IGNORED

Lori Alexander 34: The Woo Is Strong with this One

1 hour ago, Koala said:

You know "her salad dressing" she's always talking about?  

"Everyone LOVES my salad dressing!"  Yeah, it's totally NOT her recipe!

She just shared a video to FB called, "Making My Delicious Creamy Salad Dressing".  Above it, she writes:

Good lord, she's been claiming it for years, lapping up all the credit from people who supposedly loved it.  Now we find out that it wasn't even her recipe!

This is just like her "borrowing" pictures and content that doesn't belong to her, because she's just sure they wouldn't mind.  :pb_rollseyes:  I guess it makes sense...after all, she is a "taker".

Did she even cite the artist for the emotions one with the water color face? I mean I personally like that style, I want to check out the artist but couldn't see the name listed anywhere. And that's a huge problem in the artist community. People think they're entitled to use an artist's work without asking/ giving credit. Or they think an artist will/ should let them use it for free.  Even I'm guilty of it but it's something I'm trying to change now that I recognize its a problem. 

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, meowfundiecatz said:

Nuts. Did anyone see her dirty delete in the chat room?

Not in the chat room. I would never pass muster. 

Re: her salad dressing- that would have backfired when I was younger- I have always loved salads and veggies but don’t care for most dressings aside from a vinaigrette type. I never have. 

42 minutes ago, meowfundiecatz said:

Nuts. Did anyone see her dirty delete in the chat room?

No, like @Frog99, I'd never be let in. What was it about, can you paraphrase it a bit for us? Enquiring minds are dying to know. 

My 16yo DD is doing a report on feminism. I showed her Lori's blog ...she's in a state of shock. Worse than when the current POTUS was elected.

12 hours ago, EowynW said:

What's everyone having for dinner tonight? Mine is already cooking in the crockpot before I run off to knit club. Tonight is a request from Mr. EW. He goes gaga for this. 

Chicken breast, with a package of 1/3 less fat cream cheese, 2 cans of black beans (we drain them), topped with our home canned salsa & the last of the bell & banana peppers from our garden. Serve over corn chips (for Mr) or a bit of brown rice or broccoli for me. 

Crockpotting and knitting?! I think I love you! :my_heart:

I had a crock pot meal planned for tonight, but didn't get it prepared this morning. I ended up cooking it on the stove. A corn chowder with red potatoes, onion, chicken, cheese, and bacon to add on top. Perfect for our cold and rainy night.

32 minutes ago, KatBonD said:

Crockpotting and knitting?! I think I love you! :my_heart:

I had a crock pot meal planned for tonight, but didn't get it prepared this morning. I ended up cooking it on the stove. A corn chowder with red potatoes, onion, chicken, cheese, and bacon to add on top. Perfect for our cold and rainy night.

Oh I always have atleast two works in progress on my needles. Love my knitting. <3  I spin too. Both are very zen like to me. 

@eowyn1217 I'm working on a scarf at the moment. I have socks on time out because my instructions were wonky and I needed a break. I have a sweater on permanent time out. I need to re-purpose the yarn. And, I need to start on my son's high school graduation blanket gift. He's a junior right now. I know I need to start sooner than later!

I tried drop spindle spinning once but didn't really take to it. I appreciate those who can spin. What a gift! 

Late to the dinner party, but like good lapsed Catholics we had tilapia, shrimp and lobster cakes (my husband wasn't paying attention and thought they were crab cakes).

We have some kind of fish every Friday because apparently, you can take the person out of the church, but you can't take the habits (and guilt) out of the person ;)

36 minutes ago, KatBonD said:

@eowyn1217 I'm working on a scarf at the moment. I have socks on time out because my instructions were wonky and I needed a break. I have a sweater on permanent time out. I need to re-purpose the yarn. And, I need to start on my son's high school graduation blanket gift. He's a junior right now. I know I need to start sooner than later!

I tried drop spindle spinning once but didn't really take to it. I appreciate those who can spin. What a gift! 

Oooooh a sweater! I haven't done a sweater yet. Maybe next year. I just finished a baby blanket and am fixing to cast on a sockhead hat for a friend & some little knit people for Christmas decor. 

I have a drop spindle too. I find it harder than a wheel. 

2 hours ago, EowynW said:

Oooooh a sweater! I haven't done a sweater yet. Maybe next year. I just finished a baby blanket and am fixing to cast on a sockhead hat for a friend & some little knit people for Christmas decor. 

I have a drop spindle too. I find it harder than a wheel. 

Who knew I’d find my people in Lori’s thread? 

I am currently knitting a sweater - working on the sleeves - and a big cowl. I really want to finish this sweater so I can work on a baby blanket. 

I spin too. I have drop spindles and an e-spinner. Have a regular wheel too but the treadling and drafting are more stress than I’m interested in. 

Who knew I’d find my people in Lori’s thread? 

I know, right?

I'm trying to finish the blanket for my son's college graduation (which was last year). Progress has been stalled because the aforementioned son visits with his young dog every weekend, and I can't knit when the dog is around. (He has chewed more than one knitting needles and complete unraveled a skein of yarn.)

I'm not very good with my wheel yet. I'm so thrilled to have it though. It was given to me. 

I love knitting socks too. I knit shorty ones since it's so hot here. 

I'm happy to find my people here too! 

@EowynW@molecule@KnittingOwl I love knitting, too! However, I'm a slow knitter and it takes me (what feels like) forever to finish a project. It's always a happy day when I do! I would really love to finish that sweater, but I think I bit off more than I can chew on that one. It's a complicated color work fair isle pattern and I really don't want to devote my time to it. The charts are over 10 pages. It really is beautiful, though. I have lots of nice yarn from it that I can turn into hats or gloves or a scarf.

I do have some super soft baby alpaca yarn that's been sitting in my closet for a few years. I'm hoping to find a simple sweater pattern for that.

From Lori's post today:

Even having a victim mentality is a dangerous way to live. We are to love and forgive freely no matter what has happened to us since victimhood keeps us in bondage to what happened to us but thankfulness sets us free. How can a wife win her lost husband if she wallows in victimhood instead of being thankful? Thankfulness is what will draw him to her, not bitterness or unthankfulness.

Yes, wives, be thankful for your abusive husband. Flat out forgive him for all of the wrong he has done. Suppress those emotions and put on a fake smile and attitude. That will make everything better.

Please, mothers, don’t allow your children to grumble and complain but to be thankful instead and don’t allow a government-run institution steal your children’s joy and give them vain imaginations about foolish things. 

I'm assuming Lori's talking about teaching girls that they can be what they want to be. If a teacher encourages a female student who loves science to study biochemistry, that is encouraging her vain imagination. Heaven forbid that a girl receives an education!

Someone posted a warning about Michael Pearl on Lori's fb this morning. It has lasted 8 min so far.  Let the countdown to deletion begin...

ETA- Now it's been 16 min.  She is slow on the delete finger this morning.

@molecule, your post about the dog chewing the knitting needles off reminds me of reading accounts on Clara Parkes' old forum, Knitter's Review, about how knitters would find that their cats had chewed the Swallow casein needles off their knitting.  The cats could smell the milk content in the needles.  This reminds me how much I miss Knitter's Review.

I bought The Complete Surprise: Knitting Elizabeth Zimmerman's Surprise Jacket by Cully Swanson a few months ago. I really need to work on the techniques and then start a surprise jacket in earnest.  Cully Swanson is EZ's granddaughter, btw.  I've also got to make that baby hat for my newest granddaughter.  She can't wear a baby-size anymore.  I think she'll need a 2T!  She's 1, but she's big.

Just now, jerkit said:

Did anyone save the Michael Pearl link? I wanted to watch it but had to go into an appointment before it was deleted.

Here yah go. I didn't watch it,but I did click the link so I pulled it from my history. I hope this is it. 

Also this was posted so I'm waiting for what will happen to it.

image.png

image.png

5 minutes ago, jerkit said:

@Sarah92 thanks! OMG that guy is hilarious. He’s so indignant about Michael Pearl but he’s a fruitcake himself.

I might have to watch now lol. Some of the comments seemed to indicate the guy might be a little.... Off

Modest Lori just posted a pic of her newly painted kitchen walls on Instagram :my_rolleyes: 

And of course, asking her followers "how do you like them?" She's as transparent as my 4 year old fishing for a compliment. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived