IGNORED

Lori Alexander 34: The Woo Is Strong with this One

I was going to post this yesterday and forgot.  It didn't stay up long.  It's in reference to how many many people hate Lori and are so mean to her but she is a godly woman and the rest of us are all losers who hate Jesus...wah, wah, wah, blah blah, blah.  

Lori, get down off the goddamn cross.  It's winter and you're gonna need the wood.

5a1f84abeb103_ScreenShot2017-11-28at4_43_47PM.png.ffb6414896e8d6e0c5b74e98903fa4c6.png

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, older than allosaurs said:

Parasites happen

this is true. However, when someone has parasites they are diagnosed with a specific one so the proper treatment can be given.  I have always found the whole parasites for years thing very sketchy. 

It seems very odd that she just uses the general parasites vs I had tapeworm or whatever.  Even stranger for 2 of the kids to have "parasites" but not the rest of the family when they are all presumably eating the same food, given Lori's control issues.

I suspect like someone else mentioned that they had some mild form of IBS or something similar.

When I was reading Cassi's blog that Koala linked earlier, I noticed that she said she was anemic as a child.  She must have been seeing a dr to get the bloodwork done to find that out.  It seems odd to me that a child would be anemic.  It makes me wonder if those kids literally got nothing but salad every single night.

8 hours ago, Curious said:

this is true. However, when someone has parasites they are diagnosed with a specific one so the proper treatment can be given.  I have always found the whole parasites for years thing very sketchy. 

It seems very odd that she just uses the general parasites vs I had tapeworm or whatever.  Even stranger for 2 of the kids to have "parasites" but not the rest of the family when they are all presumably eating the same food, given Lori's control issues.

I suspect like someone else mentioned that they had some mild form of IBS or something similar.

When I was reading Cassi's blog that Koala linked earlier, I noticed that she said she was anemic as a child.  She must have been seeing a dr to get the bloodwork done to find that out.  It seems odd to me that a child would be anemic.  It makes me wonder if those kids literally got nothing but salad every single night.

A child being anemic isn't that strange to me because I come across it off and on. This can be the fault of parents for poor diet or the child can be very picky and stubborn about food and not get enough. In the latter case though, the parents are usually not bad parents and are very worried about the child's eating habits. Sometimes they may be a little misguided and making the issues worse. Controlling parents can cause picky, stubborn children because the children are desperate for some control back. Of course, in just as many cases, the kids are just naturally picky and stubborn and the parents are not overly controlling. Sometimes it can be an undiagnosed allergy to a food or an intolerance. Children are still learning language and expression so often don't know how to say, this food makes my stomach hurt. Some children have certain tactile issues so some foods just seem weird to them. While some picky children stay picky into adulthood, I would say most do eat enough and expand their palates with age. I think nearly all children would be happy with chicken nuggets, french fries or potato chips, pizza, and sweets, as would many adults, but those are not enough to keep us healthy or thriving. Of courses, the same salad only every night isn't healthy either, ahem. 

However, having said that, I think Lori's case was definitely a seriously controlling parent and she made food an issue when it didn't need to be one. I definitely think Lori created her children's health problems in many ways, yet she stupidly claims she did it all correct in rearing her children. She ignores that she nearly drove both of her daughters into eating disorders. She ignores that she could be the cause of any of her children's troubles now. She has it in her head that her children are all happy and successful on the outside and that they have no issues. There's no way to know what's going on behind the closed doors of her children's homes. Lori was stupid enough to claim that none of her children have mental health issues. I don't know how she could possibly know that for a fact or that they'd ever tell her if they did. I know if Lori was my mom, I'd never mention such a thing. If any of her children ever developed something like an addiction, Lori would be vague about issues and act like the problem was fixed by her doing and pretend that everything is good to her readers. Can't "taint" her image now, can we? Nothing is ever Lori's fault. Lori cannot ever be wrong and she won't ever admit to it. It's everyone else's fault or they are wrong, never her. 

FYI, I hope none of her children do develop any serious issues like addiction. Anxiety disorders, mild depression, they stink, but are not usually life-threatening except for increased risk of suicide, which I hope would never happen. As much as I hate Lori and Ken, I hope they don't have to ever experience the loss of any of their children in their lifetime, especially to an OD or suicide. Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. 

Today's post is about correcting negative thinking:

Teach your children how to have right thinking. If you see that their thinking is bad (behavior and emotions come from thoughts), teach them how to make it good and right by renewing it with truth.

“Everyone hates me.” “No, we love you and so does the Lord.”

So she uses "everyone hates me" as a negative way to think. Hmmmmm just the other day she was bitching about how everyone hates her.

9 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Today's post is about correcting negative thinking:

So she uses "everyone hates me" as a negative way to think. Hmmmmm just the other day she was bitching about how everyone hates her.

Yeah, that's the exact thing you don't do when talking to children. If a child says "Everybody hates me," saying, "no, we love you and so does our god," doesn't really help. A better thing to do is ask why they think everyone hates them so they can understand why they feel that way and learn the thought is not actually true. Feelings are not "bad", they just are and telling them they are bad, wrong, doesn't help them learn to control emotions and handle them appropriately. Based on how Lori describes raising her children and how her son is raising his children, I don't think any of them know how to deal with children at all.  

10 hours ago, Curious said:

Lori or Ken said that the kids would often ask for some of the food Ken prepared for his dinner.  Lori probably forced salads on the kids and didn't balance out their diets with other food groups. I vaguely recall news stories years ago about vegetarian or vegan parents who had their kids on the same diets and issues resulted from it.

3 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Her book plug yesterday got her 6 new reviews, 4 of which are positive. She is back to 3 stars now. 

Her Amazon author page also shows her blog posts for the previous week. I guess she’s trying to get traffic and attention. Or contradict those that say her blog posts are dangerous. I’m not sure that will work out in her favor overall. 

And posting her book reviews on her blog page in an attempt to get positive feedback and more positive reviews on Amazon is pitiful and attention seeking. Certainly not meek or humble. And it’s allowing feelings to manipulate behavior. I thought that was wrong...

Has this “Editorial Review” always been there? 

CD81397A-032D-4C1B-A3C6-0E43F365B05C.jpeg

2 hours ago, dairyfreelife said:

Yeah, that's the exact thing you don't do when talking to children. If a child says "Everybody hates me," saying, "no, we love you and so does our god," doesn't really help. A better thing to do is ask why they think everyone hates them so they can understand why they feel that way and learn the thought is not actually true. Feelings are not "bad", they just are and telling them they are bad, wrong, doesn't help them learn to control emotions and handle them appropriately. Based on how Lori describes raising her children and how her son is raising his children, I don't think any of them know how to deal with children at all.  

THANK YOU.

“Everyone hates me.” “No, we love you and so does the Lord.”

“I’m so ugly.” “No, God, the Creator of everything, created you unique and special for His purposes.”

“I’m having such a bad day.” “No, this is the day the Lord hath made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!”

Her responses are so fucking dismissive. They say, "I don't really want to engage with you, I'm just going to trot out some 'feel-good' sentences and tell you to get over it".

Last night, Younger Bonkers was crying upstairs instead of getting in the shower. I went up there and asked her what was wrong. She said she was scared. I could have told her (and I have about a million times) that there is nothing to be scared of. Instead, I asked if she had watched anything scary on TV, or if she heard a scary story at school. Sure enough, one of her classmates told her a scary story. I said, "Oh, Bonk, that is a scary story, but it's all pretend. Are you going to believe your friend or your mom?" She said she'd believe me when I said that it was pretend and got in the shower. Bam. Just needed a little conversation.

Lori probably would have beaten her with a leather strap.

I spent some time today reading and watching videos about Gwen Shamblin. I think someone should introduce Lori and Gwen. :content: That would be one fun show! 

More Sunday school answers.... Okay the answers might be okay once in a while after discussion and processing but not as a boom I said it now you're supposed to be fixed. And I think it is important to develop positive self talk but I think it's always about balance because I know from experience how important it is to process and work through negative emotions. At this point, I don't  trust her to have that balance. When you have balance you don't delete suicide hotline numbers.

8 minutes ago, TeddyBonkers said:

THANK YOU.

Her responses are so fucking dismissive. They say, "I don't really want to engage with you, I'm just going to trot out some 'feel-good' sentences and tell you to get over it".

Last night, Younger Bonkers was crying upstairs instead of getting in the shower. I went up there and asked her what was wrong. She said she was scared. I could have told her (and I have about a million times) that there is nothing to be scared of. Instead, I asked if she had watched anything scary on TV, or if she heard a scary story at school. Sure enough, one of her classmates told her a scary story. I said, "Oh, Bonk, that is a scary story, but it's all pretend. Are you going to believe your friend or your mom?" She said she'd believe me when I said that it was pretend and got in the shower. Bam. Just needed a little conversation.

Lori probably would have beaten her with a leather strap.

Exactly, that was my first thoughts. It is clear she did not care or want to deal with her children's emotional issues. I truly wonder if her children's mental health isn't screwed up in ways unknown because it would not surprise me at all if any or all her children needed therapy. 

I don't have children, but have worked with many of them and nearly all issues have a root cause. In my career with kids, we often work with them to "use your words". When someone starts to pitch a fit, cry, hit, bite, whatever, that's when we pull them aside and talk to them about the problem. We ask them what is wrong/what happened and if it's between more than one child, we get both sides and get to the root issue. I don't know how Lori's "parenting" here would help at all. I have a feeling communication in the home is quite lacking and always was. I also think the only feelings that ever mattered were Lori's. She was allowed to be mad, be upset, manipulate others, be passive-aggressive, anything. Her children though, they clearly were not allowed to have any of the emotions she was allowed to have. More proof she's a hypocrite to the max. 

32 minutes ago, dairyfreelife said:

I also think the only feelings that ever mattered were Lori's. She was allowed to be mad, be upset, manipulate others, be passive-aggressive, anything. Her children though, they clearly were not allowed to have any of the emotions she was allowed to have. More proof she's a hypocrite to the max. 

Exactly.  She controlled her family, and used the fact that she was "so, so sick" to do it.  She says they were afraid of her, and I believe it.  I think everyone in her life is afraid of her (and ironically, her uncontrollable emotions), and they tip toe around her to avoid her meltdowns.

Those kids learned early (in infancy) that Lori hits when she doesn't get exactly what she wants.  They learned that the family takes care of Lori first.  They learned that feelings and emotions are bad, and not to express them around their mother.  They learned that food was a battle, and it was normal to be presented with only salad every night.

I also think she uses her hyper focus on religion to control the people in her life.  Hell, she's even got Ken convinced that she's some kind of prophetess, who is only capable of speaking TRUTH! 

I will never forget her talking about how she likes to be served and saying that she's "definitely a taker".  I think that really says a lot.

16 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

What is she trying to say here? Maybe I'm just having a moment but I don't really get it. It seems vague. Is she throwing shade at another woman speaker? 

image.png

I think she's saying that doing wrong things will eventually be found out and have consequences. She is comparing the way the sexual misconduct of powerful men is currently being made public (even though they thought they would get away with it) with the way she imagines "disobedient women" won't get away with our insubordinate ways forever. On the other hand, her followers will get rewarded, somehow, eventually for being good little girls.

Today's post about emotion is so revealing. She and Ken went to a lecture and this what she gleans:

"The greatest battle the self must wage is against the emotions…"

It fits in solidly with the rest of the crap Lori preaches. Reject what you feel at all costs to keep your paycheck, I mean husband, around. She says this:

"Yes, we can cry at sad movies, grieve with those who grieve, mourn with those who mourn, and laugh with those who laugh."

She has no emotions of her own so she can only mirror what other people feel? Got it.

"Teach your children how to have right thinking. If you see that their thinking is bad (behavior and emotions come from thoughts), teach them how to make it good and right by renewing it with truth." 

As other's have said, this is teaching children to reject what they feel and invalidating their very real emotions. It's a chilly approach with no concern for resolving the underlying issues. It tells kids that they have no right to experience emotion. What a dangerous game to play with your child's mental health. 

"Find a godly, older women who you can go to when you know that you are having wrong thoughts..."

So in other words, listen to Lori because she knows better than you do how to handle your emotions. She really is priceless.

My first thought upon reading this recent doodle was that it was aimed at Ken.  I'm not saying Ken has assaulted any women, but I think his behavior has been - well - less than honorable and certainly not that of a faithful husband. I think Lori secretly hopes he is exposed for the creep he is. 

As for Cassie being anemic - maybe that is why she was eating raisins (raisans, raysins, rayzens....). They are concisdered a high iron food and (at least for me) are suggested as a good snack for those who are prone to anemia. Lori probably diagnosed her on her own and force fed her raisins each day. I can see it happening something like this: the child is very tired all the time (because she is not well-nourished), perhaps has a couple other symptoms that would normally prompt a mother to take her to the doctor.  Lori or one of the grandparents probabaly said off-handedly "She could be anemic" and so they started treating her at home. I doubt she ever had blood work done as a child. It doesn't sound like something Lori would do - seek medical care for something she believed could be cured by adding or withholding certain foods. 

IMG_9112.JPG

Re anemia: I suffered from anemia as a child, and it wasn’t my parents’ fault.  I contracted mono in freaking kindergarten, and was diagnosed as anemic afterwards. I had to have monthly blood counts for a couple of years and took prescription iron pills. (They were green and looked like M&Ms and had a sweet coating—the doc told me not to suck them or my teeth would turn black.)  I had a texture issue with eggs and meat, and didn’t like them unless they were cooked in a certain way (no visible egg whites, no speck of fat or gristle in my meat).  The anemia subsided once I was 7 or so.

@Koala, I did not know that raisins were a high iron food! I'm super anemic  (my period is a nightmare and I'm typing this on mobile with a heat pad on my stomach). I'll put them on my grocery list.

My goodness. I just went down a rabbit hole. Slightly stalked one of Lori’s followers. This poor woman has a cheating husband who divorced her and is with the other woman now. Poor lady. Can’t believe she finds comfort in someone like Lori, but I do feel sympathy for spouses who have been cheated on. It must be so terrible.

1 hour ago, TeddyBonkers said:

@Koala, I did not know that raisins were a high iron food! I'm super anemic  (my period is a nightmare and I'm typing this on mobile with a heat pad on my stomach). I'll put them on my grocery list.

I was found to be anemic before my last c-section and the doctor told me to eat high iron for the three days preceding the surgery. Shrimp, spinach, strawberries and raisins are the four food she named right off the bat. 

Fast forward 24 years. I have been dealing with iron issues for the past couple years and my current doctor gave me the same list. Of course, red meat is on the list; I was told that twice a week is a good rule of thumb for that. For me, the change in diet did not help enough so I had to start taking iron supplements and my counts have returned to normal. Taking an iron tablet twice a day, with a vitamin C tablet, on an empty stomach were my directions. 

I'm NOT a health care professional - just sharing what I've been told. I hope you can find something that works. 

12 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

sharewhatiwrite.PNG.a0e8dc3a25b12e10b9ef22b1baebf352.PNG

Funny, when we share what she writes we are called haters of God.

Just all part of her martyrbating... She has to always be the most hated and the most slandered 

What's everyone having for dinner tonight? Mine is already cooking in the crockpot before I run off to knit club. Tonight is a request from Mr. EW. He goes gaga for this. 

Chicken breast, with a package of 1/3 less fat cream cheese, 2 cans of black beans (we drain them), topped with our home canned salsa & the last of the bell & banana peppers from our garden. Serve over corn chips (for Mr) or a bit of brown rice or broccoli for me. 

I am doing something easy tonight: quinoa and this Indian lentil thing I get from Costco. Because I'm an evil heathen feminist and going to a 90 minute yoga class.

Tomorrow I'm making paella though!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived