are in the Caymans. She has a bit where she shows who they picked up and it looks like Ken. Can’t tell who the other man is.  Am I right??

It’s Ken but I hve no idea who the man with the white hair is

There is so much nuts with this. Lets do some math. A 40 plus year drug addiction means they weren't even contemplating divorce till he was in his 60s assuming they married in low 20s. I would think a severe drug addiction would have killed you before 40 years.  How old is this guy now? 80s? So is living with a drug addict for 40 years worth it to have a good grandpa now? Who knows what damage has really been caused that is suffering in silence. How much hurt he caused to their children or abuse that won't be spoken about.  And even so for every success story there is a failure where the man never changes. 

9 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

There is so much nuts with this. Lets do some math. A 40 plus year drug addiction means they weren't even contemplating divorce till he was in his 60s assuming they married in low 20s. I would think a severe drug addiction would have killed you before 40 years.  How old is this guy now? 80s? So is living with a drug addict for 40 years worth it to have a good grandpa now? Who knows what damage has really been caused that is suffering in silence. How much hurt he caused to their children or abuse that won't be spoken about.

As someone who's had a brother who's been an alcoholic for probably 10 years at least, I can most assuredly tell you there is a heritage of brokenness promises and covenants left behind. His children had to live through that and from an early age (4 and 7  at the time) understood what it meant for their father to be in jail. He broke his promises to his wife and family. He's trying hard to remain sober now (almost four months now) and I'd appreciate prayers on that. 

I wonder what drug this was... And these people should really know that by allowing their children to be continuously exposed to drugs like that they are risking having their children taken from them. They are at risk for getting into the drugs by accident or by purpose. Exposure to fumes, people who are under the influence, and general result of drug abuse isn't healthy. 

2 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

So Lori thinks 'DIVORCE IS LIKE A HORRIFIC CAR ACCIDENT.'  Seems to me that in some cases divorce is more like the paramedics who pull you out of the mangled wreckage, and the doctors and nurses who care for you in the hospital. They may not be able to fix all the damage done by the wreck, but they leave you in better shape than you would have been if you had stayed in the trashed car. 

Quoting just so I can say, terrific profile pic! I love The Good Place!  

Oh thanks. I love the show and Michael and Janet are my favorite characters.

I can only think of two divorces that I know that have been initiated by women. 

First one - my aunt walked out on my uncle, after sleeping for several years with her daughter's father in law. Yea, that was a huge mess. So bad Dr. Phil wouldn't even touch it to have it on his show when someone offered it to him. She married the guy a few months after the divorce. So my cousin is married to her legal half brother now, I guess. It's so messed up. 

Second one - a friend of mine who decided she was done. It was on both sides but she finally got bored and pulled the plug. this one makes me sad because they were childhood sweethearts like Mr. & I, and it didn't have to end that way but both are hugely spoiled, immature & financially immature people, who honestly don't know how to to truely love or live unselfishly. They love the money and keeping up appearances, and quickly grew bored with multiple marriage counselors.  They made it 11 years, but things went downhill after having their kid & both parties were unwilling to really put the work and got "bored" & "lost the spark" and so bye bye easy as pie they walked away. Both came from families with terrible marriages + divorces due to HORRIBLE fathers so in the end I guess I'm not surprised. But I was sad to get the call saying basically "ehhh I'm filing the papers no big deal" to easily moving on to other people  

All the rest I know of have been because of serious issues. 

From today's post:

"Every single person knows without a doubt that there is a God but they decide to become their own god because they want to live as they please so they refuse to give glory to God as their Creator."

I don't like using the word hate but I genuinely hate this argument from Christians. I don't know without a doubt that there is a god. I do know that my earliest memories of church include skepticism. I would look around at enraptured faces and I just couldn't feel it. I don't reject god because I don't believe there's anything to reject. I've read books on every religion imaginable trying to discover what captures people's minds. I can't find it but I can see the beauty in the concept and the teachings.  Maybe others see and feel what I can't. I accept that but how can I as an atheist consider myself god when I don't believe in any higher power?

By the way, that post was all over the place. Unruly husband, evil public schools, blah, blah, blah. Pick one topic a day to bitch about and stick to it, Lori. Geez.

15 minutes ago, EowynW said:

So my cousin is married to her legal half brother now, I guess.

Actually, they are technically step-siblings. Step-siblings aren't biologically related, but they each have one parent who married the other one's parent. Half-siblings share one biological parent.

2 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Actually, they are technically step-siblings. Step-siblings aren't biologically related, but they each have one parent who married the other one's parent. Half-siblings share one biological parent.

Thank you! I had a brain fart and couldn't remember 

13 hours ago, jerkit said:

Say more about this please :)

I SO wish I could've SS it. She made a post in the chatroom asking for advice about how to have a meek and quiet spirit when you almost get run over in a parking lot. She apparently let a woman by before pulling into a parking spot and then the woman tried to run her over, stopping just feet from her. Someone gave her a bunch of advice about not getting upset. Then Lori said she was able to not get upset and not flip the woman off.

13 minutes ago, meowfundiecatz said:

I SO wish I could've SS it. She made a post in the chatroom asking for advice about how to have a meek and quiet spirit when you almost get run over in a parking lot. She apparently let a woman by before pulling into a parking spot and then the woman tried to run her over, stopping just feet from her. Someone gave her a bunch of advice about not getting upset. Then Lori said she was able to not get upset and not flip the woman off.

Oh Lori. Oh dumb, dumb Lori.

in other news, alyssa looks to be wearing a *shock* bikini! With Ken there!

2 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Has Lori ever known anyone personally who suffered from a drug addiction? Because if not, I think she should not post random shit around. Anyone here seen the Netflix documentary Heroine? Yeah, I grew up not terribly far from the city and a family member of mine knows one of the EMTS shown in the film. Two people I graduated with have died from an OD. I have a relative by marriage who died of an OD years ago and I have at least one relative who's a recovering addict and another who still does drugs. It was meth a few years back that was the problem, but after the crackdown on the OTC cold meds, heroin is now the drug of choice.

Drugs ruin lives, everyone's lives, not just theirs. Everyone around them are also affected. As mentioned above, promises are broken all the time. They lie, they cheat, they steal, anything to get their high. You cannot trust them. You always hope you or another relative doesn't find them dead. I know people who can't find their drug-addicted children for days, often hoping they aren't doing something illegal for a fix. I know my grandmother's neighbor is raising 3 of her 4 grandchildren because their mom and dad can't stay sober and all were born addicted too. The other has a dad who got clean and was granted custody. 

Basically, I have seen what drugs do to people and sure, SOME people get and stay clean, but just as many die from their addictions or struggle to get and stay clean falling back to the addiction. The poster's claim they don't have broken promises because her In-laws stayed married after severe addiction for decades is major bullshit because if his addiction was truly severe and that long, I am nearly 100% certain that man broke numerous promises to everyone around him. Great, he's now clean, but what about all the years he wasn't? He may be trying to make it up now and that's great because he can't take back his past, but it doesn't change what happened in the past and he can never fully make up the years he lost to addiction. I think her husband, who grew up with the man should be the one to say anything about their marriage and life. Also, this is NOT, at all, evidence of a wife causing her "disobedient" husband to change by staying married. There's not an ounce of evidence here that such was the case. She continually takes that verse way out of context. Not saying anything about a behavior is not helping the situation, it's enabling and condoning it. Silent wives to bad husbands means they are condoning their actions and issues. As the saying goes, "Silence is Compliance". 

1 hour ago, Joyce said:

Lori posted on her chat room that she has the top 1 housewife blog. 

https://blog.feedspot.com/housewife_blogs/

How can her blog be the top 1 when she only has 34,000+ Facebook fans and 172 Twitter followers agains the Pioneer Woman's 4 million Facebook fans and 1 million Twitter followers?

IMG_1105.PNG

IMG_1106.PNG

She isn't.  She is the top housewife blog on that particular site.  Not the top housewife blog on the internet.

You can see there her alexa rank is 820,944.  That is her global rank.  You can see from this screenshot here:

loristats.PNG

You can see her rank has changed a bit since they did that article.  She is ranked 231,954 in US sites.  For comparison goggle is ranked 1, youtube is 2 and facebook is 3.  So she's quite a ways down the list at 200+k.

For comparison here are our ranks.  Both of these screenshots were taken just now.  Ours look different because it's from my management page. I couldn't be bothered to log out and search for FJ.

fjstats.PNG

For all the people that look at this stuff and say "see I told you that FJ was dying," we always drop during the holiday months (Oct-Jan) and start going back up.  Our traffic is relatively stable.

So anyway Lori is ranked 820+k and we are ranked 48k globally.    Just for shits and giggles I checked Ree Drummond as well:

pwstats.PNG

She is ranked 2,850 in the US.  I don't think she has too much to worry about from Lori.

Frankly, I can't tell how they managed to have Lori first because this is their criteria:

The Best Housewife blogs from thousands of top Housewife blogs in our index using search and social metrics. Data will be refreshed once a week.

These blogs are ranked based on following criteria

Google reputation and Google search ranking

Influence and popularity on Facebook, twitter and other social media sites

Quality and consistency of posts.

Feedspot’s editorial team and expert review

I'm guessing the bottom 2 items are very heavily weighted because otherwise, it makes no sense at all

15 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

There is so much nuts with this. Lets do some math. A 40 plus year drug addiction means they weren't even contemplating divorce till he was in his 60s assuming they married in low 20s. I would think a severe drug addiction would have killed you before 40 years.  How old is this guy now? 80s? So is living with a drug addict for 40 years worth it to have a good grandpa now? Who knows what damage has really been caused that is suffering in silence. How much hurt he caused to their children or abuse that won't be spoken about.  And even so for every success story there is a failure where the man never changes. 

Re the math: the drug addiction could have started before they were married. Lori could be dating back to whenever he first experimented.

14 hours ago, EowynW said:

Second one - a friend of mine who decided she was done. It was on both sides but she finally got bored and pulled the plug. this one makes me sad because they were childhood sweethearts like Mr. & I, and it didn't have to end that way but both are hugely spoiled, immature & financially immature people, who honestly don't know how to to truely love or live unselfishly. They love the money and keeping up appearances, and quickly grew bored with multiple marriage counselors.  They made it 11 years, but things went downhill after having their kid & both parties were unwilling to really put the work and got "bored" & "lost the spark" and so bye bye easy as pie they walked away. Both came from families with terrible marriages + divorces due to HORRIBLE fathers so in the end I guess I'm not surprised. But I was sad to get the call saying basically "ehhh I'm filing the papers no big deal" to easily moving on to other people  

All the rest I know of have been because of serious issues. 

You can't know what was really going on between your friends here. Just because they were childhood sweethearts doesn't mean that they were good together. Yes, after twelve years, finally giving in to divorce may well be a relief with the grief having already been grieved. You say they didn't have good role models for relationships, so this could have been a sour relationship from the start, or irreparably harmed along the way. Your description seems very cavalier and judgmental.

14 hours ago, meowfundiecatz said:

Then Lori said she was able to not get upset and not flip the woman off.

Now there's a picture- Our "Christian", Godly Mentor flipping someone off.  That's the real Lori.  It sums up her attitude perfectly!

I don't usually follow Alyssa and don't know her last name, so would someone mind giving me her Instagram link?  I want to see Ken in the Caymans (though it might burn my retinas...).

9 minutes ago, crawfishgirl said:

I don't usually follow Alyssa and don't know her last name, so would someone mind giving me her Instagram link?  I want to see Ken in the Caymans (though it might burn my retinas...).

I'd like the link, too. If Alyssa is wearing a bikini, it will go far towards explaining why Lori's post today is all about modesty--again. :pb_lol:

Oh, no she didn't...

I briefly turned on the news last night and they were talking about all of the sexual harassment going on and one of the young women had a very immodest dress on that showed half of her breasts! It would help a lot for women to begin at least dressing modestly. When they are showing body parts that should be covered up, they are practically asking men to treat them with disrespect.

(Lori, in a comment on today's post)

Super late to the knitting party with @EowynW, @KatBonD, @KnittingOwl, and @PennySycamore. Why don't we all chat in Quiver full of Hobbies? Knitters are my people, too. We have a really active guild here; weekly meet-ups, retreats, classes from designers. I'm furiously knitting a sweater for my baby niece and a shawl for my mom before Christmas. I have a current obsession with double knitting, and recently took a class that transformed my colorwork tension.

That was worth capturing. I thought she didn't watch the news? I guess briefly turning it on doesn't count? Kinda like the 5 second rule when you drop something on the floor? 

turnedonthenews.PNG.87b53a13ecd81ede7b8def4d1d01c6e4.PNG

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived